Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2024 7:32:49 PM EDT

What comes to mind when you see this flag? What emotions does it elicit? Ignoring the history of what it may have meant in the past and what it could mean in the future, is it something you are proud of in 2024?

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The flag represents the entirety of the United States and is not the personal pennant of whatever group of gypsies, tramps, and thieves are in political control.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Something to fight for, and something to never let anyone take away from us.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
A reflection back on our history and what we built, and now how it is all slipping away.  Grasped by butterfingered hands, desperately clawing to bring back the great status that it once was.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i don't suit up for the merican flag or you or your useless fellow mericans.

merica was lost many decades ago.  flag in 2024 is a symbol of what merica was.

guys like me fight for the men (and women) next to us.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The feelings are overwhelmingly positive.  However, also a tinge of sadness watching the Republic get destroyed.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Elicit
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Positive. Flag represents the country and the ideals it was founded on, not the current gov.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Shame of what America has become and the majority of people that populate it.

People don't even have a damn clue what ''freedom'' is anymore and it damn well isn't working to pay a huge portion of your pay in taxes to support deadbeats here and across the globe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Wonder why most Demoncraps hate the flag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

People don't even have a damn clue what ''freedom'' is anymore and it damn well isn't working to pay a huge portion of your pay in taxes to support deadbeats here and across the globe.
View Quote
so when are you leaving?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
shitshow
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#13]
In questions like this. I do not like polls. I like to see who and how they feel. Instead of hiding behind a poll.

American flags represents the greatest nation on earth. But we are under siege by traitors right now. So five people have neutral or negative feelings when they see our nations symbol.

RLTW
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Pride in everything that we as a country have gone through.
The good and bad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I have saluted that Flag on 4 continents at morning colors over a 24 year period of service.  I have received that Flag at my sons funeral. That Flag is my personal Flag and represents my life, my honor and my family.  FJB
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#17]
In at 91.9% before the liberal call to arms to hit the poll.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#18]
It reminds me, mine out front is getting a bit faded and needs to be replaced before Independence Day.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Something still worth fighting for.

There once was a famous Federal Judge named Learned Hand, one of three great jurists produced by a Wisconsin family of note. He presided at the July 4th, 1956 naturalization ceremony on the New York City Central Park Sheep Meadow where my Father and 100 others, including many fellow Holocaust Survivors, swore allegiance as newly minted citizens of the United States. After administering the oath of allegiance to the United States of America, he concluded the ceremony by addressing the following words to them:

“And now, my Fellow Citizens, let us pledge allegiance to this Republic, a place that never was and never will be,        
     except in the hearts and minds of free people everywhere”.

This country is a concept continuously under construction and under attack. It can no more be finished and complete than humanity can be perfected. As an ideal, as the most practicable ideation of the just state, it remains, as envisioned by the Founders, worth defending, irrespective of the imperfections of those that pretend to lead it. As mankind’s best last hope, it remains worth the sacrifice and cost of defending.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The feelings are overwhelmingly positive.  However, also a tinge of sadness watching the Republic get destroyed.
View Quote

Same here.  Seeing the flag still makes me feel good and think of all the good things we have in this country.  I do worry what the future might bring...
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I love it. It represents us. I also love how things shook out where all of us MAGA domestic extremists are identified with the Stars and Stripes and the other side is using rainbows, pussy hats and black ANTIFA garb.

You could take any apolitical zero info person off the street and tell them... Its these guys (US flag) vs. these guys (rainbow commies) and they would instantly have a good idea of what was going on. Being identified with THE flag carries a lot of weight when considering the bigger picture.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Still positive to me. Especially if it pisses off a purple hair Democrat.
Unfortunately it does seem to be losing some luster.
MAGA.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#23]
As long as commies want to burn it or replace it with rainbow faggotry, the Stars and Stripes make me proud.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I love my Country.  We are going to take it back for the sake of our children.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I have one hanging on my house
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In questions like this. I do not like polls. I like to see who and how they feel. Instead of hiding behind a poll.

American flags represents the greatest nation on earth. But we are under siege by traitors right now. So five people have neutral or negative feelings when they see our nations symbol.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laFFKBU-434473-247.gif

RLTW
View Quote
Mostly negative for me. My reaction is the flag of a nation that is $34 trillion in debt, the most entitled, arrogant, pampered citizenry in world history, some of whom still like to think of themselves as rugged and self sufficient and of the same stock as the founding class, but the vast majority of whom are in all practicality massively dependent on govt and ever-growing deficits and would be crying uncle the moment the unsustainable stimulus stopped flowing

And while there is still a segment of the population that has some commonality with the values that the country was founded on, the flag no longer embodies those values, much like a plane in an irrecoverable stall, plummeting to the ground with all engines ablaze, no longer represents a functional aircraft.

It's the flag of a country that in 40 years will be some weird 3rd world amalgam of Latin America, India and the Islamic world, because the only people that politically represent the segment of the population that is decent are impotent blowhards.

But there are still several state flags that elicit positive emotions, and I appreciate some of the freedoms and luxuries that still exist as the country approaches its twilight
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#27]
That flag represents whatever regime is currently spiraling us down the toilet.

I'm a patriot constitutionalist so I fly this at my home.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
so when are you leaving?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so when are you leaving?

What I said doesn't mean I don't care, it means I'm not blind like you are.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Love of country and anger at those who attack it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#30]
As an immigrant, the flag represents my salvation from the Communism that seems to be taking over my birth country.
Old Glory sways proudly in front of my house, and I have a US flag made out of wood in my study that was made and signed by a military veteran.
My naturalization certificate sits on a shelf next to me as I work.
Right next to it is a copy of the US Constitution.
I love this country, my country, and I love the flag that represents it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Colonial Army,  

black man in front of the Father Of The Country and a woman in men's clothing, rowing between deflecting ice to kill the soldiers of a tyrant on Christmas Day.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Look at it every morning at 545 outside work while making my tea, kinda bummed when it’s not waving
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It reminds me, mine out front is getting a bit faded and needs to be replaced before Independence Day.

View Quote

Just replaced my 4 x 6 a couple weeks ago. Hard to find one anymore that lasts a while.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#34]
"A republic. If you can keep it..."
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#35]
A beautiful "Fuck you" position, lost forever. King George III looks like a fucking birthday present.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
love it or leave it, bud.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Union. Brotherhood. Bravery. Fuck you and your king. Fuck you tyranny. Honor. Liberty. Free men.

That’s what it means to me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can love something but realize what it has become is not what it was supposed to be.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The flag represents the entirety of the United States and is not the personal pennant of whatever group of gypsies, tramps, and thieves are in political control.
View Quote
For better or worse.

But we're not in a marriage. Ultimately this nation should probably be 4 or 5 different ones.
Texas, please FFS, do the needful.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#40]
It's 2024 and we even have to explore this question.
This alone tells us way too much.

1/2 this country and most of the other countries in the world hate our flag.

If it wasn't for the $$$ we give, they would join and overthrow us from the inside.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#41]
The symbol of the American experience / experiment.  The light of the world and symbol of freedom  . Hated now by the Globalist as it was then .  Democracy is codespeak for something evil and dark .
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL that isn’t much better when 10% or more are illegal immigrants and the other 40% are leftists
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#43]
… and to the Republic for which it stands…
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#44]
The better question is what does it mean to the millions of illegals that have infested this nation.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#45]
It's pretty much everything I've got... I hate the degenerat shitweasels that pretend to represent it and dishonor it with their lies and crimes..

That flag represents something overwhelming positive and really pretty special when I look at it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In at 91.9% before the liberal call to arms to hit the poll.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Positive emotions primarily with strong undertones of how modern day career politicians have tarnished it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Neg and Neutral should GTFO.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#49]
You know, I watched this a day or two back. And it made me decide to put the flag I brought home from Bagram in 21 up in my shop.

IF ONLY EVERY AMERICAN WATCHED THIS - Ragged Old Flag Continued - Travis Haley
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn straight I'm proud of it. It's the flag of the greatest country on earth.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top