User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I must have missed the page where op mocked the guy for his groups and called anyone except bench shooters as not being a "real shooter".

Or maybe the guy found the .222 casing and made an unintelligent remark about people who enjoy an activity differently from himself like OPs posts say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't worry about other people's targets anymore. I'm no pro but when I go to the range I definitely shoot better than 95% of the people there. As long as they're on paper I'm happy.  Honestly most of them are probably just happy to make noise and be on paper too. I'm shooting for me, not to impress some stranger next to me.
This guy gets it.

Was the guy with the Tavor standing or shooting from a bench? Was he firing rapidly? Bringing the rifle up from low ready and firing as soon as he was on target?

You're not giving us anything to work with here, OP.

I'm sure you understand that defensive training isn't about tiny groups.
Actually, neither of you get it.
OP is wasting time responding to people who aren't thinking and are letting their emotions drive their responses.
I'd argue that YOU'RE not getting why OP is getting shit on so hard (at least in part).

There are a lot of guys that ONLY shoot from a bench with perfect conditions. They ONLY care about tiny groups. It's possible that the guy OP ran into was saying THOSE people aren't "real shooters" (and I agree to some extent since those people are almost always FUDDs). I'm not saying OP is one of them but his post could easily be interpreted that way.
I must have missed the page where op mocked the guy for his groups and called anyone except bench shooters as not being a "real shooter".

Or maybe the guy found the .222 casing and made an unintelligent remark about people who enjoy an activity differently from himself like OPs posts say.
Uh, yeah it appears that you missed the original post since you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Today OP learns there are a number of hysterical little girls with very poor reading comprehension on GD. JFC.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The parody thread is already down in flames.
View Quote
This lol...
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would have asked him to let me try the Tavor out.

It looks interesting.
View Quote
With some trigger upgrades its probably the most accurate 5.56 rifle I own, everyone that shoots it remarks on how accurate it is. You should give one a try sometime.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There's also an idiot in this thread.  You

You also can't read.  I showed him a .222 round NOT a target.
View Quote
Dont be so hard on yourself
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you initiate conversation with him?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With some trigger upgrades its probably the most accurate 5.56 rifle I own, everyone that shoots it remarks on how accurate it is. You should give one a try sometime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have asked him to let me try the Tavor out.

It looks interesting.
Not the most accurate I own, but I agree it's way more accurate than most expect.  When I put a scope on it, mine pulls under 1.5 MOA consistently with 77gr SMK's over 8208 XBR.  It's hard to set it up for rested shooting though.  It's just not designed for that.

Talking about the Tavor SAR here, not the x95.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fluffy,
Don't worry about the haters....some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining.
View Quote
OP sure brings out the worst in people.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you initiate conversation with him?
View Quote
It depends which version of events you go by.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's an idiot because he disparaged Gale McMillan, who was one of the all-time greats.

Actually, if he had been less of a fool, I would have asked him to let me try the Tavor out.

It looks interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he have his Tavor locked into a lead sled, or was he actually enjoying himself and putting rounds on target in an expedient manner?
Sounds like the guy was just blasting having fun. Apparently that makes one an idiot to the garand of the month fudd club.
He's an idiot because he disparaged Gale McMillan, who was one of the all-time greats.

Actually, if he had been less of a fool, I would have asked him to let me try the Tavor out.

It looks interesting.
You are an ass.

And I'm a fool also, as defined by this test
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I just want to see pics of the tower.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't know.

But the full extent of his idiocy needs to be carefully explained.

I showed him a .222 round and he said that he heard that it was an accurate caliber.  I replied that Gale McMillan set a world bench rest record with the .222 back in 1973.

Then the little twerp went full retard by saying that bench rest shooters aren't real shooters etc.

I didn't answer him.  I just walked away and left him to wallow in stupidity and ignorance.
View Quote
Sorry.  I agree with the part that bench rest shooters are not real marksmen.  Anyone can fire from a table accurately with little practice.  Since I know you love Garands slinging up and doing a standing, kneeling, Prone and sitting is much more difficult.  Add in a moving target and the skill goes even higher. I find the benchrest guys are more into the math and obsessing than the Position shooters who are more into the difficulty and sportsmanship .
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this a parody thread?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool story.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Bullpups...

Not even once.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#16]
@sbr_slut stop hating on fudds
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#17]
that was one of the most boring range stories ever.  Sorry OP, and that's being generous ---
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why not just mind your own business?  Instead you tried to show boat tight groups.......at 25m?  Lol

You are right there was an idiot at the range.......doesn’t sound like it was the guy with the tavor
View Quote
Possibly maybe sorta could be this. More evidence needed.

You're obviously talking shit about his groups, why show him a 222 round though?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I like how the story keeps getting “expanded” after more and more people tell the OP he’s coming off like a douche.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was expecting a much better tale.
View Quote
Not me and therefore was barely disappointed
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not the most accurate I own, but I agree it's way more accurate than most expect.  When I put a scope on it, mine pulls under 1.5 MOA consistently with 77gr SMK's over 8208 XBR.  It's hard to set it up for rested shooting though.  It's just not designed for that.

Talking about the Tavor SAR here, not the x95.
View Quote
SAR FTW!

Love mine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sounds like the guy was just blasting having fun. Apparently that makes one an idiot to the garand of the month fudd club.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he have his Tavor locked into a lead sled, or was he actually enjoying himself and putting rounds on target in an expedient manner?
Indeed. I fail to see how the guy with a Tavor is an idiot.

OP is coming off like he’s REALLY bad with social skills.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread blows.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This thread blows.
View Quote
This thread doesn’t blow half as hard as a thread by the great NapoleonTannerite. How about you respect the greats?!??!??
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Tough crowd here tonight.

Like every night.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I was at the range one day when an old guy was requlifying for his CCW.

He couldn't hit shit and kept saying it was a new pistol and it wasn't broken in yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Now you know why we deal only with noncontroversial topics, such as trannies, on Arfcom. Never talk about range experiences!
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Personally I'm unimpressed with the Tavor. The Israelis have a habit of hyping their firearms up. They over promise and under deliver time and time again. The Tavor is no exception.
View Quote
So, what have you heard?  I've been thinking about getting one in .308 cuz they look cool but if it's an anchor...
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This.

Here's the thread:

https://i.imgflip.com/2hioky.jpg
View Quote
Holy shit LOL.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#31]
did you get his digits or what?

you should try Grinder for better action.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It looks interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks interesting.
Who is Gale McMillan?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Targettarget?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Wait a minute........

Let's get back to the guy (Lightening something or other...)  who claimed to be getting 1.5" groups at 100 meters with iron sights shooting LC ammo??

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Shouldn’t there be an apostrophe in “members guests”?

The guests belong to the member hence “member’s guests” would be correct but “member’s guest” would be more appropriate because you’re limited to a single guest per member but I guess you’re dealing with a plurality of members too so I get lost at that point.

Can you shoot prone and in other positions or are you forced to use the benches?
View Quote
It’s a Canadian range so...
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Targettarget?
View Quote
Nah, he's over in some other thread hating on President Trump and trash talking The Americans who voted The President into office.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#37]
So let me see if I got this right

Fluffy was shooting bags of milk at 1000 yards in high wind with one of his many M1 Garands

A guy with a Tavor tried to shoot a 222 through a 223 chamber and was eating a grapefruit sandwich
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was at the range today zeroing BMR 60.  I was zeroing it at 25 meters because a 25 meter zero will get you close at 200.

Shooting next to me was a guy with a Tavor.  He had an scope mounted on the Tavor and he was shooting grapefruit sized groups at 25 meters.

My iron-sighted Garand groups were much better.  And just for fun I fired my Anschutz .222 at the same target.  With the Anschutz, I had a five shot group with one large hole.

As I was leaving, I showed Mr Dope, a .222 round and he went off on a long harangue about bench rest shooters.  I just shook my head and left.

I honestly think that a talented baseball pitcher could achieve a better group at 25 meters than Mr Dope with his Tavor.

Picture of the range today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20180908_143745-665520.jpg
View Quote
So this proves what really??????????????????????????You're an amazing shot? Not everyone is like you? You have more range time than some? What really?LOL
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
you must not go to the range much,,,there's ALWAYS an idiot there, somewhere,,,,,
View Quote
admittedly... what with the bad weather and all... I spent the morning alone at the range
so you are undoubtedly correct
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
that was one of the most boring range stories ever.  Sorry OP, and that's being generous ---
View Quote
2, fuck generous today, they show a 1, but not a .oo1.LOL
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So let me see if I got this right

Fluffy was shooting bags of milk at 1000 yards in high wind with one of his many M1 Garands

A guy with a Tavor tried to shoot a 222 through a 223 chamber and was eating a grapefruit sandwich
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Locked: Off the rails
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top