Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
1st, 2nd, 3rd posts nailed it

I admit I have gotten some pretty good deals in the past from sellers who posted ads with no pics or with MO payment requirement.

Just not worth it to be bothered with these sellers anymore.

A big LOL to the guys trying to sell a $10-20k Rolex with no pics.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No pics
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No pics
View Quote

Quoted:
"Email or text for pics."
View Quote

Quoted:
USPS MO order only

Not a red flag. Just a nope.
(Your thread title doesn't match the last sentence in your OP)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
For everyone that won't deal with someone with no feedback, how the hell are you supposed to get feedback when you can't buy or sell anything? There have been two times that I would have bought blackpowder firearms with no bargaining, pay the full price and go on, but nope, "Less than 10 EE transactions, I won't sell to you". I quit even checking the EE boards, it isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For everyone that won't deal with someone with no feedback, how the hell are you supposed to get feedback when you can't buy or sell anything? There have been two times that I would have bought blackpowder firearms with no bargaining, pay the full price and go on, but nope, "Less than 10 EE transactions, I won't sell to you". I quit even checking the EE boards, it isn't worth it.
View Quote

I’d sell or buy from you though, you’ve been here a few years and while not a high post count it’s not just a couple posts either.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
No PayPal, no pics, "email only"...
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]
No pics = I’m not really interested in selling it.  Seriously, how hard is it to post even on Imgur, which is free?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Extremely high number of feedback=neckbeard usually=fuck off
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You build your rapport. Start small with either buying or selling accessories~ mags, grips, mounts, handguards, cans of chili, etc. Once you have some feedback, then you can jump into high value items.

It’s like building credit. You don’t get a good credit score by just signing up for a credit card and then doing nothing. I wouldn’t have a problem selling to a low/no feedback user but I doubt I would buy from one
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
No pics
"only take money orders"
Ridiculous prices

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Extremely high number of feedback=neckbeard usually=fuck off
View Quote

Yeah I'm with you there.

Bunch of fucking neckbeards!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No pics, no care. Bad EE score. No one should be less than 100%.
View Quote
I've seen some really bad calls by EE Mods.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just love the zero feedback bullshit. You can’t get feedback if no one buys from you with zero feedback. Fucking stupid. Typical arfcommers
View Quote

you can buy stuff though.   get a couple feedbacks that way.  you have a lot of post counts.  many have the one of the posting and joined a couple days prior.   while some are legit, a lot of scammers do the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#15]
custom butchering done to some parts for a look they wanted etc.  like a section of rail missing because they cut it out.

or a bcg they dremeled on. things like that

asking new prices for used, sometimes heavily. I am ok with some items being salty, but they should be priced for being salty.  Not 10% less than new.

asking for a copy of id.  I have no problem showing it in person. but I am not giving a copy or letting you take a picture.    

I did try to buy a rifle and ammo deal from someone a couple hours away but ad was for shipping it.  Was trying to work out when I could pick it up.  They decided to sell it to someone they had to ship it to.   Would have thought the ftf would be a easier transaction because it was a lot of ammo with it and not having to ship it to them, and their ffl. Oh well.  

I always try to leave feedback, but had a bunch that never left any for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stippling
View Quote

Its custom though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You build your rapport. Start small with either buying or selling accessories~ mags, grips, mounts, handguards, cans of chili, etc. Once you have some feedback, then you can jump into high value items.

It’s like building credit. You don’t get a good credit score by just signing up for a credit card and then doing nothing. I wouldn’t have a problem selling to a low/no feedback user but I doubt I would buy from one
View Quote

I don’t have a lot to say = low post count.

I don’t buy and sell random junk = I don’t have feedback.

If you’re really so ridiculous as to not buy from/sell to me because of that that…your loss.  

Thanks.

(Currently working on making a multi-thousand-dollar deal happen via EE - if it falls apart, it isn’t because I didn’t hold up my end of the bargain.)
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Update.

Got a well deserved kick in the nuts today, by getting stupid and dealing with a new unsaying member, with zero feedback and only 3 posts.

Something I wanted popped up in the EE, I worked a deal to pay for it on the 1st of the month, said “ I’ll take it “, in the thread.

Only afterwards noticed sellers account was only a year old, his account wasn’t a paying member, had zero feedback and only 3 posts.

UN OH. Oh shit !

sent a few messages over the last week with no answer.   UN OH !

Sent one this morning asking for a pic of item with user name on paper… to help myself feel better about this deal.

Got a response ! Good news ! Whew !

Dude….. “ sorry bro, item was sold “.

Well fuck.

Kinda a relief, least I didn’t lose any money. Sigh.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would sell to someone with zero feedback.  I wouldn't buy from them unless they had a decent join date / post count.

My biggest complaint is that I've only gotten feedback on about half of the transactions I've done.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:02:49 AM EDT
[#20]
"Email or dm for pics"
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:15:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Join Date. Post count. Feedback. Check post history and past sales feedback if need be. If I'm buying and there's no pics I usually just skip it.

I will buy and sell smaller dollar items to newer accounts because there's not much risk involved.

Look for any other red flags or weirdness. If they've been around a couple years and sold a thing or two in that time with some posts you are generally fine. I've sold and bought single items that were worth several thousand dollars on the EE without issue. Just gotta use your noggin and screen people a little bit. There will always be some risk.

The want to buy are the worst. Scammers will go down page 1 and email every person saying they have their item and send them an email to paypal cash to.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anything other than F2F cash sales.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I still 100% feedback on eBay. And a couple here. But I’m not doing PayPal, 1099 my ass everything I sell I’m taking a huge loss on plus depreciation. We don’t have a VAT but someone 1099ing you implies that we do.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:12:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Selling used for higher than from a vendor + shipping should be legal to post a link

There needs to be a seperate EE for local sales only. Or a required standardized subject line like “FTF only xx miles metro, 2letter state”

Prices should always be in the subject line
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Keep right on scrolling by that bullshit
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:28:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
USPS MO order only

Not a red flag. Just a nope.
(Your thread title doesn’t match the last sentence in your OP)
View Quote

Yup. Mos are trash
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:29:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Stop paying regular PayPal/goods and services.

Clearly told a dude “PayPal F&F only” and yet he sent G&S but “added the fee” for me. Fuck your fee jackass, I don’t want a 1099 from those fuckers.
View Quote

Cool story, i dont want literally no protection from your ass not sending me my goods or service.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:30:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just looking at the ee. Ill order retail for shipping.  Healthy secondary market here locally so don't need yalls broke shit.
View Quote

Honestly, pretty true
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Never sell anything, face to face purchases only.

Also, never make a buy in an abandoned drive in.
View Quote

You just got to keep an eye out on the rooftops.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I automatically pass on zero feedback. New, non-paying member will likely get passed up.

I've seen ads where it is the 1st post activity ever from the seller. I chuckle and move on.
View Quote
Depends $50 in mags I might risk it on a zero feedback $100+ yeah fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I like how someone generically takes like 10% off retail prices for a gun. Like no jackass you have to motivate me to buy your used item because I know when you ship it I have to pay another $30 in FFL fees. $425 for a used pistol that retails for $500 motivates noone to buy used. Sorry I dint really give a shit you only 0ut 2 mags through the barrel I may as well buy new at that price point.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:51:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just love the zero feedback bullshit. You can’t get feedback if no one buys from you with zero feedback. Fucking stupid. Typical arfcommers
View Quote

Everyone has to start somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The first two POs I went to  to cash out the buyers MO didn't have enough cash on hand, less than $500  Just what I wanted to do with my afternoon, ride around town to various POs trying to cash that crap. No thanks.
View Quote
I can cash them at the bank.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:03:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't have a lot to say = low post count.

I don't buy and sell random junk = I don't have feedback.

If you're really so ridiculous as to not buy from/sell to me because of that that your loss.  

Thanks.

(Currently working on making a multi-thousand-dollar deal happen via EE - if it falls apart, it isn't because I didn't hold up my end of the bargain.)
View Quote
Lol someone's butt hurt
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:05:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Selling used for higher than from a vendor + shipping should be legal to post a link

There needs to be a seperate EE for local sales only. Or a required standardized subject line like "FTF only xx miles metro, 2letter state"

Prices should always be in the subject line
View Quote
Idk about your hometown forum but man has an option for EE ads filtered to Alaska only
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I can cash them at the bank.
View Quote

Me too, clears next day.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Little to no EE feedback history, recently activated account, and overpriced when available elsewhere as new.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
When/if I sell something on the EE, I post very detailed pics.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It does offer some protection against getting ripped off.
I wouldn't balk over that form of payment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop paying regular PayPal/goods and services.

Clearly told a dude “PayPal F&F only” and yet he sent G&S but “added the fee” for me. Fuck your fee jackass, I don’t want a 1099 from those fuckers.

It does offer some protection against getting ripped off.
I wouldn't balk over that form of payment.

Not in firearms related transactions….even parts.

They will want details of the transaction and wont touch it ….may even close your account after denying the claim.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If the seller has a funny avatar like a man with a headset on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What EE things make you you say, “screw that“, towards buying?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/EE-scammers

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/A-heads-up-for-everyone-update-EE-related
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#42]
If you'd like to see pics txt me @ eight I 9 ¾ six fourteen sixty 7
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#43]
I generally look at their last 5 feedback. Then see if they left feedback for those people. If not, I don’t generally buy from people that half ass their transactions.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#44]
"I'm [out of town on business/deployed/in hospital/etc] right now but my [girlfriend/buddy/familymember] will handle the transaction for me"
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve never had any issues with new/no feedback members when buying or selling.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Never sell anything, face to face purchases only.

Also, never make a buy in an abandoned drive in.
View Quote

Unless you have Val Kilmer on overwatch

I've done a few EE transactions and have even done some payment plans with sellers in the past. I've been lucky in not having any issues
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#47]
The fact that it's on the EE scares me.

I don't trust that the person isn't scamming me.  I feel the same way about eBay.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Pretty simple, you’re looking in the equipment exchange, see an item advertised that you want, but for some reason after looking at the ad you simply say “ fuck that “ ! And walk the hell away.

What are some things you simply see as red flags ?

Update.

Something I wanted popped up in the EE, I worked a deal to pay for it on the 1st of the month, said “ I’ll take it “, in the thread.

Only afterwards noticed sellers account was only a year old, his account wasn’t a paying member, had zero feedback and only 3 posts.

UN OH.

sent a few messages over the last week with no answer.   UN OH !

Sent one this morning asking for a pic of item with user name on paper…

Got a response !

“ sorry bro, item was sold “.

Well fuck.

Kinda a relief, least I didn’t lose any money. Sigh.
View Quote

The biggest red flag for me are people who ONLY use USPS money orders for payment.   Those are a hassle to deal with as it requires a trip to the bank to deal with.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I’ll keep buying all the good deals you guys pass up for not having pictures. I’ll also keep buying from 0 feedback guys. Everyone has to start somewhere. I’ve been the first feedback for many new members here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Lol OP thinks he got shafted
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top