Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/30/2021 11:19:28 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerberg DOUBLES size of his Hawaii property empire after spending $53m on 600 acres of beachfront land despite million-person petition calling for a ban on his 'colonization' of paradise island

The family bought the Kahu'aina Plantation first, then the Pila'a Beach plot, and now a new area

Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan have almost doubled the size of their estate in Hawaii, purchasing a neighboring 600 acre plot for $53 million in a move likely to further enrage his island critics.

The Facebook founder, who began buying up chunks of the island in September 2014, added the additional land on March 19, according to Pacific Business News.

Kauai is the fourth largest of Hawaii's eight main islands, and home to 67,000 people.

Zuckerberg and Chan, worth an estimated $117 billion according to Forbes, have faced resistance to their spending spree in the past.

The California-based couple bought their first 357-acre chunk of the island in September 2014, purchasing the Kahuaina Plantation from California investment firm Falko Partners.

The couple, who also own properties in San Francisco, Palo Alto and Lake Tahoe, then bought 384 acres from the late Hawaii auto dealer James Pflueger.

In 2018 they bought yet more, meaning their landholdings total nearly 750 acres, according to local media.

His entities also acquired titles to dozens of smaller lots within the larger parcels that were known as 'Kuleana Lands' - land granted to Kanaka Maoli tenant farmers between 1850 and 1855.

Zuckerberg was accused by some of trying to force the tenant farmers from their historic plots, and in 2017 he apologized in the local newspaper, explaining that he was abandoning his quiet title actions and would 'work together with the community on a new approach'.

A petition was begun last year to 'stop Mark Zuckerberg from colonizing Kauai', and now has more than a million signatures.

The nonprofit, however, said they were delighted with the latest sale to their multibillionaire neighbor.

'The decision provides Waioli with the financial ability to be able to continue our critical conservation and historical work and ensure that Kauai's cultural history continues to be shared in the community for years to come,' said Sam Pratt, president of Waipoli Corporation, in a statement.

He said the organization chose Chan and Zuckerberg after seeing their 'dedication over the years to land conservation, protecting native species and working to preserve the natural beauty of Kauai.'

'We know that this land will remain in their trusted hands and that Mark and Priscilla will act as responsible stewards of Lepeuli today and in the future,' he said.

More
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Soon to become suckerberg island
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The elites know that the dollar will be worthless in coming years and also know that real estate will hold it's value.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
So I guess he thinks global sea level rise is bullshit, too.  

Otherwise, those are kind of a shitty investment.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn’t bill gates the largest land owner?  

They know somethings up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The elites know that the dollar will be worthless in coming years and also know that real estate will hold it's value.
View Quote

Not if the islanders claim it back
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A petition was begun last year to 'stop Mark Zuckerberg from colonizing Kauai', and now has more than a million signatures.
View Quote

At some point people will realize just how worthless online petitions are.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't say that I blame him.  Kaui is beautiful, and if "the lights went out" it would be a great place for primitive survival.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]

- CoC 4 and 7 -
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Native Hawaiians want me to give a damn. Yet these same natives would treat me like crap if I was a visitor on the island. File this under I don't care. Maybe they can stop putting liberals in office.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Colonization seems like the wrong term for purchasing real estate that is for sale.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
b
View Quote

Wow, he must have really done something to you.  Sorry man...hope you can move on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#12]
While I think robot boy is a direct threat to the republic but when a buyer and a seller agree to terms it is what it is. So who are these million people to object when the island only has 67,000 residents.

Volcanic island is home to an evil villain
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh well.  Liberal-land.  Fuck it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Good, fuck em, they get what they voted for.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Zuckerberg is one of the most dangerous fascists of our time. I hope things happen to him in the near future...
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I didn't know he was married to a Chinese lady.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd have a coke if that Haloe had all his shit expropriated
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I didn't know he was married to a Chinese lady.
View Quote

Top secret.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good, fuck em, they get what they voted for.
View Quote

Who was voting on what in this situation?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Native Hawaiians want me to give a damn. Yet these same natives would treat me like crap if I was a visitor on the island. File this under I don't care. Maybe they can stop putting liberals in office.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't say that I blame him.  Kaui is beautiful, and if "the lights went out" it would be a great place for primitive survival.
View Quote

A small group of people could live on free range chicken for years, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'd need guns to do that. The commies have disarmed the Hawaiian people.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They know somethings up.
View Quote

Nope, the largest landowner in the U.S. is John Malone.  Gates does own the largest portion of farming land though.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wow, he must have really done something to you.  Sorry man...hope you can move on.
View Quote

Hey look! Another ignore lister.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Who was voting on what in this situation?
View Quote

Hawaiians have been voting for basically commies for years.

Now one of the central committee (who is white) is buying up land they think belongs to the ''people".
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I did the same thing, but I could only afford a 900 square foot condo on a lake. Still, better to park my money there than have it sitting in the bank when the government starts printing $100,000 bills.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine Zuck has a few hired guns on those grounds. Probably an understatement.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Local gov just needs to pass a 10% income tax and he’ll leave overnight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:53:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I say give it back to the natives. they dont want us.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:58:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Silly peasants! He's nobility and above the law!

A member of the liberal elite!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They know somethings up.
View Quote

Him and gates, soros etc are basically Bond villains at this point.

Out to destroy the world, psychopaths with billions pretending to be good
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:34:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Can't say I blame Him. If I had his money I'd be buying land too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I almost guarantee you nearly every one of those people bitching about it have a Facebook account
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#34]
He really does need to be coc’ed.
He has sold out every American whether they have a Facebook account or not, several times over.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not when his “neighbors” come after him in the dark.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Zuckerberg is one of the most dangerous fascists of our time. I hope things happen to him in the near future...
View Quote

He really is but he looks like a conservative next to that twitter commie twit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Colonization seems like the wrong term for purchasing real estate that is for sale.
View Quote

Yes ma'am, I'd like to colonize a Mustard Whopper with cheese, an order of Mozzarella Sticks, and a 9 piece Chicken Fries.

Oh, and I'd also like to subjugate a large Diet Coke...
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I hope someone does the needful.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Good, hopefully the natives will get restless....
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They know somethings up.
View Quote

I think Ted Turner holds that title.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I almost guarantee you nearly every one of those people bitching about it have a Facebook account
View Quote

Where else would they bitch?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#43]
If I had Billions, I would buy land too.

FMZ
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#44]
He’s a piker.  Larry Ellison owns 87,000 acres in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not when his “neighbors” come after him in the dark.
View Quote

Yeah, he has over 40 security contractors that work his residential properties currently....something tells me if he is considering this to be his consolidated location that they will have a contingency plan to deal with Moana and her retarded fucking chicken in a State where firearms are extremely difficult for most to attain...
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Who really cares what he buys? It sounds like he's conserving the land, which should make them happy.

It's not like he's buying the land and planning to subdivide it into a bunch of mcmansions or start strip farming it.

This just sounds like class envy. I don't like him or Facebook either, but this seems to be a big none of my business.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right, but that won’t stop him from telling you to change your lives for the betterment of his world.

Quoted:
View Quote

If anyone in the world is racist it is native islanders in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obama bought oceanfront too. They laugh in our faces.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#49]
If only they had a volcano to throw him in?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top