BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 131
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quick question for you guys.

Lets say we fire Obama, congress starts cutting spending, pressure for higher interest rates go down in response, employment improves, ect ect through 2013.  We will still have big debt but  the deficits get on a path to becoming a surplus over lets say 5-10 years and economic growth increases.

Will you guys still think we are on the brink of this big collapse you are all waiting for?  

We would have to greatly expand our manufacturing base.

$$$ doesn't grow on trees notwithstanding most folks think it does.

Our standard of living would have to decline.

One of the above is certain, the other is unlikely with the present envirowacko mentalty.

Let's see if anyone can figger out which.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets say we fire Obama, congress starts cutting spending, pressure for higher interest rates go down in response, employment improves, ect ect through 2013.  We will still have big debt but  the deficits get on a path to becoming a surplus over lets say 5-10 years and economic growth increases.

Will you guys still think we are on the brink of this big collapse you are all waiting for?  

Consider the following:

http://i39.tinypic.com/vffuhd.jpg

I'd have to assume you've cut about $1-1.5 Trillion annually or you've massively raised taxes on everyone and everything for something like that to happen.  That's a negative 6-10% of GDP.

So, if that were to happen, you've have a bunch of pissed off people - those affected by the massive cuts and/or those paying a huge amount of taxes.

The cuts, along with the pain associated with the cuts, have to come.  They will not come without pain and anger.  The result of the pain and anger is the question.

On top of all of that, interest rates have to return to some norm.  ZIRP cannot last forever.  This extended manipulation of the interest rate market is creating it's own kind of unavoidable pain down the road.  We have yet to see the pain from this.

Surplus = Skittles shitting unicorn IMO.  Even during the Clinton years, the "surplus" was an accounting gimmick.  The debt levels still went up even though we had a "surplus".  See here.

So after all of that I see some things you mention possible:

Fire Obama - possible
Congress meaningfully cuts spending - unicorns
Interest rates don't go up - unicorns
Employment improves in the face of massive cuts - unicorns
Surplus in 5-10 years - unicorns

That is a nice chart, but the 2011 deficit turned out to be over 1.7 trillion, even larger than than 2010, so by year 1, it's already very inaccurate.
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It comes down to this ...

In the aftermath of World War II ... all of Europe's and Asia's manufacturing might had been bombed to smithereens.

America still had all it's lathes, mills, factories intact.

We hung out a shingle, stating that "though we had capacity, don't think we were gonna be cheap".  

Anyhow, Mama got to stay home for awhile, we all looked like a genius, all was right with the world.

Well, then they all got their lathes and mills back.

And we had a trade surplus and we were the world's largest exporter of oil until 1975
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consider the following:

http://i39.tinypic.com/vffuhd.jpg
I'd have to assume you've cut about $1-1.5 Trillion annually or you've massively raised taxes on everyone and everything for something like that to happen.  That's a negative 6-10% of GDP.

So, if that were to happen, you've have a bunch of pissed off people - those affected by the massive cuts and/or those paying a huge amount of taxes.

The cuts, along with the pain associated with the cuts, have to come.  They will not come without pain and anger.  The result of the pain and anger is the question.

On top of all of that, interest rates have to return to some norm.  ZIRP cannot last forever.  This extended manipulation of the interest rate market is creating it's own kind of unavoidable pain down the road.  We have yet to see the pain from this.

Surplus = Skittles shitting unicorn IMO.  Even during the Clinton years, the "surplus" was an accounting gimmick.  The debt levels still went up even though we had a "surplus".  See here.
So after all of that I see some things you mention possible:

Fire Obama - possible

Congress meaningfully cuts spending - unicorns

Interest rates don't go up - unicorns

Employment improves in the face of massive cuts - unicorns

Surplus in 5-10 years - unicorns

That is a nice chart, but the 2011 deficit turned out to be over 1.7 trillion, even larger than than 2010, so by year 1, it's already very inaccurate.
When you see "CBO", you know it's going to be from Skittle shitting unicorn land.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the aftermath of World War II ... all of Europe's and Asia's manufacturing might had been bombed to smithereens.

We hung out a shingle, stating that "though we had capacity, don't think we were gonna be cheap".  

Anyhow, Mama got to stay home for awhile, we all looked like a genius, all was right with the world.

And we had a trade surplus and we were the world's largest exporter of oil until 1975

I was talking about this with someone not long ago and they made largely the same points.

From 1945 to about 1980, we enjoyed industrial supremacy over much of the rest of the world, because as major powers go we were the LEAST damaged by WW2.

But by the 1980s, "much of the rest of the world" was catching up.

And now, they HAVE caught up.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was talking about this with someone not long ago and they made largely the same points.

From 1945 to about 1980, we enjoyed industrial supremacy over much of the rest of the world, because as major powers go we were the LEAST damaged by WW2.

Guess what country gave all the other 'catching up' countries the technical expertise, university educations, development 'funding', and a zillion other things so those countries could EAT THE GENEROUS COUNTRY'S LUNCH?

We basically handed them the knives on a friggin silver platter TO CUT OUR own throats!

I watched the whole thing in disbelief.

AND AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENSE!!!

Ask youself, why would a sane political body want to destroy their own country?

[Hint the folks doing this aren't crazy... They're EVIL!]

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]
EURUSD just broke Goldman's stop-loss level of 1.35, triggering them to sell.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/eur-usd-rollercoaster-goes-down-goldman-stop-losses-are-triggered

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#9]
The black hole of debt implosion is dragging the world damn close to the event horizon.

Even though I've done what I can to prevail, I still feel like a deer in the headlights.

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 3:03:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but the trade surplus that resulted is what made this country 'wealthy'. It was a short blip in US history, and most people think the prosperity of post war USA is normal and expected.

It isn't, which is why we have been in decline since 1975 and from 1975 to 2007 the wealth that resulted from the trade surplus was replaced by debt to keep the illusion of wealth gloing as the trade deficit drained the wealth from the country

Then the debt bubble popped.

And we have nothing left but reality.

That is why this isn't going to get better and there will be no recovery

Because we have close to a 1 Trillion dollar a year trade deficit and no plan to change that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 3:36:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess what country gave all the other 'catching up' countries the technical expertise, university educations, development 'funding', and a zillion other things so those countries could EAT THE GENEROUS COUNTRY'S LUNCH?

We basically handed them the knives on a friggin silver platter TO CUT OUR own throats!

I watched the whole thing in disbelief.

AND AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENSE!!!

Ask youself, why would a sane political body want to destroy their own country?

[Hint the folks doing this aren't crazy... They're EVIL!]

Two points I would like to add/clarify:

Rebuilding and outsourcing was part of the deterint to global nuclear war.  It was called Mutually Assured Economic Destruction.

The folks behind all this are most definitely Evil.  My faith tells me exactly who they answer to, and that is one of the reasons I am so adamant about exposing what their endgame is.  Fortunately, I have read the Book, and know who wins in the end.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not so sure the folks behind all this are anything more than plain ol' greedy.

All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask.

Bonus points if you know the source without using google.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not so sure the folks behind all this are anything more than plain ol' greedy.

All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask.

I had to cheat, so I will not post the answer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.infowars.com/gerald-celentes-gold-account-was-emptied-by-mf-global/

Gerald Celente’s gold account was emptied by MF Global

sure your 401K accounts are safe they have laws that say so.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curly Howard?

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curly Howard?

Hint:
If you went to high school before 1980 you read it for a class, if not then you most likely saw the movie on TV.

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
.......Hint:
If you went to high school before 1980 you read it for a class, if not then you most likely saw the movie on TV.

My great aunt took me to see it when it came out.

She also took me to see Run Silent, Run Deep.

I think she had a thing for a few of the "hunks" or whatever they called them back then.

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Rising dollar, lower equities and higher oil= bad juju, better pay attention.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Italy Opts Not To Release Preliminary GDP Data you smell that?
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh Syria... can you smell what Ba'Rock is Cookin?
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh Syria... can you smell what Ba'Rock is Cookin?

France got their ambasador out today.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Italy Opts Not To Release Preliminary GDP Data you smell that?

So, no news isn't good news...
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Thanks.  Great video/interview.

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but the trade surplus that resulted is what made this country 'wealthy'. It was a short blip in US history, and most people think the prosperity of post war USA is normal and expected.

It isn't, which is why we have been in decline since 1975 and from 1975 to 2007 the wealth that resulted from the trade surplus was replaced by debt to keep the illusion of wealth gloing as the trade deficit drained the wealth from the country

Then the debt bubble popped.

And we have nothing left but reality.

That is why this isn't going to get better and there will be no recovery

Because we have close to a 1 Trillion dollar a year trade deficit and no plan to change that.

EXACTLY!!!!

But try to get the 99.99% of the Sheeple to understand this.

They either CAN'T or WON'T TRY!

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:27:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
http://www.infowars.com/gerald-celentes-gold-account-was-emptied-by-mf-global/

Gerald Celente’s gold account was emptied by MF Global

sure your 401K accounts are safe they have laws that say so.

Exactly why I withdrew my entire individual retirement account.  Fuggem!

Every year some Congress critter talks about seizing the 401ks and then granting the holders a government annuity.  Sounds like another Social Security ponzi scheme to me.  You can't trust gubment, you can't trust investment firms like the MF Global (which bought out the firm that Celente was doing business with) and you certainly can't trust big banks.  Anything that Goldman Sachs can get its hands on it destroys.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:06:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Dang c-cuh-commuhnists!

-they're destroying the world.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:08:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

MOBIUS: 'Hellish' financial crisis on its way...

These videos show how 'Prophets' are created...

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

MOBIUS: 'Hellish' financial crisis on its way...

These videos show how 'Prophets' are created...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC19fEqR5bA

That guy is a DOOMER a DOOMER I SAY DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRRR

even though he's right
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#34]
With the ND now at 15T, I played with some math because I think we all take these numbers for granted.

If you spent 1 million a day how long would it take to spend a Trillion?

It would take 1,000,000 days or around 2,740 years.

If you wanted to spend it say in 50 years you would have to spend at around 20 billion a day.

So the next time someone pulls the "yet" or "how long" BS, remember these numbers and the fact that  the US debt has more than doubled in the last 7 years
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If we ran a surplus for a few of the Clinton years, why did the debt still go up each and every year he was in office??

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#36]
A better way to visualize the debt is a percent of GDP, this eliminates the inflation factor.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:32:23 AM EDT
[#37]
There was no real surplus that stuff is all projected ( I will have two birds because they are in a bush) and almost no Gov numbers include unfunded liabilities (you know those really big number programs like SS).
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#38]
"The Entire System Has Been Utterly Destroyed By The MF Global Collapse"

BCM Has Ceased Operations (source)
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - November 17, AD 2011 10:27 AM MST
Dear Clients, Industry Colleagues and Friends of Barnhardt Capital Management,

It is with regret and unflinching moral certainty that I announce that Barnhardt Capital Management has ceased operations. After six years of operating as an independent introducing brokerage, and eight years of employment as a broker before that, I found myself, this morning, for the first time since I was 20 years old, watching the futures and options markets open not as a participant, but as a mere spectator.

The reason for my decision to pull the plug was excruciatingly simple: I could no longer tell my clients that their monies and positions were safe in the futures and options markets – because they are not. And this goes not just for my clients, but for every futures and options account in the United States. The entire system has been utterly destroyed by the MF Global collapse. Given this sad reality, I could not in good conscience take one more step as a commodity broker, soliciting trades that I knew were unsafe or holding funds that I knew to be in jeopardy.

The futures markets are very highly-leveraged and thus require an exceptionally firm base upon which to function....

Everything changed just a few short weeks ago. A firm, led by a crony of the Obama regime, stole all of the non-margined cash held by customers of his firm. Let’s not sugar-coat this or make this crime seem “complex” and “abstract” by drowning ourselves in six-dollar words and uber-technical jargon. Jon Corzine STOLE the customer cash at MF Global. Knowing Jon Corzine, and knowing the abject lawlessness and contempt for humanity of the Marxist Obama regime and its cronies, this is not really a surprise. What was a surprise was the reaction of the exchanges and regulators. Their reaction has been to take a bad situation and make it orders of magnitude worse. Specifically, they froze customers out of their accounts WHILE THE MARKETS CONTINUED TO TRADE, refusing to even allow them to liquidate. This is unfathomable...

I have learned over the last week that MF Global is almost certainly the mere tip of the iceberg.... the problem is a SYSTEMIC problem, not merely isolated to one firm.

...The futures and options markets are no longer viable. It is my recommendation that ALL customers withdraw from all of the markets as soon as possible so that they have the best chance of protecting themselves and their equity. The system is no longer functioning with integrity and is suicidally risk-laden. The rule of law is non-existent, instead replaced with godless, criminal political cronyism.

Finally, I will not, under any circumstance, consider reforming and re-opening Barnhardt Capital Management, or any other iteration of a brokerage business, until Barack Obama has been removed from office AND the government of the United States has been sufficiently reformed and repopulated so as to engender my total and complete confidence in the government, its adherence to and enforcement of the rule of law, and in its competent and just regulatory oversight of any commodities markets that may reform. So long as the government remains criminal, it would serve no purpose whatsoever to attempt to rebuild the futures industry or my firm, because in a lawless environment, the same thievery and fraud would simply happen again, and the criminals would go unpunished, sheltered by the criminal oligarchy...

With Best Regards-
Ann Barnhardt

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/entire-system-has-been-utterly-destroyed-mf-global-collapse-presenting-first-mf-global-casualty

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It is with regret and unflinching moral certainty that I announce that Barnhardt Capital Management has ceased operations. After six years of operating as an independent introducing brokerage, and eight years of employment as a broker before that, I found myself, this morning, for the first time since I was 20 years old, watching the futures and options markets open not as a participant, but as a mere spectator.

The reason for my decision to pull the plug was excruciatingly simple: I could no longer tell my clients that their monies and positions were safe in the futures and options markets – because they are not. And this goes not just for my clients, but for every futures and options account in the United States. The entire system has been utterly destroyed by the MF Global collapse. Given this sad reality, I could not in good conscience take one more step as a commodity broker, soliciting trades that I knew were unsafe or holding funds that I knew to be in jeopardy.

The futures markets are very highly-leveraged and thus require an exceptionally firm base upon which to function....

Everything changed just a few short weeks ago. A firm, led by a crony of the Obama regime, stole all of the non-margined cash held by customers of his firm. Let’s not sugar-coat this or make this crime seem “complex” and “abstract” by drowning ourselves in six-dollar words and uber-technical jargon. Jon Corzine STOLE the customer cash at MF Global. Knowing Jon Corzine, and knowing the abject lawlessness and contempt for humanity of the Marxist Obama regime and its cronies, this is not really a surprise. What was a surprise was the reaction of the exchanges and regulators. Their reaction has been to take a bad situation and make it orders of magnitude worse. Specifically, they froze customers out of their accounts WHILE THE MARKETS CONTINUED TO TRADE, refusing to even allow them to liquidate. This is unfathomable...

I have learned over the last week that MF Global is almost certainly the mere tip of the iceberg.... the problem is a SYSTEMIC problem, not merely isolated to one firm.

...The futures and options markets are no longer viable. It is my recommendation that ALL customers withdraw from all of the markets as soon as possible so that they have the best chance of protecting themselves and their equity. The system is no longer functioning with integrity and is suicidally risk-laden. The rule of law is non-existent, instead replaced with godless, criminal political cronyism.

Finally, I will not, under any circumstance, consider reforming and re-opening Barnhardt Capital Management, or any other iteration of a brokerage business, until Barack Obama has been removed from office AND the government of the United States has been sufficiently reformed and repopulated so as to engender my total and complete confidence in the government, its adherence to and enforcement of the rule of law, and in its competent and just regulatory oversight of any commodities markets that may reform. So long as the government remains criminal, it would serve no purpose whatsoever to attempt to rebuild the futures industry or my firm, because in a lawless environment, the same thievery and fraud would simply happen again, and the criminals would go unpunished, sheltered by the criminal oligarchy...

With Best Regards-
Ann Barnhardt

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/entire-system-has-been-utterly-destroyed-mf-global-collapse-presenting-first-mf-global-casualty

Holy shit, I know this is big, but I'm not quite smart enough to understand the whole thing. What does this mean? How does this effect the united states in the big picture?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything changed just a few short weeks ago. A firm, led by a crony of the Obama regime, stole all of the non-margined cash held by customers of his firm. Let’s not sugar-coat this or make this crime seem "complex” and "abstract” by drowning ourselves in six-dollar words and uber-technical jargon. Jon Corzine STOLE the customer cash at MF Global. Knowing Jon Corzine, and knowing the abject lawlessness and contempt for humanity of the Marxist Obama regime and its cronies, this is not really a surprise. What was a surprise was the reaction of the exchanges and regulators. Their reaction has been to take a bad situation and make it orders of magnitude worse. Specifically, they froze customers out of their accounts WHILE THE MARKETS CONTINUED TO TRADE, refusing to even allow them to liquidate. This is unfathomable...

With Best Regards-

Ann Barnhardt

Holy shit, I know this is big, but I'm not quite smart enough to understand the whole thing. What does this mean? How does this effect the united states in the big picture?

Who is John Galt?

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

don't scare me like that

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#42]
How did Corzine steal that money and how does this make the markets invalid?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything changed just a few short weeks ago. A firm, led by a crony of the Obama regime, stole all of the non-margined cash held by customers of his firm. Let’s not sugar-coat this or make this crime seem "complex” and "abstract” by drowning ourselves in six-dollar words and uber-technical jargon. Jon Corzine STOLE the customer cash at MF Global. Knowing Jon Corzine, and knowing the abject lawlessness and contempt for humanity of the Marxist Obama regime and its cronies, this is not really a surprise. What was a surprise was the reaction of the exchanges and regulators. Their reaction has been to take a bad situation and make it orders of magnitude worse. Specifically, they froze customers out of their accounts WHILE THE MARKETS CONTINUED TO TRADE, refusing to even allow them to liquidate. This is unfathomable...

With Best Regards-

Ann Barnhardt

Bank Holiday is a coming.

The only answer to prop this Bankrupt System happens to be theft, hence this state of constant 'Crisis' Mode; They can't cover up, their cover ups any longer. They've made Banks/Companies SO Big they can't prevent their Failures.

That's why WE run these crazy deficits; Global 'Elected' Representatives have to Steal Tax Revenues in an attempt to stay relevant.

This explains the finger pointing; The Crooks all need to be charged with Money Laundering/Larceny, and, most importantly, TREASON

Global Banks are Bankrupt. Hence the coming collapse of the Stock Market.

What do you think will happen when everyone 'cashes out'?

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

How did Corzine steal that money and how does this make the markets invalid?  Thanks.

Corzine isn't the only 'Genius' who 'Bet' wrong using other people's money; MF Global will be tied to the administration; like GE or Solyndra, etc.

The 'House' can't cover those bets, so who gets to break the first leg.

A 'Crook' always turns Rat, when push come to shove; Too many scandals that can't be covered up.

Wake Up 'Sheep'...

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#45]
So, should I be contributing to my 401k, or not?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Before 2008, I was putting in 25%.  Now I put in 8%, because my company matches up to that.

It's sort of playing both sides of the fence.  Recovery is an eventual certainty.  Dollar cost averaging will likely still apply sometime down the road.

I rebalance frequently and am still in a asset preservation mode - something like 2/3 protected 1/3 participating in the fallacy we call a market today.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before 2008, I was putting in 25%.  Now I put in 8%, because my company matches up to that.

It's sort of playing both sides of the fence.  Recovery is an eventual certainty.  Dollar cost averaging will likely still apply sometime down the road.
I rebalance frequently and am still in a asset preservation mode - something like 2/3 protected 1/3 participating in the fallacy we call a market today.

that's true but time is a mother fucker, the average 401k investor even with DCA has lost 10-12 years of time, it's gone forever, every ponzi some make money but most don't, most lose everything.

And lets not forget the ever increasing taxes, already we are seeing 10-20% hikes from booze to homes, how long you think those juicy 401Ks are going to sit untouched? you know why they are called 401Ks right? One stroke of a pen and that promised tax rate goes poof.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And lets not forget the ever increasing taxes, already we are seeing 10-20% hikes from booze to homes, how long you think those juicy 401Ks are going to sit untouched? you know why they are called 401Ks right? One stroke of a pen and that promised tax rate goes poof.

While I agree in principle, I don't think our legiscritters are quite that stupid.  Instead, I think that the value of your 401k, IRA, pension, etc. will be used for means testing to determine Social Security benefits.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree in principle, I don't think our legiscritters are quite that stupid.  Instead, I think that the value of your 401k, IRA, pension, etc. will be used for means testing to determine Social Security benefits.

Just look at what going on In Europe that's our future,  here they bleed workers now for 40+% by the end, it's a guarantee they will tax 401Ks more. What will people do riot, at 60, nope they will do what they do now, bitch moan and then pay, only people who have nothing or very little riot or commit violence(that's why welfare and like entitlements are never cut or the last to be), all Governments know this, so they won't take all your money they'll  let you keep just enough, just like now.
Page / 131
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top