Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: Yesterday 8:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierradyne]
Since the last one got locked due to people being assholes, let's try this again with out people being dick heads.

@Mcgiggles

The guy's apartment flooded pretty rapidly.

Original thread.

Edited to add the link to the original thread.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I am unemployed and 66 and waiting on SS but I am in for $ 40. I know it is not much but it might buy a meal or two.
Just need to know where to send.

Larry
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rocketman89408:
I am unemployed and 66 and waiting on SS but I am in for $ 40. I know it is not much but it might buy a meal or two.

Larry
View Quote

Every little bit helps, covering two meals does a lot to help boost a person's moral.

I hope he responds so he can get the help he needs to get back up on his feet.

If a person can only offer a prayer that helps too.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers out for Mcgiggles and his pupper. Willing to help out any other way possible.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
OST
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump.

Send details for where to send funds and let us know what’s needed!

Can we get this tacked?

Link Posted: Yesterday 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
In to find out where to send what is needed.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m definitely in and I’m guessing quite a few others will pitch in.

Hopefully he will see this thread.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
PP FF?
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rocketman89408:

Larry
View Quote
I'll double it! As soon as a place to send the funds to is posted, I'll send $80.00.

Link Posted: Yesterday 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Bump.

Send details for where to send funds and let us know what's needed!

Can we get this tacked?

View Quote
Hopefully a GiveSendGo can be set up.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Always down to help a fellow Pirate 🏴‍☠️
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Posting for awareness. From solid source on Twitter.

A STATEMENT ON THE FLOODING SITUATION IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA & SURROUNDING AREA:

I finally had to log off and get some sleep last night, but I didn't stop thinking about the #Helene damage in western North Carolina (WNC), where I grew up. I have some thoughts on this historic storm this morning.

I believe that Helene has created a unique logistics and infrastructure nightmare there which will last weeks and it will take months to recover. Here's why:
The Mountains have Turned into "Islands"

Western North Carolina, WNC for short, (and also bordering portions of NW SC & eastern TN) is effectively a series of tiny islands at this point, and I don't mean because of the flooding, but from a disaster perspective. After a major hurricane at the coast, relief and utility services can gradually work their way to the coast as roads open, but the barrier islands are cut off for days or weeks. The same will be true for parts of WNC.

NCDOT says 400 roads are closed. Every road/bridge that got washed out also took out water, gas and communications lines with it. This will take weeks to fix and will likely come with great human suffering the likes of which the area has never seen. Relief organizations won't be able to get into the areas where help is most needed due to so many roads being washed out.

The best bet for the next week will be helicopters and satellite internet, if people have the hardware. Even flying people/supplies into small airports won't be effective because so many roads are closed.

Rest of text in spoiler — READ IT:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Mcgiggles,  If you have a truck and cannot find somewhere to stay..  Id be looking at making the truck into a short term bug out shelter.  sleeping pad,  blankets, pillow and plenty of water and food of some type. Clean and oil the guns up real good and store them away.  

I'm sorry this has happened to you.  I'm sorry assholes felt the need to kick you while you are down and got your thread locked.  Keep your chin up, this will pass and things will get better.  Let the arfcom crew help.  

Link Posted: Yesterday 11:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ninjaman] [#14]
Just a little while ago, I looked at the MyRadar app and was shocked to see all the counties that were without power.   I'm in N.E. Florida a little South of Jacksonville.   I was shocked to see so many places without power.

I hadn't checked today and was clueless.  

And then I got on ARFCOM and came across this thread.     I went back and checked and there are some counties North of me with 80% to 90% or more of customers without power.

Combine that with flooding and losing everything it has to be devastating.  

I'm in for $100 for now, maybe more later if I can.  Whether official approval or not.  Just need a link to know where to donate.   We gotta help these folks, starting with our fellow ARFCOMERS.  

This was the outage map I saw:

Edited to add:
If for some reason it's not possible to be official, someone please IM me the link if you come across one. Thanks.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Prayers out for Mcgiggles and his pupper. Willing to help out any other way possible.
View Quote

Fuck yes!
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, never thought SC/NC and eastern TN could get so fucked!
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll keep this thread open and kick him some money when something is set up.

Link Posted: Yesterday 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged for when the fund goes through and is linked.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Tagged for when the fund goes through and is linked.
View Quote

Link Posted: Yesterday 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Sucks what happened in the thread and to mcgiggles. Waiting on fund raising info.
Link Posted: Today 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Last bump for the night. Hope OP is well. Prayers out.
Link Posted: Today 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I drove 3 hours to Hendersonville yesterday. Couldn't get within 20 miles of family I was trying to locate.

Luckily got a text from them finally. They okay and generator. French Broad river is 1/8th mi behind their house and rose 30ft over banks.

There was hundreds of people lined up at the few open cash only gas stations. People were already acting crazy after 1 day.
Link Posted: Today 1:20:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scotchymcdrinkerbean] [#23]
@Mcgiggles

A:  I saw you posted about your lever gun and AR having some rust.  The are both fixable with some cleaning.  I had a few firearms sit in brackish water after Katrina that I still own and shoot--they are not lost causes.

B:  I lost everything except a few firearms, a great cheese grater, and the 2 kitties I had then in Katrina, when I had 3.5 feet of water in my house for over 2 weeks---drop me a line if you want to talk to someone who went through something similar.  

C:  I know you have a job up there, but if they give you time off and you need to just decompress, we have a back house here in New Orleans you can stay at for a week or so to try and get your mind right.  I can't offer yard access for yer pup, as we have inside/outside cats and a dog of our own, but said husky can stay with you so long as he is walked out of the yard on a leash and won't try to kill a little black cat who will possibly try to rub heads with him.

D:  I am also down for a (small, I must admit,) donation to any fundraiser that gets started.

E:  Side note, prior to Katrina NOPD had around 10,000 rounds of 147 grain Black Talons sitting at the New Orleans East range for use in SOD's MP-5s.  The ammo spent a few weeks under water in brackish water, and the range staff was told to dispose of the ammo.  At least half was "destroyed" by being fired out of my wife's (though she was just a friend at the time) UZI.  There were no failures to fire.  I mean, yeah, I wouldn't have trusted it as defensive ammo, but your rounds should be fine for range use.
Link Posted: Today 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
I'm definitely in and I'm guessing quite a few others will pitch in.

Hopefully he will see this thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Sierradyne:
Since the last one got locked due to people being assholes, let's try this again with out people being dick heads.

@Mcgiggles

The guy's apartment flooded pretty rapidly.

Original thread.

Edited to add the link to the original thread.
View Quote

Hell I am in for some bucks if he gets a gofundmething or something.

Link Posted: Today 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
@Mcgiggles

A:  I saw you posted about your lever gun and AR having some rust.  The are both fixable with some cleaning.  I had a few firearms sit in brackish water after Katrina that I still own and shoot--they are not lost causes.

B:  I lost everything except a few firearms, a great cheese grater, and the 2 kitties I had then in Katrina, when I had 3.5 feet of water in my house for over 2 weeks---drop me a line if you want to talk to someone who went through something similar.  

C:  I know you have a job up there, but if they give you time off and you need to just decompress, we have a back house here in New Orleans you can stay at for a week or so to try and get your mind right.  I can't offer yard access for yer pup, as we have inside/outside cats and a dog of our own, but said husky can stay with you so long as he is walked out of the yard on a leash and won't try to kill a little black cat who will possibly try to rub heads with him.

D:  I am also down for a (small, I must admit,) donation to any fundraiser that gets started.

E:  Side note, prior to Katrina NOPD had around 10,000 rounds of 147 grain Black Talons sitting at the New Orleans East range for use in SOD's MP-5s.  The ammo spent a few weeks under water in brackish water, and the range staff was told to dispose of the ammo.  At least half was "destroyed" by being fired out of my wife's (though she was just a friend at the time) UZI.  There were no failures to fire.  I mean, yeah, I wouldn't have trusted it as defensive ammo, but your rounds should be fine for range use.
View Quote

That's Mighty "Right" of you!
Link Posted: Today 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Morning bump.
Link Posted: Today 7:16:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#28]
People got that locked? That's shitty. Feel bad for the dude. I can't imagine having my entire life washed away.

I'd cut that dude any slack he needed while dealing with that BS

ETA. Also in for some cash when a fundraiser is set up.
Link Posted: Today 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Some real assholes in that thread. The kind of assholes that need to be fed their teeth.

I'm in for a fundraiser donation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top