Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh this is terrible news! Tell me at least nobody misgendered them, though!!!

Also, "Army" and vessel probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence. If I can't carry it on my back, I don't need it
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh this is terrible news! Tell me at least nobody misgendered them, though!!!

Also, "Army" and vessel probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence. If I can't carry it on my back, I don't need it
View Quote
The Army has had their own landing craft and vessels for a long, long time. As Josh pointed out, different missions/needs.

I heard you like LARCs...

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What a joke. The entire shit show.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Mongo just prawn in game of lift.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
To stave off a little of the pissing contest, the following quote from A NAVAL magazine (Proceedings)

Many Americans—including many people within the Department of Defense—do not know that the U.S. Army has a large “navy.” It is called Army watercraft, and within this field are about 300 vessels and 2000 soldiers with the specific 880 and 881 military occupational skill (MOS). Army vessels range in size from 75-foot small tugs (STs) to 315-foot logistic support vessels (LSVs) in active and reserve service. Army warrant officers and soldiers man these vessels, with an LSV crew consisting of 8 officers and 27 soldiers. Small tugs operate mainly in harbors and roadsteads, LSVs and 128-foot large tugs (LTs) operate worldwide and are designed and equipped to undertake ocean crossings. Annually the Army commits $120 million dollars to maintain its waterborne capability.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Despite USN and USMC propaganda, the Army has done more landings and put far more men and material ashore via beach landings, than any other service.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Army boats?  Landing craft?

Despite USN and USMC propaganda, the Army has done more landings and put far more men and material ashore via beach landings, than any other service.

D day was minor league compared to the Pacific, and that was a Navy operation, dispute the fact that lots of army units were involved.
The tyranny of distance is very real when you are invading from 5k miles away.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why is this operation even necessary?

Hopefully, the Israelis don't "mistake" the floundering US vessels for hostile war ships and attack them.
View Quote

The operation isn't necessary as there are direct land routes available for aid through Egypt and Israel.   The army isn't necessary either, so the .gov makes up reasons to keep them around, and apparently, one of the reasons is running vessels aground.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I never though that that pier was a good plan.....at all !!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the Army has boats. In the Transportation and Engineer Corps.  At least they did while I was serving.  In fact There were quite a few to include hover craft that were used at Ft Eustis (no idea what they call that place now.)  The Army even had some RO-RO (Roll On - Roll Off) ships with pre-positioned loads.  

Of course all of this was during the latter days of the cold war.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Floating Causeway, lol.  Not exactly designed to go plowing through the surf on a rough day.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

D day was minor league compared to the Pacific, and that was a Navy operation, dispute the fact that lots of army units were involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much wrong in such a short post. Congratulations I guess. It's like advanced ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Well... I'm not seeing any mysterious secret bloodstains that have been kept secret...
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
And some of y’all think we can defeat China. Lmao
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Gunner226

My freedom sure feels defended. Glad we have people to "just follow orders" like this.
View Quote

But, did they?  It is falling apart....
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Is that ship, in the distance, with possibly hundreds of containers, bound for the terrorist area?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Generally on navy landing craft but I will concede they do landings, or at least did historically.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Whatever you do, don't Google how many Marines were at the largest and most important beach landing in history
View Quote

The army chiefs specifically kept the Marines out of D day and “their” theater.   They didn’t want any PR to go to the Marines.   Didn’t matter as there weren’t enough Marines for the Pacific theater, Army was still needed there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Let’s hope they fare better being so close to our “greatest ally” than the USS Liberty did
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Another victim of public schooling makes himself obvious.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Shit happens but I wonder if Israel will send us a towing bill?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah you're probably right. Looking back into it they were talking about prior to/during WWII. Then later I know for a fact a Drill Sergeant told me the same was still true, then again they say a lot of shit that ain't. But my stat on the Army v Marine Pacific participation is true at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe if you're counting zodiacs and pretending NSW doesn't exist.  Otherwise I don't think so.

Yeah you're probably right. Looking back into it they were talking about prior to/during WWII. Then later I know for a fact a Drill Sergeant told me the same was still true, then again they say a lot of shit that ain't. But my stat on the Army v Marine Pacific participation is true at least.

I have definitely been told that as well, it's a common thing people say.  Same as people saying the Navy has more aircraft than the USAF -- I don't think that's accurate either although it might be closer b/c we do have a fuckton of aircraft in the Navy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the question in my mind is what was more important to the command team in charge of this than making sure they did their job correctly?
It smells like a case of the junior guys being told to shut up and color or “ just get it done” probably by some asinine timeline for what?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Retards
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think the question in my mind is what was more important to the command team in charge of this than making sure they did their job correctly?
It smells like a case of the junior guys being told to shut up and color or " just get it done" probably by some asinine timeline for what?
View Quote
I'm not going to judge, beach ops can be a bitch. The beaches at Camp Pendleton could be tricky as hell to land craft on. There was a strong littoral current that ran from south to north (that could run 5mph) and there were usually a double set sand bars just off the beach, broached landing craft were very common. We had a D-7 dozer on site with old tires cushioning the blade specifically for dealing with stuck/broached craft.

ETA: This was always the first LCU to the beach, The LARC-V is loaded first because they start floating in about 4' of water, that allowed us to know if it was safe to ford vehicles, the D-7 is loaded right behind it.

ETA: 2 the front end loader right behind the dozer carries a roll of fiberglass matting that facilitates getting wheeled vehicles over the high water mark/soft sand

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Army has more boats than the other branches put together
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Army has more boats than the other branches put together
This is true.  Army also used to operate deep water piers overseas.

And Navy has more aircraft than the Zoomies, but Army might have more aircraft (rotary and fixed wing) than either Navy or Zoomies.  It's why you can go straight from HS to pilot via Army Warrant program; they need a lot of pilots.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Retards
View Quote

Don't worry scro'! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some on GD claim the Army is the largest Navy of the UD, because they have more boats.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are you figuring that number based on casualties, Numbers of participants or beaches landed on?
L
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, the US ARMY has conducted three times the number of beach landings as the Marines.

Maybe you should learn some history?

Are you figuring that number based on casualties, Numbers of participants or beaches landed on?
L

The specific number is a challenge to compute. Just looking at WWII, the Invasion of the Philippines alone involved 10 Army divisions and five major islands but there were a dozen others. The same applies to the Aleutians, Marianas, New Guinea, Gilbert, Marshall Island campaigns. On the other side of the world, the Army conducted at seven amphibious landings D-Day being the most famous. Add other US wars and the numbers significantly favor the Army. A cursory count lists over 40 Army amphibious campaigns/battles with some having multiple landings as just described.

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Waste of money, but joe didn't have it built. Obama did
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Shouldnt have sent the Army to do a job more suited to  the Navy....
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Army has definitely found the ground.  
View Quote

Maybe they were suffering from scurvy and went looking for citrus fruit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whatever you do, don't Google how many Marines were at the largest and most important beach landing in history
View Quote

How many atomic bombs lifted off from Normandy?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
US boots on the ground in Gaza!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126713/Screenshot_2024-05-25_at_12_01_21_PM_jpg-3223069.JPG

View Quote

God sure has one hell of a sense of humor, sending the floating dock to Israel, lol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Whelp, we officially have boots on the ground in Gaza. Might as well get it on and help sweep out the rats. What did they forget to account for the tides? What a ridiculous boondoggle.
View Quote

Ashdod is not in Gaza.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is that ship, in the distance, with possibly hundreds of containers, bound for the terrorist area?
View Quote

The article said we're sending them 150 truck per day, so yeah that and many more huge ships of our shit is being given to terrorists once again.

We need an entire new government, not one person can remain, that's the only way we get this country back on track.

Unfortunately, I don't ever see it happening, sure hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many were needed?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Waste of money, but joe didn't have it built. Obama did
View Quote

Why give Joe an out? Pile all this shit as his feet, he's the face of the country right now and giving him an out not only makes us look foolish, but it also allows the news to deflect to another person.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:28:28 AM EDT
[#43]
They should call someone for help that knows about boats and shit...
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess they can add this to the list....
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:31:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They said No American Boats on the Ground!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This whole thing was stupid.
View Quote

Yep..
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:47:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Retards
View Quote
Diverse, and Inclusive leadership.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

$320 million dollars, to support people who cheered on 9/11.

No money for the US border tho.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:56:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many Atomic bombs did the USMC deploy?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

But aren't landing craft supposed to run around?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But aren't landing craft supposed to run around?
Do what now?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top