BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When boomers spent years being insufferable dicks to younger generations, was that slightly adjusted class warfare, too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He kind of sounds like a communist dickhead.

It's complete class warfare slightly adjusted for generations.

Boomertardianism is taken directly from the various black nationalist movements primarily Black Lives Matter. They'll be demanding reparations soon.

When boomers spent years being insufferable dicks to younger generations, was that slightly adjusted class warfare, too?

All of them? How is someone an "insufferable prick"? Is that like "institutional racism" and "white supremacy"?
How much loot do you demand for reparations?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Gotta love how "Boomers" get blamed for every single thing Beta males and women voters accomplished.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's not wrong for the most part. Boomers embraced globalization, offshoring, hyper-consumerism, dual income households, abortions, ridiculous hiring qualifications, mass immigration to lower the cost of labor, the mentality that everyone should go to college, etc. Now, at the end of their lives, they've embraced welfare and ponzi schemes. As a whole, they made decisions that benefited them at the expense of all future generations. This should go without saying, but this doesn't apply to every single boomer. I'm not saying that you personally ruined America. However, when viewed on a generational level, the above assessment is accurate.

I would disagree with the assessment that the so-called "greatest generation" is worthy of that title, though. They voted for FDR numerous times, and once they got into government, they made truly horrendous decisions. My personal perspective is that every single generation since the Civil War has contributed to the decline of America, to varying degrees. What rubs people the wrong way about boomers is that they act as though they're god's gift to the world, refuse to acknowledge that disastrous shit happened and continues to happen under their watch, and believe that every generation after them is a bunch of pussies who don't hold a candle to the hardship they endured.

Gotta love how "Boomers" get blamed for every single thing Beta males and women voters accomplished.

The males and females your generation raised.

The females your generation married.

>send kids to college to study anything they want
>are surprised when their kids become leftoids due to college
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm trying to imagine being such a self absorbed arrogant douchebag that I can dismiss someone calling me out for my behavior by saying exactly the kinds of things they just called me out for saying.

I can't do it. Maybe I just have to work harder at it, or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a few months ago, he was railing on the Gen whatevers. I guess he's an equal opportunity complainer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm trying to imagine being such a self absorbed arrogant douchebag that I can dismiss someone calling me out for my behavior by saying exactly the kinds of things they just called me out for saying.

I can't do it. Maybe I just have to work harder at it, or whatever.
View Quote

Become an NPC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

And the cherry on top is that they're too narcissistic and solipsistic to admit any faults. While arglebargling about personal responsibility, accountability etc.

Truly the dindu generation.
View Quote

And yet, here you are blaming them for all YOUR failings.
Funny how that works.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know why some people can't come to terms with the fact that through much of living memory America has been in an anomalous period of unheard of prosperity. A second industrial revolution and walking away unscathed from two world wars tends to do that. Now we're on the back side and have slowly been reverting toward the mean since about 1975.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Never heard of her.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it the natural order of things for the crafty type youtubers to go off the deep end on camera?

Granted, I don't like most of them anyway, but what was the welder guy that went full 88'er out of nowhere. Everyone here liked the guy and he he dove head first right into nuking himself.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Funny how that works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

And the cherry on top is that they're too narcissistic and solipsistic to admit any faults. While arglebargling about personal responsibility, accountability etc.

Truly the dindu generation.

Funny how that works.

How have I blamed them for my failings?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Why is she wearing two watches?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Funny how that works.
View Quote

This is called deflection. This isn't about him or the guy in the video or about me. This is about an observable pattern of objectively shitty behavior.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@beitodesstrafe
@JLPettimoreIII
@The_Master_Shake
@TheWhitePill
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@RhodesianSon
@BigBurkeyBoy
@brasscrossedrifles

IBTL

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View Quote

With out powers combined!
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The males and females your generation raised.

The females your generation married.

>send kids to college to study anything they want
>are surprised when their kids become leftoids due to college
View Quote

Let me clarify. It's not their upbringing or core values that got us here. It was their ability to bring those things to the forefront via the ballot box.

America was a vastly different place before the 19th Amendment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe the reason they didn't leave any land is because no one lives down on the farm anymore. They al moved to California in the 60's through the late 70's and fucked it all up and fortunately are now moving back home.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is it the natural order of things for the crafty type youtubers to go off the deep end on camera?

Granted, I don't like most of them anyway, but what was the welder guy that went full 88'er out of nowhere. Everyone here liked the guy and he he dove head first right into nuking himself.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/ChuckE2009-on-YouTube----What-happened-to-his-channel-/5-2295284/
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Our biggest problem is that for every bad example you listed above, the "boomers" will never admit any of it was bad.
View Quote

Everything listed on the buzzword bingo card is bad.

Now tell my why every single person born between 1945 and 1965 is personally responsible for causing it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#20]
All of these Boomer/Millennial/GenX/Gen Whstever threads all go the same way:  

using some valid discussion points, but then inflating  everything as if each generation is some sort of monolithic entity, making unanimous decisions on economics that either make the entire generation either the “villain” or the “victim”.

It’s pointless.

And if you’re in the camp as this guy Wranglestar, it kind of makes you look like a whiny bitch.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maybe the reason they didn't leave any land is because no one lives down on the farm anymore. They al moved to California in the 60's through the late 70's and fucked it all up and fortunately are now moving back home.
View Quote

It doesn't have to be land, that was just a historical example. It could be a house, a family business, a CNC machine, or insert any other modern equivalent.

Of course you probably understand that already. I don't think this post or any of the other posts in this thread that demonstrate a lack of interest in self reflection are made in good faith. I really don't at all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't know why some people can't come to terms with the fact that through much of living memory America has been in an anomalous period of unheard of prosperity. A second industrial revolution and walking away unscathed from two world wars tends to do that. Now we're on the back side and have slowly been reverting toward the mean since about 1975.
View Quote

Because they like to complain?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#23]
@ramairthree

let's do this!
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

By blaming it all on boomers rather than talking responsibility and accountability for your own life?
The blame game gets old, and really the biggest fault of the boomers was raising a generation of entitled milquetoast that would rather kick, cry and blame everyone else for not “giving” them the easy life.
And they in turn have raised the generation that embraces antifa, blm, and the whole woke culture.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Inb4 some thinskinned beta soyboy Millennial gets this thread locked.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Boomers’ fault.
View Quote

To me it's not that I blame the boomers. It's really just the cognitive dissonance that goes along with it.

Live through one of the most prosperous times in the history of the world thanks to the actions of your fathers. . . . Tell the younger generation they have entitlement mentality and that they should quit eating avocado toast to afford a million dollar 1970'a rambler in a working class neighborhood

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Lol, I’ve met the guy years ago IRL

He worked for the Forest Service for less than a month as a basically less than part-time on call firefighter employee, Yet has made this series and personality of “HOW ELITE FOREST SERVICE HOTSHOTS” do stupid homesteading tasks we don’t do like a group of 20 fit college dropouts digging in the dirt are really 1870’s little house on the prairie dorks.  

Or HOW THE FOREST SERVICE RUINED MY FIRE CAREER whining, like dude stop letting an idiotic agency live rent free In your head man because you wanted to play tactical timmy with a GoPro in the para-militaristic organization of Wildland firefighting for the views on your channel.

He was in his defense very quiet and friendly in my interactions with him but he basically tripped himself up with the overhead leadership by asking to film anything and everything at work for his channel.

But criticizing his 99% boomer fan base is either hilariously stupid or seriously based, can’t decide
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@beitodesstrafe
@JLPettimoreIII
@The_Master_Shake
@TheWhitePill
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@RhodesianSon
@BigBurkeyBoy
@brasscrossedrifles

IBTL

Earth, wind, legal immigration, fire, our founding fathers, water, heart.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#30]
He's got some nice property with an amazing view. Built a business, at the expense of family privacy and beholden to YouTube. It's all about the clicks anymore.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who?

I don't know him.
View Quote

x87
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You didn’t, funny how that works.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Never heard of this guy.

The early baby boom did get to ride the crest of American prosperity as the US came out of WWII as an economic superpower.

I'd say the current generation has a better chance of making money young than my generation of the tail end of the baby boom (we really had more in common with Gen X and are sometimes placed in it).  When i went into the work force we were told to wait our turn and not complain if older co-workers doing the same job made twice as much as we did.

View Quote

I was told this many times and I Dont have kids so I didn’t need as much as the other guy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

By blaming it all on boomers rather than talking responsibility and accountability for your own life?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where did he do that? I don't think he did. I think you literally just made that up.

The blame game gets old, and really the biggest fault of the boomers was raising a generation of entitled milquetoast that would rather kick, cry and blame everyone else for not “giving” them the easy life.
And they in turn have raised the generation that embraces antifa, blm, and the whole woke culture.

Not really. Its actually my generation that does all those things. The next generation is polarized. Some of them are turbo millennials, but a significant minority of them are itching to make "and then one day, for no reason at all..." happen again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#35]
No footwear, not even socks. But to each their own.
10 Tips To Get Your Shop Ready For Winter
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where have I done this?

Your post is literally the memes about your generation.

Attachment Attached File

Your generation is fucking pathetic, and all this arrogance is a cope to try and distract yourselves from guilt your generation's fragile egos can't handle.

Cope. And. Seethe.

Oh I agree about your points about many of the younger generations - the fact they want to live soft materialistic lives of constant consumerism (as a coping mechanism for being soulless and living in a soulless cargo-cult of a society), is absolutely fucking pathetic. Imagine wanting to live like the Boomer generation, lmao.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you remember when boomers managed to get the phrase “boomers” banned nearly everywhere because it hurts their fee fees so bad?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#38]
We will all work until we die if you are Gen X or below.  Later Boomers will probably have to do this too.  This is the result of generations of poor decisions by leadership, and demographics.  

Everything will be more expensive, and difficult when compared to the previous 60 years. It's just life.  Only one thing we can count on, and that is an ever more authoritarian government, with eroding  natural rights. People naturally become more fearful in old age.  No doubt that the Boomers will vote for, and usher in some truly authoritarian bullshit in old age.  50% have zero savings for retirement.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It doesn't have to be land, that was just a historical example. It could be a house, a family business, a CNC machine, or insert any other modern equivalent.

Of course you probably understand that already. I don't think this post or any of the other posts in this thread that demonstrate a lack of interest in self reflection are made in good faith. I really don't at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth be told, I understood Wranglerstar's sentiment. I've watched him for years. He has traditional Christian values, men are men, women women.
I took his editorial as the problem is a departure from traditional family values, not necessarily an attack on Boomers. I posted earlier that I'm pretty sure he roasted millenials or whatever came after Boomers. Theres some truth to what he says. Fathers should definitely teach their sons on how to be a Man and do Manly things and raise their sons to be hard working and responsible adults. They aren't. They buckled to the "I just want to be friends with my kids" BS mantra that is prevalent today. He even addressed this in an earlier video. Him and his son get along great but there is no mistake, hes not "friends" with Jack, his son, he's his father.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Do you remember when boomers managed to get the phrase “boomers” banned nearly everywhere because it hurts their fee fees so bad?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They couldn't reach their bootstraps....or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

iT's LiKe tHe GaMeR wOrD!

I have come the opinion that their use of snowflake, soyboy etc. is subconcious projection to some degree or another.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Seems like some people need to blame others for their lot in life . I can think of numerous groups who do . Face it , life isn’t fair . The sooner you understand that , the sooner you can better yourself , instead of being a crybaby bitch .
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Where have I done this?

Your generation is fucking pathetic, and all this arrogance is a cope to try and distract yourselves from guilt your generation's fragile egos can't handle.

Cope. And. Seethe.

Oh I agree about your points about many of the younger generations - the fact they want to live soft materialistic lives of constant consumerism (as a coping mechanism for being soulless and living in a soulless cargo-cult of a society), is absolutely fucking pathetic. Imagine wanting to live like the Boomer generation, lmao.
View Quote

Cope and seethe?
Naw, you seem to be the one having an issue with the reality that no one owes you anything.
And you must want to live like us boomers, after all your whole premise is anger by not being handed down everything from us.
Pretty pathetic that you rage because we’re not dying fast enough and leaving you our life’s work.

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m about sick of boomers, too

Most are boring, grumpy and angry and shuffle around with a frown. They must fear their face might break if they smiled!

Entitled, whining babies and they make up the majority of the fudd population, too

Fuc$’em

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

I have come the opinion that their use of snowflake, soyboy etc. is subconcious projection to some degree or another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a guy in a reddit sub last week lose his shit at me and go off topic big time, it was crazy.

We were talking about the proper way to prep a sub grade under concrete, I didn't agree with his methods, and used government specs on current plans that I am bidding to back up my opinion.

That turned into "You kids are soft as cotton" and "The old man I worked for would beat you with a shovel"....all because I told him to switch to decaf.

They bitch and bitch about people being "triggered" and end up getting so emotionally wrapped up in anyone questioning them about anything that they throw a tantrum like a child.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Cope and seethe?
Naw, you seem to be the one having an issue with the reality that no one owes you anything.
And you must want to live like us boomers, after all your whole premise is anger by not being handed down everything from us.
Pretty pathetic that you rage because we’re not dying fast enough and leaving you our life’s work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where have I done this?

Cope. And. Seethe.

Cope and seethe?

Very galaxybrained analysis.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

To me it's not that I blame the boomers. It's really just the cognitive dissonance that goes along with it.

Live through one of the most prosperous times in the history of the world thanks to the actions of your fathers. . . . Tell the younger generation they have entitlement mentality and that they should quit eating avocado toast to afford a million dollar 1970'a rambler in a working class neighborhood

View Quote
if those goddamn entitled millennials just went back to landlines we could afford $750k stahtah homes from 1950 in a shitty neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I had a guy in a reddit sub last week lose his shit at me and go off topic big time, it was crazy.

We were talking about the proper way to prep a sub grade under concrete, I didn't agree with his methods, and used government specs on current plans that I am bidding to back up my opinion.

That turned into "You kids are soft as cotton" and "The old man I worked for would beat you with a shovel"....all because I told him to switch to decaf.

They bitch and bitch about people being "triggered" and end up getting so emotionally wrapped up in anyone questioning them about anything that they throw a tantrum like a child.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Truly behavior rooted in confidence, maturity, strength, etc., right?
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#49]
wait a second..

Isn't he a boomer ?

He has to be either a boomer or a early GenX. He definitely isn't young by any definition.

The only boomers that seem to have way more money than makes sense is teachers. I've moved a couple times in town and the house next to me always seems to be owned by a retired female teacher as a second home. No idea where they get the $$.

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Truth be told, I understood Wranglerstar's sentiment. I've watched him for years. He has traditional Christian values, men are men, women women.
I took his editorial as the problem is a departure from traditional family values, not necessarily an attack on Boomers. I posted earlier that I'm pretty sure he roasted millenials or whatever came after Boomers. Theres some truth to what he says. Fathers should definitely teach their sons on how to be a Man and do Manly things and raise their sons to be hard working and responsible adults. They aren't. They buckled to the "I just want to be friends with my kids" BS mantra that is prevalent today. He even addressed this in an earlier video. Him and his son get along great but there is no mistake, hes not "friends" with Jack, his son, he's his father.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ApacheScout

I wonder how people ITT who are melting down didn't bother watching the video?

Just got offended at the thread title.

Demonstrates the power of headlines.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top