Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Israel currently under attack (Page 544 of 956)
Page / 956
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ascendent:
Back up cement trucks and seal them in.  Let them die in the dark, screaming out to their impotent god to save them, ripping at the concrete until their fingernails are gone and the nerve roots are pouring blood.  They can die with broken minds, starving or dying from a lack of oxygen.  

If their god were real, they wouldn't need to murder babies to further their agendas.  They worship Satan and It is reveling in their stupidity and goatish behavior.
View Quote

An underground spring can swallow truck after truck for days. Btdt

A planned pour for a foundation a half a city block can take a hundred trucks all night and half the day

My point, you would have to get really really really really lucky to take a few mixers and seal anything up.

A little debris in the entrance and pour over that and you can seal that entrance, but cave filling is next to impossible
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GS_mk2:

Pretty far away, that was quite the gap from flash to bang. I bet that was loud as fuck directly under it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GS_mk2:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
20 sec video clip in tweet. Posted about 25 mins ago.

Pretty far away, that was quite the gap from flash to bang. I bet that was loud as fuck directly under it.

We had one of those right on our compound in Balad - (Fernandez Long Plank). When that bitch let loose it was full shit yer pants. I remember riding my little hadji bicycle past one on the way to Ops.. I looked up at it and the thing started quickly moving and tracking.. I was only about 100’ away (probably less) and about jumped off my bike running like a bitch.. lol. It was comforting having one within 100yds of my hooch though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Skywarner:

The Iranian mullahs must be laughing hysterically tonight knowing that the potato didn’t lay down the law.
View Quote

They can smell weakness
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

Bill Cosby had track on a record back in the 60's where God asked Noah how long he could tread water.
View Quote

"I want you to build an ark"
"Right.  What's an ark?"
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Back up cement trucks and seal them in.  Let them die in the dark, screaming out to their impotent god to save them, ripping at the concrete until their fingernails are gone and the nerve roots are pouring blood.  They can die with broken minds, starving or dying from a lack of oxygen.  

If their god were real, they wouldn't need to murder babies to further their agendas.  They worship Satan and It is reveling in their stupidity and goatish behavior.
View Quote
Couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Worthy to note:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad#Evolution_of_the_term_in_Islamic_jurisprudence
Islamic theologian Abu Abdullah al-Muhajir has been identified as the key theorist and ideologue behind modern jihadist violence.[204] His theological and legal justifications influenced Abu Musab al-Zarqawi of al-Qaeda as well as several jihadi terrorist groups, including ISIS.[204] Zarqawi used a manuscript of al-Muhajir's ideas at AQI training camps that were later deployed by ISIS, referred to as The Jurisprudence of Jihad or The Jurisprudence of Blood.[204][205][206]

The book has been described as rationalising "the murder of non-combatants" by The Guardian's Mark Towsend, citing Salah al-Ansari of Quilliam, who notes: "There is a startling lack of study and concern regarding this abhorrent and dangerous text [The Jurisprudence of Blood] in almost all Western and Arab scholarship".[205] Charlie Winter of The Atlantic describes it as a "theological playbook used to justify the group's abhorrent acts".[204] He states:

Ranging from ruminations on the merits of beheading, torturing, or burning prisoners to thoughts on assassination, siege warfare, and the use of biological weapons, Muhajir's intellectual legacy is a crucial component of the literary corpus of ISIS—and, indeed, whatever comes after it—a way to render practically anything permissible, provided, that is, it can be spun as beneficial to the jihad. [...] According to Muhajir, committing suicide to kill people is not only a theologically sound act, but a commendable one, too, something to be cherished and celebrated regardless of its outcome. [...] neither Zarqawi nor his inheritors have looked back, liberally using Muhajir's work to normalize the use of suicide tactics in the time since, such that they have become the single most important military and terrorist method—defensive or offensive—used by ISIS today. The way that Muhajir theorized it was simple—he offered up a theological fix that allows any who desire it to sidestep the Koranic injunctions against suicide.[204]

Psychologist Chris E. Stout also discusses the al Muhajir-inspired text in his book, Terrorism, Political Violence, and Extremism. He assesses that jihadists regard their actions as being "for the greater good"; that they are in a "weakened in the earth" situation that renders terrorism a valid means of solution.[206]
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
CNN reporting illumination flares and small arms tracer fire by the border with Israel and Gaza
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PN5X5:
Did I hear right that there are 300 miles of tunnels under Gaza?  If true, how does an Army clear 300 miles of tunnels without a ton of casualties?
View Quote

Flood them
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:
Israel has $201 billion in foreign reserves.  That's cash.  They don't need $14 billion from us.  They are rich enough to fund this war.
View Quote
The US wants to control Israel's actions and there's a lot of Israel leadership that are perfectly OK with being buddies with the US and following orders (see recent uprising in Israel against Netanyahu and Netanyahu's quick congrats to Biden).  

We get intel back for the Izzies and technology towards our defense industry.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Did I hear right that there are 300 miles of tunnels under Gaza?  If true, how does an Army clear 300 miles of tunnels without a ton of casualties?
View Quote

Very slowly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Doubt it would work there is probably many hidden openings all over the place. You wouldn't find them all. Better to just fill it up with water or poison/gas of some sort.

Maybe just pump it full of sea water.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By xciapup:

The definition of a tunnel is that it has an opening.  If someone were to cover that opening, it would no longer be a tunnel.  It would be a tomb.
View All Quotes

The definition of a tunnel is that it has an opening.  If someone were to cover that opening, it would no longer be a tunnel.  It would be a tomb.
Just make sure the power it taken out, then its a dark tomb
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
no way, that’s so crazy…
View Quote

Real Life CSAT is kinda underwhelming....
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Pants223:

Flood them
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pants223:

Flood them

When you find an entrance, you run an exhaust pipe from an idling vehicle after sealing it well. You do this at every entrance you find. Eventually they will abandon the tunnels or die of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:26:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#15]
View All Quotes

Cool.

What do you do when it has 60 openings, and you don't know where they all are?

Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

When you find an entrance, you run an exhaust pipe from an idling vehicle after sealing it well. You do this at every entrance you find. Eventually they will abandon the tunnels or die of carbon monoxide poisoning.

You think that will displace all the oxygen in 300 miles of tunnels?  What if they have positive air systems installed?

Subterranean operations is a massive problem, and the Army has yet to crack it on a large scale, which probably means its not going to be solved as easily as some of you guys seem to think.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Gaza's tunnels (video at link).
View Quote
The tunnels are under hospitals, schools and mosques.

The palis not leaving are leaving the tunnels untouched  
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
My doctor friend shared this video cross post from the news thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlxjtVcN5mQ

They have obviously prepared for this and have current equipment and training.  

Note, all the Israelis are fit.
View Quote

Damn, that was good, should be shared everywhere to help people grasp this better.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

Very slowly.
View All Quotes

Very slowly.
God bless them because eff that stuff.

My father never wanted to be in them in Vietnam and my former neighbor mentioned it once regarding his Vietnam experience.  I'd just be pumping it full of phosphine and claim I was killing the bugs. Of course said chemical was a gas used in WWI (primarily phosgene) but phosphine is used quite frequently today for pest control.

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Doubt it would work there is probably many hidden openings all over the place. You wouldn't find them all. Better to just fill it up with water or poison/gas of some sort.

View All Quotes

Yeah, water is what I’d do, but you’d need a metric fuck ton of it. And Lol @ the tunnel dude thinking “oh water won’t work it’ll just absorb into the ground and we have drains…”    lol , ok bitch…  we ain’t usin no Harbor Freight pumps… stand the fuck by…
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

Aloha snackbar
Aloha snackbar.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
Originally Posted By NY12ga:
Originally Posted By Skywarner:
…“Talib don’t like it…”

Fuck that pootah
Fuck that pootah

Aloha snackbar
Aloha snackbar.

That bread is not rising
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Cool.

You think that will displace all the oxygen in 300 miles of tunnels?  What if they have positive air systems installed?

Subterranean operations is a massive problem, and the Army has yet to crack it on a large scale, which probably means its not going to be solved as easily as some of you guys seem to think.
View All Quotes

Cool.

I get that. It is a problem. How do you think they should solve it ?

Seems to me flooding it might be an option. Water is going to settle at the lowest point so if you keep pumping it in it from each opening should fill the tunnel systems.

What is the downside ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MarineGrunt:

Yeah, water is what I’d do, but you’d need a metric fuck ton of it. And Lol @ the tunnel dude thinking “oh water won’t work it’ll just absorb into the ground and we have drains…”    lol , ok bitch…  we ain’t usin no Harbor Freight pumps… stand the fuck by…
View All Quotes

They are right next to the sea. They have time to wait just start pumping it in and guard the entrances. Might take awhile to fill it all, I think they have the time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naocus] [#23]

Cool.

View All Quotes

Cool.

SPOT
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]

I get that. It is a problem. How do you think they should solve it ?

Seems to me flooding it might be an option. Water is going to settle at the lowest point so if you keep pumping it in it from each opening should fill the tunnel systems.

What is the downside ?
View Quote

You have zero idea of the size, layout, number of openings, etc. So the plan is to just sit there and pump water indefinitely and hope for the best?  For days, weeks, months?

We're talking hundreds of miles of tunnels.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarineGrunt] [#25]

They are right next to the sea. They have time to wait just start pumping it in and guard the entrances. Might take awhile to fill it all, I think they have the time.
View All Quotes

Yeah, but doing the quick math… assuming 300 miles of tunnel and guessing the majority is 6’ wide and 9’ high, that’s about 115 trillion gallons of water. Might need a few pumps. Ha.

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:45:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HourOfAngle] [#26]
Biblical proportions type flood to fill them. Lot less to flush them out but still a lot of water. If you look at the pics they have posted it's not some crawl around in type tunnel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fisherman] [#27]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

You’re not destroying underground tunnels with a MOAB.

According to Wiki:

Given that we only have 14 MOABs the better alternative is to carpet bomb Gaza with more conventional ordinance.

How can we destroy tunnels you may ask? With MOAB’s cousin, the MOP!

View Quote

But even if they carpet bomb the place it's still about the tunnels. Not an expert but do the the Israelis have a way to deploy a MOP if they had one/some?

They do have C130s so one might think delivering a MOAB or something like a MOAB might be within reach even if mods were required to the aircraft. According to the I-net the MOAB has a blast radius of one mile. So about equal to a Davy Crockett which we don't have anymore. No radiation with the same effect would be a plus. You can close a lot of access points and air vents with that kind of tool. Clearly the MOAB will not be effective on deep reinforced structures but a tunnel system loses some of it's attractiveness if you can't maintain access, risk having people and material trapped, etc. Dropping a couple would likely cause some behavior modification for the enemy on several levels.  Sure would for me. Naturally any enemy defensive positions and combatants on the surface in that one mile radius are going to be impacted.

Back in the day the MOAB only cost about $200K each to build so kind of cheap by todays standards. Let's say $1million per copy in today dollars. SWAG is a single Merkava costs several times that.

If we still have some I'm not sure what we would ever do with them but it's possible the technology is simple enough for the Israelis to build a very small number and deploy some of them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Just shovel some sand in there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wingnutx:

Just shovel some sand in there.
View Quote

Pump seawater in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Iran has launched a world war: ex-DOD official

Way to go Brandon!
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:53:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: METT-T] [#31]
How many posts in this thread about pumping the tunnels full of water? How many about pumping them full of gas? A hundred? Two hundred?

There are about a dozen from people who have an understanding of the issue. The one guy's Kurdish tunnels vid has been posted a couple of times. Somebody linked the Army's Subterranean Operations manual. It's not going to be easy to pump them full of water and gas. But for every post with info there's a dozen with "Tunnels? Well I'd just pump 'em full of sea water!"

Same for "Well they should just bomb the place flat!"

Thread quality is declining faster than Biden.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#32]

Cool.

View All Quotes

Cool.

Do what the ents did to isengard.

Flood it.

The ocean is right next door. Setup pumps, seal the entrances you pump into, and rev up a few pumper ships. You stop pumping when you don't see the water coming out anywhere new AND the water level doesn't go down when you quit pumping.

Fill the entire complex.

ETA: Get a nuclear powered ship, hook it up, and just let it rip.

You really don't even need to fill 100% of the tunnels. You just need to make it useless, and leave the combatants in there till there's no way they aren't room-temperature.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Cool.

View All Quotes

Cool.

Nothing short of chemical weapons would really be effective on a tunnel system.  And even that has all sorts of problems.  The truth of the matter is they won't be able to grub out all the tunnels, ever.  So you drop entrances as you find them.  Collapse them whenever practical with explosives.  And grind them down by attrition.  That's expensive and bloody.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#34]
We don't even know where all the entrances to the DC Metro are anymore, but the IDF is supposed to locate and secure every spider hole leading into a 300 mile labyrinth in an enemy area they don't control?

Then they are supposed to pump trillions of gallons of water into it, and hope that hundreds of miles of tunnels under the strip that has a 25 mile coastline doesn't have any sort of drainage mechanism.

Then maybe they can put plastic sheeting up and run the exhaust pipe of a Toyota Camry into the mix for the next 45 years or so.

Keep them coming guys, Im overseas and haven't even started my day yet and this all pure gold.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By METT-T:
How many posts in this thread about pumping the tunnels full of water? How many about pumping them full of gas? A hundred? Two hundred?

There are about a dozen from people who have an understanding of the issue. The one guy's Kurdish tunnels vid has been posted a couple of times. Somebody linked the Army's Subterranean Operations manual. It's not going to work to pump them full of water and gas. But for every post with info there's a dozen with "Tunnels? Well I'd just pump 'em full of sea water!"

Same for "Well they should just bomb the place flat!"

Thread quality is declining faster than Biden.
View Quote
Thats been going on since the start.  Dont be a concern troll.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Then maybe they can put plastic sheeting up and run the exhaust pipe of a Toyota Camry into the mix for the next 45 years or so.

View Quote

That's why Pedo Joe wants them to have electric vehicles! Rabble rabble rabble!
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#37]
We don't even know where all the entrances to the DC Metro are anymore, but the IDF is supposed to locate and secure every spider hole leading into a 300 mile labyrinth in an enemy area they don't control?

Then they are supposed to pump trillions of gallons of water into it, and hope that hundreds of miles of tunnels under the strip that has a 25 mile coastline doesn't have any sort of drainage mechanism.

Keep them coming guys, Im overseas and haven't even started my day yet and this all pure gold.
View Quote

Yes, you can be a cute smartass.

eta: maybe help brainstorm?

eta2: you don't have to find all the entrances. You only seal up the ones you're pumping into *to create enough pressure to overcome airpockets.*
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:
Tunnel bears were actually used during  the Roman seige of Themiscyra in northern Turkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDh2zGgVZzM
7:50 into video.
View Quote
Great, then send in cocaine bears
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I don't want to de-rail the thread but I'm a pump guy.  The US can definetely provide the equipment to do a massive pumping operation, and probably fairly quickly.

I'm not sure how it would play out in side tunnels, tunnels with "drainage", etc but I think pumping 5,000 gpm of sea water in every tunnel entrance the IDF can find all at the same time would be worth a try.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jake23l:

Damn, that was good, should be shared everywhere to help people grasp this better.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
My doctor friend shared this video cross post from the news thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlxjtVcN5mQ

They have obviously prepared for this and have current equipment and training.  

Note, all the Israelis are fit.

Good video, but that doctor is coked up. lol.. I guess id be too if i had to be up for days saving lives.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Israel should ask Union Carbide for some info on how to clean out the tunnels effectively of everyone.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

eta2: you don't have to find all the entrances. You only seal up the ones you're pumping into *to create enough pressure to overcome airpockets.*
View Quote

Brainstorm? You think you are going to crack the case?

I've executed SbTO before and planned for a lot more. I guess the ATP has been linked in here, try reading that and you will understand you are way out of your depth.  Like so far that you cannot even begin to define the problem much less address it.

Have a coffee, go for a walk, and enjoy your day without stressing yourself out over solving a major strategic level capability gap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:02:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: METT-T] [#43]

View All Quotes

How about a bunch of RC cars with 300 ft control wires, a camera, and a block of C4?

How about underground MICLICs?

At the end of the day it's mostly going to be dudes with rifles and grenades and demo. Maybe some shortcuts or whiz-bang toys where they make sense. But mostly deliberate, difficult fighting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#44]

I don't want to de-rail the thread but I'm a pump guy.  The US can definetely provide the equipment to do a massive pumping operation, and probably fairly quickly.

I'm not sure how it would play out in side tunnels, tunnels with "drainage", etc but I think pumping 5,000 gpm of sea water in every tunnel entrance the IDF can find all at the same time would be worth a try.
View Quote

Hopefully there are no sealable doors or compartmentalization inside this massive 300 mile underground megastructure.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't wanna de-rail the pump/gas/bomb the tunnel side thread here.....BUT anyone consider that the hostages are all being held down there?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Don’t worry about him.. he just wants to be edgy and cunty without providing any real ideas.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

then why are they fishing for this $14 billion when it comes with strings attached that hinders their prosecution of their war, effectively ties one hand behind their back, if not two?

their very existence is threatened, and Sugar Daddy Uncle Sam is laying down the Gentlemens Club rules they have to follow?  I don't get it.
View Quote

No matter where their hands are, US/Brit hands are up their ass using them as a sock puppet.  It's WWE theater it doesn't have to make sense.  Lol are you serious?  Do you think Israel is an autonomous player who is really out there on the edge duking it out on their own?  They are a farcical little abomination placed to destabilize the region.  I still support them and fuck Hamas in the eye socket.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

maybe keep your edgy remarks to the fuck ukraine threads, this one has been going quite well without the "holier than thou" smartass stuff...
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:06:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jeepnstein:
Nothing short of chemical weapons would really be effective on a tunnel system.  And even that has all sorts of problems.  The truth of the matter is they won't be able to grub out all the tunnels, ever.  So you drop entrances as you find them.  Collapse them whenever practical with explosives.  And grind them down by attrition.  That's expensive and bloody.
View Quote
Man, flame throwers will always be relevant in warfare wont they..

Denying them the tunnels is hard. Especially when they're that numerous.  This is Iwo x100. I wonder how much damage bunker busters can really do to the complex.  I mean sure you might be able to hit important junctions and the like but that's a TON of tunnels.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Don’t worry about him.. he just wants to be edgy and cunty without providing any real ideas.
View Quote

Reality hurts sometimes.
Page / 956
Israel currently under attack (Page 544 of 956)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top