BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don’t tune your ammo, tune the buffer.  It’s super easy. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/BE7BEDEC-6452-4B8C-A607-ADAB76C65411_jpe-2537514.JPG
View Quote

Ah, different springs for tuning. Makes sense. Might look into that for my AR9. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's hard to beat the iconic MP5, especially with so many options out there today making them very affordable. I have the PTR version with the Franklin binary and love it. I also have an Uzi, but it's more for nostalgia than usability because the trigger sucks and the gun itself is quite heavy. Now, if Franklin or Fostech ever come out with one of their triggers for the Uzi, I'll be all over that.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any other choice?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered the PSA AKV w 10 mags deal. That's right we got the poors over here come at me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
357 mag unless you are hunting. Really big stuff.
My rossie 357 stomped a couple of 125# hogs on my back rode.  Bang flop.

H110 and a cast and powder coated 158 grain bullet moving 1700 fps is no slouch.

Edited.

Sorry somehow I thought I was in the lever gun thread at least diameters are the same for the most part l
View Quote

Shit, don't aplogize!  A levergun is the OG PCC
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Turkish MP5s are good quality and at current prices it's hard to recommend anything else
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just ordered the PSA AKV w 10 mags deal. That's right we got the poors over here come at me.
View Quote

Link to deal?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't get a scorpion.   They REALLY suck.  I have one that never gets shot because it's such a piece of shit.  Trigger is terrible.  Action sucks.  I can't say enough bad things about it.  

I've never shot a MPX, but it almost can't be worse.

I would prefer an AR15 pistol in 9mm or whichever caliber you seek.  

MP5's are cool.  The recoil is amazing,  but I prefer the ergonomics of an AR.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
MPX is great, but to you, is it worth 2x - 3x as much as other lower cost options?

If money is no option, get a B&T or an MPX.  Both are GREAT.

If value enters into your decision, there are a lot cheaper options that work well, and start as low as $700.
View Quote

Yes!  Yes, it certainly is.  The MPX is the way to go, OP.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes!  Yes, it certainly is.  The MPX is the way to go, OP.
View Quote

Every time I’m tempted I watch one choke horribly during a match.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Scorpion because the bullpup chassis for it exists.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't get a scorpion.   They REALLY suck.  I have one that never gets shot because it's such a piece of shit.  Trigger is terrible.  Action sucks.  I can't say enough bad things about it.  

I've never shot a MPX, but it almost can't be worse.

I would prefer an AR15 pistol in 9mm or whichever caliber you seek.  

MP5's are cool.  The recoil is amazing,  but I prefer the ergonomics of an AR.
View Quote

I agree. I shot one a few times. Everything I was surprised how much it sucked. It may be reliable though.

MPX with a can is ammmmaaazing. But it’s crazy expensive for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Came to suggest the MP5 but I see the OP has made up his mind.

I've had few PCCs.
The blowback ARs aren't a lot of fun to shoot, but I wish I had kept the Colt mag one that I built.

Always wanted a KelTec Sub 2000 and now that I have owned one, I agree with many others:
It will slap your cheek, it is very hard to get behind the sights, and you will probably want to spend $3-500 to get it where you want it.
Did not like it.

The Extar is probably the best value, but in a land of homely guns, the Extar is truly pitiful.

MP5s are expensive but now that I have a couple I'm hooked.
The full size is a POF, the K is a PTR.
Both are loads of fun.
I've got a binary trigger I swap between them.

Somehow those guns influenced me to buy a R9 suppressor.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Doggone you guys!  In spite of all the other PCCs I already have (more than I'll ever need), y'all made me go ahead and order an AP5 now that they have come down in price.  I'll no doubt SBR the thing as soon as I wring it out enough to check the reliability of mine.  Already ordered several mags and have started looking for a Surefire forend.

Shame on you all...  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Turkish MP5s are good quality and at current prices it's hard to recommend anything else

Doggone you guys!  In spite of all the other PCCs I already have (more than I'll ever need), y'all made me go ahead and order an AP5 now that they have come down in price.  I'll no doubt SBR the thing as soon as I wring it out enough to check the reliability of mine.  Already ordered several mags and have started looking for a Surefire forend.

Shame on you all...  

@HardShell
Dude!
Some of your PCC posts and pictures are legendary.

If it makes you feel any better, you've influenced me to spend money in the past.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#16]
The most fun thing I have to shoot and what everyone grabs first is my Glock 34 in a chassis with a red dot. Seriously it’s fun and handy!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
FX9...?

I bought one recently... replaced the grip, the trigger* and firing spring spring and it runs 100%

*Original trigger is craptastic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#18]
MP5 of some kind.  How is this even a question?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Shame on you all...  

View Quote

I don’t think the Surefire forend works with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Flux Raider
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sig MPX too spendy and tends to get unsupported when the next gen arrives.  I can only afford 1 mag.  

MP5, way too spendy for an actual, but my .mil time with them was FUN.  We kept one as a truck gun and we didn't know what that meant.  Controls not the easiest to use in a stressful situation and lack of LRBHO are annoying when compared to more modern weapons.  Copy guns seem to be not near as reliable and wouldn't trust my life with one.

PSA AR7, looked promising until you read the countless FTF issues with HP ammo.  I want a self defense PCC 100% reliable with HP.  Also heavy.

B&T, I'm poor and would keep one in the safe if owned.  

CMMG Banshee.  This one seemed to check all my boxes.  In-person it somehow feels a lot heavier than it should to me and the AR buffer tube sucks for length.  Expensive, but it seems very quality almost too pretty to be a work gun.  

Thought about a cheapo Extar, but the new version proprietary non-collapsing crap brace ruins it for me.  Too long and looks like something I'd use for ice climbing.  

Foxtrot Mike FM9, seems ok and maybe an option?  Blowback AR9 operation sucks and not sure how well it would supress when I jb weld an oil filter on during end days in Minecraft.  

Stribog SP9A3S.  Seems neat and maybe my #1, but I haven't seen one in the wild.  Unfortunately it looks like it needs to be modified like the entire lower replaced, which isn't on my to-do list.  Also, plenty of reviews showing it hates HP ammo.  

I voted and bought a CZ Scorpion.  
Then decided I'm too lazy to modify it before even shooting it.  It's one of those guns that needs a few things to feel normal in my opinion.  I know, just grip and safety for starters.  

So I have a NIB FDE Scorpion pistol that I'd like to maybe sell.  What's it worth face to face sale in Dallas area?  I've never sold a gun.  Lol.  

My Scorpion looks like this because this is where I bought it:

https://i.postimg.cc/85phvsXb/Screenshot-20220726-203528-Chrome.jpg
View Quote

Replying to my own post. :)
Did some more research.  

I'm considering the B&T GHM9-K now, despite the price.  Need to handle one in person first.

Seems to offer most of the APC9, but for less money?  The reciprocating charging handle appears to be the only notable difference.  Looks more compact and less weight as well.  

B&T mag lower or Glock lower?  I don't own a Glock anymore.  

Appears they feed HP ammo which the originals did not, nor do any Stribogs or many others.  HP feeding reliability seems to be a common PCC issue not many people talk about as I guess most are just range toys.  Wouldn't be acceptable at all in a handgun.  

Although blowback, they have a hydraulic buffer.  

The K has a short barrel, but the overall length isn't very compact with a lot of gun behind the grip.  Looks odd to me.  

The B&T telescoping brace adapters are $580! .. if you can find one.  The tailhook butt would add another $160 ... if you can find one.  Are these even going to be legal next year? That's $740+ just for a brace!  Wtf.  Turns a $1600 gun into $2340+.  Maybe I'm not considering it anymore. :/  

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Extar is probably the best value, but in a land of homely guns, the Extar is truly pitiful.

View Quote

The Gen2 Extar doesn't look so bad anymore UNTIL you get to the extra long proprietary buffer tube and ice climbing pick looking brace.  No collapable brace option you can retrofit I'm aware of.  Ruins the entire gun for me.  Otherwise people seem to really like them for the price moreso than any other "AR9".  Probably looks and feels cheap in person, but I've never seen one off the internets.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Suppressed - full auto - 9mm Sterling L34A1 Mk5

I do own a Sterling L2A3 conversion into semi auto carbine...but the collapsible butt stock is a con. If I had the wampum, I'd buy the full auto suppressed - about $10,000 - $15,000 range.

WARNING!!! - Danger of OOB's occurring if a Sterling 34 round magazine is used in a STEN submachinegun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgeWYGh3S_E
View Quote

The Sterling is one of my faves.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Recover Tactical brace with whatever pistol you prefer.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#26]
as long as it doesn't take glock mags
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shame on you all...  

do you not have a dremel?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#29]
The b&t light/handguard combo works with at least some suppressors. It isn't as good as the sf one, but it still aint bad
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Stribog Gen3 - roller-locked goodness for less.
As cool as MP-5 clones are, you’ll end up sinking more than $2k on it (customizing…)
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#31]
mpx copperhead or K
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Ruger PCC
stainless, take down, threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone suggested an MP5 clone yet?

Otherwise may I suggest...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 2:13:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Stribog Gen3 - roller-locked goodness for less.
As cool as MP-5 clones are, you’ll end up sinking more than $2k on it (customizing…)
View Quote

No. On both.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Replying to my own post. :)
Did some more research.  

I'm considering the B&T GHM9-K now, despite the price.  Need to handle one in person first.

Seems to offer most of the APC9, but for less money?  The reciprocating charging handle appears to be the only notable difference.  Looks more compact and less weight as well.  

B&T mag lower or Glock lower?  I don't own a Glock anymore.  

Appears they feed HP ammo which the originals did not, nor do any Stribogs or many others.  HP feeding reliability seems to be a common PCC issue not many people talk about as I guess most are just range toys.  Wouldn't be acceptable at all in a handgun.  

Although blowback, they have a hydraulic buffer.  

The K has a short barrel, but the overall length isn't very compact with a lot of gun behind the grip.  Looks odd to me.  

The B&T telescoping brace adapters are $580! .. if you can find one.  The tailhook butt would add another $160 ... if you can find one.  Are these even going to be legal next year? That's $740+ just for a brace!  Wtf.  Turns a $1600 gun into $2340+.  Maybe I'm not considering it anymore. :/  

https://i.postimg.cc/Gm8Vnb2t/c02abdd39239184d090ebe4791a64969.jpg

View Quote

B&T is never the answer if you are trying to keep it reasonably priced. But they rock.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The Gen2 Extar doesn't look so bad anymore UNTIL you get to the extra long proprietary buffer tube and ice climbing pick looking brace.  No collapable brace option you can retrofit I'm aware of.  Ruins the entire gun for me.  Otherwise people seem to really like them for the price moreso than any other "AR9".  Probably looks and feels cheap in person, but I've never seen one off the internets.  

https://i.postimg.cc/15twttDm/Product-Shot-R.jpg

View Quote

I own one of these and love it.  That said, it has some good points and some bad points.

Good:
- cheap (less than $500 to my FFL)
- Light
- Takes Glock Mags
- Easy take down and cleaning
- common thread pitch for brakes/suppressors
- Easy to shoot
- charging handle is not reciprocating
- Easy to mount optics/sights

Bad:
- Inserting a full mag with the bolt closed may cause malfunctions or damage; they recommend inserting a full mag on an open bolt or downloading your mag by one on a closed bolt
- Proprietary buffer tube
- Some parts are not AR standard in the lower

Mine has been upgraded with BUIS, a Bushmaster red dot, and an AFG.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top