Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Troeg's Brewery in Hershey, PA.

Weyerbacher here in Easton, PA.

Awesome IPA's from Troeg's, great Tripel's from Weyerbacher.
View Quote

Troeg's Double Bock is excellent. Wish it were easier to find it in NE Ohio.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Treehouse / Trillium.

’m sure we can all guess their politics, but their beer is better than 95% of the stuff posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Midnight, Crazy Rooster, are both great but really strong and I’d say better than Hardywood is

Kindred Spirit, just the other end of Westcreek
View Quote

Richmond area has several good ones. Isley in Scott’s Addition has some good beers, too.

Hardywood is one of the few breweries that has a broad range of competence (they can make many variations of stouts, lagers, IPAs, etc. well). They also know how to make a not-too-sweet fruited beer that isn’t overpoweringly fruity - their peach tripel is fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Rally Cap out of Baton Rouge has some great beers.
So does Gnarley Barley out of Hammond I believe.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Best beer we've had in GA is from Wild Leap...we've been to just about all of them.

ROCK6
View Quote

Yep another one but not ‘local’ to me. Their Super Lager and Chase IPA are favorites of mine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Don't be silly, ya'll have Avery up in Boulder.
View Quote

Avery is solid, decent, and the crew is down to earth. I'll drink Avery anytime.
Oskar Blues is also great people and excellent suds.
I want to give a shout out to my friends at Left Hand Brewing in Longmont -- I miss y'all and thanks for the good times and great beer! We love you!
To the good folks at Mountain Sun -- I've been chasing rye beer since the first batch you cooked up in the old days. Thanks for turning me into a damn beer snob, I think. Also thanks for the kegs of xxx you poured down my gullet for 25 years. Love ya!

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Warped wing
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
St. Arnold's
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
450 North, but it's 3 hours away from me. There are others, but not nearly as good. 3 Floyds is a good runner up, also 3 hours away from me, but at least it's available at local stores.
View Quote

@sp3worker

You can't get 450 North in stores? I'm 6 hours away in North Eastern Ohio and no at least two stores that sell it.

Its fucking delicious but pricey. My wife has family in the area and I tried to convince her we should go to the corn maze.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hoppin' Frog Brewing CO., Akron, Ohio. If you are a serious stout (especially Russian Imperial Stout) check it out. World class quality IMO.
View Quote

@EastWest

If you are semi-local check out Magic City Brewing. It's less than 10 minutes from Hoppin Frog.

They have rotating taps so best to check first. The food there is also amazing.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd say Abita stepped out of the micro category a while back, but they still make good stuff.

Gnarly Barley is probably my favorite LA brewery
View Quote

Gnarly Barley is def my favorite LA brewery, then Parish, then Abita.

Stop through Gnarly Barley as often as I can when going between home and New Orleans. Have a few of their things in the beer fridge, including a crowler of their Bock to the Future I'll probably kill this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are no microbreweries in Colorado. All we have is Coors, which I think tastes like watery NyQuil.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

ETA:

Giving up Goose Island is one of the two things that actually stung about boycotting InBev/Transheiser-Busch. Who, BTW, bought out Goose Island a few years ago. The buyout got a whole chapter in that canonization piece of a book that also devoted a chapter or two to describing how Jesse Jackass strongarming AB into giving his son a distributorship was a good thing.

Umm
.. did I not say that?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:30:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oyster City Brewing Company in Apalachicola.
I love their Hooter Brown (when I can find it). It tastes almost identical via tap or can.
Their Helles won a gold medal at this year's World Beer Cup
View Quote

@Alba666, we might be going there this weekend as we'll be camping with some of my wife's family at Camel Lake in Bristol. Eastpoint Brewing, just across the bridge isn't bad either, just not the selection size as Oyster City

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:36:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep another one but not ‘local’ to me. Their Super Lager and Chase IPA are favorites of mine.
View Quote

@ATLDiver, isn't their Atlanta brewery opened up yet? They have a pretty cool location in LaGrange. Not local to us either, but my wife's cousin plays in LaGrange from time to time in a small country music band and we would drive over and hit Wild Leap.

Also not local to us, but for those living in/around Charleston, SC, we hit just about all their breweries and Westbrook was by far the best for selections (if you love IPAs)...a ton of great beers.

We need to head up to Greenville, SC for a weekend, so anyone in the area, give us some pointers on breweries...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
We frequent eureka heights from time time as well as several others in Houston.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@EastWest

If you are semi-local check out Magic City Brewing. It's less than 10 minutes from Hoppin Frog.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hoppin' Frog Brewing CO., Akron, Ohio. If you are a serious stout (especially Russian Imperial Stout) check it out. World class quality IMO.

@EastWest

@Breedy

Thanks for the head's up. By its name, it sounds like it is in Barberton, will check it out. I grew up just north of Kent and live on the Cuyahoga Falls/West Akron border...have been a fan of Barberton chicken since the 1980s. (Of which, unfortunately I am the only fan in my family...wife barely tolerates it; kids, grandkids have no interest).

Speaking of Barberton, if you're not familiar with it, check out Al's Market and Al's Corner Cafe. Outstanding Slovenian sausage, Hungarian sausage, various eastern European foods. And a very decent selection of Russian/eastern European beers such as Baltika, Kimes' Russian Imperial Stout (from Poland), etc.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@ATLDiver, isn't their Atlanta brewery opened up yet? They have a pretty cool location in LaGrange. Not local to us either, but my wife's cousin plays in LaGrange from time to time in a small country music band and we would drive over and hit Wild Leap.

Also not local to us, but for those living in/around Charleston, SC, we hit just about all their breweries and Westbrook was by far the best for selections (if you love IPAs)...a ton of great beers.

We need to head up to Greenville, SC for a weekend, so anyone in the area, give us some pointers on breweries...

ROCK6
View Quote

Not sure, probably but I’m not local to Atlanta either. As I said, we have some great micros throughout the state. Left Nut was pretty good but believe they sold out, haven’t paid attention to them in the last few.

As for Greenville, look up Birds Fly South.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stop through Gnarly Barley as often as I can when going between home and New Orleans. Have a few of their things in the beer fridge, including a crowler of their Bock to the Future I'll probably kill this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say Abita stepped out of the micro category a while back, but they still make good stuff.

Gnarly Barley is probably my favorite LA brewery

WalkOns has the best Jucifer on tap. Your absolutely correct about Abita. Looking at it now, it is not a micro brewery anymore, not it hasn’t been for a while. But some of their offerings like Alphagator are up there with some of the best micro brews out there. An 8.5% hazy ipa at $9.99 for four isn’t bad either lol.

Doh….Didn’t mean to quote all
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
St. Arnold's
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I am a fan of Orpheus' 'Transmigration of Souls'

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#21]
This is the true “diversity equity and inclusion” of the 50 states.

Thank you guys for posting pictures, some of those micro beer labels just look cool.

I’ve never tasted probably any of those and probably never will, unless they are at the brown jug in Anchorage.

I made a list and will ask.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#22]
If you're near San Diego, the Latitude 33 blood orange IPA is quite good.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top