BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You conclude that subsonic 300 blk is worthless because it didn't penetrate IIIa bulletproof glass?

Impressidasting.
View Quote
Nope, it's worthless for a lot of other reasons. You just skipped/missed the point like all the other 300blk fanboys. Well done.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You do know that there are a number of manufacturers who offer expanding subs right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sectional density... Makes the 300 black out better than .45 acp
At what?  Creating ice pick wounds?

You do know that there are a number of manufacturers who offer expanding subs right?
Yes and they almost all suck
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Penetration
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ones that don't suck... are they worthless too?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Penetration
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Penetration
Lol that I can agree with!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I miss where you tested the Lehigh expanding subs?

Or Outlaw's subs?

Or the Noveske/Nosler subs?

Or Fat_McNasty's subs?

Or the few other mfg's expanding subs?

Or where you countered garyd's extensive experience hunting with homemade cast expanding subsonic bullets? (he has contributed more than anyone I know when it comes to sub hunting, etc. w/the 300, and has posted his lengthy findings here and on 300blktalk)

Not to be an ass, but you if you're here to argue that (without much or any) way to back it up, you are out of your element and should probably listen to the guys that know what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Or Outlaw's subs?

Or Fat_McNasty's subs?

Or where you countered garyd's experience hunting with homemade cast expanding subsonic bullets?

Not to be an ass, but you if you're here to argue that (without much or any) way to back it up, you are out of your element and should probably listen to the guys that know what they're talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or Outlaw's subs?

Or Fat_McNasty's subs?

Or where you countered garyd's experience hunting with homemade cast expanding subsonic bullets?

I'm supposed to test a bunch of homemade bullets from people on a forum that don't advertise them for sale?  Wtf are you talking about? I think fatty specifically said in this thread he's not selling bullets.

People always say "well I killed a deer/hog so it's a GREAT round". That doesn't mean it's a great round. Lots of things can kill a deer.

Subsonic rifle rounds simply don't have enough realistic applications. Most of the 300blk fans don't even acknowledge that a subsonic 300blk IS a rifle round and you want me to "step aside and let adults talk" lmfao.  Go right ahead, don't let me interrupt your circle jerk.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Did I say to test garyd's bullets?

Did I STOP you from asking him or Fat for some of their bullets to test out?

Did you test the other mfg's bullets?  Have you hunted with them and actually used them in real world testing?

Go ahead, get pissy.

I call on you to put your money where your mouth is and your reaction is to get all huffy puffy that you may actually not know what you seem to be professing that you know.

"Yes and they almost all suck"

So is that your real-world data driven conclusion or is it just your opinion?

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
So in your extensive testing of expanding .30s in subsonic blk loads, which ones would you say sucked the least?

You did say almost all of them sucked.  So which ones sucked the worst and which ones didn't suck at all?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Did you test the other mfg's bullets?  Have you hunted with them and actually used them in real world testing?

Go ahead, get pissy.

I call on you to put your money where your mouth is and your reaction is to get all huffy puffy that you may actually not know what you seem to be professing that you know.

View Quote
It's a fact that the majority of commercially available subsonic 300blk bullets are shit for hunting.

If you want to talk about something made in someone's basement that isn't for sale go right ahead. But that doesn't make it a good option you know, for everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Here you go

https://www.lehighbullets.com/

http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/589568/noveske-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-220-grain-ballistic-glow-tip-subsonic-box-of-20
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Look, I knew what I was getting into when I built up a 300.

I wasn't expecting a 22lr quiet gun that could shoot 500yds with subs.

What I did get was a very versatile little round that uses standard mags and can easily go from light to medium weight supers to heavy subs with a mag change.

Something that while it may not be "the best" in any one particular thing, it is "the best" in its versatility and capabilities.

BTW- took my 300 out to the range this last week end and after rezeroing @ 200m (put on a new rail), I was making fast repetitive hits with relative ease all the way out to 300m, with an 8" barreled gun.

Hell, a buddy and I met up too, we shot the thing out to 600y on steel plates as well, for shits and giggles.

Of course he had his uber-badass 6.5x47 precision gun, but even he was pleasantly surprised with it.

His wife probably has a bone to pick with me after he tells her that he's now going to build a suppressed 300 sbr.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's a fact that the majority of commercially available subsonic 300blk bullets are shit for hunting.

If you want to talk about something made in someone's basement that isn't for sale go right ahead. But that doesn't make it a good option you know, for everyone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ahead, get pissy.

Did I say that the majority of commercial subsonic rounds are GOOD for hunting?

Or that they're "adequate"?

No, I said nothing of the sort.

In fact, I advocate that if one does want to hunt with subsonic 300BLK, that they use a bullet of proper design. BTW- I do want to take my 300 whitetail hunting in MN, and if I do, I will be using expanding subs for the close range shots.  If I post up where my shots may be up to 200y, well then I'll bring some Blacktips for that job.

Is that to say that guys can't make clean kills with 220SMK's or 208Amax's?

Of course not and guys have already done it. I'm not their Daddy.  They're big boys and they can choose what they want.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In fact, I advocate that if one does want to hunt with subsonic 300BLK, that they use a bullet of proper design. BTW- I do want to take my 300 whitetail hunting in MN, and if I do, I will be using expanding subs for the close range shots.  If I post up where my shots may be up to 200y, well then I'll bring some Blacktips for that job.

Of course not and guys have already done it. I'm not their Daddy.  They're big boys and they can choose what they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ahead, get pissy.

You are wasting your time trying to reason with 10mm.  He is a very intelligent man, and does some cool stuff with backyard testing. but he feels the overwhelming urge to insult fans of the 300blk. Everything you and andy have posted has been pointed out to him before.  he ignores it so he can throw out another insult at people that like the 300blk for what it is.

you have to stroke his ego.  if you notice he continually points out that the subsonic 300blk is a "rifle" round.  when asked about other subsonic "rifle" rounds he beats around the bush and then comes back to throw an insult at 300 blk guys. he really dodges when asked if the 22lr is a rifle or pistol round. or if putting a 9mm in a carbine makes it a rifle round. or if taking a .308 and putting it into a TC contender pistol makes it a pistol round.  it makes him feel smarter or something, I don't know.  it is best to let him have his ego trip.  the reality of his snide insult means nothing in reality, but he feels smarter because he gets to throw out insults at people who happen to like a caliber he is not a complete fan of.

but since it makes him feel smarter and everything I will help him

300blk subsonics that do not expand are less then ideal for hunting.

300 blk is a rifle round( i only say this to help his ego, not sure where he gets his definitions from, but if it makes him feel smarter then the rest of us, I will help him)

now please 10mm go do some more testing of other things and post it.  I mostly find them entertaining.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Hell, before 300BLK hit the market, I was trying to get an AR-10 to cycle subs. I think I did everything but hook up a SCUBA Tank to the gas tube. Found the 300! Damn that was easy.

Now, If I had got the 10 to cycle, used a Remington 700, or a Handy Rifle, it's still the same bullet at the same speed. Period.

300BLK started out using available projectiles,  at speeds they were not designed to functopn at properly. So Lehigh, Outlaw Bullets, McNasty got to work on it. They've done a pretty good job in a fairly short time. And if I had gone the 700 route, they are the bullets I'd be trying out now, same as I'm doing with the 300BLK. And they would work exactly the same, at the same speed as they do in the AR. If they had a reason to develope them, the market wasn't there. But now it is.

6.8 guys brag about their rifles being better than 300BLK. Subs just need a differnt barrel, gas system, and a few oher things swapped to fire subs. Not just a magazine. And I see their point, because so many great sub sonic projectiles are available compared to .308. Wait, I don't think so. Or it would've taken off before they started saying it was better because.... well, because!

Look at 9mm now, compared to 1986, after Miami. A lot of work went into pistol projectile development since that day. Everyone benifited from it, 45ACP, 9mm, .357, .38 special... Wher do you think rifle bullets will be in 5 years, simply because of 300BLK research by people like McNasty? How about in 30 years?

Do you think that 5.56 NATO SBR may pick up a few improvements from 300BLK research? Seams like some of you complain the loss in velocity goes outside the ability of the bullet. I wonder how 300FATS technology would do in a .224?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You are wasting your time trying to reason with 10mm.  He is a very intelligent man, and does some cool stuff with backyard testing. but he feels the overwhelming urge to insult fans of the 300blk. Everything you and andy have posted has been pointed out to him before.  he ignores it so he can throw out another insult at people that like the 300blk for what it is.

you have to stroke his ego.  if you notice he continually points out that the subsonic 300blk is a "rifle" round.  when asked about other subsonic "rifle" rounds he beats around the bush and then comes back to throw an insult at 300 blk guys. he really dodges when asked if the 22lr is a rifle or pistol round. or if putting a 9mm in a carbine makes it a rifle round. or if taking a .308 and putting it into a TC contender pistol makes it a pistol round.  it makes him feel smarter or something, I don't know.  it is best to let him have his ego trip.  the reality of his snide insult means nothing in reality, but he feels smarter because he gets to throw out insults at people who happen to like a caliber he is not a complete fan of.

300 blk is a rifle round( i only say this to help his ego, not sure where he gets his definitions from, but if it makes him feel smarter then the rest of us, I will help him)

now please 10mm go do some more testing of other things and post it.  I mostly find them entertaining.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go ahead, get pissy.

Most of that post makes no sense to me, because I don't insult 300lk fans.  I just give my opinion on the usefulness/practicality of the subsonic version of the round and they take exception.  It's identical to AK fans, as soon as you say anything negative about the AK they immediately get upset and start talking about the downsides of an AR and take the conversation in a new direction.  I don't even talk smack about the supersonic 300blk, I personally don't care for the 7.62x39 but I understand why people want that performance in an AR without goofy mags.  

The reason I got replies in this thread was because I simply said "the best part about subsonic 300blk is not using it", are you suggesting that is a personal insult to 300blk fans?  If so then you guys need to lighten up, you mentioned several times in your post that I insulted 300blk fans when in reality I'm talking about MY opinion of the application.  If 300blk fans weren't so (evidently) sensitive they should just be saying "you might not have a use for it but I do, to each his own".  Except many 300blk fans seem incapable of that attitude.

What does the "R" in 22lr stand for?  I should hope that answers your question, although it should be obvious that rimfire and centerfire rounds are in different categories.  

9mm in a carbine is a pistol round in a carbine, what exactly are you trying to ask?

.308 in a pistol is a rifle round in a pistol, what exactly are you trying to ask?

Still not sure what there is to get upset over, if you like the quietness of a subsonic 300blk then go have fun with it.  And don't get offended by people who wouldn't trade off sound for ballistic performance.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...in reality I'm talking about MY opinion of the application...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ahead, get pissy.

...in reality I'm talking about MY opinion of the application...

I'm glad we cleared that up.

I don't wish to keep this thread derailed, so in closing on this sub-discussion, I will say that far too many people nowadays "feel" that their anecdotal opinions somehow supercedes real world data.

That mindset and "logic" shares much similarity to Anti's opinion on firearms, and that guns are to blame for "gun violence".

They could care less if real world data proves otherwise.

My Point?

I would expect a farmer or rancher to disregard my inexperienced opinion on how to farm/ranch, in light of their real world experience.

Basically, we should listen to the people who know what they're doing.

AO out... carry on Fat

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

AO out... carry on Fat

View Quote

test rounds sent out and I should have after pics soon..
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
yummy?
View Quote

Man Card Shredded!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AO out... carry on Fat

I'm liking the avatar and I look forward to seeing more of your work
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top