Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By guns762:

I'm starting to believe you and one of my team leaders are conversing behind my back.

There will be no working fans in the tubes!!!!!   The fibers are too heavy to be affected by anything that we would have hooked up in there even if we entertained this idea.

They still  want to put blow up fans for Christmas decorations in there with plastic santa material blowing.

View Quote

Too funny
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:50:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]

It might have just gotten bumped....but this was there Friday and now it's missing.   We had a threat of vandalism to our project earlier in the year.   I'm really hoping this is not what took place.

The same student(non art student) vandalized our Mission To Mars project several times last year, but even with witness's confirming the actions, nothing happened.  I hope it was simply knocked off by accident, but we can't find it anywhere.   Accidents happen, but the vandalism is something very new the last two years.  

https://i.imgur.com/HBssk2b.jpg
View Quote

That sucks. I hate vandals. Vandals are why my High School’s mens rooms didn’t have stall doors, and why the High School in my current town had to take out all of the soap dispensers.  Someone was urinating in them as part of some TikTok thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]

It might have just gotten bumped....but this was there Friday and now it's missing.   We had a threat of vandalism to our project earlier in the year.   I'm really hoping this is not what took place.

The same student(non art student) vandalized our Mission To Mars project several times last year, but even with witness's confirming the actions, nothing happened.  I hope it was simply knocked off by accident, but we can't find it anywhere.   Accidents happen, but the vandalism is something very new the last two years.  

View Quote

Sounds like the vandal could use some off-site wall-to-wall counseling.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Nothing CoC to say... though this would have already been addressed by a few of us involved in the project in my day...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Vandals deserve something that is against the CoC.
I hope it was just an accident.

Sorry that some POS messed with you and your students art in the past, even more sorry nothing came of it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wait until the hydraulic pump goes out on that Genie GS1930

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

You might point out to the Administration that inaction puts the vandal's safety at risk.  Artists are known to be short tempered and do things like cut off ears and send them through the mail.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I wonder if this clown knows just how many people are "invested" in your projects...maybe some people with black suits, dark glasses, and earpieces should visit...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By armoredman:  I wonder if this clown knows just how many people are "invested" in your projects...maybe some people with black suits, dark glasses, and earpieces should visit...
View Quote

Careful, bud.  The Feebs like to investigate people around schools these days.  If the Administration doesn't handle it, the students will, I'm sure.  The last people I would ever want to screw with would be student taxidermists.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
The last people I would ever want to screw with would be student taxidermists.
View Quote

Man...if that isn't made into an Art Support T-shirt, I'm going to be very disappointed!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#17]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Careful, bud.  The Feebs like to investigate people around schools these days.  If the Administration doesn't handle it, the students will, I'm sure.  The last people I would ever want to screw with would be student taxidermists.
View Quote

Those WOULD be Feebs...:) And taxidermists can make sure they stay a stuffed shirt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:

That sucks. I hate vandals. Vandals are why my High School’s mens rooms didn’t have stall doors, and why the High School in my current town had to take out all of the soap dispensers.  Someone was urinating in them as part of some TikTok thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:

Vandalism is one of the most cowardly attacks you can do. Ruin someone else's work, or car, or home, and be out of the area when they find out.

At leadt if you punch someone in the mouth you see their reaction to it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok the vandal issue has been well covered. Let's get back on track. I'd hate to see someone take something said here to heart and do it. It would end very badly for the school, art class and possibly this forum.

EBR
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:27:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:42:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:41:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#24]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Nitrile gloves + Acetone   >   Bare skin + Acetone
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By xanadu:
Nitrile gloves + Acetone   >   Bare skin + Acetone
View Quote

Bare skin + Acetone = Educational.

I guarantee a lesson would be learned.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By redoubt:

Bare skin + Acetone = Educational.

I guarantee a lesson would be learned.
View Quote

Acetone + no exhaust fan = Lung Transplant.

And Don't even ask me how I know. 4 years six months ago.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#30]
COCKPIT TO TOWER Coms

Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"
Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tower: "TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."
TWA 2341: "Centre, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"
Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"

O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a
Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."
United 329: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the
little Fokker in sight."

There's a story about the military pilot calling for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked".
Air Traffic Control told the fighter jock that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down. "Ah," the fighter pilot remarked, "The dreaded seven-engine approach."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the active runway while a DC-8 landed. The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around, and taxied back past the Cherokee.

Some quick-witted comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said,
"What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?"

The Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with a real zinger:

"I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I'll have
enough parts for another one."

EBR

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:04:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#32]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd say right after the "Negative Ghostrider" line should come a flyby sound, a yell and "I want some butt!" If you can get away with that, or "I want some (squelch noise)!"
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:36:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoosierhick] [#34]
It's not a track from a movie, but the audio starting at about 58 seconds into this video would be good.

F-22 Raptor Afterburner Takeoffs
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Our canopy splash got a bit more detail yesterday.
https://i.imgur.com/YaKg0QJ.jpg

View Quote

The splash looks fantastic!  I don’t suppose you took pics of the steps to do it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Hello New Student!  Welcome to a class where you learn cool stuff while being watched by complete strangers across the globe.

No pressure.

Good luck to Team Leader on his new political path!  I’m sure he’ll come back with stories ....and I hope you pass them along to us here at arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#39]
That napalm is going to look awesome when it's complete. I like how the lights create "hot spots" where the polyfill is thinner.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#40]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Update 1/28

--SNIP--

These appeared yesterday morning.
I was shown they are also active and live.  

--SNIP--
View Quote

Getting the custodian on board with these projects really is paying dividends, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I feel a good ass beating would have paid more dividends in the long run than normalizing surveillance, but at least now you can do a stop motion montage of your projects taking shape.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#44]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm thinking a variation of the SR71 ground speed check would be cool on your tower coms.

You could do some cool stuff with the call signs for your various planes to date, the Soptwith, the BF109, could even do the Space shuttle.

https://www.thesr71blackbird.com/Aircraft/Stories/sr-71-blackbird-speed-check-story

Major Brian Shul, USAF (Ret.) SR-71 Blackbird 'Speed Check'
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#50]

I'll make sure to pass along your comment.  

I didn't get a chance to get an updated photo yesterday.    She's got some black on the upper side, and a bit more black filled in below.   She's definitely figured out how to capture the reference photo she is using.  
View Quote

I’ll second the motion, the napalm is looking good!
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top