Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before the thin blue liners saying "At least they made it home safe that night".
View Quote

"If you aren't doing anything wrong then you got nothing to hide.."
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty shitty of them.   Need  more information since she says she has no idea like are there others living there doing the kind of shit search warrants are issued for?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Its a search warrant, not a license to maliciously destroy property.

Fuck these three letter agency criminals.

View Quote

They cant just knock on the door and get let in now.  Gotta use all those fancy toys. Plus what good is authority if you dont stomp on some necks and shoot some dogs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#4]
When will we learn the rest of the story?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
She mentioned ATF was there, gonna guess it involves glock switches.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When will we learn the rest of the story?
View Quote

Facts don't matter. This is GD.

Staging debris doesn't matter either. People believe the FBI piled up the debris like that or left a door on top of the bed? Nope. These are staged.

She didn't live there alone, so who else was there and who did he associate with?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Because "fuck you", that's why.
View Quote

That seems to be the default position.

Because we can.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Staging debris doesn't matter either. People believe the FBI piled up the debris like that or left a door on top of the bed? Nope. These are staged.

She didn't live there alone, so who else was there and who did he associate with?
View Quote

What difference does it make? They don't have carte blanche permission to destroy private property.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This somehow makes it better?

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In before the thin blue liners saying "At least they made it home safe that night".
View Quote

Executing high-risk entries and search warrants will often damage property. It’s inherent with a search….

At least LEOs made it home safely and nobody was hurt.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

this is close. most likely investigating the shooting incident for a few days ago, tracked cell phones back to the general area for cell phones in the area of the shooting. and maybe had some snitch giving out addresses, good or bad.

years ago in atlanta a snitch gave the address of a house in the hood, cops went to the wrong house bashed in the door, a little old lady came out of the hallway with a pistol and they shot and killed her right there. no knock warrant in the middle of the night, wrong house.
View Quote

FFS. that’s sad, yet also not surprised & im sure they faced charges for murder….not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Executing high-risk entries and search warrants will often damage property. It’s inherent with a search….

At least LEOs made it home safely and nobody was hurt.
View Quote

ffs. troll account.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ffs. troll account.
View Quote

No, I’m a realist, and I have a solid understanding of LE operations and the criminal justice system.

If LE makes a mistake, I’lll call it out. I’m not rushing to judgment.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What difference does it make? They don't have carte blanche permission to destroy private property.
View Quote

Armed gang member in a house that isn't coming out..... would you rather see gas used instead? Wait until you see the cleanup on that one!

Damage must be "reasonable". I am sure you have heard that word before. Circumstances matter and not some staged news story where they are WILLINGLY not providing facts. Mama knows what is up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Getting pretty bad when the Feds need you to forfeit your downspouts.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like a team that knows what they are doing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Getting pretty bad when the Feds need you to forfeit your downspouts.
View Quote

There might be a giant pipe bomb concealed inside that decorative pillar.

Better rip it down.  Officer safety.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

In fairness, she said her son called her at work…. If son lives at home…..

1 in 4 black males between the age of 18 and 30 have at least one felony conviction, and that doesn’t account for those who plead down or haven’t been caught.

I’m sure it was a real shock in da neighahood that warrants were served. I’m sorry for Mom though.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, I’m a realist, and I have a solid understanding of LE operations and the criminal justice system.

If LE makes a mistake, I’lll call it out. I’m not rushing to judgment.
View Quote

Link to LE mistake call out?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Armed gang member in a house that isn't coming out..... would you rather see gas used instead? Wait until you see the cleanup on that one!

Damage must be "reasonable". I am sure you have heard that word before. Circumstances matter and not some staged news story where they are WILLINGLY not providing facts. Mama knows what is up.
View Quote

So you are saying they knocked, waited, and the residents refused to open the door?

What position in the stack were you?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So you are saying they knocked, waited, and the residents refused to open the door?

View Quote
Are you saying that they didn't?  Where were you hiding in the house?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think them standing around is the GD version of a no-knock?

The Bear was parked on the property of the house right outside the front. This wasn't some super secret ninja raid. This sure looked like a surround and call out.

I have only done a few of these, so I am sure the basement dweller experts will come back and tell us how it is actually done.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are you saying that they didn't?  Where were you hiding in the house?
View Quote

Are you saying they did? What position were you in the stack?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are you saying they did? What position were you in the stack?
View Quote

47 second mark in the video. Them all just hanging out isn't some high speed no knock G14 classified HRT raid on a house in Memphis.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Bear was parked on the property of the house right outside the front. This wasn't some super secret ninja raid. This sure looked like a surround and call out.

I have only done a few of these, so I am sure the basement dweller experts will come back and tell us how it is actually done.
View Quote

I wasnt there, so I dont know. I'm asking, I havent seen any pics other than the pile of shit ripped off the house.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

47 second mark in the video. Them all just hanging out isn't some high speed no knock G14 classified HRT raid on a house in Memphis.
View Quote

gracias!
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Court authorized search warrants
View Quote

and secret, must have been a FISA. Did Clinesmith prepare it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m honestly amazed that no one tried to shoot that reporter while he was taping at the house. Must have been like 0500 in the morning.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be where they were, they did not show any type of situational awareness considering the neighborhood they were in.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know we are actually SUPPOSED to tell law enforcement exactly how to conduct itself??

What's up with all of the raids anyways? The overwhelming majority are unnecessary and pose outrageous risk to nearby innocents. They just want to play dress up and seal team 6. That is the honest truth of the matter.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You know we are actually SUPPOSED to tell law enforcement exactly how to conduct itself??

What's up with all of the raids anyways? The overwhelming majority are unnecessary and pose outrageous risk to nearby innocents. They just want to play dress up and seal team 6. That is the honest truth of the matter.
View Quote

How many warrants do you think are served EVERY SINGLE day?

I would say there are less now than there were 10 years ago. Very few ever reach the news. You are just seeing more of it thanks to cell phones.

We have more strict training and more strict requirements for warrant planning than every before.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#32]
So..............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Mound,_Memphis

Orange Mound, a neighborhood in southeastern Memphis, Tennessee, was the first US neighborhood to be built by and for African Americans.[1]

Built on the grounds of the former Deaderick plantation, the Orange Mound subdivision was developed for African Americans in the 1890s to provide affordable land and residences for the less wealthy.[2]

Drugs and crime infected the neighborhood in the 1980s and 1990s. In the first decade of the 21st century, revitalization efforts were started and show positive effects

I just drove all the way up and down  Ethel  St in Memphis, and it is ONE HELL of  a nice neighbor HOOD!!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ethel+St,+Memphis,+TN+38114/@35.1079326,-89.9833225,17z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x887f87404e9b8d6b:0x40832d02cce444c6!8m2!3d35.1066617!4d-89.9833665!16s%2Fg%2F1tfct_4l?entry=ttu

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1065466,-89.9833841,3a,75y,165.91h,89.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7Y1aB76ag5goOUy4M356pQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205409&entry=ttu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPJptx4sNOk
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I would say there are less now than there were 10 years ago. Very few ever reach the news. You are just seeing more of it thanks to cell phones.

We have more strict training and more strict requirements for warrant planning than every before.
View Quote

You literally just proved my point. It's staggering you can't see it
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol no. The equipment is necessary to deal with high-risk individuals. The tools are necessary for LE to do its job while mitigating risk to officers and citizens.

You do have a say, albeit minuscule : every time you vote in local, state, and federal elections.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Court authorized search warrants
View Quote

Search warrant, not a search and destroy warrant.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well you risk getting an account warning for anything less.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#37]
They got what they vote for, untouchable bigger better government
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#38]
If an LEO requests a search warrant and that search comes back with nothing, there should be negative consequences.

I'm not saying criminal charges, necessarily, but you should only get so many incorrect "assumptions" before your warrant privileges should be revoked.

This should be taken serious, and it isn't... and we all know why.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

FBI, DEA, ATF, CBP, Sheriff, municipal police, local dog catcher all need their own search warrants.
View Quote

Why not just add the participating agencies on the same warrant?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#40]
So, how many warrants did they get, and were they all looking for the same thing?
It sounds like they searched half the street.

Reminds me of that time in Minneapolis where they executed 3 warrants, claiming that they had probable cause to believe that one guy would be found in all three places. And then they executed some guy who borrowed a couch to sleep on.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#41]
At least it was the correct house.
Sometimes they can't even get that right.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn’t UV18 the jbt that usually has the Lt Dangle profile pic? Holy shit he’s gonna work some OT and fuck some houses up to pay for his new membership.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Because they're cocksuckers angry at how miserable their lives turned out
View Quote

I'm willing to bet that actually has something to do with it.
Use the clot shot to purge a chunk of the folks that have a sense of right and wrong.
backfill with unemployed folks many of which are lgbtqia .
Create a rank and file that is indifferent to their own country...hates moral values ...hates themselves for placing their faith and trust in a dental plan.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If an LEO requests a search warrant and that search comes back with nothing, there should be negative consequences.

I'm not saying criminal charges, necessarily, but you should only get so many incorrect "assumptions" before your warrant privileges should be revoked.

This should be taken serious, and it isn't... and we all know why.
View Quote

Like those magic drug dogs.  After some percent of alerts without anything found, GTFO.

Also, I assume the cops have body cams that show what destruction if any was done by them

Whether it ever sees the light of day is another thing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Also, I assume the cops have body cams that show what destruction if any was done by them
View Quote

The video title says "FBI", doesn't it?
Vampires are repelled by sunlight.
Fibbies are repelled by cameras.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Had a local deputy stick an axe in a car door while serving a warrant. POS got charged with a felony. The part that pisses me off is none of the others stopped him. One just told him to remove the axe.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/former-steuben-county-deputy-accused-of-using-axe-knife-to-damage-property-during-warrant/ar-AA1mrm6N
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Had a local deputy stick an axe in a car door while serving a warrant. POS got charged with a felony. The part that pisses me off is none of the others stopped him. One just told him to remove the axe.

View Quote

Did we do a thread about this guy five months ago?
Search is coming up empty for me.

The bold part is widely proclaimed to be necessary and proper procedure.
It would be nice to have some precedent for criminally convicting those who destroy (or even disconnect) cameras to spoliate evidence of their actions.

https://www.wfft.com/news/local/former-steuben-county-sheriffs-deputy-and-swat-team-member-faces-misconduct-charges/article_936ea9d4-ab4d-11ee-abb5-239271166a2a.html

On September 20, 2023, Austin Rowlands, who was a certified Steuben County Sheriff's Deputy and a member of the multi-agency SWAT team, was assisting with the execution of a search warrant on Thomas Hovis, who was accused of dealing methamphetamine.

Documents say Rowlands picked up a large "Rambo-style" knife and threw it at a television, sticking it in the screen.

He also picked up an axe outside the residence and hit two surveillance cameras, knocking them off their mounts, then cut the wires leading to the DVR box, according to documents.

Using the same axe, according to documents, Rowlands swung into the door of a truck parked in front of the house and left the axe sticking in the door until he was told to remove it.

When interviewed later, Rowlands admitted to all of these actions.

Rowlands told interviewers that he stabbed the television to look for narcotics, as they could be hidden there and, due to time constraints, did not have time to take the television apart with a screwdriver.

Documents say he told police he knocked the cameras off their mounts and cut the DVR wires because it was standard practice to disable security systems for the safety of the officers. He also said he believed the cameras might have been decoys and used to store drugs.

Rowlands said he hit the side of the truck with the axe to look for drugs. He said he could have dismantled the door to look for drugs but chose to cut the door to save time, according to documents.

Rowlands resigned on Thursday, December 28 and was arrested Friday, according to the Steuben County Sheriff's Office.

Rowlands was charged with one count of official misconduct and three counts of criminal mischief.

https://www.wthd.net/news.php?article=128590

The records also detailed Rowlands used the axe to damage a truck parked out of the residence. Witnesses stated Rowlands left the axe in the side of the truck until he was asked to remove it. Again, Rowlands stated he did this to search for drugs.

Court records note the vehicles outside of the home were not included in the search warrant.

Numerous officers were on scene during the alleged complaint, including officers from the Steuben County Sheriff’s Department, the Auburn Police Department, and the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Department.

The completed investigation was turned over to the DeKalb County Prosecutor, who was assigned as Special Prosecutor in this case, for review and determination of charges.

Criminal charges were filed on January 3 with the Steuben County Courts, and an arrest warrant was issued for Rowlands alleging Official Misconduct a Level 6 Felony, two counts of Criminal Mischief Class A Misdemeanors, Theft a Class A Misdemeanor; and Criminal Mischief a Class B Misdemeanor.

The Steuben County Sheriff's Department noted Rowlands had been on paid administrative leave since the beginning of October 2023 until his voluntarily resignation on Wednesday, January 3.

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Memphis? The woman’s son is probably a banger, fuck them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damnit.  Usually pick up on that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#50]
"A private police entity — paid to protect life, liberty and property — would be far more efficient and faithful to its job — which it would lose if it failed — than the government's police, which thrives on assaulting life, liberty and property and keeping their jobs."

Judge Andrew Napolitano
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top