Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't run a stop sign, Don't argue about running stop sign, Don't shove shit down your pants when pulled/asked out of the car, Don't fight the officer trying to detain you after seeing you shove items down your pants and finding said unknown item, Don't run off.

You probably followed these simple steps officers don't what you to know about.
View Quote

When I was a teenager I was pulled over and my vehicle searched. Cop was sure he was going to find alcohol or drugs. Nope, nothing, but still got a ticket.

Stated reason for the stop and the ticket? Failing to yield to oncoming traffic. At a three way stop where it was impossible to yield to oncoming traffic because there was no other traffic that could be coming my way at a three way T intersection where I was turning left from the base of the "T" on a green light.

The whole thing was thrown out by my uncle (attorney) stating the above fact.

I'm convinced that cops make up these sort of traffic stops all the time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of officers reaching for their gun these days because they can't do basic things like subdue someone. Killing someone over something so trivial is not the right response here.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well...that's what a bad shoot murder looks like.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's all about who you know in Texas. Laura Welch Bush ran a stop sign in and killed a man. Zero Charges.

Her Father was a very influential business man
View Quote

Same could be said for anywhere.
Good Ole boys in the Terrebonne/Lafourche area are untouchable.
Our ex sheriff raided a woman’s house and confiscated her laptop because she said some negative things about him in her editorial. Nothing happened to him.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yea he almost missed the shot with that guy running away so fast.

Whew.
View Quote
You have to get the lead right on the runners.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Also voting murder
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wonder what the cop thought he found after they guy stuffed something into in the front of his pants?

When the cop reached in and found it, things quickly went south (no pun intended)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I came here expecting to say "just do what the cops say and you'll be fine."  While that still applies, and I tend to fall on the side of the cops most of the time, I can't see how the officer would have seen that guy as a lethal threat (but I wasn't there and I would like to hear his defense of his actions).

Wonder what the cop thought he found after they guy stuffed something into in the front of his pants?

When the cop reached in and found it, things quickly went south (no pun intended)

I know the cop is lying about thinking it was a gun because "dude you alright" isn't what people say to others when it's a fight for your life
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
That's one hell of a cop.

I was 90% sure he was going to take a second steady shot at the guy fleeing his murder.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You must do what they say and not run.
View Quote

This here is a huge part of the problem... Some morons actually believe that statement.

We are obligated to obey a lawful order but are not obligated to obey an unlawful one. Some would even consider it the duty of an American citizen to resist an unlawful order.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This here is a huge part of the problem... Some morons actually believe that statement.

We are obligated to obey a lawful order but are not obligated to obey an unlawful one. Some would even consider it the duty of an American citizen to resist an unlawful order.
View Quote

Seemingly quite the risk, these days, but I do agree.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My dad, who was of the right age in the 1960s (born in 1946), told me how he got out of the draft because he/his family knew someone influential in California politics at the time.
View Quote

Former 1st Lady of Kentucky, Heather French Henry ran over a woman on a bicycle, killing her.

No charges.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Apparently shooting the running FTD guy with his hands up is acceptable SOP.
The cop is lucky he didn't kill the guy by putting his knee on the neck....would'a been hell to pay.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Former 1st Lady of Kentucky, Heather French Henry ran over a woman on a bicycle, killing her.

No charges.

View Quote

Sounds like a legitimate accident?  Am I missing something?

Heather French Henry, who was Miss America 2000, told police the sun was in her eyes as she was turning at an intersection Sunday evening and struck the woman, who was crossing outside the crosswalk.

Witnesses told police Henry had a green light at the time. Henry and her infant daughter were not injured.

The victim, Karola Stede, 44, later died at University of Louisville Hospital. She was not wearing a helmet, police said.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No charges.

View Quote

I just hate the overall corruption of things, I’m under no illusions I might not be alive if he hadn’t avoided the war, although at times life is so terrible for me, I wish I hadn’t been born.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Who the fuck takes people into custody for running a stop sign?

That deputy is fucked, the feds are going to love him tenderly for some civil rights violation.

Didn't a southern cop somewhere do the same thing and received some serious federal time?

That department is going to get raped financially due Big Hoss being trigger happy and dumber than a bag steer shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That deputy is fucked, the feds are going to love him tenderly for some civil rights violation.
View Quote

Already been cleared.  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Big surpise there.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
If it keeps on rainin
Levee's going to break.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

By the county, I wonder if the feds will indict him on violation of civil rights?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#21]
The car/tag was suspicious and he observed a traffic violation, so he had cause to pull the car. The driver resisted from the outset and fought the officer. All these reels you see every day of people taunting and baiting the police should end like this one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet it's not over yet.  That video's got some oomph behind it.  The public is getting tired of shit like this, and the only reason it's been tolerated as long as it has is because the vast majority of the population doesn't get to see it.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When I grew up in the 60's and 70's we knew you don't run from the law.  They would shoot you and you would die.  And if you stopped and talked to them you might not even get a ticket.
View Quote

That is some derpy shit right there. The kid did stop and talk to him, officer tub o’fuck escalated things up to and including attempting and failing to body slam him on the ground, and when he got up the fat fuck was already pulling a gun on him and the kid had his hands up the entire time.
Also hopefully “back en ma day” cops weren’t quite so stupid, but maybe they just left fewer witnesses.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legal shoot (so far), not a good shoot.

There’s a big difference and many people don’t understand that.

Quoted:
The car/tag was suspicious and he observed a traffic violation, so he had cause to pull the car. The driver resisted from the outset and fought the officer. All these reels you see every day of people taunting and baiting the police should end like this one.

May your chains rest lightly, and hopefully none of your kin ever look at a cop wrong. But if they do, don’t come crying to us.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stating that one did not do what was being alleged is not resisting so he didn't "resist from the outset." He pulled over. He responded to the officer's allegations; waiting his turn to speak. When ordered out of the vehicle, he started to ask if the officer could show him. The officer cut him off, repeated the order, he then said, "I was just wondering." and immediately exited the vehicle. When the officer told him to turn around, he complied. When the officer told him to "Get your hands out of your pockets." He complied and put his hands on the roof of the vehicle. He even kept his hands on the roof when the officer went digging in his pants. It wasn't until the officer grabbed his arm and gave no answer to his inquiry as to why he was being arrested, did the guy resist. As the officer escalated, the guy increased resistance. When the guy stood up, it's even possible he wasn't going to run until he notice the officer aiming a gun at him. It's possible that the guy figured this officer was going to execute him given how odd this interaction was from early on.

tl;dr - The guy did not "resist from the outset." IMHO, this situation had good potential for de-escalation.

"Taunting" police should end in murder by an officer?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Man, I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and I’ve never been shot.

Weird.
View Quote

Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well...that's what a bad shoot looks like.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

By the county, I wonder if the feds will indict him on violation of civil rights?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shooting a white guy?

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Stating that one did not do what was being alleged is not resisting so he didn't "resist from the outset." He pulled over. He responded to the officer's allegations; waiting his turn to speak. When ordered out of the vehicle, he started to ask if the officer could show him. The officer cut him off, repeated the order, he then said, "I was just wondering." and immediately exited the vehicle. When the officer told him to turn around, he complied. When the officer told him to "Get your hands out of your pockets." He complied and put his hands on the roof of the vehicle. He even kept his hands on the roof when the officer went digging in his pants. It wasn't until the officer grabbed his arm and gave no answer to his inquiry as to why he was being arrested, did the guy resist. As the officer escalated, the guy increased resistance. When the guy stood up, it's even possible he wasn't going to run until he notice the officer aiming a gun at him. It's possible that the guy figured this officer was going to execute him given how odd this interaction was from early on.

tl;dr - The guy did not "resist from the outset." IMHO, this situation had good potential for de-escalation.

View Quote

Pretty much sums it up. I don’t get what this was all about. I know shit happens and you have to be careful around the donut eaters, but this crap, especially in Texas, with speed traps, pulling people for all kinds of bs, snooping for drugs, etc. needs to stop, especially when illegals get away with murder. It will stop the more resistance bubba faces, not saying it should, but people are sick of it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so. Cleared by the state, not feds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Psychopaths know their own.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maybe there was something there, that's why he started resisting.  Doesn't make a good shooting though, at that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Driver reaches and adjusts what the deputy may have thought was an appendix carry weapon. Then the driver doesn't comply with putting his hands behind his back then continues to resist arrest. I would say it rests on what the deputy reasonably believed was in the drivers waist band.

Maybe there was something there, that's why he started resisting.  Doesn't make a good shooting though, at that point.

Rusk County, Texas — On September 14, 2022, shortly after 1:00 a.m. Deputy Shane Iverson pulled over, 29-year-old Timothy Michael Randall for a traffic violation in the area of Highway 64 and CR 4125. Deputy Iverson told Randall he had pulled him over because he saw him run the stop sign at the 4-way stop, which Randall denied having done. He told Randall to get out of the vehicle, which he did, the video shows, but then he appears to struggle with the deputy when he was attempting to handcuff him. A physical struggle ensued. The struggle ended in a single gunshot that killed Randall.

Deputy Iverson shot Randall under his arm, and the bullet exited through his chest cavity, destroying his heart. Randall ran about 20 paces after he was shot, and then collapsed to the ground, where he died. During the pat-down, officials claim Randall “attempted to conceal contraband in his waistband and made furtive movements to his waistband.” The attorney for Rusk County said that the deputy believed Randall was attempting to hide a small gun down the front of his pants, but said it was later found to be a pipe in an eyeglasses case. In October 2023, Randall's mother Wendy Tippitt filed a federal lawsuit claiming wrongful death and civil rights violations.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#34]
As the video started I glanced at the description where this jumped out at me:
Deputy Iverson shot Randall under his arm, and the bullet exited through his chest cavity, destroying his heart. Randall ran about 20 paces after he was shot, and then collapsed to the ground, where he died. During the pat-down, officials claim Randall “attempted to conceal contraband in his waistband and made furtive movements to his waistband.” The attorney for Rusk County said that the deputy believed Randall was attempting to hide a small gun down the front of his pants, but said it was later found to be a pipe in an eyeglasses case. In October 2023, Randall's mother Wendy Tippitt filed a federal lawsuit claiming wrongful death and civil rights violations.

In other words the thread title is trolling bullshit and shouldn't be allowed by the mods.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Driver reaches and adjusts what the deputy may have thought was an appendix carry weapon. Then the driver doesn't comply with putting his hands behind his back then continues to resist arrest. I would say it rests on what the deputy reasonably believed was in the drivers waist band.

Rusk County, Texas — On September 14, 2022, shortly after 1:00 a.m. Deputy Shane Iverson pulled over, 29-year-old Timothy Michael Randall for a traffic violation in the area of Highway 64 and CR 4125. Deputy Iverson told Randall he had pulled him over because he saw him run the stop sign at the 4-way stop, which Randall denied having done. He told Randall to get out of the vehicle, which he did, the video shows, but then he appears to struggle with the deputy when he was attempting to handcuff him. A physical struggle ensued. The struggle ended in a single gunshot that killed Randall.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#36]
If I were the kid's dad.  I'd be going to prison.  And we'd have one less piece of shit hiding behind a badge to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Before the video was released.  I'd imagine there is going to be some wringing of hands going forward.  Be interesting to see how it plays out, especially federally.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Before the video was released.  I'd imagine there is going to be some wringing of hands going forward.  Be interesting to see how it plays out, especially federally.
View Quote

Yea, this was a piece of shit doing shitty things and probably shitting himself now.  

May all fuck be upon him and anyone who tried to help him cover this up and get away with murder.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Yikes. Bad shoot by Officer Power Trip.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

conveniently left out the part that triggered the consequent pat down, attempt to cuff, fighting against lawful commands.

he weren't scratching his balls there, Homer

but that's how anti-cop propaganda works, ya know  

cop thought he was armed

after the perp broke loose, the cop thought he'd shoot back at him - instant self defense decision

and that's how it works sometimes

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

conveniently left out the part that triggered the consequent pat down, attempt to cuff, fighting against lawful commands.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183309/image_2024-06-25_212106814-3250787.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183309/image_2024-06-25_212106814-3250787.png

Ok, I’ll bite. The cop thought the driver shoved something down his pants. Why did the cop shoot the driver when the driver had his hands up, in clear view, while running away from said cop?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok, I’ll bite. The cop thought the driver shoved something down his pants. Why did the cop shoot the driver when the driver had his hands up, in clear view, while running away from said cop?
View Quote

I edited it with the rest of the story.

The press bite above says the perp had a "pipe in a eyeglasses case"

Cop thought it was a gun

pretty simple but turned out bad for the stuffer and fighter

especially after he began to fight the cop who thought he was armed and tried to cuff him

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Never run from a cop in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Cop thought it was a gun

especially after he began to fight the cop who thought he was armed and tried to cuff him

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183309/image_2024-06-25_213012776-3250794.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cop thought it was a gun

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183309/image_2024-06-25_213012776-3250794.png

Uh huh, no.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never fight a single, isolated cop who thinks you're armed.

They'll fight for their life.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#46]
That was messed up on so many levels.
That man should not have been shot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably similarly risky in most southern states.

I mean its generally a bad idea anywhere, but the odds of getting killed for it are probably higher in some places.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That was messed up on so many levels.
That man should not have been shot.
View Quote

Went downhill when the doper chose to stuff his pants with something that could be mistaken for a gun.

Then he started fighting the cop who found what he'd stuffed.

as simple as

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That is some derpy shit right there. The kid did stop and talk to him, officer tub o’fuck escalated things up to and including attempting and failing to body slam him on the ground, and when he got up the fat fuck was already pulling a gun on him and the kid had his hands up the entire time.
Also hopefully “back en ma day” cops weren’t quite so stupid, but maybe they just left fewer witnesses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I grew up in the 60's and 70's we knew you don't run from the law.  They would shoot you and you would die.  And if you stopped and talked to them you might not even get a ticket.

They were fuckin Ninjas when they had PR-24's:

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Probably similarly risky in most southern states.

I mean its generally a bad idea anywhere, but the odds of getting killed for it are probably higher in some places.
View Quote

They'll only hole you once.

California?  Mag Dump  
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top