Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/16/2024 11:09:00 PM EDT
I don't want to think so, but in the late spring/summer months in two consecutive election years, the Court has voted in keeping with conservative values on major potential trigger issues for Lefties. Namely, overturning Roe v. Wade two years ago, and vacating the bumpstock and pistol brace rule interpretations just recently.
It almost looks like they're doing their best to rally liberals just in time for November.
Am I being paranoid? Crazy?
Please tell me I'm overreacting
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, excellent point.

They should vote for lib shit to not piss off libs.

That's some battered woman philosophy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome fellow Supreme Court enthusiast.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't want to think so, but in the late spring/summer months in two consecutive election years, the Court has voted in keeping with conservative values on major potential trigger issues for Lefties. Namely, overturning Roe v. Wade two years ago, and vacating the bumpstock and pistol brace rule interpretations just recently.
It almost looks like they're doing their best to rally liberals just in time for November.
View Quote

No just retarded fren.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You're never more than a year away from some 'important' election.

And, the libs don't really care that much about bump stocks.  If they were too lazy before to vote, this decision isn't what will get them off the couch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two outta three ain't bad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, excellent point.

View Quote

This.  Fuck the left and everything they want.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Uh, would you have preferred they ruled against us, to cement us losing at the SCOTUS as case law, just so we could win and… then maybe gets a court to change that again a lifetime from now?

Or would you prefer the courts just not hear our cases for years until you decide the time is “right”?

… this is just a silly question.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I can only say there is no point in winning if you are too timid to make policy changes in line with your values. The opposition already doesn't like you. They will not like you any less for vigorously pursuing your goals. They were never go to vote for you even if you gave them everything they ask for.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, excellent point.

View Quote

I'm not arguing with the decisions. It's the timing that's suspicious. The brace rule not so much, that deserved to get shut down right away. But the others could have been put on the back burner until right after the general elections of each year
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe the bigger issue we need to address is that conservative positions drive away voters.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Hollee Fuq op, 87D chess observation!!!

If you pay me I’ll subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously though, look at this shit critically. Even RGB said Roe was bad law and adding verbiage to legal documents written in the 30s to make something illegal by an alphabet agency that has no legal authority to make law? I’m a fucking photographer and can see how stupid that shit is.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]
SCOTUS had been left leaning for a long time. I do not remember people shrieking about the court 15 - 20 years ago.

Imagine if Reagan or Bush would have suggested 5 judges  they would appoint, be added to the court?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#17]
No matter the outcome, everything is a build a burger NWO globohomo 4D chess scheme to subvert expectations.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can only say there is no point in winning if you are too timid to make policy changes in line with your values. The opposition already doesn't like you. They will not like you any less for vigorously pursuing your goals. They were never go to vote for you even if you gave them everything they ask for.

View Quote

No, but giving them a rally point at a convenient time seems like a poor tactic.
How many might have stayed home if it weren't for the Roe decision?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#19]
They're doing their job.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes, excellent point.

View Quote

First post nailed it is a remarkable thing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't think they give 2 shits about the politics.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Maybe the bigger issue we need to address is that conservative positions drive away voters.
View Quote

Ab solutely not. If that's true, then what's the point of having those values?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if we let them win now maybe they'll let us win later. Maybe. Maybe. Please?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Seriously though, look at this shit critically. Even RGB said Roe was bad law and adding verbiage to legal documents written in the 30s to make something illegal by an alphabet agency that has no legal authority to make law? I’m a fucking photographer and can see how stupid that shit is.
View Quote

The fact that RBG thought so hasn't been a persuasive argument with any lefties I've talked to
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#26]
The case worked it's way through the courts and was brought before them

If they passed on granting cert, you would be saying they're torpedoing gun rights or something along those lines

They take it, and slap the atf around, and it's now a conspiracy that a case brought by a gun store owner and 2a activist, represented by the former texas solicitor general
and these guys was decided in their favor to give the election to tha libs

let's use our brains
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#27]
OP I will not be subscribing to your newsletter
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#28]
The entire establishment is trying to torpedo conservatives along with their propaganda arm of the media.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#29]
If you didn't know, the USSC runs on a pretty regular schedule, so most rulings will come about early summer, before they go on break.  Thats just the nature of their calendar.  So it will be right around the time of primary elections.

They only have rulings on the emergency docket coming out during the rest of the year.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Meh. First of all I think 2020 was stolen, but again if you are afraid to use your power you don't deserve it. If you concern was at all true, the left would also tread carefully now, but they are full speed ahead. They don't care what we think. They are in our face everyday doing ever more outrageous things.
Appeasement is and always has been a losing strategy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol fuck the liberals
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The fact that RBG thought so hasn't been a persuasive argument with any lefties I've talked to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So? If set up for a vote I’m sure RGB would have voted to keep Roe in place. It just proves what we are up against. To them the ends justify the means.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you didn't know, the USSC runs on a pretty regular schedule, so most rulings will come about early summer, before they go on break.  Thats just the nature of their calendar.  So it will be right around the time of primary elections.

They only have rulings on the emergency docket coming out during the rest of the year.
View Quote

Yep. The timing has been consistent for decades. The conspiracy is that OP didn't bother to notice or care that SCOTUS was raping us every Spring for decades.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
This is stupid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are triggered by everything. I repeat, they are triggered by EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm not arguing with the decisions. It's the timing that's suspicious. The brace rule not so much, that deserved to get shut down right away. But the others could have been put on the back burner until right after the general elections of each year
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, excellent point.

Major cases are almost always released in June. It’s tradition.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Abortion was one thing but I really don't think bump stocks is going to affect the election much at all especially this far out. Would you rather lose every single court case? If you're going to win one once in awhile this is going to happen.
Bump stocks isn't going to change anything. There really isn't that much passion about that, those that are really upset about it were voting Democrat anyway.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:41:45 AM EDT
[#40]
The Supreme Court is suppose to vote on the legality of laws in accordance with th US Constitution.

That's it!

Roe vs Wade had nothing to do with the US Constitution.

It's a state issue in line with the 10th Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:48:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The SC isn't the one bringing those cases up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:20:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Hint: Liberals are not going to vote for a Conservative or Republican. No matter how much you lean toward them or compromise.  I wish the RINOs understood that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:30:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Sometimes I think this place could fuck up a glass of water.  FFS OP
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They're doing their job.
View Quote
Finally.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:10:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:05:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#48]
ETA; I didn't think they vacated the pistol brace ruling. Wasn't that a lower court?

Anyway, what would you have them do, keep unconstitutional guns laws in place just to not concern the libs?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You're never more than a year away from some 'important' election.

And, the libs don't really care that much about bump stocks.  If they were too lazy before to vote, this decision isn't what will get them off the couch.
View Quote

its not the bumpstock itself its the connection to the nations deadliest mass shooting. Every single story I've seen online and on mainstream news has bumpstocks and then immediately goes into the nations deadliest shooting in vegas.

"Machine gun"
"Nations deadliest shooting"

Reporting that it will happen again because of this conservative ruling. The need to "Save" the nation has never been greater
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#50]
RvW during the red wave midterms was too much of a coincidence to of not been planned.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top