BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Ooof. The one we have is typically broken in some fashion,  I wonder about the safeties sometimes
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy worked for a company that made paper forms.  They would put huge stacks of paper into what looked like a metal sheer.  Coworker stepped on the foot pedal with the guard wired up. Cut his fingers off.  

They tried to find his fingers to reattach but in a panic they gave up and took him to the hospital.

They roped off the machine and a month or so later fired it up and when they hit the foot pedal the blade came down and the guys fingers were stuck to the back of it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/344352/IMG_20230815_135233948_jpg-3223583.JPG

Ooof. The one we have is typically broken in some fashion,  I wonder about the safeties sometimes
View Quote

On most brake presses like that one, you have to use a two-hand control to make it cycle automatically. Otherwise, you can use a foot pedal to operate it manually.  You could cut your hands or your assistant's hands off if you wanted to.  That setup is OSHA compliant.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#5]
A few months ago a man was working on a conveyor belt at an Amazon warehouse. He got caught, pulled in, chewed up and died.
A few months before that I remember reading about a woman  who dropped something on the floor which rolled under a conveyor belt system. She crawled in to retrieve the item, got caught and pulled in and killed. I am thinking that was an Amazon facility also but maybe not. You can teach/preach safety all you want but cannot prevent stupid behavior.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few months ago a man was working on a conveyor belt at an Amazon warehouse. He got caught, pulled in, chewed up and died.
A few months before that I remember reading about a woman  who dropped something on the floor which rolled under a conveyor belt system. She crawled in to retrieve the item, got caught and pulled in and killed. I am thinking that was an Amazon facility also but maybe not. You can teach/preach safety all you want but cannot prevent stupid behavior.
View Quote
Unfortunately people are not property trained and even worse is when management knows that safety's are bypassed and do nothing about it.

I worked at a factory and saw light curtains bypassed. Tell management and nothing happens. After a while they look at you like your the problem.

I made sure to document everything incase it came back to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
These accidents are so common in these countries.
There was one where a guy had both hands smashed in a press and he stood in agony while the press was pried up to release him. His hands were as flat a paper.
Do these injured workers just get fired and no compensation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
He had his COVID mask on so he's safe.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top