Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're not over reacting. Shop around for another maid. I suggest something along these lines.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24999/1-634097.JPG
View Quote
He's looking for maid service, not call girl service. Someone dressed and looking like that probably wouldn't have a clue about properly cleaning her own closet, much less some rich guy's mansion.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate thieves.  Druggie thieves are even worse.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Over reacting? No. However, I have to ask, do they really have "high end" maid services in Georgia??? Really? It's not like Georgia is the billionaire capitol of the US. I'm guessing that Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Jeff Bezos aren't you're neighbors? But, yes, I'd get rid of them. That's extremely unprofessional maid service behavior. Sounds like they were in the process of stealing, not cleaning. If this was a normal, middle class maid service then I'd give the service another chance to terminate these people and provide trustworthy maids. A high end service would have completed much more expensive and thorough back ground investigations than a regular service that the rest of society can afford.
View Quote
The median income in my area is 330k+.

So yeah. We have lots of high end shit here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
You take the good with the bad.

I had a black nanny/maid growing up whom I loved dearly.

She'd get drunk sometimes off my dad's booze and lock herself in the bathroom.

But she made the best fried chicken and some things are just plain worth it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The few people i know that use a maid service told me to just accept that things will be stolen.  WTF
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not over-reacting at all. However, if your wife needs maids to wear booties, you all are probably going to struggle with having people up in your house regardless. As others have said, if you try it again, find an individual with trusted references, not a service.
View Quote
Read it again. Op claims that he hired a "high end" maid service, which is hard to believe in Georgia, not a regular service. High end services would have conducted thorough back ground investigations. Not just a quick computer record search like most regular services would.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You take the good with the bad.

I had a black nanny/maid growing up whom I loved dearly.

She'd get drunk sometimes off my dad's booze and lock herself in the bathroom.

But she made the best fried chicken and some things are just plain worth it.
View Quote
If I could find a black maid who I could trust, and made fire ass fried chicken I'd hire her in a heartbeat.

Lesson learned. If we try this again we will be finding a sole proprietor who we can (hopefully) trust.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Read it again. Op claims that he hired a "high end" maid service, which is hard to believe in Georgia, not a regular service. High end services would have conducted thorough back ground investigations. Not just a quick computer record search like most regular services would.
View Quote
Supposedly they do go through extensive background checks, and regular drug testing, the car they drive has a GPS hidden that the employees don't know about.

Obviously doesn't mean shit though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd have them gone like a fart in the wind.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
What's your problem with Georgia? Damn. You sound like an uppity yank.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The median income in my area is 330k+.

So yeah. We have lots of high end shit here.
View Quote
I would have breached the room.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For the record, they don't actually clean the house...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're not over reacting. Shop around for another maid. I suggest something along these lines.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24999/1-634097.JPG
For the record, they don't actually clean the house...
guys are just hoping she'll clean their pipes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
High end maid service does not mean high end employees.  They probably don't make shit more than "regular" end maid service employees.  Owner pockets the difference.

Best bet for "trustablity" would be to find an owner operator type maid service.  There own ass would be on the line for any reputation mishaps.
View Quote
Real "high end"maid service's business reputation is their life blood and they don't want to lose their "high end" clientele. Rich people tend to talk to each other and if they started complaining about a "high end" service that was stealing form a single one of them, the business would start losing clients like they had the plague. The one's where the owner is pocketing the "difference" aren't high end to begin with. There's no way they'd stay in business very long, because the list of "high end" clients, unlike middle class customers, is a very short list.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just wondering if I'm overreacting or not.
View Quote
You are underreacting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What's your problem with Georgia? Damn. You sound like an uppity yank.
View Quote
There are no nice things south of the mason dixon line, and everyone lives in a single wide trailer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Not overreacting!  There's a lot of shady people in the world, and they pull the wool over your eyes in order to get what they want.

I approach this differently.

I have only hired recovered drug addicts to clean my house.  I know what they are, they know that I know, and they know I have cameras.  And that if anything ever comes up, the cops will head to them first.  I know quite a few people recovering and next to tree services, house cleaning is the next most common job they do to stay back on their feet.

Nothing has ever been stolen.  Place is cleaned very well, they go above and beyond.  They just may not be the most punctual people, but they work hard, and take too many smoke breaks.

A couple of months ago I had the downstairs doors and walls cleaned, everything dusted, baseboards scrubbed, carpets vacuumed and steam cleaned for $200.  Two people, about 5 hours, and about half of what other maid services offer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"little booties"
View Quote
Pics of maids with little booties?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Supposedly they do go through extensive background checks, and regular drug testing, the car they drive has a GPS hidden that the employees don't know about.

Obviously doesn't mean shit though.
View Quote
Supposedly would be the key word here.  It would be very difficult to find quality people to do a job like that for what I assume it pays.  Company might have started off with high standards but it wouldn't be long and staffing would get difficult and compromises would have to be made.

Sure I bet they fired the fuck out of those two after you complained.  But the replacements likely won't be any better.  Probably better money to be made on black market meds than there is in cleaning houses.  I bet 87% of people wouldn't even notice a few missing pills.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"little booties"
View Quote
She's hot, she lets be buy whatever gun shit I want, and she's easy to be around.

I look past the few neurotic traits she has. Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You are not overreacting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Supposedly would be the key word here.  It would be very difficult to find quality people to do a job like that for what I assume it pays.  Company might have started off with high standards but it wouldn't be long and staffing would get difficult and compromises would have to be made.

Sure I bet they fired the fuck out of those two after you complained.  But the replacements likely won't be any better.  Probably better money to be made on black market meds than there is in cleaning houses.  I bet 87% of people wouldn't even notice a few missing pills.
View Quote
I don't dount anything you're saying.

And we most likely wouldn't notice either. Some of these meds haven't been touched for years and we weren't keeping a count on them. If they snuck a few xanax or lortabs there's no way we could know.

The concerta bottle was out, right by one of their phones. I think they were googling the drug name (it was generic) to find out what it was and if it had any value to them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't let strangers roam around my house.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#24]
hold up... you make people wear "booties" - LOL, GD never disappoints
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. "People" take their shoes off.

The maids didn't remove their shoes, so they got little booties for painters to go over their shoes.

I honestly couldn't care less what anyone thinks of that. If you want people to be wearing shoes that track in piss and shit and whatever else from other people's homes into YOUR home, go right ahead.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, you learned a valuable lesson, and luckily, it wasn't too painful.

This, is why you do things yourself, in your own home.   If you invite members of the underclass into your home, you should expect to get robbed, or worse.

Unfortunately, we don't live in Victorian England.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't think you over-reacted.

What you need to do as many have suggested is get a maid that is her own business and not from a service. This is what my family members do and have done for years. They have all sorts of expensive shit laying around and never had a problem. It's a good idea to interview them at your place first.

With that said, I could never trust a maid at my own house for a few reasons. I don't fully trust them, I clean better than them myself, I think people are gross and don't want them around my toothbrush or pillow, I have scary ass dogs, and PERSEC.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#28]
When my dad got in his 80's and had to live with me, towards the end we had to hire nurse aides to come in a help with him.

I bet I fired 4 before I got someone that wasn't pulling some kind of crap like that.

Dad's meds would go missing, stupid stuff like inhalers and antibiotics.  Who steals that?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You've already figured it out.

"They were rummaging through our drawers looking for meds to steal"
View Quote
They would be at gun point at that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So my wife and I hired a high end maid service. Very costly, supposedly very professional.

They showed up today (the first day) and started cleaning in the master bath. As we were told they would do. My wife wanted them to wear little booties on their shoes in the house since our daughter plays on the floor. About 10 minutes after they got here, my wife went up to take them the booties.

When she got up there, they were in the master bath with the door shut and LOCKED. She said she had to wait at least 1 minute for them to open the door. She said that one of them acted like she was using the bathroom and even asked the other for toilet paper. The only thing is, there WAS toilet paper in the room with the toilet - and the room with the toilet has its own door independent of the master bath area. Why would she be asking for TP, why would the main door be shut and locked?

When they finally opened the door my wife saw one of her bottles of medicine on the counter. A bottle of Concerta that was inside a drawer 10 minutes ago. I think they were rummaging through our drawers looking for meds to steal and forgot to put that one away while they were scrambling. They aren't supposed to clean in the drawers, period. Why the fuck was the medicine on the counter?

I've already called the maid service, I want them out. Just wondering if I'm overreacting or not.
View Quote
yeah, kick them the fuck out, dude. Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#34]
they were looking to steal shit
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#35]
GD validates your behavior.

They would have been gone from my house and the maid service would hav received an earful.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You're not over reacting. I'd have them gone right now!
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
She was probably sticking the jewels your toothbrush in her butt you havent noticed missing yet
View Quote
FTFY
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]
GTFO
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd have reacted even more strongly; you're definitely in the right.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#40]
You better do an inventory and find out what they've carried off.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Lol,
You have the means to hire "High end maids"
But don't know if you are overreacting?

Maybe spend some of that money and look up common sense.

No wonder my father said common sense should be a super power. Not many have it.

- knock off the personal attacks -
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lol. Clean your own fucking house. How lazy are you
View Quote
Go be poor elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The maids didn't remove their shoes, so they got little booties for painters to go over their shoes.

I honestly couldn't care less what anyone thinks of that. If you want people to be wearing shoes that track in piss and shit and whatever else from other people's homes into YOUR home, go right ahead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like how GD can pick the dumbest shit to jump on.

Do do you, OP. I like your style.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Pics of maids not loading.
View Quote
If they're like the ones I see at the professional maid service near my work, they'd be overwhelmingly found guilty in the court of GD. That and I wouldn't want them in my house unsupervised based on their unkempt appearance.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#45]
FPNI.

Out the door they go!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Put some pants on and tell them to GTFO.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#47]
you did not overreact.

Ask around to who your friends and family use, do not use a service. That's how we found ours and she has been excellent.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lol,
You have the means to hire "High end maids"
But don't know if you are overreacting?

Maybe spend some of that money and look up common sense.

No wonder my father said common sense should be a super power. Not many have it.

- knock off the personal attacks -
View Quote
Man, that is an incredible power you have. You completely evaluated my intelligence and common sense from one situation!

You're right man. You have WAY more common sense than me, I'm just a retarded bumpkin basically. You should cash in on that skill of yours.

Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So my wife and I hired a high end maid service. Very costly, supposedly very professional.

They showed up today (the first day) and started cleaning in the master bath. As we were told they would do. My wife wanted them to wear little booties on their shoes in the house since our daughter plays on the floor. About 10 minutes after they got here, my wife went up to take them the booties.

When she got up there, they were in the master bath with the door shut and LOCKED. She said she had to wait at least 1 minute for them to open the door. She said that one of them acted like she was using the bathroom and even asked the other for toilet paper. The only thing is, there WAS toilet paper in the room with the toilet - and the room with the toilet has its own door independent of the master bath area. Why would she be asking for TP, why would the main door be shut and locked?

When they finally opened the door my wife saw one of her bottles of medicine on the counter. A bottle of Concerta that was inside a drawer 10 minutes ago. I think they were rummaging through our drawers looking for meds to steal and forgot to put that one away while they were scrambling. They aren't supposed to clean in the drawers, period. Why the fuck was the medicine on the counter?

I've already called the maid service, I want them out. Just wondering if I'm overreacting or not.
View Quote

Are they undocumented immigrants?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Nope, I’d want them out at that point and would call the cleaning company ASAP. We have a couple that clean out house that have been doing so for 15years. Word of mouth is a good way to find someone that you can trust, cleaning companies with revolving crews are a no-go.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top