Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pixel 5a
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Being brutally honest, I have a work issued IPhone 11 with IOS 16.3.1, and my personal phone is an ancient Galaxy S10e with Android 11.  Having used both, I can’t stand how non-intuitive, and how big of pain it is to do some things on the IPhone, compared to ease of use of Samsung and Android software.  If given a personal iPhone for free, I’d still spend money on another Galaxy platform with Android.
View Quote

I agree 100%, but the exact reverse.
I have tried going android several times on several phones and tablets, and I just don't find it easy to use.
I just find iOS easier to use than Android.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I disagree, historically Motorla is known to be a horrific: 1 update and 1 additional year(quarterly) security updates.  I bought the G100 knowing that because I like the hardware and LineageOS was sure to support it.
View Quote

Not really.

Motorola was also one of the first to support the rooting and CFW scene which is why you have Lineage on it. Way back when I had my last Moto phone they had just started the program to give keys to unlock the bootloader. These days it's just ADB work and a single command.

I think you've gotten more support than my Razer. You phone is also very new. I may have gotten 1 update, so security updates, since I got my Razer in 2019. It was released in 2018. My security patch is older than the entire G100 line! Than again, I don't buy a phone hoping the manufacturer will give me continuous updates. I buy for the hardware and often for the aftermarket too.

At least it's no Samsung. Combine poor support with a really shitty UI and barely mediocre build materials.

I'll probably end up with an Asus ROG or similar next. The battery is about shot on the Razer (<50% life) and the back glass is held together with packing tape.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top