Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Got mu stuff out a full month earlier than last year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Another poors boat
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Viking?
 Kept my SeaRay there years ago.
 Bought a place in Mystic.
 Great marina. Breezes gets a bunch of my $.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Viking?
 Kept my SeaRay there years ago.
 Bought a place in Mystic.
 Great marina. Breezes gets a bunch of my $.

Sure is.  This is my 3rd boat there.  What was your SeaRay's name?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Another Yamaha owner here (195S), although my boat has been in the shop for 3 months waiting on a damn warranty radio repair.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Poor checking in!

Attachment Attached File

It's not much, but we use it constantly, and being on the water is better than not being on the water!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Today was trip six to the lake for this year .

Tomorrow will be 7

I live to fish and I’m so happy that it’s fishing season again !
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Yesterday. Currently in Naples FL. Should be in Key West by Thursday night. I remembered to put the bilge plug in this time!!

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@BillyDBerger

I know that place, it appears we're both locals.
View Quote

Yessir.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@FS7 - we gotta meet up out on the water this year, maybe do a raft up with @CyberSEAL.

If I can ever get @AndBen to get out for a boat ride, we could even revive the oyster wars
View Quote

I thought we'd continue our tradition of saying it but never doing it.

I don't even know what the oyster wars were, but it sounds exciting.

Also, no boat should ever be that reflective. This is only five years old (four in the picture) and it's not that shiny. And it was the day I did the end of season polishing. Maybe if I were right up next to it I could've matched that. Doubtful though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Took the bowrider out yesterday. Analog speedo said 55 mph, the GPS indicated 49 mph. I wonder why my GPS is bad, maybe cloud cover and space trash and solar storms throwing it off...
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Took the bowrider out yesterday. Analog speedo said 55 mph, the GPS indicated 49 mph. I wonder why my GPS is bad, maybe cloud cover and space trash and solar storms throwing it off...
View Quote

Definitely the GPS is off.

That little pinhole on the drive that uses water pressure to guesstimate speed is one of the most accurate measuring instruments ever devised by man.

ETA: In all serious when I am navigating somewhere unfamiliar I use my Navionics app on the tablet. The GPS speed is in knots and the speedometer is statute miles per hour. They should always be different.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is how us poors do it. Looking foreward to some evenings spent like this.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1062/backlitboat-1804652.jpg
View Quote

Nothing wrong with any boat. Being on the water is infinitely better than not being on the water. Canoe or megayacht.

Well except pontoon boats
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with any boat. Being on the water is infinitely better than not being on the water. Canoe or megayacht.

Well except pontoon boats
View Quote

Love my pontoon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Love my pontoon.
View Quote

it was a joke. i think pontoon boat owners get a bad rap because they are the cool beginner boat right now. Just like bayliners were in the 80s/90s or PWC in the 90s. So when you see a beginner on a pontoon doing something stupid, people equate it to pontoon boats and not just that they are beginners and it would happen in whatever boat they owned.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Someday we'll have a boat!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Marina called me today actually and asked what my plan was. I told them to leave her in the building until the last weekend in April pending weather. The In/Out service starts on May 1st. We bought a 98' Powerquest Legend 260 from friends at the tail end of the summer so I'm excited. Unfortunately I lost my job last month and another is not forth coming. Might be hanging by the pier a lot lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

it was a joke. i think pontoon boat owners get a bad rap because they are the cool beginner boat right now. Just like bayliners were in the 80s/90s or PWC in the 90s. So when you see a beginner on a pontoon doing something stupid, people equate it to pontoon boats and not just that they are beginners and it would happen in whatever boat they owned.
View Quote

To be fair, everybody still hates PWCs, Bayliners and pontoons
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m in Florida

Water is still too cold for my old ass.

We did go out yesterday to fish a bit, I’m giving the wife fly casting lessons.
View Quote

Kings?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pontoons are easy to get off the beach at the island when the GA folks run them full throttle onto the sand.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can attest to this as I have those and a boat and see the attitude differences from LEO and others alike.

To be fair, I've seen some real F'ing retards and assholes on PWC's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Add kayaks to that .

Douchebags who back their Subaru down the ramp and proceed to spend 20 minutes getting their shit ready
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

True.

At least around me, it seems like the boat clubs are taking the top spot for most annoying.  Maybe it is just because they opened a Freedom Boat club near me. We had one last year where the people's kid shit himself. They decided to clean in and the bathing suit in the water. It was a beach where everyone goes. Boats are beached 5 ft from each other. Nothing like playing in the water where someone is washing shit bathing suit. Oh and they let the kid run around Winnie the Poohing it while this was going on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Also hate the operators of the parasail boats- they never slow down for anyone, zip between every boat in the channel, just WOT to and from offshore to fly some yankees over the sharks they can't see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

True.

At least around me, it seems like the boat clubs are taking the top spot for most annoying.  Maybe it is just because they opened a Freedom Boat club near me. We had one last year where the people's kid shit himself. They decided to clean in and the bathing suit in the water. It was a beach where everyone goes. Boats are beached 5 ft from each other. Nothing like playing in the water where someone is washing shit bathing suit. Oh and they let the kid run around Winnie the Poohing it while this was going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Freedom boat club has I think 6 boats at my marina now.  Half pontoons, half bayliners.  The sad part is at one point the employees scared me more than the customers.  Apparently knowing how to run a boat is not a job requirement for them despite being responsible for taking them to the gas dock every day.  Those poor boats were so beat up in just a year from those morons running them into the dock constantly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pontoons are easy to get off the beach at the island when the GA folks run them full throttle onto the sand.
View Quote

Last year there was a group that beached their pontoon hard. I was standing there and told them to move to the back and bounce a bit, and me and two other guys got them moved out a bit. They told me that's what the rental place told them to do. I explained that that only works in certain places depending on the slope of the bottom, and they should either anchor normally or anchor to a tree or on the beach if they wanted to stay there.

They had no idea what I was talking about. I then told them high tide had just passed and the boat would be getting harder and harder to move, so they needed to keep an eye on it. Needless to say, they did nothing, and within an hour or so 85% of the boat was on the sand.

I think they ended up having to have somebody come pick up all the passengers (maybe the rental place) while one person got to stick around until 1 AM until the tide came back in enough for a tow to dislodge them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#32]
It's always boating season here. Going deep sea fishing this weekend. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I bought my first boat this year, a used Nautic Star 21.5 Bay Boat.

She's already got some dock rash so I won't feel too bad about scuffing her up a bit
as I learn to run this thing.

Was going to go out on the lake today but it's supposed to storm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#34]
What's a good wakeboard for teens and young adults to use, especially if they've never wakeboarded before?  

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Bad day and not even in the water.

Leroy Done Messed Up! Whaler 210 Montauk High And Dry - E85
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What's a good wakeboard for teens and young adults to use, especially if they've never wakeboarded before?  

View Quote

Almost any sport boat that's over 19' and 150ish hp will work. I've seen it done behind a pontoon but it looks suboptimal.

Any direct drive or v-drive 'ski boat' will be better. Typical prices around my AO range from $10k for something from the 90's to $250k+ for new.

Direct drive is a bit tricky in reverse because the prop is stationary and the water flow is away from the rudder.

V-drive is the typical wake board setup. Direct drive is more geared toward the ski disciplines.

You can probably buy a late 90's early 00's mastercraft, malibu, or Nautique with a wake tower and trailer for $20k that may have ballast bags.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Had a great time at the sandbar again today.  Beautiful day in south Florida.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Almost any sport boat that's over 19' and 150ish hp will work. I've seen it done behind a pontoon but it looks suboptimal.

Any direct drive or v-drive 'ski boat' will be better. Typical prices around my AO range from $10k for something from the 90's to $250k+ for new.

Direct drive is a bit tricky in reverse because the prop is stationary and the water flow is away from the rudder.

V-drive is the typical wake board setup. Direct drive is more geared toward the ski disciplines.

You can probably buy a late 90's early 00's mastercraft, malibu, or Nautique with a wake tower and trailer for $20k that may have ballast bags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all good info. I just meant what board is a good one. Seems like there are so many sizes and designs.

I've got a 24' Yamaha, but no ballasts.  Daughter wants to just get pulled so not trying to surf.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#39]
What ever happened to that big thread where the dude got a free houseboat and was fixing the outboard drive?

That thing was epic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's all good info. I just meant what board is a good one. Seems like there are so many sizes and designs.

I've got a 24' Yamaha, but no ballasts.  Daughter wants to just get pulled so not trying to surf.  

View Quote

For beginners we have liked the obrian freeboard. It can do knee board, surf, just lay on it or whatever they feel like doing. The handles really help beginners. You can attach the rope to the front of the board or they can hold the rope.

https://www.obrien.com/products/obrien-freeboard-v2?title=default%2520title

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Took advantage of the softer boat market and bought a new one. Never had a new boat, its a weird feeling.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Hoping to get on the water in May..we’ll see how the weather goes..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Only decent picture I have is of the empty chair.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

It needs to warm up a bit but I’m looking forward to this sailing season.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Came in expecting boat ramp shenanigans.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#47]
IMG_0583 by mscout118, on Flickr" />

IMG_0582 by mscout118, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#48]
All clean and ready to pull some tournaments

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is how us poors do it. Looking foreward to some evenings spent like this.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1062/backlitboat-1804652.jpg
View Quote

Yes here is my new free fishing boat for this year.. Did some work to the free boat of course, but buying a new boat is the absolute worse decision one can ever make.. Only wise Boat investment to me is a free one.. My last three Boats were free as a matter of fact.. People all eventually come to their senses and give them away.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Still wrapped up here in the PNW.  Soo though.  

" />
 " />
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top