Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2024 12:56:45 AM EDT
About 10 years ago my byline was I grow donuts beer and steaks.

Because I grew sugar beets, malt barley, and beef.

Staples of American life
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Corn and soybeans are not people food.  Sugar, beer, and beef is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
When can I pick up my next half a cow?

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It just struck me that my products were people wonder food.  Where would we be without beer?

And sugar?  Or beef?  

You don't think of NW WY as your grocery store, but it is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I will grant you beef and barley but sugar is not a wonder food.  The way it is currently used in processed food is a scourge to society.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
It's too hot to grow most of that stuff here.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I like soybeans, corn, beer and steak.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Well at least you don't make oysters too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I would argue that corn and soybeans are people food. Your Doritos, among countless other food products, are made from field corn. Most of the corn grown in this area gets fed to beef cattle, which is the best use for it, IMO. Because beef is awesome. Wheat and beef are our staples here in Kansas. Goes great with beer made with Wyoming/Montana/Dakota barley.

The sheer size and quality of our agricultural land is one of our nation’s greatest strengths. We really do feed the world, and that’s an awesome thing to be a part of.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well at least you don't make oysters too.
View Quote

You haven’t eaten ‘til you’ve had some piping hot mountain oysters! Grab a cold beer and some cocktail sauce and go to town!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top