BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K30MuleLAR15:

As I look around my house, land, what I drive and use they do not have any foreign countries name on them. .
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Yesterday 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FGracing:

My father served in WWII. As well as several family members.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
It would be understandable if you were a WW2 veteran but you aren't. What's the point of still hating the japanese to this day?

So this goes on in perpetuity?

Good policy.
Link Posted: Today 3:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]

As I look around my house, land, what I drive and use they do not have any foreign countries name on them. Maybe living in the 1970's-80's has some older antiquated systems on my trucks and cars. And I can repair them and drive them not needing anything to do so..
View Quote

Lolz.   Typed on your China made smart phone!

You aren’t really being truthful with yourself.   87% of the stuff you bought in the last 20 years has been imported.  

It doesn’t matter that you have trucks from the ‘70’s and ‘80’s.
Link Posted: Today 3:22:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#4]
Originally Posted By SperlingPE:

So this is about you projecting your notion about how a veteran of ww II would feel about a Japanese made tractor driving over their remains in a cemetary?
Is that about it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SperlingPE:

I own a Kubota tractor. How this turned into a OP hates Japanese products is just another example of GD idiocy.

Don’t even get me started on the reparations comments.

My point was and will continue to be, respect and feelings of the brave men buried there. Many of whom gave their young life fighting the same country who owns/makes the lawn equipment tending their gravesite.

Shit why not have a Mitsubishi tractor? I’m sure all of those brave men who perished in the sites of a Zero wouldn’t care.

So this is about you projecting your notion about how a veteran of ww II would feel about a Japanese made tractor driving over their remains in a cemetary?
Is that about it?

Assuming OP is telling the truth, this thread is apparently about the guilt and self loathing which comes from owning a Kubota tractor.     That’s the only way to interpret it.      

Let it go OP.    The war has ended.   Nearly all the participants are long dead.
Link Posted: Today 4:23:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K30MuleLAR15] [#5]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

You aren’t really being truthful with yourself.   87% of the stuff you bought in the last 20 years has been imported.  

View Quote

Wrong, try again.

I do not have a whatever smart phone is.

I have a 45 year old push button phone that uses the land line.

The only thing you may have correct is that indirectly that some company service I use bought a carpetbaggers imported widget that the power company now uses because the carpetbagger decided to offshore for cheaper labor, inferior materials and still ship it to here and charge what an American company could have produced it for. Or because of political pressure now claims that we build it here employ peoples, and some minor bolts a few nuts but do not concern yourself with the capital that goes offshore to build the military of our potential enemies.

All I see here is a bunch of liberal europeons, do not care except do not mess with what I have. I expect that if not for the U.S. still making weapons of defense you guys would not care if the military would buy chinese rifles and warplanes because well we do not make them no more but can not understand why.

Ostrich with head in ground, what happened after he stuck his head in the ground pulled it up and everyone and everything was from somewhere else.

As for Japan having our back, go on I laugh at that. Their society has gone from warlords and fiefdoms to emasculated soyboi's that would not defend a toy boat. Damn right I would let them fight with us WWII timeframe, they proved their mettle. Today, self defense force, thats it. Their constitution forbids anything more. And they will not or can not do anything more.

And buying things from china is giving capital to the chinese to build their military and most here are fine with that.

My Uncle fought the chinese in Korea, yes 23d RCT 2nd Inf. Div 50-53 in country, and said many times that if not for having more ammunition than them they would all be MIA and dugout doug after spending lives for not listening to Gen. Walton Walker to prepare for war sat on his ass and did nothing. Carrier military Army-Air Force retired E9 then State Department in Iran when shit went bad and before he passed said that Americans have become fat and lazy that the japanese guy was right. And if the country keeps moving production off shore there will be nothing to stop an aggressor from doing as the want, because we will not be ready or able to build enough fast enough to stop them.

We are Americans, maybe start acting like Americans.

Link Posted: Today 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Wrong, try again.

The only thing you may have correct is that indirectly that some company service I use bought a carpetbaggers imported widget that the power company now uses because the carpetbagger decided to offshore for cheaper labor, inferior materials and still ship it to here and charge what an American company could have produced it for. Or because of political pressure now claims that we build it here employ peoples, and some minor bolts a few nuts but do not concern yourself with the capital that goes offshore to build the military of our potential enemies.

All I see here is a bunch of liberal europeons, do not care except do not mess with what I have. I expect that if not for the U.S. still making weapons of defense you guys would not care if the military would buy chinese rifles and warplanes because well we do not make them no more but can not understand why.

Ostrich with head in ground, what happened after he stuck his head in the ground pulled it up and everyone and everything was from somewhere else.

As for Japan having our back, go on I laugh at that. Their society has gone from warlords and fiefdoms to emasculated soyboi's that would not defend a toy boat. Damn right I would let them fight with us WWII timeframe, they proved their mettle. Today, self defense force, thats it. Their constitution forbids anything more. And they will not or can not do anything more.

And buying things from china is giving capital to the chinese to build their military and most here are fine with that.

My Uncle fought the chinese in Korea, yes 23d RCT 2nd Inf. Div 50-53 in country, and said many times that if not for having more ammunition than them they would all be MIA and dugout doug after spending lives for not listening to Gen. Walton Walker to prepare for war sat on his ass and did nothing. Carrier military Army-Air Force retired E9 then State Department in Iran when shit went bad and before he passed said that Americans have become fat and lazy that the japanese guy was right. And if the country keeps moving production off shore there will be nothing to stop an aggressor from doing as the want, because we will not be ready or able to build enough fast enough to stop them.

View All Quotes

Wrong, try again.

How Old are you?    How did you make a living?

On some level, you must understand, that the rest of us have to earn a living, out in the real world.    

Fwiw, I’ve been slaving away my whole life, just so I can to live like you, when I retire.
Link Posted: Today 4:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]

How Old are you?    How did you make a living?

On some level, you must understand, that the rest of us have to earn a living, out in the real world.    

Fwiw, I’ve been slaving away my whole life, just so I can to live like you, when I retire.
View Quote

You are right on a few levels, I am, was fortunate to live in a time of using silver coin, everything was made in USA. And seen back in the 1970's that things were changing and prepare for change that when most things were black, white and gray things were turning gray completely. I go out of my way to buy USA or do not buy but will buy used old stuff. Tools were the beginning even before cars. I think now if it has Taiwan on it I am good to go, free china. Maybe them bastards will fight for their freedom and will give them coin for that but I would not hold my breath.

Younger fella's that are beginning life in a different changed world do have a definite outlook on what they are living through and when age hits them they will say many of the same things, old guys do that.
Link Posted: Today 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Had a neighbor growing up that hated anyone that drove a Mitsubishi.
Link Posted: Today 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Wrong, try again.

View Quote

Who wrote Japans constitution?

Link Posted: Today 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#10]
This has been a very strange thread indeed.   The 70’s was half a Century ago.     That shouldn’t be enough time to make someone completely obsolete, but it is.      It’s like Civil War vets experiencing Airplanes.  

Or, The British Empire of 1924 vs. the UK of 1974.    A lot can change in 50 years.  Not always for the better.
Link Posted: Today 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait till OP finds out that we have Japanese military exchange officers working in Hawaii side by side with Americans and others. Some in the very buildings the Imperial Japanese strafed and bombed 83 years ago
Link Posted: Today 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 302w:
Yes. Arfcom loves foreign stuff. Embrace the foreign worker, screw your fellow countryman.

(I am the outlier that I only drive and carry American made/American brands)
View Quote

Your Chevy is FULL of Chinese made parts...
I just swapped the indicator stem assembly on a Chevrolet Equinox... "Made in China"
Link Posted: Today 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Borrowed valor...
Link Posted: Today 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top