Link Posted: 12/5/2012 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Dunham's refused to sell me a rifle because I wouldn't give the dickhead salesman my home phone number. Their loss. Bought elsewhere.
Apparently it was that hard to tell them 555-123-4567?

I told the guy my home phone number was not his business. And if I had had one it wouldn't have been. I have a business cell phone, that's it. The 4473 had been filled out, approved, and the gun paid for. He came to the cash register and demanded a home phone number. When I refused, he had my money refunded. I don't have to give any number, real or fake, to some fuck making up his own rules in any store.

I called Dunham's corporate offices and asked why this was a policy. They knew nothing about it. Said they would deal with it. As far as I knew the guy was using home numbers to case peoples houses. Call home where guns are known to be, no answer, self or friends burglarize houses.

We take phone numbers if we need to have you come back for a correction, if you get a delay etc. we already have your info what's the big deal about a phone number...  It's part of the 4473 paperwork.
I hate ppl like you who act like pricks.

What section on the 4473 asks for the phone number?

Right after the section for number of firearms.

I used to hold an FFL. The only time I asked any customer for a phone number was after a delay, and if they didn't want to give one, that was fine. I told them to call me later and I would let them know the status.

Please point out the section on 4473 where you claim a phone number is required:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

As far as being a "prick", if refusing any more personal information than is required to make the purchase, (especially since the purchase had already been completed), makes me a prick, so be it. You're not by chance the FFL in Kerrville, are you?

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top