Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I drove my truck on the highway at 80 mph without tearing apart the brakes first too. If you feel the need to have to have to take on the role of quality control because you can’t trust a company to catch basic issues that’s a sure sign you’re buying shit tier products.
View Quote

You don't test the brakes in the parking lot or driveway before you get to the highway?  That's idiotic.  Impossible.  And idiotic.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You don't test the brakes in the parking lot or driveway before you get to the highway?  That's idiotic.  Impossible.  And idiotic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drove my truck on the highway at 80 mph without tearing apart the brakes first too. If you feel the need to have to have to take on the role of quality control because you can’t trust a company to catch basic issues that’s a sure sign you’re buying shit tier products.

Your fanboism is bordering on battered wife syndrome.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your fanboism is bordering on battered wife syndrome.
View Quote

Do you not know the definition of fanboi?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Palmetto strikes again
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
That tube looks like it's square cut, which means if it is given another turn in (minimum amount possible) the top may extend forward of the receiver and interfere with the upper receiver when trying to close up.  Also, the buffer MAY also bottom out in the tube and still not let the bolt carrier back far enough to lock open.  Or not, depends on the tube.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

PM Sent.

Thanks,

Josiah
View All Quotes
Thank you for responding,I'm flying to Texas for a funeral and will contact you next week
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I have to say I was underwhelmed by PSA response,I just received the parts yesterday,I had already fixed it myself, that's it nothing else hell of a thing to buy a new gun that is screwed up and have to fix it yourself a $10 gift certificate or hell a written apology would have been nice
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It means the guy that screws in the tube wasn't paying attention, the guy that stakes the castle nut wasn't paying attention, the QC guy wasn't paying attention, and the guy that presumably looks at the rifle before he test fires them wasn't paying attention. That makes the whole rifle suspect because who knows what else they didn't pay attention to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys would seriously send it back for that?  All that hassle on your end vs. turning in a threaded tube one more turn?

It means the guy that screws in the tube wasn't paying attention, the guy that stakes the castle nut wasn't paying attention, the QC guy wasn't paying attention, and the guy that presumably looks at the rifle before he test fires them wasn't paying attention. That makes the whole rifle suspect because who knows what else they didn't pay attention to.
You probably shouldn't use guns if any of that is difficult for you to eyeball when you receive the gun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought it would make a cheap truck gun, going to rethink that...
View Quote

dude it's not a big deal. just didn't screw in the buffer tube enough. I've done the same thing on my own gun. It's not a manufacturing defect or anything, more of an assembly/qc issue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You guys would seriously send it back for that?  All that hassle on your end vs. turning in a threaded tube one more turn?
View Quote

And we're on ar15.com. I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Am I the only one who field strips and inspects every gun I acquire?
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In fairness to PSA I didn't inspect the gun I just put a sight on and went to shoot it,in fairness to me it's a brand new gun I didn't think I needed to
View Quote
Eh it kinda goes both ways. Yeah the product should've been inspected thoroughly  before being shipped and you should've inspected as well. Could've barely been catching the pin and let go after a few rounds. At least it seems like an easy fix and small mishap in comparison to other possibilities. Regardless they'll make it right.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Unnecessary part that is detrimental to reliability. Just don’t use it. Without it there jamming it up the gun should run fine, just takes a bit more care field stripping.
View Quote

I have an Anderson lower that has gone unbuilt due to an out-of-spec buffer retainer location. That idea has never crossed my mind.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Yet another psa failure. Looks like a 2nd grader assembled the lower.

psa is bottom tier for a reason..
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are you using a standard length buffer or a longer pistol buffer? I can't quite tell from the photo.

If you're using a standard length buffer without a spacer, you can get excess rear travel, which means higher impact against the buffer retainer.

It does help if the retainer is fully captured by the buffer tube, too...
View Quote

No, you're thinking bolt catch/LRBHO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#18]
5-10 min fox if you have the parts.

Contact PSA and they will find a way to make up for it.

I had a broken trigger spring one time on a new FCG, they had me a new one in the mail pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you using a standard length buffer or a longer pistol buffer? I can't quite tell from the photo.

If you're using a standard length buffer without a spacer, you can get excess rear travel, which means higher impact against the buffer retainer.

It does help if the retainer is fully captured by the buffer tube, too...

Oops, you are absolutely right.

Good catch!
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
5-10 min fox if you have the parts.

Contact PSA and they will find a way to make up for it.

I had a broken trigger spring one time on a new FCG, they had me a new one in the mail pretty quick.
View Quote

PSA already sent him the parts, but now he's mad they didn't send him a gift certificate too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No matter who the manufacture is you should always field strip and inspect you firearm before firing. Every manufacture can make mistakes. They are mechanical devices made by humans. Errors are possible.
View Quote

First thing I do is check out everything and clean the machining grease off when I get home with a new gun.

Glock is the only thing I would feel 99% confidence out the box but I'm still looking at those when I buy them.

Half the reason is just checking out and fingering my new toy. But definitely a screwup with hundreds of lowers on the rack it's going to happen. With budget brands you are your own qc.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Unnecessary part that is detrimental to reliability. Just don’t use it. Without it there jamming it up the gun should run fine, just takes a bit more care field stripping.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I recently ordered a lower build kit with the A2 stock.

The kit was missing the takedown pins, no biggie but they responded immediately with a tracking number for the missing parts and asked for the QC number on my kit.  So it looks like they are working to improve.

I will say that the A2 stock felt cheap and was very gray and had gray film coming off with a paper towel.
I was gonna eventually find a surplus A2 stock anyways but expected a little better.

I can't complain too much overall, I know of probably 15-20 of these PSA kits that guys put together on Anderson lowers without issue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The kit was missing the takedown pins, no biggie but they responded immediately with a tracking number for the missing parts and asked for the QC number on my kit.  So it looks like they are working to improve.

I will say that the A2 stock felt cheap and was very gray and had gray film coming off with a paper towel.
I was gonna eventually find a surplus A2 stock anyways but expected a little better.

I can't complain too much overall, I know of probably 15-20 of these PSA kits that guys put together on Anderson lowers without issue.
View Quote

I was eyeing those A2 chf kits for months but I'm seeing the 20" colts coming in so I think I'll grab one of those possibly but I don't think you can beat the 399 blem kits from PSA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every. Single. One.
Bullets seem to prefer an unobstructed path before exiting firearms.  I take simple measures to facilitate that preference. Might as well take a quick look around while while I’m here.  

Let’s shoot!
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shouldn't a gun manufacturer do the same? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Buy Colt/BCM/DD/LMT/Noveske/Knights Armament and shoot the weapon vs. constantly sending it back to be assembled correctly/repaired..
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder if the was proof tested.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

PSA already sent him the parts, but now he's mad they didn't send him a gift certificate too.
View Quote
Well they did waste his time with their poor QC.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my experience, probably at least two or three other things.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I was eyeing those A2 chf kits for months but I'm seeing the 20" colts coming in so I think I'll grab one of those possibly but I don't think you can beat the 399 blem kits from PSA.
View Quote

I found a capco A2 surplus upper, was wanting the oldskool fixed A2
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Field strip? Every AR I buy gets disassembled and reassembled to ensure nuts are properly torqued, MoS2 grease is used, etc.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have an Anderson lower that has gone unbuilt due to an out-of-spec buffer retainer location. That idea has never crossed my mind.
https://i.imgur.com/3vwEfq2.jpg
View Quote
I would bet an Aero enhanced buffer tube would retain the plunger on that.

Edited to add a second pic

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top