Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2024 6:37:50 PM EDT
Missus jos51700 stepped up to the plate thirteen years ago, when her sister couldn't take proper care of her own kids, and took on all four of her sister's kids. Missus was single at the time, with one son of her own, and she took on the other four AND looked after her mom who had cancer while also dealing with some mega healthcare issues (100% disability). Zero support from her son's dad. Missus made a LOT of sacrifices to get all these kids raised up right. Two and three jobs at a time, wearing used clothes to make sure her kids had new, buying cars, paying insurance, and all that, on one earner.

All five kids have grown up and moved out (I helped her son move into his first apartment last Father's Day) and missus and I started dating over a year and a half ago. She hadn't dated at all for the last twelve years prior, so there weren't any men around.

I've really regretted not having kids, and the missus and I are kinda past that point. Today, one of the nieces (who considers the missus to be her mom) gave me a father's day card and a bag full of goodies. She basically told me I'm the closest thing to a father that she's ever had.

Today, I cried like a baby.  

One of the missus other kids once told me I'm the most masculine man he's ever met (I work on cars and fix shit, but I'm no lumberjack or military man).

Hug those kids, and to a predominantly male Arfcom: don't forget, you never who might be looking up to you, and there's a definite shortage of real men in America today. These kids need men to be men. They need men to look up to, to trust, and to learn from.

Step up to the plate, fellas. Children today, even if they're not yours, they still need you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Well done!  And extremely true in today's Amerika!
Top Top