Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is how the government confiscates your wealth.

Don't forget, in the lens of history collapse looks like it happens fast (years in most cases). Doesn't feel as fast when you are living it in real time.
View Quote

its a tax that isn't explicitly a tax.  frogs about to boil in a pot.  agree with everything you say. its almost like people don't think history repeats itself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You didn't actually think that gov't could just spend all of that money on all of those hand outs along with paying for the vaccine for every American and countless foreigners without repercussions did you?

Let's not forget about the rent payments that the gov't suspended.  Eventually, gov't will have to pay landlords back too!
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Money runs in cycles. The government does it's best to fuck it up faster though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone is getting their money for nothing, and their checks for free.

Just like in the song.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Free everything for illegal aliens.
View Quote

I'm going to take all their free shit!
Did you people forget when the price of fuel went up, everything else was going to rise with it?
Plus the Covid excuse, and the fools running our government don't help matters either.
But Orange Man was bad, so now we have to suck it up!
Keep America beautiful, bash a democrat!
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hyperinflation?
View Quote

I think more so the excuse to raise prices across the board that hyperinflation gives than hyperinflation itself, what we are really seeing is legitimized price gouging.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hyperinflation?
View Quote

That and, lessee...

Year and a half of the interruption the true wealth creation source, small business, and then cranking out "fuck you, I'm sitting on my ass" money by the train load.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's hilarious how people were against "the FSA" until all of a sudden they could join the the FSA.  And after an epic gorging of the FSA at the old money trough, people are suddenly surprised at inflation.

Oh well.  If this seems bad, wait for a year or two down the road.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD: "Yay!!! Stimmy Checks!!! What gun should I buy?"

Also GD: "Why is everything so expensive all of a sudden?"

It's hilarious how people were against "the FSA" until all of a sudden they could join the the FSA.  And after an epic gorging of the FSA at the old money trough, people are suddenly surprised at inflation.

Oh well.  If this seems bad, wait for a year or two down the road.

We used our stimulus money to hedge against rising energy costs. We now no longer have to rely on electricity or gas for heat - FSA checks paid for our new wood stove inserts, plus, we get a sizeable refund next tax season. Big gov was trying to make us more reliant on them, but we'll have to thank them for allowing us more independence.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Seriously?

Not trying to sound stupid nor troll.

Why is everything so expensive? Houses are going for more than asking price.  Prices on new and used vehicles are skyrocketing. Food is going up. Fuel is going up.

I understand the cost of living normally rises a little each year, but wth is going on?
View Quote
Elections have consequences.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hyperinflation?
View Quote

Presently we have high inflation. We haven't reached hyper-inflation yet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I would guess it's because the people who hate America are in charge.

Don't expect anything good to happen.

But, Orange Man bad.

Hope all that didn't vote for Orange Man get what they voted for.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A good rule of thumb in economics is that anytime there’s excess supply in anything, it’s value goes down.

Printer goes brrrrrrrrr like an A-10 = excess supply of money.

Then the shit printed money buys: there is less of it. Because, Democrats.

It’s a recipe for disaster
View Quote

It's all part of the plan.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seriously?

Why is everything so expensive? Houses are going for more than asking price.  Prices on new and used vehicles are skyrocketing. Food is going up. Fuel is going up.

I understand the cost of living normally rises a little each year, but wth is going on?
View Quote

The cause is Joe " the commie" Xiden.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is ignorant to blame this on Biden's election. This was set in motion most recently by the pandemic helicopter money as others have stated. Trump was giving out money too. Honestly though, it goes back to a corrupt central bank.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even if Trump was still president, this would all still be happening. MAYBE oil would cheaper still.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Cause feds pumped trillions into an economy that was hot.

States shut or slowed down production of products in private factories.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Even if Trump was still president, this would all still be happening. MAYBE oil would cheaper still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it, some elements maybe but not on this scale.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Jeeze, in that pic that retard looks like Phil Hartman playing that retard.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a small bag of mini Payday candy bars. Last time I bought them the price was $2.99. Today the price was over $5. I was shocked.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I doubt it, some elements maybe but not on this scale.
View Quote

Every federal spending program was already in place when Biden took over. Trump wanted a fatty infrastructure plan too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Seriously?

View Quote

Have you been living under a rock?
No one wants to work anymore, we have to pay everyone $20/ hr to work. COVID/regulations disrupted shipping, warehouses, and Manufacturing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#23]
The liquor store raised the price of my favorite beer from $10.99 for a 12 pack of bottles to $16.99

Its still $18.99 for a 24 pack of cans but I like the taste from the bottle better and I liked collecting the bottle caps
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Housing was already pretty crazy in 2019 - just gotten even crazier, thanks in part to even lower mortgage rates.

Cars have been hit by supply issues - both insufficient used inventory as well as supply chain issues hampering new production.

While gas is up lately, we're still well behind the prices we had roughly a decade ago. We're still below $3/gal here, while prices in the same area were around $4/gal back in 2012.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Housing was already pretty crazy in 2019 - just gotten even crazier, thanks in part to even lower mortgage rates.

Cars have been hit by supply issues - both insufficient used inventory as well as supply chain issues hampering new production.

While gas is up lately, we're still well behind the prices we had roughly a decade ago. We're still below $3/gal here, while prices in the same area were around $4/gal back in 2012.
View Quote

you're MGTOW.

you got this.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It’s a pincer of supply shortage and demand.  Free money is the extra dick in the ass.
View Quote

Nailed it. You, sir, are a wordsmith.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Poors thread.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought we were buying at the height of the market a little under two years ago. Boy was I wrong.

This is sustainable right?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I thought we were buying at the height of the market a little under two years ago. Boy was I wrong.

This is sustainable right?
https://i.imgur.com/7IzN5vB.png
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Monetary_Theory
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not understanding how some of you are making it sound like this is a recent thing or because of the money handed out during Covid.

Prices have been steadily increasing for years. Just look at a "family size" box of cereal a few years ago compared to a decade ago. Corporations have been shrinking products and charging more for as long as I can remember.

There has been a steady price increase for a long time. Yes, Covid has disrupted a lot of supply chains but the only idea that everything is more expensive because they gov handed out some money this past year is ridiculous. Even if no money was handed out, we would still see a price increase for many products simply due to the pandemic and nothing else.

But besides lumber and household goods, my life hasn't changed that much. I just bought a screaming laptop for $500. I helped a friend order a set of tires a few weeks ago that were exactly the same price she paid 3 years ago.  My girlfriend will spend $200 at clothing companies like H&M, Shein, Zara, Uniqlo, etc.. and end up with 5 pairs of pants and like 10 tops. My cell phone can do 10X the amount my last one can do I'm paying less for it.

The most I'm affected by is used car prices and rent. But can you blame that on the FSA types or just simple capitalism? If I'm paying $1800 for rent on my one bedroom (my current rent) and my apartment complex with 500 units is stil 95%+ occupied, then it's obviously a price consumers are willing to pay. It sucks but that's life.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#31]
fpni. u cant print 30% of the entire usd m2 that last year or so and not expect shit to rise. covid is a convienient cover and excuse to do so and hasten our down fall.

u best start believing in communist economies bc ur in one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As it turns out, trillions of dollars of Government - helicopter, Monopoly money has consequences…

Who knew?
View Quote

inflation is a thing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It is ignorant to blame this on Biden's election. This was set in motion most recently by the pandemic helicopter money as others have stated. Trump was giving out money too. Honestly though, it goes back to a corrupt central bank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Very insightful. I wanted to say "stupid" but thought better of myself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

god i hope so.

will i finally be able to afford a house after the economic collapse and civil war?
View Quote

I checked your question with Magic 8 Ball.  8 Ball says you’ll be dead bro.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I checked your question with Magic 8 Ball.  8 Ball says you'll be dead bro.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Have you priced a new Ruger GP100 lately?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Supply vs demand. Also money machine go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttt
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Because our money is becoming more worthless.

A $1 biil now only has a value of 5 cents as compared to when they first started printing them.

The more debt we owe, the lower the value of the dollar goes.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I like posting this.

Debt Clock

Feels free to note things like;

The Debt to GDP ratio

Official vs Actual unemployed

Not in Labor Force

And debt per tax payer

ETA: Oh....and our trade debt to......Chyna
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I bought a small bag of mini Payday candy bars. Last time I bought them the price was $2.99. Today the price was over $5. I was shocked.
View Quote

Don't think of it as inflation.  Ben Franklin just got demoted to Alexander Hamilton. Its biden's way of fighting the white male patriarchy that founded this country.

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#42]
You think money grows on trees?

Where do you think all those valuable X's and 0's come from?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We haven't seen anything yet in that regard..
View Quote
Agreed.  Honestly this is just the beginning of a longer trend.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#44]
The value of money , or paper 'dollars', which aren't dollars at all is rapidly dropping.

Federal Reserve Tokens is the most accurate description, since they aren't "Notes" in the any sense.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Buckle up sunshine. It will get worse before it gets horrible.
View Quote

And then it's going to get downright ugly.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#46]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Blackrock-and-housing/5-2460361/?page=1
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Seriously?

View Quote

Well I hate to tell you but you did in fact end up sounding stupid.

Go look up how much of the USD in circulation were created in the last couple of years.   It's going to get much, much worse.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don't forget, in the lens of history collapse looks like it happens fast (years in most cases). Doesn't feel as fast when you are living it in real time.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Invest in durable assets that will hold value.

Spend it before they can devalue it is the only way to keep up or possibly get ahead.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Invest in durable assets that will hold value.

Spend it before they can devalue it is the only way to keep up or possibly get ahead.
View Quote
Buying things on fixed rate credit is not a horrible plan either, assuming you have some certainty as to your future income.  

The more inflation that happens, within reason, the more debt you acquired before it, the better.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top