Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol  go around back. go in home.. ignore that crap.
View Quote

Got to jail for obstruction. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always consider 'the blaze' one step up from WND.

Anyway.. IN.

This.

TS, please stop smoking the Purple Kush... It does weird things to you.

Smoking the what?

How would you know what it does?

Well, I'm constantly instructed that the only way to speak authoritatively on a subject is to have done it yourself.

Don't force me to start making conclusions about you based on that.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's too ironic, someone is shitting in her fruit loops and laughing about it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Authorities have yet to charge Banda with a crime, and her next custody hearing is set to take place on April 20.[/span]

Hmm.. She is separated from her husband. Wanna bet he wants the kid and for the kid to be away from marijuana mom?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
So now actually getting a warrant makes GD angry?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL

The only bad guys you've ever encountered work for the government?

You must live a sheltered, awesome life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
War on drugs wins again.

We should ban alcohol as well, while we're at it.  That will surely work.

People need to feel safe.  So it's okay for them to do this.  

It's strange, but I'm getting to the point where the only "bad guys" I fear work for government.  In over 4 decades of life, the only gang members, crooks, and criminals I've EVER had to deal with work for the government.  They're the only people who've ever used the threat of violence to steal my money.  They're the only people who use coercion to make me obey them.  

I guess that's why I don't like stories like these.  

LOL

The only bad guys you've ever encountered work for the government?

You must live a sheltered, awesome life.

I can understand police running into "bad guys", also combat soldiers.  But it kinda goes with those job description.   They actually go looking for them, catch them and concentrate them in these things called jails.  

But unless you're a LEO, or live in a poor community, or a slum, how are you running into all these "bad guys"?   How many encounters have you actually had?

No, I haven't lived a "sheltered" life, I've lived all over the country, and I've traveled extensively.   I've met all kinds of people, and never had one of them try to steal anything from me, or harm me in any way.   Lucky?  I don't think so, none of my family, nor friends have had problems either.  (oh, wait, I did have a college roommate have a radio stolen out of his car...so there you go).  Watching television or reading the news makes it seem like it's happening a lot.   But the truth is criminal victimization is down roughly 70-75% since 1970 or so.  

I've really not had a life threatening experience with "government" employees either.  But that's because I pay them their "protection money".   They get a percentage of everything I buy in retail stores, they take a little bit on my various utility bills, they get a share of my successes with capital gains and they take huge chunks of my income.   All total, the damage comes to 10's of thousands of dollars each and every year.  AND if I don't pay them off, they will eventually send enforcers with guns that will take my life, freedom, or property.  

How much money have "bad guys" stolen from you?   If it adds up to the amounts that government has taken from me, I suggest it isn't that I live a "sheltered life" it's that you live in a very shitty location.   You might need to move.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

the gofundme for her (link in the original article) has her side

On March 24, cannabis oil activist Shona Banda‘s life was flipped upside-down after her son was taken from her by the State of Kansas. The ordeal started when police and counselors at her 11-year-old son’s school conducted a drug education class. Her son, who had previously lived in Colorado for a period of time, disagreed with some of the anti-pot points that were being made by school officials. "My son says different things like my ‘Mom calls it cannabis and not marijuana.’ He let them know how educated he was on the facts,” said Banda in an exclusive interview with BenSwann.com. Banda successfully treated her own Crohn’s disease with cannabis oil.

After her son spoke out about medical marijuana, police detained him and launched a raid on Shona Banda’s home. "Well, they had that drug education class at school that was just conducted by the counselors… They pulled my son out of school at about 1:40 in the afternoon and interrogated him. Police showed up at my house at 3… I let them know that they weren’t allowed in my home without a warrant… I didn’t believe you could get a warrant off of something a child says in school.” Banda continued, "We waited from 3 o’clock until 6 o’clock. They got a warrant at 6 o’clock at night and executed a warrant into my home. My husband and I are separated, and neither parent was contacted by authorities before [our son] was taken and questioned.”

"They subsequently conducted a raid and then called me when the raid was over letting me know that there was a list of items they took on my kitchen table, I was allowed to go home, and [an officer] gave me his word I would not be arrested in person or at work and that charges would be given to me in a postcard in the mail. I have not been charged with anything at this point, but I have a hard time believing that it’s OK for them to interrogate my child without parental consent for hours,” said Banda. A report by The Human Solution International notes that officers found 2 ounces of cannabis and an ounce of cannabis oil during the raid.

Banda then described the actions that the State of Kansas began to take in an effort to take her son from her, "On the 24th, he was taken into custody. That was on a Tuesday. He was taken out of town Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday we had a temporary hearing… and temporary custody was granted to my ex. Now the only reason why temporary custody was granted to my ex is because the judge said something to the effect that the amount of cannabis found in my home was going to possibly be felony charges and it was pointless letting the child return home to his mother.” She believes that the state is trying to take her son away and said, "The state is trying to deem it to where [Shona's ex-husband] is not fit and I’m not fit and they’re trying to take custody of our child.”

"For him to have spoken up in class I can’t be upset about because he hears me daily on the phone talking with people, encouraging people to speak up and speak out. We did have the talk about how it’s not OK to bring this up in Kansas, because it’s a different state [than Colorado]. It’s very confusing for a child,” said Banda, noting how difficult it can be for children to understand how something could be considered legal medicine in one state and contraband in another.

Authorities have yet to charge Banda with a crime, and her next custody hearing is set to take place on April 20.

View Quote

If those facts are true the search should be thrown out as unconstitutional.  Evidence of a political position is not evidence of a crime.  This is a violation of both the First and Fourth Amendments.  No search, no cannabis oil, no felony.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

She had contraband. If she did not I bet she would still have her kid.
View Quote

That's what they said about Randy Weaver, too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So now actually getting a warrant makes GD angry?
View Quote

Constitutionalists... some pretend to be.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
How is political speech probable cause for a warrant?  One would think gun lovers would be opposed to such things.  "Oh, so you want the NFA repealed?  Well I guess I'd better raid your home to look for those contraband machine guns."

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How is political speech probable cause for a warrant?  One would think gun lovers would be opposed to such things.  "Oh, so you want the NFA repealed?  Well I guess I'd better raid your home to look for those contraband machine guns."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, so you have information on exactly what the kid said in school?  Please share that with us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Will someone think about the children?
Thankfully this child was taken from his family and can now be raised by strangers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Will someone think about the children?
Thankfully this child was taken from his family and can now be raised by strangers.
View Quote

Soon he will be placed on medication for the trauma.  His life is basically over.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Son, with the thousands and thousands of laws on the books we've all got contraband of some sort.  They just haven't come looking for yours yet.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Son, with the thousands and thousands of laws on the books we've all got contraband of some sort.  They just haven't come looking for yours yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't.
View Quote

Yet, give it time.

When they came for the pot smokers I said nothing because I wasn't a pot smoker....
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.

Pardon me, but you can't even know that.  With our innumerable Byzantine laws it is no longer possible for a citizen to reasonably know he isn't breaking one of them.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pardon me, but you can't even know that.  With our innumerable Byzantine laws it is no longer possible for a citizen to reasonably know he isn't breaking one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.

Sure it is.  Most of those "you commit 87 felonies a day" claims are based on knowingly doing something.  This idea that we're all constantly breaking the law is based on simple fear mongering.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Anyway.. IN.
View Quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/04/17/state-seizes-11-year-old-arrests-his-mother-after-he-defends-medical-marijuana-during-a-school-presentation/
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.

Tell me, are you 100% sure you've paid your taxes correctly?  I'm not asking whether you intended to pay everything that you owe. I'm sure you made a good faith effort to pay your taxes.  But have you seen the U.S. Tax Code?  In 2013 it was 73,954 pages long.  Are you sure you haven't violated something in all those pages of code?  You may well have contraband cash in your possession.

I submit that we have reached the point were our laws are so numerous and intrude into almost every aspect of our lives that it is now practically impossible to say that you haven't violated something.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#24]
OMG TWO OUNCES OF CANNABIS OIL

Thank Gawd the cops saved us from the impending doom and rescued that poor child from an obviously-abusive home!
I mean, they even taught him  it was ok to express a politically incorrect opinion IN PUBLIC.

I've read that her Facebook page was shut down because she was raising money for legal defense, but I don't have a reliable source for that.
Her GoFundMe Page has met and exceeded her original goal of $15k.

Chalk up another glorious victory in the War on Poverty Terrorism Illegal-Immigration Drugs!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ah, so you have information on exactly what the kid said in school?  Please share that with us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have no information other than the kid expressed his views on politics.  If you have other information, please share it with us.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Police getting a warrant based on solely the statements of a minor is pure loco.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

These things.  Sand People ride them single file to hide their numbers.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/5/58/Bantha.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060608194801
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Banda?

These things.  Sand People ride them single file to hide their numbers.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/5/58/Bantha.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060608194801

nerd fail. Your homework is to watch episode three and your punishment is to watch episode one. Get to it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Authorities have yet to charge Banda with a crime, and her next custody hearing is set to take place on April 20.

Purely coincidental i'm sure.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

She should have stayed in CO.

View Quote

this

If I were a pot smoker, the only states I'd live in would be ones with either medical or recreational mj.    Why move to a state where you can catch a felony for doing something completely legal in your current state?  

She was probably high when she decided to move.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like your beef should be with the lawyers / judges.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I figured since I sent the pizza joint some cash, I'd do the same for this lady.

She's gonna need a lot more than what is in that gofundme though.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#33]
She should have stayed in CO.  Liberals, SMH.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Anyway.. IN.
View Quote

I always consider Troubl3shooter threads a step down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why?

As long as drugs are against the law in the state and the mother keeps illegal drugs in her home and her minor is advocating using illegal drugs in school.

You have not got a fucking prayer or a leg to stand on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the story is true, the mother needs get a mean as hell lawyer to tear the school system, child protection services and police dept who responded new assholes and sue for good amount money too!

Why?

As long as drugs are against the law in the state and the mother keeps illegal drugs in her home and her minor is advocating using illegal drugs in school.

You have not got a fucking prayer or a leg to stand on.

Hopefully you will have jury members who are not as stupid as the people who made that idiotic law or the people who willingly enforce it.  Oh, does it say he was advocating using illegal drugs or the legalization of certain drugs?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#36]
is the justification for the warrant subject to a FOIA request?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

is the justification for the warrant subject to a FOIA request?
View Quote

That is a really good question.

I can see it now: "Because little Timmy said so!"

But on the other hand, the teachers had to report.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway.. IN.

Now there's the validation I've been waiting for.

And welcome to the party.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://syndicjournal.us/wp-content/uploads/Rev.-WEB-VOL-1-030.jpg

"The judge said y'all can't vote,now stop squirming!"
View Quote

Thankfully other lawyers overturned it, eh?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway.. IN.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
in for the shameless cop apologists to tell you its in the name of freedom, if they can remove the dick from their mouth for that long.
View Quote

While I was tempted to respond with a reference to you and farm animals, I resisted it. Just a thought, but what did sonny-boy SAY in school? Why isn't THAT being reported? Oh, and what the cops did is by-the-book legal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
TO PROTECT AND SERVE !!!

And everyone in the military is doing it for free...

For pay checks and pensions.......

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#45]
In for the rest of the story.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Police getting a warrant based on solely the statements of a minor is pure loco.  

View Quote

It sure is. That's why I'm betting there is much more to it that hasn't been released yet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yup  

Did you get bored and start arguing with yourself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://syndicjournal.us/wp-content/uploads/Rev.-WEB-VOL-1-030.jpg

"The judge said y'all can't vote,now stop squirming!"

Thankfully other lawyers overturned it, eh?
Yup  

Did you get bored and start arguing with yourself?

Only with flightless birds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In for the rest of the story.
View Quote

Because government officials surrounding and barring you from entering your private property isn't enough?

...so in your mind this might be okay.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_v._McArthur

Supreme Court upheld cops surrounding house while they got warrant for the pot inside

View Quote

Hey, will you knock off that fancy-pants lawyer stuff?    The Supreme Court don't know nothin' about the US Constitution.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The article says she is kind of loudmouth pothead, so the cops may have had more than the child's story. People post all kinds of dumb stuff on social media.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in for the shameless cop apologists to tell you its in the name of freedom, if they can remove the dick from their mouth for that long.

While I was tempted to respond with a reference to you and farm animals, I resisted it. Just a thought, but what did sonny-boy SAY in school? Why isn't THAT being reported? Oh, and what the cops did is by-the-book legal.
The article says she is kind of loudmouth pothead, so the cops may have had more than the child's story. People post all kinds of dumb stuff on social media.  

How many search warrant affidavits have you encountered that contained nothing but a child's testimony?

I'm expecting there to be more too.
Page / 6
Top Top