Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn rolling through a stop sign at 0100 when there's no other traffic on the road, AND pot needles???? That hero just saved the tax payers a lot of money by getting this monster out of the gene pool permanently.

/s

Straight up murder. I'd like to think that sgt will do the right thing and extinguish his own candle out of guilt, but he's probably too much of a sociopath to do that.

The fact that the LEA and justice system gave him a pass means this will happen again. What a shame.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To the contrary I think most of the membership here is pro LE, but the ones who aren't are very vocal.
View Quote

I think there's a difference between pro-LE and pro-criminal.
You can be opposed to government sponsored crime without being anti-LE.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I will say that the negative turn in my opinion of general law enforcement officers is due to things posted on this forum by LEO defending what are clearly situations that shouldn't have happened, yet are justified with some twisted logic and obscure case law, while common sense says that shouldn't have happened.

View Quote

Dingdingding! We have a winner!

It is not anti-cop to say "that cop's a bastard, fuck that cop for what he did".

What is anti-cop is to say "what that cop did was proper procedure, all cops do that". They think they're excusing bad behavior, but in reality they're accusing an entire profession of bad behavior.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

May you never have to find the answer this question while lowering an innocent loved one into the ground due to someone driving intoxicated.

Some of us have. And if you (or anyone reading this) drive buzzed or intoxicated, knock that shit off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I walk around with a loaded gun. I could kill any random person I walk by at any time. Am I guilty of murder?

I don't disagree that it's a bad idea to drive drunk, but I am very leery of "pre-crime" type situations.

Driving while drunk is not pre-crime - it is criminal.

Who does it harm?

May you never have to find the answer this question while lowering an innocent loved one into the ground due to someone driving intoxicated.

Some of us have. And if you (or anyone reading this) drive buzzed or intoxicated, knock that shit off.

Driving while old, or falling asleep, or eating and yelling at your kid gets people killed too.

Are we going to start arresting for those now?
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh no, you say things I don't like!!! How dare you!!! My feelings are hurt!!! Only a troll can do that!!!

Once again........./media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Triggered-143.gif

lol perfect example of trolling.  Changing what I said.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ARFCOM seems to lean anti-LE, or maybe the anti-LE posters are more active.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How come I only see threads showing the worst side of cops?  Where are all the videos of the good deeds?  Only bad cop vids get clicks?

When the Avilas ran things, Arf was very pro cop.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Who does it harm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I walk around with a loaded gun. I could kill any random person I walk by at any time. Am I guilty of murder?

I don't disagree that it's a bad idea to drive drunk, but I am very leery of "pre-crime" type situations.

Who does it harm?

2 dead children disagree.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How come I only see threads showing the worst side of cops?  Where are all the videos of the good deeds?  Only bad cop vids get clicks?

We are still very pro GOOD cop. Now the entire law enforcement system nowadays, ehhhh, it's more a political then an actual law enforcement system.

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lol I don't believe that.

Read this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually a white guy is more likely to get shot than a black dude per a Harvard U. professor.  He did a study on it....the prof is black.

Lol I don't believe that.

Read this.
I just read the article and if it is consistent with his published paper, it's garbage.  He compares it on a per capita basis.  Even though we know, per the FBI crime states, that black guys commit a far higher level of violent crime per capita than the rest of the population.  Basically 1/2 of violent crime or more is committed by 5% of the population.  They are 24% of the deaths but if we go by crime committed they should be around 50% of those killed by hte police.

I cannot find the study done by the Harvard Sociology prof. However, he did a deep dive on it and was attacked by the left.  It has been discussed here in the past.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We are still very pro GOOD cop. Now the entire law enforcement system nowadays, ehhhh, it's more a political then an actual law enforcement system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes to the first part.  I don't think all PD's are that way but it is the trend.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who does it harm?

Yes, that person actually harmed someone.

What does that have to do with someone who may be over the legal limit and does not harm anyone?
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who does it harm?
View Quote

Irrelevant.  

It's illegal according to state statute everywhere.

Spraying your AR into the air and missing everyone on the ground with the falling bullets doesn't hurt anyone either, bet that will get you cited as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What does that have to do with someone who may be over the legal limit and does not harm anyone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who does it harm?

There really is no use trying to explain it to you but I will try.  Driving is a privilege not a right so the govt. does get to set the rules.  Driving drunk is not your right.   There is no way to know if someone will hurt or kill someone.  Society has decided that there are standards to use the public road.  Being drunk is not acceptable.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol I don’t believe that.

Read this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually a white guy is more likely to get shot than a black dude per a Harvard U. professor.  He did a study on it....the prof is black.

Lol I don’t believe that.

Read this.

Ummmm. Your linked article says more white people are shot by police.

Overall, close to 1,000 people are shot to death by police officers in the U.S. every year, according to a database maintained by The Washington Post. It is true that a majority of those victims are white people.

“That’s only because there are so many more white people than there are Black people in our country,” says Miller, a professor of health sciences and epidemiology who has been researching injury and violence prevention for two decades.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And it's already illegal to drive drunk.

Did that stop them?

They actually have to harm someone first. You MIGHT harm someone isn't good enough to me.
View Quote

So I should be able to fire a gun around my neighborhood in random directions and as long nothing is hit it's all good?

Fuck drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:11:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Good shoot. Cleaned up the gene pool of a meth head, drunk driver who played stupid games and won a stupid prize. Stupid idiot initiates the fight with the LEO, and thinks the LEO is going to say "sorry, please get back into your vehicle and continue on your way"?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There really is no use trying to explain it to you but I will try.  Driving is a privilege not a right so the govt. does get to set the rules.  Driving drunk is not your right.   There is no way to know if someone will hurt or kill someone.  Society has decided that there are standards to use the public road.  Being drunk is not acceptable.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who does it harm?

I don't consider anything I do a "privilege" allowed by a government.

It's not surprising that most, if not just about 100% of cops, view things from a statist mindset.

I agree that driving shitfaced is a bad thing, but I can't say the act itself is harmful when no one is actually harmed. It may increase the odds of an accident, but so do many other factors.

I've never been hit by a drunk, but I have been hit twice.. both times by completely sober women not paying attention. Can we make driving while female illegal?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good shoot. Cleaned up the gene pool of a meth head, drunk driver who played stupid games and won a stupid prize. Stupid idiot initiates the fight with the LEO, and thinks the LEO is going to say "sorry, please get back into your vehicle and continue on your way"?
View Quote

And, "Sir, whatever you tried to conceal there on your person would you kindly withdraw it while I stand here with my thumb up my ass and watch?  That is, if you choose to and remain well within your rights as a drunken meth head."
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just read the article and if it is consistent with his published paper, it's garbage.  He compares it on a per capita basis.  Even though we know, per the FBI crime states, that black guys commit a far higher level of violent crime per capita than the rest of the population.
View Quote

Obvious fact:

100,000 Black Males have more encounters with LE than 100,000 White Males.

Credible but maybe not conclusively proven fact:

More WMs die per 10,000 LE encounters than BMs.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And, "Sir, whatever you tried to conceal there on your person would you kindly withdraw it while I stand here with my thumb up my ass and watch?  That is, if you choose to and remain well within your rights as a drunken meth head."
View Quote

Put your hands behind your back.
What you arresting me for?
Wrestle the guy to the ground, he reflexively puts out his hands to keep his face from becoming one with the pavement.
Throw the guy 10-15' away, and he decides it's time to GTFO.
Shoot the guy for running away after you threw him away.

Alternate universe:
I'm not arresting you, I'm detaining you until I finish my weapons search. You're hiding something in your pants, so I'm cuffing you to keep your hands away from it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Irrelevant.  

Spraying your AR into the air and missing everyone on the ground with the falling bullets doesn't hurt anyone either, bet that will get you cited as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who does it harm?

Irrelevant.  

Spraying?  
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Spraying?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who does it harm?

Irrelevant.  

Spraying?  

Krylon
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wrestle the guy to the ground, he reflexively puts out his hands to keep his face from becoming one with the pavement.

Alternate universe:
I'm not arresting you, I'm detaining you until I finish my weapons search. You're hiding something in your pants, so I'm cuffing you to keep your hands away from it.
View Quote

I like this take.
As another poster stated "because I said so" is bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#25]
It is telling how this form has changed over the past 8 years, even now some staff or former staff see reason and don't blindly lick the badge anymore.

With the increase in body cam usage and third party videos there are just so many new infuriating videos every week portraying things many of us already knew were taking place, but I think most of us that knew are still surprised just how commonplace these bad shoots and other unflawful actions are.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Alternate universe:
View Quote

^^^
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It is telling how this form has changed over the past 8 years, even now some staff or former staff see reason and don't blindly lick the badge anymore.

With the increase in body cam usage and third party videos there are just so many new infuriating videos every week portraying things many of us already knew were taking place, but I think most of us that knew are still surprised just how commonplace these bad shoots and other unflawful actions are.
View Quote

Yeah, I didn't think these were as commonplace even though I knew they occurred far too often.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I like this take.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alternate universe:

I like this take.

yup, well stated.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Don’t reach for your waistband after a cop feels something there then try to resist arrest. You might get shot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Alternate universe:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alternate universe:

You’ve clearly never arrested anyone. In the real actual universe we live in and not weird lawyer hypothetical universe to get money. The next thing isn’t ever “oh ok officer my bad” it’s “no I didn’t.” And becomes an argument. Every. Single. Time. A person is either compliant or not. Partial compliance is only buying time to do something like hide drugs/weapons or remove drugs/weapons. As evidenced here by the dipshit trying to hide his pipe.

I wouldn’t have shot that kid, but I can understand why it happened.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you know what is well within your rights as a drunken meth head?  Not being killed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, I didn't think these were as commonplace even though I knew they occurred far too often.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure commonplace is the right term either certainly not without context. I got pretty wrapped up in these videos and still watch a ton of them but I make myself remember that it's not an accident that anti cop sentiment gets magnified much more than pro cop. I also remind myself that I've known a ton of cops that are great people. The vast majority of encounters are good and lawful but those make for bad entertainment. With all the cameras in play now there's just so much more to choose from.

I think that a lot of if not most of the problems we see are because of the system we've created for them to operate in. It's a big list. Stuff like pretextual traffic stops and stop and frisk are popular because they work within the context the cops operate in. Places that go heavily off stats employ all kinds of bullshit to juke the stats to try and look good because that's what their leadership demand and what the city/state whatever demands of the department.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I agree with this Youtube post

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You’ve clearly never arrested anyone. In the real actual universe we live in and not weird lawyer hypothetical universe to get money. The next thing isn’t ever “oh ok officer my bad” it’s “no I didn’t.” And becomes an argument. Every. Single. Time. A person is either compliant or not. Partial compliance is only buying time to do something like hide drugs/weapons or remove drugs/weapons. As evidenced here by the dipshit trying to hide his pipe.

View Quote

If they are going to resist they are going to resist regardless of what s told to them.  No magical statement is going to change that and to think so is living in fantasyland.  The victim in this knew exactly why he was being detained.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Interesting legal breakdown with the bottom line being the guy was unnecessarily shot due to the cops incompetence .
Edited because the first version was too hot for pathetic YouTube.

Texas Deputy KILLED an Unarmed Man for No Reason! Pennsylvania v. Mimms Breakdown!

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If they are going to resist they are going to resist regardless of what s told to them.  No magical statement is going to change that and to think so is living in fantasyland.  The victim in this knew exactly why he was being detained.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then just go straight to overwhelming lethal force, fuck being a human.  Fuck any kind of decency, the little people will just have to deal with being beaten and killed.

Wonder why bad cops result in less respect for the average cop?

I used to be willing to stop and help.  Hell no. I will never stop and help any government agent anymore.  Got a fun lesson in that recently.  In other words, fuck NM State police.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well then just go straight to overwhelming lethal force, fuck being a human.  Fuck any kind of decency, the little people will just have to deal with being beaten and killed.

Wonder why bad cops result in less respect for the average cop?

I used to be willing to stop and help.  Hell no. I will never stop and help any government agent anymore.  Got a fun lesson in that recently.  In other words, fuck NM State police.
View Quote

Okay.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Officer Jelly Roll needs to do hard time.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Too many bootlickers in society and apparently on ARFcom as well.  That boot will come down on you when it's your rights vs. their paycheck, I'll guarantee it...hell even your rights vs. their ego.  Maybe he was a bad cop, the shoot was certainly bad, but are there really any good cops?  Most certainly good cops know that bad cops exist and yet, bad cops still exist, so are there any good cops?   If the system is set up so that bad cops can still roam the streets, there's clearly something wrong.  

The shoot was clearly bad but here's the thing, if you're police it apparently doesn't matter.  Just shoot first and ask questions later.  If you fuck up and shoot an unarmed guy trying to get away from you after you diddled his cockin'balls, who cares?  Make up some bullshit and you'll get cleared of any wrongdoing, happens all the time as long as you're a cop.  If any other person had shot that dude they'd be in prison.  Looks like you better comply to survive if you get pulled over and some cop (especially an overweight one) on a power trip decides your life isn't worth breaking a sweat over.  They think they're better than you and won't bat an eye to fill you full of lead because there is rarely any consequence for them doing so.  

Look at this one, talk about a sad joke of a cop.  I mean the woman was fucked up no doubt, but just watch how pathetic this is:
Strasburg Police Officer Fatally Shoots Woman While Being Struck With His Own Baton

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Too many bootlickers in society and apparently on ARFcom as well.  That boot will come down on you when it's your rights vs. their paycheck, I'll guarantee it...hell even your rights vs. their ego.  Maybe he was a bad cop, the shoot was certainly bad, but are there really any good cops?  Most certainly good cops know that bad cops exist and yet, bad cops still exist, so are there any good cops?   If the system is set up so that bad cops can still roam the streets, there's clearly something wrong.  

The shoot was clearly bad but here's the thing, if you're police it apparently doesn't matter.  Just shoot first and ask questions later.  If you fuck up and shoot an unarmed guy trying to get away from you after you diddled his cockin'balls, who cares?  Make up some bullshit and you'll get cleared of any wrongdoing, happens all the time as long as you're a cop.  If any other person had shot that dude they'd be in prison.  Looks like you better comply to survive if you get pulled over and some cop (especially an overweight one) on a power trip decides your life isn't worth breaking a sweat over.  They think they're better than you and won't bat an eye to fill you full of lead because there is rarely any consequence for them doing so.  

Look at this one, talk about a sad joke of a cop.  I mean the woman was fucked up no doubt, but just watch how pathetic this is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gpm92tXXvc

View Quote

What a complete shit show.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#41]
If I have a bad or missing weld, it could legitimately put someone's life in danger, and I am reprimanded or potentially fired for it.

The excuse, "Well I thought they were all there" doesn't hold up. Why does that work for police when they actually kill people? "I thought he had a gun". But he didn't so now what?

"Oopsie-Daisy" and there's no punishment?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If I have a bad or missing weld, it could legitimately put someone's life in danger, and I am reprimanded or potentially fired for it.

The excuse, "Well I thought they were all there" doesn't hold up. Why does that work for police when they actually kill people? "I thought he had a gun". But he didn't so now what?

"Oopsie-Daisy" and there's no punishment?
View Quote

Because metal doesn’t actively get to influence the outcomes of your weld. It isn’t violent, unpredictable and deceptive and the circumstances are not tense, uncertain, rapidly evolving and require split second decision making while applying multiple layers of rules, case law and policy with no second chances or realtime quality assurance protocol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Don't run a stop sign, Don't argue about running stop sign, Don't shove shit down your pants when pulled/asked out of the car, Don't fight the officer trying to detain you after seeing you shove items down your pants and finding said unknown item, Don't run off.

You probably followed these simple steps officers don't what you to know about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and I’ve never been shot.

Weird.

Don't run a stop sign, Don't argue about running stop sign, Don't shove shit down your pants when pulled/asked out of the car, Don't fight the officer trying to detain you after seeing you shove items down your pants and finding said unknown item, Don't run off.

You probably followed these simple steps officers don't what you to know about.

Did I read that right?  
You’re justifying this?     The cop slaughtered that kid.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:40:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?   That’s what you’re going to go with?  

Are you a police officer?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:41:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alternate universe:

I agree with this.  What he proposed is the new woke standard.

There's reasons police arrest people the way they do cause you never know if it's just a guy or a guy that wants to kill a cop.  Sometimes you just can't tell between the two so you play it safe and take precautions.  Doesn't mean you beat him up for no reason.  A cop can use some level of force to detain and escalate if they're resisting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:50:26 AM EDT
[#46]
So, do we have any account of the alleged "blowing through the stop sign" other than officer trigger-happy's word?  Perhaps some video of it?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There's reasons police arrest people the way they do cause you never know if it's just a guy or a guy that wants to kill a cop.  Sometimes you just can't tell between the two so you play it safe and take precautions.  Doesn't mean you beat him up for no reason.  A cop can use some level of force to detain and escalate if they're resisting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alternate universe:

Officer safety is not the primary concern.

My rights are the most important part of any interaction.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Bad shoot, Deputy Whataburger isn't going to like where he's going.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 3:31:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 3:37:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That seems to be the case with most police, they'll use force up to and including killing you to enforce their will
View Quote

Oh is that how it seems with most police? Huh? I didn't know that's the case with most police! And I thought yes, that cop was an asshole, but so too was the kid for escalating & not complying.

I've only been stopped by one dickhead cop my entire life. That was 45 years ago, and the rest of the cops I've been stopped by have been professional. But I also took my ticket from that cowboy cop from that former KKK town back in that day, let him lecture me, and I submitted to his making me place his pen back into the palm of his hand after I signed the ticket. I didn't escalate the situation....or was I just lucky that he was low on ammo that day?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top