BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They can probably afford to make a few dozen of them.
View Quote
if they existed, which they dont. What you have there is the equivalent of some guy at dragoncon taking pictures of a guy cosplaying Ironman and calling it the next US Army powered armor initiative.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate when I click in a joglee thread by mistake
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hate when I click in a joglee thread by mistake
View Quote
Sure you do, that must be why you replied to it as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, but if you read what Russia says this does...It's everything Milley gave as a reason for the ICSR.
View Quote
And everyone with so much as an ounce of sense at the Pentagon knows that the Russians will never field that gear and that even if they had the cash and industrial sources to produce that shot, it wouldn't work as advertised.

/joglee thread
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Arfcom has serious issues thinking outside the box when it comes to their view of arms theory.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if they existed, which they dont. What you have there is the equivalent of some guy at dragoncon taking pictures of a guy cosplaying Ironman and calling it the next US Army powered armor initiative.
View Quote
This. Putin's Russia is nothing more than a LARP state with nukes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Arfcom has serious issues thinking outside the box when it comes to their view of arms theory.
View Quote
Are you saying for or against the idea of the ICSR?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Fucking dumb.

Russian Land Warrior? Excuse me....

Ahem.....BwahHahahahahHhhhHHhHAahahahahaa........Ahahahahabahahahahsabahshshahaaha. Ok, I'm done.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If this is actually the reason why then Milley is fucking retarded.
View Quote
RATNIK-3 is not the reason why Milley wants the ICSR. Joglee is wrong about that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#10]
He thinks we'll have a ground war with Russia? Talk about delusional
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#11]
What if we were to take something like the M1, and rechamber it for 7.62 NATO?

Maybe tweak the gas system some and make it use detachable magazines, make it select-fire even.

I think that could be a real winner.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]
lol.

He should lay off the CoD:  Infinite Warfare for a bit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What round for Spartans?
View Quote
.50 BMG
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow, the Russians are as good at fake soldier systems as we are. I am impressed.
View Quote
Quoted for truth.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
None of this will materialize. Some higher up needs to stop this. Waste of money.....
Who? Congress chose to side with the Army Chief of Staff. If he has congress on his side what "higher up" is there to stop him?
Attachment Attached File
LOL. Even though Trump wanted to pull out of Afghanistan, he went along with the Generals' plan to commit more troops. Do you seriously think he would overrule the ACS on a minor program like the ICSR?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#16]
How many cabbages does it take to purchase one of those?

I bet they'll be able to field at lease 3 country wide.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. Russia is one of the least advanced "modern" States in the world.

It is just fucking hype. Sadly, we have a fucking CoS who cannot even grasp that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Meh. It's nice to see the .mil anticipating new threats instead of waiting to get down range and lose a few hundred before TTP's and gear start to change.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meh. It's nice to see the .mil anticipating new threats instead of waiting to get down range and lose a few hundred before TTP's and gear start to change.
View Quote
Technology isn't there to warrant a change, IMO. They're reducing our capabilities with the heavier rifle and ammo to counter a boogeyman. Can anyone seriously justify this change? 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol.....is about all that suit rates.

But it does like like it'd go well with an Iranian cardboard stealth fighter.
View Quote
At least they can wear real socks with that costume now. lol
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Technology isn't there to warrant a change, IMO. They're reducing our capabilities with the heavier rifle and ammo to counter a boogeyman. Can anyone seriously justify this change? 
View Quote
Airforce...whining about rifle and ammo weight...

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Airforce...whining about rifle and ammo weight...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310196/laughing-hard-gif-1-293123.gif
View Quote
Heh, cool argument. Carried one every day of my 11 years in and every day for 4 thereafter.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Army Chief of Staff has seriously justified it. Does that count?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hah, seriously?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Heh, cool argument. Carried one every day of my 11 years in and every day for 4 thereafter.
View Quote
I was an 03 for 8 years. Save that bullshit "carried every day for so and so years". Grunts don't carry rifles every day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Concur.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was an 03 for 8 years. Save that bullshit "carried every day for so and so years". Grunts don't carry rifles every day.
View Quote
Wasn't a grunt, hombre. Just a guy that carried a rifle every day. You would rather have a 7.62 battle rifle? Just joining the discussion. Please point out where I am wrong.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Full retard,guess were going there in 9 days

Wonder who the lowest bidder will be this time
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wasn't a grunt, hombre. Just a guy that carried a rifle every day. You would rather have a 7.62 battle rifle? Just joining the discussion. Please point out where I am wrong.
View Quote
Humped a 240. Not every day like a space shuttle door gunner. Preferred it to 5.56. Would prefer a 7.62 rifle as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hah, seriously?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hah, seriously?
Yes, seriously. The ACS justification is why the program exists, and continues to progress.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It is just fucking hype. Sadly, we have a fucking CoS who cannot even grasp that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He must watch all those animated videos that 14 year old Russophiles create using ARMA video games and post on YT.

Next we will need a AAA system to deal with giant quad copters with dual 30mm gatling guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hah, seriously?
View Quote
Yes...Yes he has, this is his pet project and he went before the Senate Armed Services Committee and told them we need a new rifle firing the newly created Natick XM1158 7.62 round because Russia and China are pumping the markets full of high end ceramic armor that we have no way to defeat.

Congress told him you will have your money.

And now submissions for the ICSR are to be delivered by Sept 6th, 2017 for Phase I testing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Humped a 240. Not every day like a space shuttle door gunner. Preferred it to 5.56. Would prefer a 7.62 rifle as well.
View Quote
So your little tantrum is based on your perception of my service or lack therof compared to your badass Devil Dog self? Cool, now that that's out of the way. How about producing an argument with merit?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I rented this movie at Blockbuster Video back in '93. JVCD may have been involved.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, seriously. The ACS justification is why the program exists, and continues to progress.
View Quote
I get that. What I was saying is who wants to lug that shit around? Just because a GO says it's cool and babies it through some sort of justification program doesn't make it the right thing to do. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#39]
While it

"May be happening"

I don't believe it would be due to Russia.

That doesn't even make sense.

Molot just went bankrupt

Concern Kalashnikov is basically out of the small arms business

US sanctions have badly hurt their small arms industry.

If the US stopped purchasing ammunition from Russian companies for
use by Coalition Forces and friendlies, and if they were cut off from the US
commercial market that would take a nose dive.

I'm going to say OP is wrong on this and the more logical threat is

China

The Chinese are fielding modern small arms with AP ammunition across the board and
developing new and better body armor.

I'd consider them before Russia
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

China
View Quote
Maybe, Milley stated it was Russia which is why I used them as my example.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So your little tantrum is based on your perception of my service or lack therof compared to your badass Devil Dog self? Cool, now that that's out of the way. How about producing an argument with merit?
View Quote
Nah man, you're right. We should not improve our capabilities since we are currently fighting jihadi's running around in blackhawk vests and man jammies. We should keep doing it the same way we always have. Fight tomorrows war with yesterdays gear and TTP's. It's always worked out for those of us downrange.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
That RatNik shit suit looks like some kind of Cosplay shit. Nice costume, komrade.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nah man, you're right. We should not improve our capabilities since we are currently fighting jihadi's running around in blackhawk vests and man jammies. We should keep doing it the same way we always have. Fight tomorrows war with yesterdays gear and TTP's. It's always worked out for those of us downrange.
View Quote
That's my argument, man. I wasn't attempting to start a pissing match.

Does a 7.62 rifle increase our capabilities across the entire spectrum of it's possible employment over a 5.56 versus an armored target enough to warrant a change on such a large scale? What about ammo in prolonged exchanges, rate of effective fire, blast effects indoors, firing from imperfect positions or on the move and the ever present effects of WEIGHT  when it comes to overall effectiveness and the ability of the average Soldier, Marine or even pussy ass Airmen. When exactly is the 7.62 beneficial? There are many more factors that are more important 99% of the time, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
While it

"May be happening"

I don't believe it would be due to Russia.

That doesn't even make sense.

Molot just went bankrupt

Concern Kalashnikov is basically out of the small arms business

US sanctions have badly hurt their small arms industry.

If the US stopped purchasing ammunition from Russian companies for
use by Coalition Forces and friendlies, and if they were cut off from the US
commercial market that would take a nose dive.

China

The Chinese are fielding modern small arms with AP ammunition across the board and
developing new and better body armor.

I'd consider them before Russia
View Quote
This is about Russia,but more so about funding. Soldiers involved already confirmed  on Primary and Secondary that 7.62 is about Russia (the original idea was they'd be only going to troops in Europe but now its apparently changed to service wide). Plus Milley has been blatantly using the Russian threat to justify not only new rifles but new everything. He's pushing to completely revamp the Army in a way not seen since the 80s to guarantee post GWOT funding, and the Russian bear is how he's doing it.

We aren't in a new Cold War against China, but we are against Russia, where in E. Europe we have numerous BCTs opposing the Russian Army, not the PLA. Milley is using Operation Atlantic Resolve to justify a threat credible enough that Trump and Congress might kick up more funding, or at least have less argument saying no.

"President Trump, is it true the Chief of Staff of the Army wants a new X because of the Russian threat but your administration is denying our deployed troops this necessary equipment? Is your decision related to Mr. Mueller's investigation on collusion with Putin and Russia?"
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Pfft. Just wait till the U.S. fields my avatar in response. Commies gonna need .50 BMG Raufoss or better.

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Pfft. Just wait till the U.S. fields my avatar in response. Commies gonna need .50 BMG Raufoss or better.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7d/d5/7a/7dd57af53e82892ac9b24b06dc97fb1b--videogames-power-armor-fallout.jpg

View Quote
I'm down with that son!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah... Like that shit's totally gonna get fielded.

Meanwhile, Big Army is all:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
So after 8 years as an 03, what experience taught you 5.56 M995 AP won't penetrate Level III armor?

Also, describe new TTPs that allow you as an infantryman to fight Russians infantry,  without arty, tanks, fights, bombers, subs, and missile silos fighting one another? If all those happen, you aren't going to want a 7.62 rifle,  you are going to want a davy crockett nuclear recoilless rifle.

New TTPs don't work because after ever COIN proxie war the Army promises it won't fight them again, instead trying to prep for a near peer MCO fight in which the Army actually plays only a minor tole because of emphasis on strategic weapons. Then, because the near peer war can't happen we end up in another COIN proxie war and we have to spend years relearning how to fight them.

And the only reason is because near peer MCO pays the defense industry a lot more than COIN.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
7.62 NATO is aweful. It's almost 3 times as heavy as 5.56. And all that extra weight, buys you just 200-250 meters. 550 point target range vs 800 point target range.

MK262 can even mimic a 7.62 NATO trajectory. So even a well made 5.56 round can level with shitty ass 7.62 NATO. That cartridge is a shit show, it does nothing dramatically better than 5.56. And in testing 5.56 has shown to be more lethal than 7.62

You are also limited not by your cartridge range. You are limited by how soon you can spot the enemy. And most of the time, unless you glue a pair of binos, you cannot see a camouflaged enemy beyond 200 meters. So guess what? You are using a heavy ass, crappy capability round, for 99% of the time engaging targets no further out than 200 meters.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

7.62 NATO is aweful. It's almost 3 times as heavy as 5.56. And all that extra weight, buys you just 200-250 meters. 550 point target range vs 800 point target range.

MK262 can even mimic a 7.62 NATO trajectory. So even a well made 5.56 round can level with shitty ass 7.62 NATO. That cartridge is a shit show, it does nothing dramatically better than 5.56. And in testing 5.56 has shown to be more lethal than 7.62

You are also limited not by your cartridge range. You are limited by how soon you can spot the enemy. And most of the time, unless you glue a pair of binos, you cannot see a camouflaged enemy beyond 200 meters. So guess what? You are using a heavy ass, crappy capability round, for 99% of the time engaging targets no further out than 200 meters.
View Quote
Okay. I didn't mind. It worked well enough. The cartridge can be improved upon. I'll see what happens with the new thing they got going on. If nothing else it'll spur some innovation.
Page / 6
Top Top