Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Taurus Tracker 9 shot is a fine pack gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should know that Ruger SUCKS, no matter the product/turd!  All the well made, old revolvers are all 6 shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You should know that Ruger SUCKS, no matter the product/turd!  All the well made, old revolvers are all 6 shot.

BS...I know I personally ran out at least ten bricks of .22 that old 9 shot tilt barrel harrington in my teens.  Multiply that times four if you factor in my brothers and dad.

If you want more than 6rds of .22, get an auto!

I did.  A Ruger SR22.  Just now, I  ran 150 flawless rounds through it in the Back 40 range.  Last weekend I ran a brick through it at the CMP range. One dud.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They did that to accomodate the internal firing pin mechanism, which preceded the lock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That dumb lock just kills those revolvers

It's not just the lock, that's removable, it's what they did to the frames to accommodate the lock. The classic lines of the frames were altered (except for the N, it was big enough as-is) to make room for the abomination.

A real classic Model 36 vs. the post-lock "Classic" version. I'll forgive the longer 'Magnum' cylinder even though personally I dislike .357 out of a J it still looks good. But the shape of the frame is like nails on a chalkboard . . .

http://www.fototime.com/A013FC1F0428C96/orig.jpg

They did that to accomodate the internal firing pin mechanism, which preceded the lock.

Yes, about half that material was added when they went to the magnum frame with internal firing pin, it is different from the original J-frame, but not as drastic. Even more had to be added for the lock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you don't mind used a Harrington Richardson 922 comes to mind. They can usually be had for about $125-150 if you shop around. Maybe even cheaper.
View Quote

If the quality was decent I would by a couple at that price. I have never seen one for sale in the last 25 years.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
S&W 43c
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have never had my hands on a break open revolver in 22lr that had anything like a reasonable trigger.
To me , shooting a revolver well or to have much fun requires a decent trigger.

For me my 617 10-shot is where it is at but my old Colt Match target (six shots although the cylinder is of the size they could have done 12) is a fun second.

More than once I have considered the ease of snapping open a break open to get rid of those pesky little empty cases that just slow me down from loading.
I would love the ease of a break open for loading and unloading if it could be had with a great trigger like the 617.

Once again ,we are talking about rimfire revolvers and 617 is the only real answer
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have never had my hands on a break open revolver in 22lr that had anything like a reasonable trigger.
To me , shooting a revolver well or to have much fun requires a decent trigger.

For me my 617 10-shot is where it is at but my old Colt Match target (six shots although the cylinder is of the size they could have done 12) is a fun second.

More than once I have considered the ease of snapping open a break open to get rid of those pesky little empty cases that just slow me down from loading.
I would love the ease of a break open for loading and unloading if it could be had with a great trigger like the 617.

Once again ,we are talking about rimfire revolvers and 617 is the only real answer
View Quote

The H&R is a decent gun  (922?) It has big, terrific sights.
I polished the trigger a bit and it made it that much better.

Also, it's good for noobies.  I always told them if anything goes wrong, or if you just want to stop, open it like this and it is totally safe.  can shoot s, l, and lr BTW.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top