Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Gladiator (Page 6 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, and re: LEDs - if you swap out to aftermarket lights, and live in a climate that gets cold, make sure you get the heated LED option to prevent icing, I guess that’s a thing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macman37:

I got the same ones!
View Quote

I like them.  They look like they came with it.

There’s a lot of cheesy jeep stuff out there.

If you’ve been in any of the Facebook groups you know what I mean.

Angry grilles, brightly colored hinge covers, ridiculous shift knobs, giant light bars on mall crawlers, etc.

None of that dumb loud shit for me.  Tasteful mods only
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely love my Gladiator but I wouldn't buy it again.  It's less that 2 years old and I have galvanic corrosion on my hood and most door hinges.  Yes, they can fix it but it will come back and you'll be stuck holding the bag after the 5 year warranty is up.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:37:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#4]
Originally Posted By ianalex:
I absolutely love my Gladiator but I wouldn't buy it again.  It's less that 2 years old and I have galvanic corrosion on my hood and most door hinges.  Yes, they can fix it but it will come back and you'll be stuck holding the bag after the 5 year warranty is up.
View Quote

It wouldn’t surprise me if they extended the coverage on those items.

Friend of mine just got his all redone at around 55,000 miles.  

Honestly if you love it I just wouldn’t let one item like that be a deciding factor.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By purple85gt:
How bad are the halogen headlights? My wife has a Wrangler with the LED's and they are pretty good (compared to my truck with halogens). I'm thinking about getting a Gladiator, I've found some Rubicons for a good price but they have the halogen headlights.
View Quote

They’re horrible. I replaced mine with Oracle Oculus Bi-LED’s and it’s plug and play.  They’re awesome and cost me about $500ish a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:

They’re horrible. I replaced mine with Oracle Oculus Bi-LED’s and it’s plug and play.  They’re awesome and cost me about $500ish a few years ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:
How bad are the halogen headlights? My wife has a Wrangler with the LED's and they are pretty good (compared to my truck with halogens). I'm thinking about getting a Gladiator, I've found some Rubicons for a good price but they have the halogen headlights.

When I got my new JT, the LED package was one of the options I required due to the poor performance of the stock halogens while driving in heavy snowfall. The full time 4wd transfer case and LED lighting have made a huge difference in severe weather.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I figured the halogens were bad All of my other jeeps from various timeframes had halogens and they sucked. My 2019 Ram 2500 has halogens too, and they suck.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Its a double edged sword.  Stock halogens on jeeps are pretty bad, and the LED are awesome but even stock you get flashed all the time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

I like them.  They look like they came with it.

There’s a lot of cheesy jeep stuff out there.

If you’ve been in any of the Facebook groups you know what I mean.

Angry grilles, brightly colored hinge covers, ridiculous shift knobs, giant light bars on mall crawlers, etc.

None of that dumb loud shit for me.  Tasteful mods only
View Quote

I love my giant light bar. It's great for turning my dark country road into a bright Walmart parking lot.

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By drobs:

I love my giant light bar. It's great for turning my dark country road into a bright Walmart parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FvPg4VjgA
View Quote

Not a fan of light bars but I do like the idea of a bumper with some LEDs in it.  

I put some “white” sylvania halogen bulbs in last night.  They are a marginal improvement over the OEM bulbs at best.

I also changed the parking light markers to LEDs.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Installed the leveling kit today.  1.5” lift up front.  Looks much better.  Easy install took me about an hour. Now I need wheels and tires

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Dang man! Whatever the Jeep equivalent of BRD is, you've got it!
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
Came here expecting to be entertained.

Leaving disappointed.
View Quote

SSDD.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Dang man! Whatever the Jeep equivalent of BRD is, you've got it!
View Quote

Eh.  Things are gonna slow down now.

Unfortunately.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:22:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#15]
Originally Posted By CJ7365:
Is Jeep still using the 3.6 pentastar minivan engine? What a POS it is?
View Quote

They do make a JLs with the 392 V-8..but it's pricey. Not sure about the Gladiator.

ETA Looks like only the Wrangler is available with the 6.4L/392 cu in V8 for 2024.

That's dumb. The Gladiator needs it too.

And it's only a cool $92K MSRP. I hate being one of the poors.

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I like mine a lot. Right now averaging 18mpg on the morning commute so not awful. Fun to drive, tows well, and I can haul stuff.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#17]
I'm not seeing these great prices on the KC area.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mancow:
View Quote

Jeep is doing a 15% discount till the end of the month.

Dealers (most of them) are applying their own discount of 3-10% with 6-8% being the most common.  

Don’t be afraid to travel a bit to get the deal and vehicle you want.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#19]

Dealers (most of them) are applying their own discount of 3-10% with 6-8% being the most common.  

View All Quotes

OK, two or three years old is fine with reasonable miles but damn, they are proud of them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#20]

OK, two or three years old is fine with reasonable miles but damn, they are proud of them.
View Quote

I agree that they are quite overpriced for what they are.

The wrangler and gladiator are bare bones vehicles.

These price slashes are just bringing them down to where they should be.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#21]
These mudflaps are temporary as the front wheels are flinging shit everywhere.

Weathertech makes a really nice product, looks OEM and fits perfect.  Even has an indentation for the end of the rock slider to fit into.  

They will come off when I do wheels and tires.

Taking it to a shop tomorrow and I am getting the Grille and fenders PPF'd and then I am going to wrap the grill in satin black.   I would like to PPF the entire thing but even the material isn't cheap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Both my sisters own Gladiators.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]
These mudflaps are temporary as the front wheels are flinging shit everywhere.

Weathertech makes a really nice product, looks OEM and fits perfect.  Even has an indentation for the end of the rock slider to fit into.  

They will come off when I do wheels and tires.

Taking it to a shop tomorrow and I am getting the Grille and fenders PPF'd and then I am going to wrap the grill in satin black.   I would like to PPF the entire thing but even the material isn't cheap.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_3670_jpg-3137636.JPG
View Quote

Rokblokz my dude.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#24]
Originally Posted By ExtraHardTaco:
Both my sisters own Gladiators.
View Quote

Your sisters are cooler than you. Get them in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Rokblokz my dude.
View Quote

Yeah I looked at those and while I am sure they are very effective, I just didn't like the look.  They just remind me of a cheap aftermarket add-on or what I see on every damn Subaru around here
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Your sisters are cooler than you. Get them in this thread.
View Quote

I actually wish the large thread I started this fall didn't get archived.  There were lots of good pics in it.  I had planned to just bump it whenever I bought something, but noooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Fixed the sea of white on the front end.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a 2020 Gladiator with the manual transmission. Put 35's on it with almost no poke. Love this thing, but it's for sale. I need a vehicle with a 3rd row. Top and doors off is a blast during the nicer weather days.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:14:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#30]
For the first time in over 2 years since I bought this thing I took it to a regular car wash and… the only tiny leak was the rear sliding window, maybe two drips. Whew.

I can’t wash the undercarriage so it’s nice to get the salt off. Maybe a couple times a year I will get the underside blasted off.

I know clean vehicles drive better - it’s science, man - but I swear it handled a little better after the wash.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I ended up with a sting gray 2021. It seems like a space ship compared to my old 2010.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I ended up with a sting gray 2021. It seems like a space ship compared to my old 2010.
View Quote

Pics!

Love that color.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

That would have been my preference, I love that color… (but my Sarge Green is awesome too.)
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#34]

That would have been my preference, I love that color… (but my Sarge Green is awesome too.)
View Quote

You guys got all the cool colors.

Part of me wishes I would have been a little more patient with my choosing.  I’m not complaining about what I have but I think you always want what you didn’t get.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:59:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#35]

Pics!

Love that color.
View All Quotes

Pics!

Love that color.

It's the Overland model.

Only Pic I got so far. Been busy since I got it home.

Planning the radio antenna mounts out soon for the FT-857 and XG100M all band mobiles.

Also working on mounting a flir photon thermal to the driver's side a pillar on an off road light mount that will display on a 4.3" backup camera screen so I can see deer ahead.
I need to order a germanium window for the waterproof housing for it and get to work coding up rotary encoder controlled servo panning controller.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Sarge is nice but my jku is the similar forest green or whatever it's called and I wanted something different.

The sting seems to change colors to me. At times it's primer gray and others is a slate or light blue.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Sarge is nice but my jku is the similar forest green or whatever it's called and I wanted something different.

The sting seems to change colors to me. At times it's primer gray and others is a slate or light blue.
View All Quotes

Yeah. Those “flat” (not matte, just flat) grays (GMC had a nice one on their trucks a few years back too) look great.

One of my fears, having owned gray and tan vehicles in the past, is being seen while driving. I’ve never been cut off more in my life than when I had vehicles that somewhat blended in with the pavement.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Yeah. Those “flat” (not matte, just flat) grays (GMC had a nice one on their trucks a few years back too) look great.

One of my fears, having owned gray and tan vehicles in the past, is being seen while driving. I’ve never been cut off more in my life than when I had vehicles that somewhat blended in with the pavement.
View All Quotes

Shit that is a good point. My daughter mentioned last night how she could hardly notice it in driveway at dusk.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Shit that is a good point. My daughter mentioned last night how she could hardly notice it in driveway at dusk.

View All Quotes

Fingers crossed that there are more vehicles out there with lane change warning systems will keep the a-holes alert…! Those systems were only on pricier vehicles when I had the gray truck or tan SUV.

I never got hit, but once a year or so the brakes would get a hell of a workout as someone just blithely slid over oblivious to my existence and blaring horn.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I finally found "the one" and ironed out the deal where I left and didn't feel like I needed a shower. 2023 Sting Grey Mojave. It was used with 11k miles. Original owner put 35's on it with fuel wheels. Some ugly IMO side steps but I found a set of OEM rock rails on marketplace for free so they are going on tomorrow. It's pretty well optioned and honestly the most optioned vehicle I've ever had, most important to me was the LED light package. It also came with a bakflip tonno cover that was a nice addition. The prev owner put a cold air intake on it that I'm sure someone out there would love to have in trade for their OEM air filter. Pics tomorrow!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I finally found "the one" and ironed out the deal where I left and didn't feel like I needed a shower. 2023 Sting Grey Mojave. It was used with 11k miles. Original owner put 35's on it with fuel wheels. Some ugly IMO side steps but I found a set of OEM rock rails on marketplace for free so they are going on tomorrow. It's pretty well optioned and honestly the most optioned vehicle I've ever had, most important to me was the LED light package. It also came with a bakflip tonno cover that was a nice addition. The prev owner put a cold air intake on it that I'm sure someone out there would love to have in trade for their OEM air filter. Pics tomorrow!
View Quote

Congrats.  Looking forward to pics!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Fiddling around with my friend’s last night.  He has retrofitted OEM LEDs and we ran the jumper harness so the halos would work.  Kind of a PITA.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Wife snapped a couple at the gas station on the way home todayAttachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Wife snapped a couple at the gas station on the way home todayhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112911/IMG_2577_jpeg-3147464.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112911/IMG_2578_jpeg-3147465.JPG
View Quote

I dig that a lot, congrats!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Wife snapped a couple at the gas station on the way home todayhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112911/IMG_2577_jpeg-3147464.JPG

View Quote

I assume you've fitted a Mojave hood to a Sport?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Mojave hooks and badge check out…
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I think you can even read the Fox logo on the suspension in front…
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

Good call - yep.

@purple85gt: is there a lift on it as well or is that just the standard suspension with 35s and the Fuel rims on it? Looks fantastic; just curious.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#49]
No it's a Mojave. The prev owner had stickers on the hood that I had the dealer remove, thats why it doesn't say Mojave.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I was told and by the looks of the components it's just tires.
Page / 12
Gladiator (Page 6 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top