Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Fallout Amazon series (Page 36 of 37)
Page / 37
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Just finished it. Thought it was great! I hope season 2 doesn’t disappoint.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Adam Savage Goes Hands-On with Pip-Boy Prop from Fallout TV Show!
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -daddy:

Part of the schtick, naivety eventually meats the real world in a cheeky fashion
View Quote

Nobody can be that stupid.

It's so irritating. Atleast Lucy is somewhat intelligent and can adapt.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote

Have you met any real people?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope season two has a bunch of service rifles
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Couch-Commando] [#7]
Wired up my mini TV  to accept rca input. While the nuka cola machines in new vegas never played anything on the TV, I'm going to cycle through ads from the game.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:
View Quote
Can we get PSA/H&R to do a run of A1 lowers with NCR markings? Lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Finally finished the season. Kept falling asleep during some episodes. Characters are uninteresting and downright stupid except for the ghoul.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Terrato:
That's Fantastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Terrato:
Originally Posted By nvgeologist:
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

"This is made difficult by the fact that he's dead. This is solvable through science or art, or both."

What are you a theoretical physicist?
I have a theoretical degree in physics.
That's Fantastic.

Did you just dox nvgeologist?  I had no idea he was running Helios One.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wingnutx:
Ghouls don't have that freakish healing and resistance to damage, they just don't age anymore.
View Quote

Unpopular take:  It's a healing factor mutation serum from Fallout 76
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
View All Quotes

An NCR themed lower was pitched in the big PSA thread.  We caught shit from the normies thinking we were retarded for wanting a California themed lower.

They'd probably infringe on Bethesda's copyright and trademarks by doing it, so I doubt they'll do it, and the chances of getting license is basically 0.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Finally finished the season. Kept falling asleep during some episodes. Characters are uninteresting and downright stupid except for the ghoul.
View Quote

Yeah, if you look past the nostalgia / "ooo, it's the Fallout universe!" factor, it's a really dumb show.

While the ghoul character is interesting... do we really need to spend 20 minutes of every episode showing his past life in great detail? Probably not...

And the tranny.... holy shit I was hoping they would kill him/her/it off in that battle at the observatory.... talk about a character that provides nothing to the story, but serves only to check off some DEI checkbox for the production company... JFC.

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

An NCR themed lower was pitched in the big PSA thread.  We caught shit from the normies thinking we were retarded for wanting a California themed lower.

They'd probably infringe on Bethesda's copyright and trademarks by doing it, so I doubt they'll do it, and the chances of getting license is basically 0.
View Quote
I suppose you're right. But if one didn't care about markings, PSA does sell basically everything needed.

A1 Clone
https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-blem-retro-m16a1-style-20-5-56-1-12-rifle-black.html

Wood furniture
https://palmettostatearmory.com/h-r-m16a1-wood-furniture-kit-black-walnut.html

I just looked at the crude 3d model from the original New Vegas game, and the lower does not have a mag fence, while the upper has a brass deflector and forward assist. The first lower I ever bought was a Nodak Spud 601 lower, which has been assembled into numerous guns but is currently sitting disassembled in a box. Hmm...
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Unpopular take:  It's a healing factor mutation serum from Fallout 76
View Quote

I’m pretty sure it’s FEV, that gentleman is on his way to become a super mutant.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -daddy:

Part of the schtick, naivety eventually meats the real world in a cheeky fashion

Think of how stupid the average person is.  Half the people in the world are more stupid.    Sure they can be that stupid and it's not like Vaulttec was selecting for intelligence in most cases.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#17]
You know, the NCR seems like the least psychotic of all the various factions in the series and game.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

I’m pretty sure it’s FEV, that gentleman is on his way to become a super mutant.
View Quote

Why would random bubbas in a department store with a Mr. Handy have FEV in injectors?

I think JET makes the most sense, given the application device and how it’s sourced from the hillbillies in the store. JET doesnt make sense for staving off further feralness though… Maybe he was just experiencing withdrawls.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:35:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#19]
You know, the NCR seems like the least psychotic of all the various factions in the series and game.

View Quote

All the factions suck. That’s kind of the point.

Someone getting killed with a junkjet in the first episode was bad ass.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Just started playing FO4. I'm at the Police Station, responding to a distress call. Turns out they're not "police", they're BoS.

I showed up in power armor. Shouldn't they be wanting to kill me and take my shit? Lol. I thought that was BoS's MO. Finding tech, taking it from the person and killing them?
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Just started playing FO4. I'm at the Police Station, responding to a distress call. Turns out they're not "police", they're BoS.

I showed up in power armor. Shouldn't they be wanting to kill me and take my shit? Lol. I thought that was BoS's MO. Finding tech, taking it from the person and killing them?
View Quote

The Brotherhood aren't just crazy murderers. Usually.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

All the factions suck. That's kind of the point.
View Quote

Yeah, though NCR is the least bad. But true, there is no easy good guy team you can join up with.

I played FONV like 5 months ago. And starting FO4. And I am acting like a fucking Vault Dweller acting as if I can trust any of these MF'ers. Like I forgot all the hard lessons of New Vegas.

You have to be as paranoid about the fuckers you deal with in Fallout as the Kremlin is paranoid about everything. Lol
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AndyandKevinsux:

Why would random bubbas in a department store with a Mr. Handy have FEV in injectors?

I think JET makes the most sense, given the application device and how it’s sourced from the hillbillies in the store. JET doesnt make sense for staving off further feralness though… Maybe he was just experiencing withdrawls.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

We were discussing what was given to Thaddeus by Dr Chicken Fucker.

I also doubt it was any form of FEV though. Even the Institute couldn't refine that into something that amazingly good.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Started rewatching and there are some major plot holes.

Moldaver is not a ghoul, but is over 200 years old.

If she was in cryo she wouldn’t have the 200 year old ghoul of Lucy’s mom, nor built an empire.

Moldaver knew and cared for Lucy and her mom yet sent someone to fuck and then kill Lucy?

Hank somehow didn’t recognize her when she infiltrated the vault, but then knows who she is at the end of the vault raid?

I genuinely think they changed directions at the very last moment to make Moldaver into a good guy and fucked some of their story up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

If she was in cryo she wouldn’t have the 200 year old ghoul of Lucy’s mom, nor built an empire.
View All Quotes

The show never explains how Moldaver survived, we are left to assume she had some form of cryo tech like the Vault Tec executives. She met Lucy's mom when Lucy's mom fled the fault and wound up in Shady Sands, where Moldaver was already some sort of leader. When the vault nuked Shady Sands Lucy's mom turned into a ghoul from exposure to the bomb.

Moldaver knew and cared for Lucy and her mom yet sent someone to fuck and then kill Lucy?

Hank somehow didn’t recognize her when she infiltrated the vault, but then knows who she is at the end of the vault raid?

I genuinely think they changed directions at the very last moment to make Moldaver into a good guy and fucked some of their story up.

Entirely possible. The only way you can justify Moldaver trying to kill Lucy is that she assumes Hank's influence had made her a hardcore vault dweller, and thus the enemy of the Nude California Republic. There is something of a question of whether Hank would have met Moldaver when he left the vault to retrieve Lucy from Shady Sands... we are left to assume that either by some magic coincidence he never met her, or he did and he is trapped by not mentioning she is from the outside because that would reveal to the vault that not only had he left the vault but that the vault had nuked an established government on the outside. So either Hank, a guy who nuked a whole city to hide its existence from the vault was willing to sacrifice a lot of his own vault to continue that lie, or he just didn't know who Moldaver was... either way is functional yet kind of goofy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

The chicken fucker may have had the fev. I don't think dude is going to turn into a ghoul, iirc, that's from exposure to radiation.

Yeah, though NCR is the least bad. But true, there is no easy good guy team you can join up with.

I played FONV like 5 months ago. And starting FO4. And I am acting like a fucking Vault Dweller acting as if I can trust any of these MF'ers. Like I forgot all the hard lessons of New Vegas.

You have to be as paranoid about the fuckers you deal with in Fallout as the Kremlin is paranoid about everything. Lol
View Quote

Fo4 has the worst story line of any of the ones I've played (3, NV and some of 4).  In 4, all of the factions are garbage and you basically have to pick one. At the time, I had friends that helped different factions, so I decided to help the railroad so we could compare our stories and I got bored with it and quit playing.

I don't get to play games basically at all anymore but if I was going to play again, I'd probably start a new character in NV.  IMO, it's got the best story, enough crafting and mods to your equipment to be interesting without it being annoying like the settlements in 4.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Adam Savage is a full blown commie retard.
Tried watching one of the build videos on his youtube channel recently and he started ranting about "late stage capitalism" within the first 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Mike says he was told “no video game guns”.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I suppose you're right. But if one didn't care about markings, PSA does sell basically everything needed.

A1 Clone
https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-blem-retro-m16a1-style-20-5-56-1-12-rifle-black.html

Wood furniture

I just looked at the crude 3d model from the original New Vegas game, and the lower does not have a mag fence, while the upper has a brass deflector and forward assist. The first lower I ever bought was a Nodak Spud 601 lower, which has been assembled into numerous guns but is currently sitting disassembled in a box. Hmm...
View All Quotes

A1 Clone

Wood furniture

601 lower, C7 upper(looks like a large button fwd assist), pencil barrel with a A1 flash hider, though I used a 3prong on mine because i wanted to, wood furniture from PSA or Blackriflewood.com. As close as you get unless someone makes a side-charging C7 upper.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

The chicken fucker may have had the fev. I don't think dude is going to turn into a ghoul, iirc, that's from exposure to radiation.

Fo4 has the worst story line of any of the ones I've played (3, NV and some of 4).  In 4, all of the factions are garbage and you basically have to pick one. At the time, I had friends that helped different factions, so I decided to help the railroad so we could compare our stories and I got bored with it and quit playing.

I don't get to play games basically at all anymore but if I was going to play again, I'd probably start a new character in NV.  IMO, it's got the best story, enough crafting and mods to your equipment to be interesting without it being annoying like the settlements in 4.
View All Quotes

Yeah, he's not a ghoul. Knight Maximus Dumbassus was just stupid and Lucy doesn't know any better to challenge it.

It's a mutation of some sort. Probably not FEV. That'd be pretty lore breaking if Dr Chicken Fucker could concoct that in the ruins of a bombed out clinic, unless Thaddeus starts gaining progressively more severe mutations in S2, I think we can rule out FEV.

And I'm telling you all, even though 76 is the bastard step-child of the franchise, it's the "Healing Factor" mutation serum.  The comments about colors definitely hinted at that, as the fluxes used for serums are referenced by different colors.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
View Quote

It had about two hours of content packed into a whole series
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Yeah, he's not a ghoul. Knight Maximus Dumbassus was just stupid and Lucy doesn't know any better to challenge it.

It's a mutation of some sort. Probably not FEV. That'd be pretty lore breaking if Dr Chicken Fucker could concoct that in the ruins of a bombed out clinic, unless Thaddeus starts gaining progressively more severe mutations in S2, I think we can rule out FEV.

And I'm telling you all, even though 76 is the bastard step-child of the franchise, it's the "Healing Factor" mutation serum.  The comments about colors definitely hinted at that, as the fluxes used for serums are referenced by different colors.
View All Quotes

I think JET makes the most sense, given the application device and how it's sourced from the hillbillies in the store. JET doesnt make sense for staving off further feralness though  Maybe he was just experiencing withdrawls.

I'm with you on all of this.

Nearly every game had a nod in the series, and that may end up being 76's
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#33]
One thing that has been bothering me.  Moldaver is the head of the NCR right?  Why did she bring raiders into Vault 33 to try and kill anyone instead of NCR troops?  Are NCR troops in the series basically raiders?
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:32:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#34]
Originally Posted By k-wad:

Tried watching one of the build videos on his youtube channel recently and he started ranting about "late stage capitalism" within the first 5 minutes.
View All Quotes

I don’t really get wound up by an entertainer’s politics.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Loved it, just in the thread to see how many bitter joyless arfcommers dont.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
One thing that has been bothering me.  Moldaver is the head of the NCR right?  Why did she bring raiders into Vault 33 to try and kill anyone instead of NCR troops?  Are NCR troops in the series basically raiders?
View Quote

The show doesn't go into detail, but the "raiders" are possibly the remnant of the NCR from Shady Sands. Or they are just regular raiders that Moldaver leads in her little Griffith Observatory hippy commune Nude California Republic base.

Realistically the NCR had to have had far more towns and bases than just Shady Sands, and the show is kind of oversimplifying the NCR in both size and viability. Nuking Shady Sands would be like someone nuking Sacramento... it wouldn't suddenly make the rest of California vanish. I think the writers just wanted to eliminate the NCR as a faction and this was their way of doing it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
I am guardedly optimistic.

Like everyone else, I am worried about woke bullshit, but I think it absolutely COULD be really good.  Fingers crossed.
View Quote

yeah...could you imagine them making Goggins character a transvestite transexual?
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

The show doesn't go into detail, but the "raiders" are possibly the remnant of the NCR from Shady Sands. Or they are just regular raiders that Moldaver leads in her little Griffith Observatory hippy commune Nude California Republic base.

Realistically the NCR had to have had far more towns and bases than just Shady Sands, and the show is kind of oversimplifying the NCR in both size and viability. Nuking Shady Sands would be like someone nuking Sacramento... it wouldn't suddenly make the rest of California vanish. I think the writers just wanted to eliminate the NCR as a faction and this was their way of doing it.
View Quote

Doesn't the show take place before new Vegas though?
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Doesn't the show take place before new Vegas though?
View Quote

New Vegas the game takes place in 2281, the TV show takes place in 2296.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Watched it, was OK.  But nothing very good.

As with every series, 8 hours is too much for writers to come up with plots and scripts for, so there's lots of time wasting filler to meet the contractual obligation.

It's not well written, but then few things are.  Some glaring points:

The vault is supposed to run out of water in two weeks and it's never mentioned again, instead half go to the other vault.

The Ghoul is beaten up by Knight Max-pad, then later on kills 2-3 of them due to the weak point in the armor - whatever the writer needs, it happens.

Why didn't the one vault recognize that the other vault were Raiders, instead of the people they've been dealing with for years?

Everything is ready for cold fusion, all it needs is a magic McMuffin from the head and a secret password, or something.  Don't you also need to have fuel / equipment / tools / infrastructure?  Cold fusion isn't a software program that just needs the access code to work.

Commie broad can do it all - invent cold fusion, be a commie, live 200 years, found a new government, have sex with women.  Boring and bad writing.

Knight Maxi-paid is a waste of screen time, and contributes nothing.

Lots of the usual crutches - when the plot tails off and no one knows what to do, put in a pointless sex scene, or an exploding head with buckets of blood.  The shock value is supposed to take the audience's mind off the bad writing.

I won't bother with Season 2.  Between this, and the Boys turning into a toilet snake, as well as the ads now on Prime videos, even older ones, I don't think I'll renew my Prime membership.  It's up to 150 bucks or more, can't remember, and you can get free shipping with a certain dollar amount of purchases most times anyway, or at least you used to.

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By fike:

I don't really get wound up by an entertainer's politics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

I don't really get wound up by an entertainer's politics.
I try not to, but it seems the left lets politics consume everything they do
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Why didn't the one vault recognize that the other vault were Raiders, instead of the people they've been dealing with for years?
View Quote

Primary intervault communication is via “email”; the only time they actually see them is when it’s time to exchange members for breeding.

Years could go by without actual eye contact.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

601 lower, C7 upper(looks like a large button fwd assist), pencil barrel with a A1 flash hider, though I used a 3prong on mine because i wanted to, wood furniture from PSA or Blackriflewood.com. As close as you get unless someone makes a side-charging C7 upper.
View Quote
I discovered that the company making fallout (and other video game) lowers is local to me, emailed the owner, and he is happy to engrave lowers for me. I've had a Nodak 601 lower in a box for 15 years. Next gun project in progress!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Just for shits and giggles, I went onto Steam and got my account up again.

Found and downloaded Fallout 4 from my library and installed it on this new computer.

It found my last saved game from 2016 and I was able to continue my play from there!  Technology has gotten amazing

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:

Found and downloaded Fallout 4 from my library and installed it on this new computer.

It found my last saved game from 2016 and I was able to continue my play from there!  Technology has gotten amazing

View Quote

Don’t forget to install the hi-res texture pack (it shows up as optional DLC) if you already haven’t installed it.

Also, don’t forget to install the Phone/Tablet mobile pip boy app so you can use your pip boy on a separate device.

If you don’t have the cardboard holder for your phone, a little duct tape works quite well to hold your phone to your arm.  You loose a little arm hair when you remove it but it is well worth it.

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jvmcd:

Don’t forget to install the hi-res texture pack (it shows up as optional DLC) if you already haven’t installed it.

Also, don’t forget to install the Phone/Tablet mobile pip boy app so you can use your pip boy on a separate device.

If you don’t have the cardboard holder for your phone, a little duct tapeworks quite well to hold your phone to your arm.  You loose a little arm hair when you remove it but it is well worth it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jvmcd:
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:

If you don’t have the cardboard holder for your phone, a little duct tapeworks quite well to hold your phone to your arm.  You loose a little arm hair when you remove it but it is well worth it.

Painter's tape works as well and is the proper vault suit color.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#48]

She is a nasty little thing.

We just finished the last two episodes Friday night.

They set up a second season PERFECTLY.

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FredMan:

Primary intervault communication is via “email”; the only time they actually see them is when it’s time to exchange members for breeding.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FredMan:

I think they used the term "telegraph".

It was more like chat, when you finally got to see it work.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Moldaver was in a pod for a while, then came out and started the New California Republic.

She just missed getting killed when Hank nuked Shady Sands.

Page / 37
Fallout Amazon series (Page 36 of 37)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top