User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not AUG sexy but I want it. Ugly guns work harder for love.
View Quote

@HSimpson

Just like fat girls and their next meal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

1.5/2MOA with M855, sure.
View Quote

Which is completely fine
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just like SA's probably Turkish framed hipower the YouTube whores will whore to make sure the payola continues and that they get clicks by being among the first in line to shit out reviews by keeping manufacturers happy

Then in a few months we'll find out it has the same meh  Rube Goldberg trigger and mediocre accuracy you'd expect out of a third tier military bullpup.

Looks like it could be a sci-fi channel prop
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How do you figure that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good.

If it's $1500 Id pick one up.

That is a $900.00 rifle.

How do you figure that?
He just does, okay? Are you a science denier or something?

Nick
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I foresee a gun for use in sci-fi movies, soon to make an appearance in The Expanse!

I will give it a couple of years to ensure no kinks before getting one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nick
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good.

If it's $1500 Id pick one up.

That is a $900.00 rifle.

How do you figure that?

Nick

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Abomination comes to mind.
View Quote

Go be poors somewhere else!

This thing looks amazing! Hopefully it is!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Want to like it but the safety and bolt release kill it for me.

Plus kind of becoming a trigger snob.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm still unconvinced that it has any real advantage over the super duper AR and although it's "short" it's not ak folder short and doesn't seem like a "good gun for evil dickheads" like the Krapnishikov. Despite Iraq buying some no one is going to outfit their boy soldiers with vhs-2
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Abomination comes to mind.
View Quote

I don’t hate it
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I watched three Forgotten Weapons videos on the VHS-2/Hellion.

The grip being weirdly far forward seems to
offset the shortness from being a bullpup. It's been in French military trials and although it lost to the HK I guess the -2 is a "real army gun" The high optic mount is a bummer. It's easily used switching shoulder to shoulder. Sounds like it still has bullpup trigger. It's set up well for options with slings, lights and optics.

I'm still unconvinced that it has any real advantage over the super duper AR and although it's "short" it's not ak folder short and doesn't seem like a "good gun for evil dickheads" like the Krapnishikov. Despite Iraq buying some no one is going to outfit their boy soldiers with vhs-2
View Quote

Eh. Eventually you reach the point where you have a number of AR's and want some different guns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I watched three Forgotten Weapons videos on the VHS-2/Hellion.

The grip being weirdly far forward seems to
offset the shortness from being a bullpup. It's been in French military trials and although it lost to the HK I guess the -2 is a "real army gun" The high optic mount is a bummer. It's easily used switching shoulder to shoulder. Sounds like it still has bullpup trigger. It's set up well for options with slings, lights and optics.

View Quote

When you want full power, in a compact format, Bullpup is how you do it.  

These guys semi-figured this out a while ago :)

The top one is a 20" BBL 8mm Mauser full-power, the bottom one is a 16" Kurtz.  And that's just moving the barrel breach back to above the trigger group (hence the side magazines).  A bullpup moves it back even farther.

That said, is the Hellion the one to go with?  not really.   I'll take an AUG, RDB, or MDRx over one, personally.  But it's still going to be a good gun just not my style and doesn't offer anything the above 3 don't satisfy for me better, all for equal or better price, and equal or better weight.  The thing to watch out with bullpups is mass, they get heavy.  They point fast when up into your shoulder but you are basically one-arm lifting it up and into your shoulder when you start (not 2-arm like with an AR), and they are also heavier than AR's too.  RDB is on the right path of getting a lot lighter.  Hellion in 2022?  I expected more effort on this from them for a 2022 release, personally.  $2k starting price?  For half the price you can get an RDB for half the weight too (well, not quite half the weight, but you get my drift).
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Firearms News Magazine Tests the Newest Bullpup! The Springfield Armory Hellion Rifle! (VIDEO)

https://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/springfield-armory-hellion-bullpup-rifle-1200x800.jpg
https://content.osgnetworks.tv/photopacks/springfield-armory-hellion-bullpup-rifle_455893/455895_springfield-armory-hellion-bullpup-rifle-01-1200x800_hero.jpg

Firearms News Editor-in-Chief, Vincent DeNiro, takes a quick look at the brand new Springfield Armory Hellion Bullpup rifle in 5.56!

NON YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE.
View Quote
I want it but not two grand.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top