Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most LEOs are also civilians.  The US hasn't militarized a national police force.  Yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Civilians don't have National Reciprocity because they didn't get off their collective asses and push for it when it lost by two votes, twice.

It rests squarely on them, no one else.

At the time, 800K LE, over 50M+ civilian gun owners.

Most LEOs are also civilians.  The US hasn't militarized a national police force.  Yet.

I'm sure he's using it as the vast majority of people understand it and how it's actually defined.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
1.  When LEOs are out of their jurisdiction, they're civilians.

2.  So why can't we all carry?  I thought it was in the 2A.

2.  I disagree with the assumption that LEOs are more qualified to handle firearms.

3.  The "gateway to nationwide CCW" argument doesn't win me over.  I'm opposed to nationwide CCW.  I do not concede that congress has authority to infringe on my constitutionally recognized right to carry.  If you concede they have such authority; you won't like how they tweak it in the future.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
HR218 will never go away and there will never be nationwide reciprocity for CCW.
View Quote

Rules for thee and not for me is unamerican.  

There already is a nationwide CCW law.  It’s called the 2A, the question is do you have the balls to use it?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I believe that the poster believes that women voters disagree with him on certain issues and that it would therefore be better if they had no voice in government.
View Quote

You would be incorrect as I'm not a voter and don't have anyone to disagree with on issues. Having a voice in Government should require a commitment to the Republic rather than a privilege granted to every fuck trophy shat out CONUS. Does that clear it up or would you prefer to make another assumption w/o quoting me?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unbelievable how many cop haters are on this board. I did twenty years as a Fed LEO and now I carry under LEOSA. I went through plenty of firearms training in my career and that is more than sufficient to carry concealed now. You people need to get over your hatred/jealousy and move onto bitching about something else for a change. Good lord enough is enough. ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you be for a repeal of HR 218?  The law that allows current and retired LEOs to carry nationwide.

I never agreed with that law. It falls under the category of rules for thee but not for me. When it became law in 2004 some LEOs said that it would help get nationwide concealed carry. That has not happened yet.

I don't think local/state LEOs should have a special power to carry a firearm outside of their AO.  If they want to carry then get a CCW permit and follow the rules like everyone else.

I kind of understand allowing LEOs to carry nationwide, but do not agree with the law.  I don't agree with allowing retired LEOs to carry nationwide.  So they retired from an agency....congratulations you a now the same as everyone else.  That person doesn't have anymore special police powers.

All I am asking for is equality under the law.

What are your thoughts?

Unbelievable how many cop haters are on this board. I did twenty years as a Fed LEO and now I carry under LEOSA. I went through plenty of firearms training in my career and that is more than sufficient to carry concealed now. You people need to get over your hatred/jealousy and move onto bitching about something else for a change. Good lord enough is enough. ??

Your story bores me.  Wake me when I can carry in NY, DC, and LA like you can.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Screw all that, there is either a Constitution or there isn't.  Right now it seems to be there isn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rand or Massie slipping military, honorably discharged, and retired veterans getting LEOSA into something would be a big start that might get the ball rolling. Hell of a lot more troops and vets than cops. Firefighters next, it's important to start with public servants to get the average person on board. Then they'll start asking 'why can't I carry across the country I pay taxes for?'.
Screw all that, there is either a Constitution or there isn't.  Right now it seems to be there isn't.

I say that only as incrementalism. The left didn't get everything they wanted in one move.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Trust me, nobody is "jealous."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, nobody is "jealous."

Some people must have been, or they wouldn't have spent money to get "false" qualifications open to the privilege few in New Meixco.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Would you be for a repeal of HR 218?  The law that allows current and retired LEOs to carry nationwide.

I never agreed with that law. It falls under the category of rules for thee but not for me. When it became law in 2004 some LEOs said that it would help get nationwide concealed carry. That has not happened yet.

I don't think local/state LEOs should have a special power to carry a firearm outside of their AO.  If they want to carry then get a CCW permit and follow the rules like everyone else.

I kind of understand allowing LEOs to carry nationwide, but do not agree with the law.  I don't agree with allowing retired LEOs to carry nationwide.  So they retired from an agency....congratulations you a now the same as everyone else.  That person doesn't have anymore special police powers.

What are your thoughts?
View Quote

Yes, laws for everyone- not groups and classes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some departments did that as a way to limit their liability if a cop got into an off duty shooting out side of their city limits.

Certain departments have some of the most goofy policies that have nothing to do with case law or state law.

ETA: One department only allows an officer to qualify with two pistols in any given year.

Mine required me to qual with every pistol I own. Even if I had no intentions to carry it on duty. Along with some other departments.

Lots of officers got CCW permits to avoid these issues for off duty carry or out of state carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A buddy of mine I worked with had to get his ccw when he became a cop to carry in other cities off duty.

I always thought cops didn't need a ccw permit.

Some departments did that as a way to limit their liability if a cop got into an off duty shooting out side of their city limits.

Certain departments have some of the most goofy policies that have nothing to do with case law or state law.

ETA: One department only allows an officer to qualify with two pistols in any given year.

Mine required me to qual with every pistol I own. Even if I had no intentions to carry it on duty. Along with some other departments.

Lots of officers got CCW permits to avoid these issues for off duty carry or out of state carry.

How long did that take you?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've always been of the opinion that police, local, state, and fed should have to comply with all firearms laws the same as anyone else.

If they're to be allowed use or access to anything "special" like SBR, SMG, FA, etc. Whatever legal mechanism allows it should be available to anyone. If there's a training requirement, then I should, as a law abiding citizen, be able to do the same training and have the same access.

Same goes for national CCW reciprocity.

View Quote

This. Ban state cops with rifles should only be allowed to carry these with 10 round mags, unless the people can get un-neutered guns. No exceptions for their SWAT operators.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

Why do you care about cop haters?  

You were a fed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

LOL
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Some people must have been, or they wouldn't have spent money to get "false" qualifications open to the privilege few in New Meixco.
View Quote

That wasn’t done out of jealousy.  It was an expediency to get around unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#15]
lol
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This. Ban state cops with rifles should only be allowed to carry these with 10 round mags, unless the people can get un-neutered guns. No exceptions for their SWAT operators.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314050/E8239CEC-F858-45E0-98D1-2FD5A9206A77_jpe-1977445.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always been of the opinion that police, local, state, and fed should have to comply with all firearms laws the same as anyone else.

If they're to be allowed use or access to anything "special" like SBR, SMG, FA, etc. Whatever legal mechanism allows it should be available to anyone. If there's a training requirement, then I should, as a law abiding citizen, be able to do the same training and have the same access.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314050/E8239CEC-F858-45E0-98D1-2FD5A9206A77_jpe-1977445.JPG

I agree. It was funny to hear Groot in Chicago bitching about guns from Indiana then have her block surrounded by cops with pistols and AR's.

Fuck that, she can have a rotating 2 man detail of almost retired Sergeants (read-tired and don't care) that share 1 revolver.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That wasn’t done out of jealousy.  It was an expediency to get around unconstitutional laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think they were talking about unconstitutional laws at the time. Just finding a method to benefit themselves.

Like a company owner putting his wife's name on the business for preference on government contracts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think they were talking about unconstitutional laws at the time. Just finding a method to benefit themselves.

Like a company owner putting his wife's name on the business for preference on government contracts.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oh boy. Someone’s special feathers got ruffled. How dare anyone think people should be treated equally!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

Oh boy. Someone’s special feathers got ruffled. How dare anyone think people should be treated equally!

If you dorks spent as much time fighting for nationwide CCW as you do crying about police on the internet, it would be a thing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't see how taking guns away from off duty or retired LEOs is better for anyone? As a leo, I support similar legislation for everyone, even if it came with the same requirements (training, experience and qualifications). I would really love there to be more armed citizens in MD, but it clearly isn't a priority for the people or they wouldn't give super majorities in both houses to gun grabbers. Thank god the feds carved out something to get some armed civilians out into the populous of these blue states.  

Its not like leo is an exclusive club (especially now), anyone with a pulse can have a badge.  I'm literally sticking around for an extra 18mo to reach the 10 yr requirement for "retired".  OP, you too can enjoy all the dental plan and leosa privilege's of this sweet fucking job if you want.

ETA. its always funny LEOs are the only job were a significant portion of the 2A community gets butthurt about perks. the perk of most of your jobs (for non leos) is probably better pay, better hours, less stress, less scumbags, less trama, less divorce, longer life expectancy, etc.  That wont apply to everyone, but if my dental plan, speeding warnings, and cool concealed carry privilege's are too much for you to handle, come on down and it can all be yours.
View Quote

That’s what it boils down to - the dorks of the gun world hate police more than they want to get national reciprocity.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Repealing the 19th Amendment would contribute more to healing the Nation than telling fat former LEO's they aren't special.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#22]
The bell curve of stupid cops probably mimics the general population and there’s no reason LEOSA should apply to some and not all.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you’d break a dictionary out you’d see that I was agreeing with you on the first point.

And the second is done all over the federal contracting business.  You reward something and you get more of it.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We should ask Mark LaRue about that one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I do not favor HR218 being repealed. Hell, most folks can get a permit in one or two states with reciprocity and carry in a lot of different states already. I favor a nationwide carry law for all eligible non criminal citizens. Everyone should have the right to carry as long as they are not a criminal.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you’d break a dictionary out you’d see that I was agreeing with you on the first point.

And the second is done all over the federal contracting business.  You reward something and you get more of it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post made it seem like they were doing it as a noble cause.

If that wasn't the case,  then I am mistaken.

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There should be no exceptions to laws.

Want to ban 50 cal?  Military and police lose them, too.

Want to ban full auto?  Hollywood exemption evaporates, also.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were doing it to get around the unconstitutional rules.  I don't believe for a second that it was any attempt for a greater cause.

Not that the same person can't be doing the good work to, just unrelated to their pay to play badge.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would favor the second amendment actually being honored rather than crumbs of it being given out as privileges when the government chooses.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would not favor a repeal.

Fewer armed people is a solution to nothing.

Hey, quit being rational

I would favor the second amendment actually being honored rather than crumbs of it being given out as privileges when the government chooses.  

Keep dreaming. That ship sailed and is never coming back.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Of course it should be repealed.  If I don't need it they don't either.  If they do, then I do.  Simple.  Win or lose together on this one imo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Of course it should be repealed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you saying that you had no say inthecareer path you took? Some higher authority TOLD you that you had to be a cop, with the shitty hours, the high divorce rate, dealing with scum and all the other shortcomings you pointed out? Another special one!
I never met the "job appointing man". I chose my career and pursued it. Yeah, it has it's own shortcomings but I wont point them out to you. Why?...because I chose the path and am not looking for sympathy or whatever it is you are lookingfor.
View Quote

I'm not advocating for the removal of any of your benefits, you are.  I saying I would actually prefer you had the same benefits, but thats not up to me. I'm saying there is a clear path for you to have the same job benefits as me, you chose not to take it, and your solution is to take mine away as if it will improve your situation.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

Haven't you heard of all the retired fed agents getting whacked at their family reunion in DC?  

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never going to happen. Instead of whining about the police being exempt from these laws - because they always will - why don’t you instead work to get the various AWBs repealed?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, it should be repealed........and replaced with National Constitutional Carry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
HR218 will never go away and there will never be nationwide reciprocity for CCW.
View Quote

Depends on what they could use passing one for.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]
yes, and FUCK SOTs and FFLs too.  I mean, why should they have the ability to do things under the law that I can't? Just because they have made different choices than me and I haven't helped to move the needle on any 2A advocacy (short of bitching about cops on this forum) doesn't mean I'm not entitled to everything I feel I am entitled. Ban all FFLs so no one can get new guns, that way we are all equal.

as far as I am concerned, as a cop, national CCW reciprocity and the purge are in full effect.  lots of new bullshit is coming down the line from the atf, we will all be faced with real choices with real world and legal consequences soon.  Meanwhile people in here are ADVOCATING FOR MORE GUN CONTROL AGAINST THEIR FELLOW CITIZENS.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#39]
No, it should stay, but the definition of who qualifies should be expanded.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Instead of whining about fellow gun owners current accommodations under the law, how about working toward national constitutional carry for everyone?

Infighting and whining about what other can lawfully do accomplishes nothing.

I am in favor of expanding gun owner rights and never infringing upon them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Instead of whining about fellow gun owners current accommodations under the law, how about working toward national constitutional carry for everyone?

Infighting and whining about what other can lawfully do accomplishes nothing.

I am in favor of expanding gun owner rights and never infringing upon them.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The military won't let most soldiers touch a handgun outside of training to start with, I doubt they would be on board with it.
View Quote

It does depend... I had more hands on training with firearms - including handguns - than the majority of LEO’s. We were even sent to several civilian-led training programs in addition the select military ‘shooter schools’.  We also had mandatory range time monthly.  Free ammo is free ammo, so range time was always taken advantage of.  We were also armed whenever we had aircraft weapons installed or when a team was onboard.  Granted, this does not imply all (or most) military guys had this level of training, but some do.  I know times have changed in the mil, but I’ve got as much trust in a mil ‘blanket authority’ as I do in a LEO ‘blanket authority’.  Now if we could just get a Joe Citizen ‘blanket authority’.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What was the majority reasoning?
View Quote

In a nutshell, gun owners are about as firmly united as warm jello.  I distinctly remember one idiot on here opposing national carry unless it also allowed switchblades.  

Let the recent fight for Texas CC be an example.  You know what one of the biggest stumbling blocks was?  LTC instructors not wanting to lose their gravy train.

Every representative I  talked to knew the police opposition was faked by liberal cities and the mad moms were widely considered nutcases. But the instructors, now THAT was somebody they listened to.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'd pay for some fly over state small town reserve badge if it let me carry wherever I wanted-well actually it's probably not worth it to me but I can't fault someone else for trying.
View Quote

And probably not carry on the night of one the worst active shooter events in US history and find an on duty cop to tell that he needs to give you a gun.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm not advocating for the removal of any of your benefits, you are.  I saying I would actually prefer you had the same benefits, but thats not up to me. I'm saying there is a clear path for you to have the same job benefits as me, you chose not to take it, and your solution is to take mine away as if it will improve your situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying that you had no say inthecareer path you took? Some higher authority TOLD you that you had to be a cop, with the shitty hours, the high divorce rate, dealing with scum and all the other shortcomings you pointed out? Another special one!
I never met the "job appointing man". I chose my career and pursued it. Yeah, it has it's own shortcomings but I wont point them out to you. Why?...because I chose the path and am not looking for sympathy or whatever it is you are lookingfor.

I wasnt even commenting on the topic being discussed, your privledge tocarry after you retire. I was commenting on your statements regarding how shitty your career was. Not all, but almost every cop I know whines about how terrible their jobs are, and then everyone else is supposed to feel for them. Why is that? If you were looking for a career that all of we pins would bow down to you all I can say is, you messed up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They were doing it to get around the unconstitutional rules.  I don't believe for a second that it was any attempt for a greater cause.

Not that the same person can't be doing the good work to, just unrelated to their pay to play badge.
View Quote

It was pay to fucking play.

98 cops for a city of 435 people.  

The even had a non profit police officers association, "Lake Arthur Police Reserve Officers Association".  

They took in $39,200.  

They had $38,249 in assets and 0 liabilities

https://www.open990.org/org/813427114/lake-arthur-police-reserve-officers-association/

Here's an excerpt of PI's report on a subject doing business with the former "chief":

"JOSEPH TRAVERS INVESTIGATION REPORT59or displaying a badge for any purpose. Mr. Carrington had no prior law enforcement experience or training.  Although there was a $400.00 fee to get a CCW, the payment was directed to the “Lake Arthur Police Reserve Officers Association,” a non-profit organization doing business in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Although the program was ineffect since 2005, the first 990 filing occurred sometime in 2018 because the bookkeeper claimed to be unable to file the return at any time due to Hurricane Irma45.

Travers CCW History

It was reported that Mr. Travers wanted NCIC/SIA staff to go to Lake Arthur to obtain their CCW’s as reserve police officers. This scam was known to violate California laws. Mr. Travers was the owner of a firearms training facility and knew the rules regarding concealed carry. Mr. Travers was also an advocate for CCW with state legislators and he had direct knowledge of the ramifications of PI’s having a CCW permit. Mr. Travers actively participated in CCW issues with CALI starting in 2014.

Although the records identified only two NCIC/SIA staff as reserve police officers, it was stated by two witnesses that Mr. Travers wanted his staff to get the permits.

Mr. Norwood is now a “partner” in Mr. Travers’businesses, Strategic Ops Security and Investigative Services, LP (PPO and PI). Mr. Norwood was not a California resident as of June 1, 2019.

The use of the fake Lake Arthur badges resulted in one reserve officer attempting to take a weapon from a Las Vegas police officer in 2018, using his Lake Arthur credentials. The owner of the permit was a self-admitted cocaine addict when he was carrying a weapon and displaying a police badge. Another reserve had a weapon and badge in Oregon when he was arrested after firing the gun while drinking.

Under California law, New Mexico does not have reciprocity with California to allow holders of a New Mexico CCW to operate in California. This is publicly available information. CCW’s are not part of the reciprocity program that would allow an out of state CCW."

http://cdrpi.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Travers-Final-Report.revised.10.4.19.pdf

As a cop, I'm going to have to say, fuck the Lake Arthur "Police".
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I wasnt even commenting on the topic being discussed, your privledge tocarry after you retire. I was commenting on your statements regarding how shitty your career was. Not all, but almost every cop I know whines about how terrible their jobs are, and then everyone else is supposed to feel for them. Why is that? If you were looking for a career that all of we pins would bow down to you all I can say is, you messed up.
View Quote

I wasn't whining for sympathy.  Every job has pluses and minuses, like those in the OP everyone seems to think is an affront to their rights.  Policework has a ton of minuses, and mast of them has been amplified or added in the last 4 years which is kind of a raw deal considering its a complete departure from what we signed up for.  If you think there are any jobs were you "pins" have to bow down to, that's your inferiority complex and not my issue.  I just wanted to get bad people off the streets for the betterment of society.  Now, I want to hide until I reach LEOSA retirement and grow my non-leo related business in peace.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP still big mad he can’t fuck with nuclear weapon convoys.

View Quote

When did i ever say anything like that?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Absolutely.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top