Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Cities kill your souls, dead things vote democrat.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The vagina.   Final answer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF is with the newest trend of threads with a title followed by “discuss”?

View Quote

The subforum is literally titled:  "General Discussion," and you're asking why people post for us to "discuss?"  

I think this post is silly.  I could be wrong. Discuss...
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liberal = collectivist

Living in a city requires a more collective lifestyle, since you are always in close proximity with tons of other people. It also breeds mistrust of other people because you are always in relatively close proximity to people who may do you harm and you hear about their misdeeds all the time.

Individualist = people like us, middle America, ect. You are the master of your little "kingdom" amongst other independent "kingdoms". You are used to taking care of your own problems rather than relying on municipal services to resolve them for you. You assume people are generally good unless proven otherwise since you don't experience or see very much crime happening around your home.

In other words, urban life naturally favors Collectivism as a survival strategy.
View Quote

This to a T.

And, i find that the more urban an area, the more racist it is too.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't. *shrugs*
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve always looked it as the city provides too much.

Around here you’ll have things like the following that are provided by the city that are not provided elsewhere.

Trash service
Water service
Sewer service
Public transportation
Yard waste removal
Ect.

People have the mentality that the city should provide everything that they need and they are willing to pay higher taxes because of it.

Whereas in rural areas very few of these service are provided and if they are they are coops
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
It's the smug.  It exudes off of city dwellers and will turn you tarded if you inhale it long enough.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
People are just like grasshoppers. With a low population density they are individualistic. When a certain level of overpopulation is reached, they become locusts.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top