Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a Yeti for a while now, and love it.

Just got an RTIC and damned if I can tell the difference.

The accuracy of the ChiCom knock offs is getting impressive.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fits a Toyota Tundra too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
***WORD TO THE WISE

(yes, i have been drinking)

but my yeti 30oz does not fit in my 03 subaru wrx cup holder's snuggly. Kind of have to force them not and it's not recommended. Maybe subaru cup holders are small but just saying.

Not sure about other sizes and brands.

I have a 30oz and 20oz RTIC. I very rarely use the 30oz because it won't fit in most cup holders.

30oz fits in the Honda Accord.

Fits a Toyota Tundra too.

So it's a WRX thing.

Oh well, I'll buy a 20oz RTIC for my car.
Great addon to my aspiring collection.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the 30oz Rtic andmy gf the 20oz Yeti and I can tell you they are both great. The RTIC works just as well as the Yeti though. Put ice in the at night and it's still there in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a 20 ounce Yeti from Dick's. It's my guilty pleasure and I love the thing.  Kept my coffee warm sitting in my car this winter.

I want a beer cup and have been wondering if the Hydro Flask pints are as good as the Yeti... I have also been thinking about getting the $175 RTIC cooler instead of a bear barrel for my BWCA fishing trip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Got one of the 20 Oz Yeti's and purchased one for my brother. I was sold on the performance of mine, the construction and such.

His wife stole his but he soon purchased another for himself, due to the impressive performance hot and cold.

Just got my Rtic order today, ordered 6 of the 10oz mugs with the spill proof lids. Also got a 30 Oz size cause I love to drink coffee at the firehouse. I'm certain I'm gonna love the Rtic products.

Now I'm searching for the stainless straws, thanks to the ARFCOM peer pressure.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]

The contigo protein shakers are the best Ive used
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Filled my Yeti with ice water this morning and it still has a little bit of ice in it almost 13 hours later with no lid.

I'm sold

ETA, you guys are actually receiving your RTIC stuff? I was sure it was vaporware.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Yeti 20oz are going for about $30 (shipped) on eBay.  Same price at Cabelas

I ordered mine a couple days ago and should be here Friday.
View Quote

yeti buyers

you're local wal-mart sells the exact same thing for $8 tax included...BRO.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Filled my Yeti with ice water this morning and it still has a little bit of ice in it almost 13 hours later.

I'm sold

ETA, you guys are actually receiving your RTIC stuff? I was sure it was vaporware.
View Quote

You don't amazon bro?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get the $20 RTIC, it is exactly the same (I've held both side-by-side).  The cups themselves are $20 nice but not $40 nice.
View Quote

Why get the $20 RTIC when you can get the $10 Ozark Trail at your local Wal-Mart???

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a 20oz Yeti for $15 thanks to a coupon.  Very awesome. I love waking up in the morning and being able to take a sip of ice cold water with out getting out of bed!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

yeti buyers

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeti buyers

I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got one of the 20 Oz Yeti's and purchased one for my brother. I was sold on the performance of mine, the construction and such.

His wife stole his but he soon purchased another for himself, due to the impressive performance hot and cold.

Just got my Rtic order today, ordered 6 of the 10oz mugs with the spill proof lids. Also got a 30 Oz size cause I love to drink coffee at the firehouse. I'm certain I'm gonna love the Rtic products.

Now I'm searching for the stainless straws, thanks to the ARFCOM peer pressure.

View Quote

Mine came off EBay if you use it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Just bought 5 of the walmart versions. TOO many reviews of it performing just as well as the Yeti. @ 7 bucks each, I cannot complain.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-20-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772705
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Got these 2 for $15 from Costco.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
How tight are the lids on these.  Are they tip over on a table tight, or drop down into the passenger foot well tight?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't believe you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeti buyers

I don't believe you.

Wife and I both have a yeti but I just bought two of these tonight. 7.74 plus tax. I'll use this one at work
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How tight are the lids on these.  Are they tip over on a table tight, or drop down into the passenger foot well tight?
View Quote

Yes but the yeti and ozark don't have a way to cover the hole you drink from
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 20 oz RTIC are $14.99 shipped and the 30oz $19.99.

I got 3 of the 20's and picked up one 30. I used the 30 on Saturday at a training class. Filled 1/3 with ice and water on Saturday. Drank and filled with room temp water in the afternoon. Brought it home and sat 1/2 full on the counter. I walked in Sunday at 2:00 p.m from church and still had ice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine slid out of my friend's console and on to the floor board during a turn.  The top stayed.  The lids are pretty tight.
There is a hole though.
If you buy the upgraded RTIC top, it closes tight
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just bought 5 of the walmart versions. TOO many reviews of it performing just as well as the Yeti. @ 7 bucks each, I cannot complain.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-20-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772705
View Quote

I looked at those ones. Seemed the lid didn't fit as snug for what that's worth
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two I just got in the store are actually a little more snug. May be a quality control thing though
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you guys know why the Ozark tumblers from Walmart work as good as the Yeti?

Because it's not a knockoff, it's the same fucking cup from the same fucking factory in China! The name stamp is THE ONLY DIFFERENCE !!!

Any tumbler for sale on any website that looks just like a Yeti,is a FUCKING Yeti with a different stamp.

If you order 100,000 of them from Alibaba in china you can buy them for $3.00 each.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do you guys know why the Ozark tumblers from Walmart work as good as the Yeti?

Because it's not a knockoff, it's the same fucking cup from the same fucking factory in China! The name stamp is THE ONLY DIFFERENCE !!!

Any tumbler for sale on any website that looks just like a Yeti,is a FUCKING Yeti with a different stamp.

If you order 100,000 of them from Alibaba in china you can buy them for $3.00 each.
View Quote

I can believe that. There are no visible differences that I can tell side by side
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Wal Mart Ozark Trail knockoff is an exact copy of the Yeti tumbler for under $10.
View Quote

Almost.

Thanks for the tip.  Went and bought one tonight.  Had been thinking about placing an order for some RTIC stuff, but figured I'd try one of the Walmart ones.  Plus I get employee discount, so, it's like, well, still cheap.  

Still may buy some RTIC stuff.  Several stores (hardware store, Academy, etc) have new Yeti displays, so it's been nice handling some of the stuff.  Right after Christmas, everyone was sold out.  Nice and heavy for sure.

Edit: doesn't neck down at the bottom like the RTIC and Yeti, so it doesn't fit alllllll the way down in my cupholder, but this one may not end up being the dedicated travel mug.  Might stash it at work.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got a 20 ounce Yeti from Dick's. It's my guilty pleasure and I love the thing.  Kept my coffee warm sitting in my car this winter.

I want a beer cup and have been wondering if the Hydro Flask pints are as good as the Yeti... I have also been thinking about getting the $175 RTIC cooler instead of a bear barrel for my BWCA fishing trip.
View Quote

I have lots of Hydro Flask products.  My wife gets them at work from time to time.  The pints work well, but my only complaint is they're small and they don't have lids.  I use mine for sipping on beverages while working on my homework.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just ordered one to pick up tomorrow and a Ozark Trial can koozie for Tuesday. I'd have never paid Yeti's prices but these were doable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Almost.

Thanks for the tip.  Went and bought one tonight.  Had been thinking about placing an order for some RTIC stuff, but figured I'd try one of the Walmart ones.  Plus I get employee discount, so, it's like, well, still cheap.  

Still may by some RTIC stuff.  Several stores (hardware store, Academy, etc) have new Yeti displays, so it's been nice handling some of the stuff.  Right after Christmas, everyone was sold out.  Nice and heavy for sure.

Edit: doesn't neck down at the bottom like the RTIC and Yeti, so it doesn't fit alllllll the way down in my cupholder, but this one may not end up being the dedicated travel mug.  Might stash it at work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Wal Mart Ozark Trail knockoff is an exact copy of the Yeti tumbler for under $10.

Almost.

Still may by some RTIC stuff.  Several stores (hardware store, Academy, etc) have new Yeti displays, so it's been nice handling some of the stuff.  Right after Christmas, everyone was sold out.  Nice and heavy for sure.

Nope, have them sitting on the counter next to each other. Ozark and yeti are the same size and shape
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#30]
That's the price of doing business in China. I have a knife that's a Columbia River Knife & Tool Drifter in all but the name. It's not a knockoff, it's the same knife, just a different name at less than half the price.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I was gifted a 30oz yeti.. Freaking LOVE it. I wouldnt have bought it for myself, And i have never heard of the rtic until now.. But now i want like 10 of these things and will be gifting one to everyone at christmas time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As mentioned you can use the RTIC cup that has the slide over cover.  It's also notched for a stainless or plastic straw.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope, have them sitting on the counter next to each other. Ozark and yeti are the same size and shape
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost.

You are correct.  I had the RTIC pictures up when I posted.  The Ozark 30, the Yeti 30, and the RTIC 30 are all the same shape.
The Ozark 20 and Yeti 20 are the same, but the RTIC 20 has the same shape as the 30s.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now I will go look for one
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife just came home from picking up my order. I will see how well these things work. Came home with 5 of the ozark brand ones (2 for myself and 3 for my brother in Dallas where apparently they are sold out).

Just washed and loaded one with ice water at 10pm. I will follow up when I wake up in the morning on how much ice is left in any.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are selling out Quick and some people are even flipping them on eBay. Best bet is to log into Walmarts website and order for in store pick up. It will tell you what store has it in stock
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
are the 30oz kinda big? Would I be happier with a 30oz for cold beverages and get my dad a 20oz for coffee?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bought 2 RTIC 30oz cups direct from RTIC.

Got them 3 days later.

My wife and I are impressed.
are the 30oz kinda big? Would I be happier with a 30oz for cold beverages and get my dad a 20oz for coffee?

It isn't too big, and yes if you drink coffee that's a good plan.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Awesome! Every time there's a Yeti thread, I find a cheaper alternative to Yeti. I'll pick up a bunch of Ozark Trail 20 ounces. Are there any alternatives for 10 oz lowball cups that are cheaper than RTIC?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#41]
I hope Ozark Trail starts making the molded coolers at 25% of the cost. I will be all over that!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I hope Ozark Trail starts making the molded coolers at 25% of the cost. I will be all over that!
View Quote

I think someone already posted that but I can't find them for sale anywhere yet
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#43]
I have the Yeti 20 oz.  it is worth it.  I bought 8 of them form Cabelas for XMAS gifts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How do we know if she is a witch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order confirmation at 7:25pm, shipping notification wih tracking number at 7:30pm.

In the year 1983, we would have been burned as witches.

How do we know if she is a witch?

She is the same weight as a duck
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#45]
I love my Yeti Lowball for coffee in the morning. Keeps it hot. My wife and I also have the 30oz cups, which are great for sweet tea.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#46]

This.

This MFer will keep your shit hot or cold (how long? fuck if I know) AND won't leak when tipped over or even when transported upside down.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Why the fuck do they not come with handles??
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Get the $20 RTIC, it is exactly the same (I've held both side-by-side).  The cups themselves are $20 nice but not $40 nice.
View Quote

the 20oz RTIC is a little different than the 20oz YETI (the RTIC is like a whataburger cup and the yeti is more like a coffee travel mug shape), but the 32oz RTIC and YETI are identical.  the lid for the RTIC 20oz fits my YETI 10oz tumbler, same as the YETI ones do.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#49]

10 hours later. I woke up and there's ice
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't believe you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeti buyers

I don't believe you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-20-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772705?reviews_limit=10&

$7.74 before tax. it would cost me $8.20
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top