BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Early in COVID there was a thought that early intubation would help. It didn't. This hurt some people, but didn't result in a significant amount of deaths. Hospitals stopped doing it pretty quickly when the evidence showed it was not good.

Dunno where you heard about this "hospitals killing COVID kidneys" shit as though that is why people died. Sounds like ChiCom disinfo operations. COVID causes cytokine storms and Severe Sepsis/Septic Shock. These are the things that usually kill kidneys in COVID patients.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lost a 66 year old cousin, a 55 year old friend and a co-worker who was 68.

I remember people saying " they didn't believe in covid ".

Fuck all the people who didn't think it was serious.

Were they put on ventilators and given kidney destroying medication they didn't need?

The closest person to me that I know who died "from covid" had that done to him.  Ended up dying from kidney failure and pneumonia.

The hospitals killed more people with their insane "treatment" protocols than the virus ever did.  Intubated people who they shouldn't have, gave them drugs that ruined their kidney function.  Yes some people can die from covid but many people also die from the flu each year.  Doesn't mean we should panic and overreact and change our entire way of life over the flu.

Early in COVID there was a thought that early intubation would help. It didn't. This hurt some people, but didn't result in a significant amount of deaths. Hospitals stopped doing it pretty quickly when the evidence showed it was not good.

Dunno where you heard about this "hospitals killing COVID kidneys" shit as though that is why people died. Sounds like ChiCom disinfo operations. COVID causes cytokine storms and Severe Sepsis/Septic Shock. These are the things that usually kill kidneys in COVID patients.

He's talking about remdesivir.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Snip to see bold...
People were anxious and lost their shit over nothing. Practicing grace was a thing of the past.

Lots of leadership types made policies and proclamations without talking to the experts leading to stupid policies that accomplished little in terms of safety and much in terms of frustration.

Dumb motherfuckers thinking we'd all die.

Dumb motherfuckers thinking that it was made up.

Why the hell are we reminiscing about this?

Don't live in the past. Live a good life!
View Quote

Only a fool would put all this in one post and not see the obvious.

"Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
We're now in the covid hangover period . Those that passed the magic elixir around and demanded everyone drink are still there. My belief is that way more people were damaged by the interventions than the virus itself . As many lies were told to coerce people makes any truth in it worthless .
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But it did happen. And since we haven't gone back and reviewed every single death to find the people that died WITH covid vs OF covid then we don't know. We just know that the numbers aren't accurate. We don't know how inaccurate they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

COVID killed, in the US, more people in the first six months than all of those viruses killed, in the World, in 25 years.

So long as you include people that die of gunshot wounds or motorcycle accidents as covid deaths.

Incorrect. That was a nice little bit of hysterical clickbait BS from the COVID times, but misattributed trauma deaths were less than 1% of recorded COVID deaths. It is sad that people are still repeating these falsehoods.

But it did happen. And since we haven't gone back and reviewed every single death to find the people that died WITH covid vs OF covid then we don't know. We just know that the numbers aren't accurate. We don't know how inaccurate they are.

Indeed . The greatest lie was that there were no therapeutics . Must have been " for the greater good " , as they like to say.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To go booze. To go food. Lots more outdoor dining.

Lots of "hard men" whining "I can't breath with a mask" while all the medical folks who had always worn them all on the regular rolled our eyes at such massive pussies, primadonnas, and other attention whores.

People were anxious and lost their shit over nothing. Practicing grace was a thing of the past.

Lots of leadership types made policies and proclamations without talking to the experts leading to stupid policies that accomplished little in terms of safety and much in terms of frustration.

Dumb motherfuckers thinking we'd all die.

Dumb motherfuckers thinking that it was made up.

Why the hell are we reminiscing about this?

Don't live in the past. Live a good life!

Oh. I saw it then.

I read "The Great Influenza" by Barry in January of 2020.

It made clear all the mistakes. We made them all again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember having a conversation with my parents about how bad it was and I was actually a bit frightened myself from all the hype.  This was in Feb of 2020.  On 3/15, my wife and I decided we were getting low on TP, so we spent the entire day trying to find some, to no avail.  The very next day... BOOM!!  Everything was shut down.  All restaurants, all movie theaters.  I couldn't get groceries until after 10 AM because 8-10 was reserved for the elderly.  One day the grocery store got in some TP.  I tried to grab one, but no.  Those were reserved for the elderly.

I wore a mask where required just because I didn't want to deal with any conflict.  It was just more of a bandana than anything, since it was HOT wearing those things in AZ.  I remember the directional signs in the grocery store.  I didn't follow those.  Having to wear a mask on a plane just plain sucked.

I laughed at the people who wear a mask outside or while driving.  I still do.  Sadly, this gave car thieves a way to do their mayhem and not be well identified.

On a good note, it proved that remote work can be done and done well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

COVID killed, in the US, more people in the first six months than all of those viruses killed, in the World, in 25 years.

So long as you include people that die of gunshot wounds or motorcycle accidents as covid deaths.

Incorrect. That was a nice little bit of hysterical clickbait BS from the COVID times, but misattributed trauma deaths were less than 1% of recorded COVID deaths. It is sad that people are still repeating these falsehoods.

Simply not true. We know that small percentage were mischaracterized.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were they put on ventilators and given kidney destroying medication they didn't need?

The closest person to me that I know who died "from covid" had that done to him.  Ended up dying from kidney failure and pneumonia.

The hospitals killed more people with their insane "treatment" protocols than the virus ever did.  Intubated people who they shouldn't have, gave them drugs that ruined their kidney function.  Yes some people can die from covid but many people also die from the flu each year.  Doesn't mean we should panic and overreact and change our entire way of life over the flu.

LOL being hospitalized with COVID had a roughly 1 in 4 rate of acute kindey injury because COVID fucks your shit up. Remdesivir increases this by about 5% but reduces mortality, reduces length of hospital stay, reduces oxygen requirement, and shortens recovery. Nobody is gonna call Remdesivir a miracle drug, but it definitely does more good than bad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Learn your history.
You clearly don't know it. And you clearly didn't take care of the patients.

Why don't you add up all the people who died or were hospitalized from those disease and tell me what that number is?

.....Snipped to see the part below in a quote....

Almost nobody knows anyone who knows anyone who died of the above.

We worry because these could have become what COVID was: most people know someone who died from COVID. Virtually everyone knows someone who knows someone who died from COVID.

View Quote

I know 4 people that have "died from kung flu" on the death certificate but ALL of them were probably going to die within the year from cancers or major heart issues (only one of these but this guy couldn't walk 40ft before having to sit down or they would pass out, he might have lived a bit longer but quality of life was already pathetic for over a decade).  I don't know a person that died only from kung flu, I know of one back from my childhood that did die from the regular flu.  This was terrible and I blame the parents as this person was a classmate and the parents failed to take them to the doctor or give them any over the counter medications.

The numbers they quoted for kung flu deaths was overblown, the CDC had to go back at least twice and say OOPS....our computer software overcounted or some other excuse to elevate the numbers.  Always trended down, how about that.  Then of course the "there are not treatments for it" is where the medical community as a whole just let people die.  If they did this with the regular flu the death numbers would skyrocket as well.  I mean lets not treat people and let them die was the only answer to get big pharma the payday they wanted.  

The part in bold and red....this is the problem that brings out my previous response to one of your post.  THEY CREATED THIS CRAP...of course they had a great idea of what it would do.  Which is why people are pissed and refuse to "let it go."  I wouldn't piss on fauci if he was on fire, his grave site will be a much better alternative.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Anyone who didn’t take it or objected kept pretty quiet. I am hoping there are lots of people who did not comply and just never said anything.

Lots of people who I would have assumed would object got the shots anyways.

Some tried to rationalize it by saying they got the J&J shot like that was a victory.

The UAW actually bellyached pretty good about the mandate. Some of the people in the office were unabashedly mocking them like they were dumb rednecks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were quite a few white collar engineers who followed the real science by not getting the shot or drinking the Kool Aid.

Anyone who didn’t take it or objected kept pretty quiet. I am hoping there are lots of people who did not comply and just never said anything.

Some tried to rationalize it by saying they got the J&J shot like that was a victory.

The UAW actually bellyached pretty good about the mandate. Some of the people in the office were unabashedly mocking them like they were dumb rednecks.

Correct. Most kept quiet. That also includes some docs who have their own practices.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Correct. Most kept quiet. That also includes some docs who have their own practices.
View Quote

For as woke as my employer is, the amount of people who refused including executives has really surprised me. People have just begun to discuss things over the past few months and I wasn’t here when the mandates were in place.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll remember that shit for a few reasons.

onee, the China virus killed my Nana. She died in a nursing home alone with none of her family with her. She may have had dimentia and didnt remember us often but I loved that old lady for how she was to me as a little kid. She didnt get the funeral she deserved because that was a "superspreader event" or some horseshit.

two, Americans lost their spines, bent the knee and turned on each other left and right. Frankly im surprised it didnt get bloody. I was asked to leave many places because i wouldnt play the mask game or follow fuckign arrows on the floor.

third, Gretchen Whitmer and her power trip. Fuck that cunt. I will never wish anything well for her. Then, unbelieveably, on the back of a fraudulent election aided by an incompetent MIGOP, she actually stayed in office. Closed bars the day before St Patricks, husband tried using "dont you know who i am" to launch their boat, tried telling us people coulnt gather at their homes, sending her gestapo after small businesses like hair salons and restaurants (many of those small businesses are now gone thanks to that cunt)

I met my sons mother. Two years after the plague, my son was born. Im no longer with her.

I'll never forget or forgive that shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was pretty pathetic at work but a few guys held out in my group. White collar engineers who think they’re so smart… turns out they’re probably dumber than most of the shop guys.

ETA for clarity:

I am upset with the hubris of the “educated” people who mocked those with the sense to reject the mandates.
View Quote

I find that there is a subset of educated people that will assume that everyone that didn't go to college doesn't have the mental capacity to pass college.  They will stick together thinking in their minds they are superior in some way.  Needless to say when some other "educated" person says something they will 100% believe it over their own eyeballs and "inside voice" saying this is all sorts of fucked up.  This is not limited to kung flu topics or just ARF either.  (please note I said subset, which means not all educated people.  Usually like a karen in the mix, they are the loudest to say something and appears to be a bigger group than they actually are....probably making up for other short comings.....)

Funny thing is look at all the educated people now asking for student loan forgiveness.  I mean you did have the intelligence to pick a degree that is desirable and might make a decent income right.....right?  So far the richest guy in my neighborhood is a HS dropout, got into the A/C business and now owns his own company which is completely paid for (owns all the buildings and company vehicles outright).  I am sure the gender studies/DEI course will provide a great resource when looking at the high and low sides of a compressor. /sarc.  

People can do what they want with their own bodies but once you cross into telling/ordering me what to do with mine, game over.  The education level doesn't change that fact.  The fact that 87% of all the information given to the public was fake just adds to this mess.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dude, that had to have been hard on one’s soul.

Sorry you had to witness that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my opinion, this was one of the worst Covid abuses.

Locking loved ones out of the nursing homes and assisted livings.

We have a nursing home.  All they do is end of life hospice patients.  They refused to let anyone in. That’s supposed to be looking out for your patient?   They can’t even have a loved one by them while they die?

I’ve told this story before.

We had a point where hospitals allowed visitors but nursing homes didn’t.  So anytime we got a patient from a nursing home, we would call their family and let them know they could come visit. Most people didn’t know they could visit in the ER. So we felt like we were doing the right thing and pulling one over on “the man”

We get this old lady that needed to get checked out at the ER.  She’s fine.  I call her son and he races over.  We get her in the er bed.  I walk out to the lobby to grab him and direct him (er is fucking huge)
We are walking and he tells me that his mother had early dementia at the start of this, but they alway got together for lunch on Wednesdays.  It was their routine and she looked forward to it every Wednesday.  

Well we walked into her room. I announced “you have a special visitor.”
She saw him and said “get out of here.  I don’t know this man.”  He begged her.  “Mom. It’s me.” She refused to believe it was her son.

He stepped out. We both cried in the hallway.  I almost never cry at work.  

Dude, that had to have been hard on one’s soul.

Sorry you had to witness that.

Yea.   I got really bitter towards any authority.  
I have one worst situation from Covid.  It’s still working its way through the courts. But it was a roller coaster of times.  We would be great.  Then next week it would be hell.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was once planning on working until I hit 9 figures or until I died. Well, I get the last laugh because as soon as I'm able, I'm done. Selling out, retreating to the homestead and living off of selling apples on the roadside for what little money I'll ever need again. So they can take all my potential tax earnings over the next 40 years of my life and shove them up their ass, because I'm going fucking Galt on these motherfuckers.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#16]

My grandson was born in October 2020, fuckers would not let ANYONE in the hospital to visit except the father.

He was a high risk pregnancy, exactly like my oldest sisters with the exact same condition and she lost her daughter during delivery back in the early 1980's.

Thankfully everything was fine with the delivery.

No way I am ever forgetting or forgiving that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remember when they wanted to have the unvaccinated lose their livelihoods and to be thrown into prison?
View Quote

I will never forget.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In my opinion, this was one of the worst Covid abuses.

Locking loved ones out of the nursing homes and assisted livings.

We have a nursing home.  All they do is end of life hospice patients.  They refused to let anyone in. That’s supposed to be looking out for your patient?   They can’t even have a loved one by them while they die?

I’ve told this story before.

We had a point where hospitals allowed visitors but nursing homes didn’t.  So anytime we got a patient from a nursing home, we would call their family and let them know they could come visit. Most people didn’t know they could visit in the ER. So we felt like we were doing the right thing and pulling one over on “the man”

We get this old lady that needed to get checked out at the ER.  She’s fine.  I call her son and he races over.  We get her in the er bed.  I walk out to the lobby to grab him and direct him (er is fucking huge)
We are walking and he tells me that his mother had early dementia at the start of this, but they alway got together for lunch on Wednesdays.  It was their routine and she looked forward to it every Wednesday.  

Well we walked into her room. I announced “you have a special visitor.”
She saw him and said “get out of here.  I don’t know this man.”  He begged her.  “Mom. It’s me.” She refused to believe it was her son.

He stepped out. We both cried in the hallway.  I almost never cry at work.  

View Quote

Similar story to a client of mine. His wife had a stroke right before the pandemic hit. They put her in a home for rehab. Then they stopped allowing anyone to see her. Not even her husband. She developed dementia and, by the time he was allowed to see her she didn't know who he was. Cancer got him and they lost their few remaining years together. But at least they didn't get covid.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Remember when they wanted to have the unvaccinated lose their livelihoods and to be thrown into prison?
View Quote

I haven't forgotten any of it. It was the worst time in the country in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Simply not true. We know that small percentage were mischaracterized.
View Quote

Really? We know exactly how many deaths were mischaracterized?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Everybody suddenly decided they were "outdoorsy" and all the usual outdoors recreational areas like state parks, the AT, etc, that were normally quite empty were suddenly bursting at the seams with people. It's still largely like that. It fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Everybody suddenly decided they were "outdoorsy" and all the usual outdoors recreational areas like state parks, the AT, etc, that were normally quite empty were suddenly bursting at the seams with people. It's still largely like that. It fucking sucks.
View Quote
It was a great time to be selling bicycles and home gym equipment.

Used stuff was going for more than new prices lmao.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What did you expect them to do?  Everything else was shut down.  The gyms were shut down for a lot of people.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#25]
There is talk about a new variant hitting this summer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one is going to care.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No one is going to care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is going to care.

I can think of a few here lol.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Similar story to a client of mine. His wife had a stroke right before the pandemic hit. They put her in a home for rehab. Then they stopped allowing anyone to see her. Not even her husband. She developed dementia and, by the time he was allowed to see her she didn't know who he was. Cancer got him and they lost their few remaining years together. But at least they didn't get covid.
View Quote

damn that horrible

..........if i'm ever on a jury for the fuckers responsible for this shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What did you expect them to do?  Everything else was shut down.  The gyms were shut down for a lot of people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, and it's a super petty complaint. But it was still annoying.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Worked more hours (at work) and dealt with more work related drama than ever in my life. Only time off I took were the 5 days I was required to stay home after getting covid.... After being forced to get vaccinated to keep my job.

Great times

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. every death was labeled as covid, go back and look at how we miraculously cured plain jane influenza during the corvid years.  No one got it!
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the election variant.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great, we get the "vaccine is poison" crowd supporting the guy who rushed through the vaccine and the "orange man bad" crowd who Believe in the vaccine opposing the guy who rushed through the vaccine. COVID really is the gift that keeps on giving for hypocrites.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Great, we get the "vaccine is poison" crowd supporting the guy who rushed through the vaccine and the "orange man bad" crowd who Believe in the vaccine opposing the guy who rushed through the vaccine. COVID really is the gift that keeps on giving for hypocrites.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Learn your history.

Why don't you add up all the people who died or were hospitalized from those disease and tell me what that number is?

SARS killed less than 1000 people, on the whole planet, EVER.

Swine flu and H1N1pdm09, these are the same thing. Kill a quarter million on the planet during that flu season. That's significant, but not COVID.

MERS killed less than 1000 people, on the whole planet, EVER.

Avian Influenza (and I'll include all the types for the last 25 years) killed less than 1000 people, on the whole planet, SO FAR.

We worry because these could have become what COVID was: most people know someone who died from COVID. Virtually everyone knows someone who knows someone who died from COVID.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hyped up dude.  not not taken serious.

were you around for SARS, H1N1, MRS, Swine Flu, Avian Influena? All during Obummers era, not a fucking peep, not one word when that shit came up through the border that was wide open, similar to today.  Fuck the left.
Learn your history.

Learn your history.

SARS killed less than 1000 people, on the whole planet, EVER.

Swine flu and H1N1pdm09, these are the same thing. Kill a quarter million on the planet during that flu season. That's significant, but not COVID.

MERS killed less than 1000 people, on the whole planet, EVER.

Avian Influenza (and I'll include all the types for the last 25 years) killed less than 1000 people, on the whole planet, SO FAR.

Lol.

The thread here was super helpful my wife is still grateful for the things I did because of some smart arf dudes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol.

The thread here was super helpful my wife is still grateful for the things I did because of some smart arf dudes.
View Quote
What did you do?
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was one end of the bell curve. The other end was eating livestock dewormer and calling for hangings because they thought they were turning magnetic. Most people lived in the middle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
All the love and support for healthcare workers back then.  Social media was flooded with that shit.  

Not taking away from people in healthcare, I wouldn't do that job, but at the same time I didn't really get the outpouring of support because isn't this what they normally do anyways?  I mean the beer flu could have been hemorrhagic fever, the medical field would still have to suit up and take care of people, no?
View Quote

never forget how swamped ER's and first responders were.  They couldn't put out choreographed tik tok videos fast enough demonstrating how hard they were working.  

fucking klown world was being eased upon the sheeple.  

Charlotte nurses go viral with coronavirus dance
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That was one end of the bell curve. The other end was eating livestock dewormer and calling for hangings because they thought they were turning magnetic. Most people lived in the middle.
View Quote

Here we go again with the ivermectin crap.

Maybe if doctors weren’t strong armed into refusing a harmless medication there wouldn’t be a problem
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Maybe if doctors weren’t strong armed into refusing a harmless medication there wouldn’t be a problem
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to be fair, I know quite a few people who took ivermectin, either prescribed or from the farm store, that swear by it.  I know, CSB.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
sure sure.gif
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Worked more hours (at work) and dealt with more work related drama than ever in my life. Only time off I took were the 5 days I was required to stay home after getting covid.... After being forced to get vaccinated to keep my job.

Great times

View Quote
i was looking forward to getting fired for not getting the old jabby jab jab.

collect unemployment for a year, catch up on sleep, lawyer the fuck up, get a nice wrongful termination settlement.

plus i'm exhausted from working and i need a break.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a huge vaccine cheerleader not surprised you think IVM is only a horse de-wormer.  It has only been around for decades given to humans but also helps treat animals as well.  Too bad you only feel like repeating the narrative crap.  

Then earlier in this thread you posted this:

Quoted:
I’m a little embarrassed to admit it, but the pandemic was the best two years of my life. Got paid to hang around the lake house and no one came to visit.

As someone here in the kung flu forums daily telling everyone they should take part in Big Pharma's sacred cow.  Then posting about your retirement from the airlines some time after 2021 and not too long after that about some medical complications you were having.  I have a hard time believing your timeline.  You would have been working the airlines in the deep part of the kung flu scandemic.  Most people had been "as back to normal as today" by early-mid 2023 if not sooner.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nurses flat out told me. It's a 3 to 4 hrs drip....to much to fast...it'll fick your kidneys.
Every piss after a does my urine would be almost ice tea brown. I had 2 water pitchers going the whole time..I was also getting Lasix (sp) water remover shots.
I'd drink till I pissed normal.
Week 3 I was coming off afib,dehydration and high white blood cells counts.
Total shit show in 21' they were just throwing shit at the wall and going by " protocol " ....
Ymmv
Glad my 1st ever hospital experience was during this fucking mess lmao
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I will say, sometimes I look at the timing of buying our place, and I shudder at how close we came to getting out clocks cleaned.
Closed on our house at the end of '19. Our first mortgage payment was January of '20. Got 2.75% on a 15-year note.
Wasn't long after, the real estate market went nuts and that was that. Those days... are... over.
View Quote

...those sweet, sweet days....are over.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#48]
I was part of some NJ Harley Davidson rider clubs on Facebook and when the lockdowns hit the groups banned anyone posting about going riding.

"If someone in a car has their window cracked open in front of you and they have Covid, you're gonna die!"

"The lockdowns are restricting leisure travel which includes riding motorcycles! This group will be targeted by the police and members arrested if pictures of people riding motorcycles get posted!"

It was extremely sad.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#49]
The whole character of our town changed. We live in a resort area that was mostly summer homes. COVID hit and people got into bidding wars over houses they hadn’t even seen. Suddenly most of the cars around here had NY, NJ and MA license plates.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were quite a few white collar engineers who followed the real science by not getting the shot or drinking the Kool Aid.

I worked at a forklift dealership as a field technician.

When they started talking about mandatory vaccines, only one guy out of around 30 went and got it. Everyone else basically told the service manager that we'd quit before we got the vaccine. I'm sure that some of those people ended up getting it eventually but in my experience, people who got the vaccine kept it quiet.

It was nice not dealing with traffic and since a lot of other businesses weren't open for a while, I spent a lot of time on service calls at grocery stores and food distribution warehouses so I'd always check on what was in stock and check in with "my people" and get things they needed and we're having trouble finding. Personally, my only failure was that I didn't have an extra pack of coffee filters and I had to buy some during the great tp shortage. There was no problem getting more but now I keep an extra pack in the pantry and buy another one when I open the spare.

My biggest bitch about the whole situation is that it cost me my last grandmother. Right before the lockdowns, she had some imaging done for another issue and they accidentally found a small spot of cancer on her pancreas. The doctors were saying that since it was so early and she was healthy and fit that they'd probably be able to remove the cancer and she'd be fine.  FF a couple of weeks and we get COVID bs. She's a little cautious about it and only wants us to come visit when we can sit outside, so that limited when we could visit to a degree. The worst part was that her surgery was cancelled because it was an elective surgery and she ended up passing about a year later. She was healthy as an ox prior to that. She and her boyfriend were out cutting firewood together the previous year. She was 82.  At least she eventually quit worrying about COVID and wanted us to come visit whenever we could.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top