Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2024 7:23:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: belchfire]
Looking at a couple of watches. I like the magnified date" />.
" />

I should add 2399.00 top 2199 bottom
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Entry level luxury brand. They have some good looking watches.

If memory serves, they use modified ETA movements. Would make local servicing much easier.

Personally, I'd look at pre-owned Omega or Tudor for the price, but again they have good looking watches.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't pay retail. Often can find new for up to 50% off.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:59:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: belchfire] [#3]
Appreciate the replies. I have a oris - luminox & 20 year old Swiss army all low end watches.
My old eyes like the magnified date. I find the complications more attractive than brand, if a quality brand. I definitely could get a Rolex date but old and lum is probably dim. Omaga in that price range are mostly Quartz movement and that's ok, but I'm hung on this magnified date
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a great brand (US owned but mfg in Switzerland) with a pretty cool backstory if you are into the history.  I have a Ball Engineer II and think it's great.  For the money there are better options on the used market, some mentioned here.  It's worth thinking through tritium vs traditional lume.  I have tritium dials in mine (and I removed the date cyclops). 10 years sounds like a long time but it goes by fast.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have three Balls…

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
They make a nice watch. I encourage you to handle them as much as possible. I was planning on buying one a couple years back, and went in a different direction after spending some time with it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a ball.
Lost a bid on a omaga seamaster. I may bid on another but I like the ball better
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 12:30:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nytmayr] [#8]
Have an old school Ball, manual wind type. Really like it. I find many of the mid to upper priced
watches too gaudy and well, busy. I like the simplicity of my ball.

It is a Master II Engineer Officer.

Link Posted: 9/9/2024 11:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: safes2small] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IDidThat:
Don't pay retail. Often can find new for up to 50% off.
View Quote

The watches at Jomashop are typically more than 5 years old. So slightly reduced lume. Teddybalassarre and Exquisite Timepieces offer actual new models less than retail.

Just used Exquisite to pre order a Ball Engineer M Normandy, retail $2,499 for $1,999.

Was even able to get the serial number to match my grandfather’s LST #.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top