Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Also - how roomy is your crawlspace?

I’ve seen two homes with a closet trapdoor that led to a crawl space shelter.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The neighbor behind me put an in-ground shelter in. It promptly filled with ground water. Then the company that built it went out of business. He had to pull the thing out of the ground.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Home Depot sell them and after the 3 tornadoes hit the NW GA/ SE Tennessee area about 10 years ago, the in ground ones (fiberglass or steel) became very popular. We are doing a site built one in our barndo we are building in N Hamilton County.

The neighbor behind me put an in-ground shelter in. It promptly filled with ground water. Then the company that built it went out of business. He had to pull the thing out of the ground.

I have read anecdotes of families being in these and not being able to get the gate/door open and drowning. I absolutely would not own one of those.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the same boat OP. Frame house with a crawl space and no garage.

The one thing I do have is a sloping hill just outside the house so my plan is

to bury a shipping container into the side of that hill. I have 17 acres to deal with

so I have plenty of land and my house is built on the crest of a hill.

Last night a storm knocked down a tree that took out part of my backyard fence.

My tub has a window above it on the wall so that's not really an option.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Man, I wish I had known these existed. I would have put room in our house plan for the Mighty MiteIII. Doubles as a walk in gun safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just get in the Tub!!

Not nearly enough Fatalities to build "Storm Shelter" -- I've been here 16 years and not once have I gotten in my Safe Place. You'll be fine.

I've had a below ground in my garage and now have above ground in my new garage.
Below ground can be difficult to get in and out of, especially if you have dogs with you, and getting old doesn't help either.
Below ground can also feel more claustrophobic than above ground - at least to me.
I live in Oklahoma and end up watching weather for several hours in the evening multiple times per year.
Shelters provide some peace of mind because you have some place to go other than a bathtub.
When you find out that some tornados are "pavement peelers", hiding in a bathtub or closet doesn't look so smart.
I've heard meteorologists tell people that hiding in your house is not an option - if you don't have a shelter, you need to leave because your house is going to be completely gone. Heard that during the 1999 Moore, OK tornado.
Like I said though, I'm in Oklahoma and I've seen unbelievable damage only a few miles away. I consider a shelter as money well spent.

People who discourage you from keeping yourself safe only because it validates their decisions are not your friends. If you want to carry a gun, install a shelter, keep your car in good condition, etc., why would someone try to talk you out of that?

Absolutely. While chances are very slim of needing one, I’m very happy to be able to get into one of these within a few seconds.
https://www.usstormshelters.com/Interior-Steel-Safe-Rooms.html

Man, I wish I had known these existed. I would have put room in our house plan for the Mighty MiteIII. Doubles as a walk in gun safe.

I don't know the brand or model, but my brother in law has a steel shelter in his garage.  It is purposely designed to be mounted in the space between your car's side and the garage wall.  It is about 30 inches deep 5 feet tall and long enough for two people to sit facing each other.  I think it will seat 4 normally sized people comfortably.  Or 2 TN sized people.

Pro tip.  Never, ever, start storing stuff in a storm shelter.  Not even one tiny little item.  Once that starts, there is no end and your shelter will soon be full of non-living things.  Which is what you will be when the storm hits and you are digging that shit out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just get in the Tub!!

Not nearly enough Fatalities to build "Storm Shelter" -- I've been here 16 years and not once have I gotten in my Safe Place. You'll be fine.
View Quote

The problem is that you don't need one ... until you do.

Tornados are rare for any one spot, yes.  But, we rebuild and the landscape in the east regrows. And we lose sight of what was, and what could be.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pro tip.  Never, ever, start storing stuff in a storm shelter.  Not even one tiny little item.  Once that starts, there is no end and your shelter will soon be full of non-living things.  Which is what you will be when the storm hits and you are digging that shit out.
View Quote

That’s surprisingly good advice for general discussion.

Before we built our shelter we had a storm one night and about 1am I was out in the garage throwing guns out of the safe so I could stick my kids inside it because that was the best option available at the moment.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had three of the large in-ground ones. Big enough for a couple cots, etc. Next one will be a safe room or garage one. In-ground outside always has moisture issues after a few years.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
get in the inner most room.

keep shoes in there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not in Tn, but it only takes one unlucky day to ruin your life. You may not ever need a storm shelter, but when you do, it's priceless. F1 or F2 is meh. F4 or F5 is world ending for some people. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When I see that, all I can think of is the house crumpling and me being slow baked in a fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When I see that, all I can think of is the house crumpling and me being slow baked in a fire.

Or drown when the water lines break and flood the garage.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been within a few miles of a couple mid-TN tornados with the one three weeks ago in Columbia being the closest yet (300 yards from my house to start of destruction). I watched out the back window while the rest of the family was sheltered inside the downstairs central bathroom.

My family growing up and I as an adult have never considered a storm shelter - just go to a central location. I know several people who have them and they never seem to use them for various reasons - full of water, used as storage, too difficult to get in, etc.

I don't blame anyone for being interested in a shelter but certainly compare the various options and consider ease of access and placement not just now but also later on.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm a born and bred local that's survived two tornadoes hitting our property through my life. I never thought about getting anything. Just ride it out in the most interior windowless room w/ a helmet (most tornado deaths are from massive head trauma) and some sturdy old boots (for stepping on debris afterwards). My wife, also born and bred here, has horrendous storm anxiety. We were finally able to financially afford an above ground shelter as we are on a slab (houses in our area do not have basements).

I used Valley Storm Shelters out of Huntsville. I’m in SW Rutherford county. Great experience. Highly recommend them. We went with the 5'x8' w/ a gun safe in the rear most 2' (my wife suggested the gun safe addition). They stated Texas A&M, evidently a leading tornado research school, has rated this design for EF5+ direct hit. We had it installed in December and this has been the most chill tornado season for us, ever. When a warning pops, we just migrate to the shelter and chill w/ some water, pull down lights, and some battery powered fans.

Make sure to take a day trip down there to check out their show room of available options. They have a bunch. They are made to order so don't expect a fast process.

Please excuse the chest freezer's lid. It was a hand-me-down from my mom and we've since cleaned it up.
https://i.imgur.com/fxGhA9z.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zA6UI6o.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q3B4irb.jpg
View Quote

That is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

That was taken in Claremore OK from this Saturdays storms. That big white box is a shelter. That’s not my house but we have one cut into the garage floor.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks all! I have room in the garage so may look into one of those types.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/373376/IMG_6961_jpeg-3224741.JPG

That was taken in Claremore OK from this Saturdays storms. That big white box is a shelter. That's not my house but we have one cut into the garage floor.
View Quote

Good demonstration as to why you want the door to open inward.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have read anecdotes of families being in these and not being able to get the gate/door open and drowning. I absolutely would not own one of those.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Home Depot sell them and after the 3 tornadoes hit the NW GA/ SE Tennessee area about 10 years ago, the in ground ones (fiberglass or steel) became very popular. We are doing a site built one in our barndo we are building in N Hamilton County.

I know of one of those stories and it was installed in a flood zone.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have often wondered how the above ground shelters hold up.

Thanks for posting that.

View Quote

Ours is above-ground.

I'm comfortable in it up to an F4 (I mean, I'd rather be 100 miles away, but if I have to be here, I'm as comfortable as can be). But let's be honest: If an F5 hits you in an above ground shelter you're still likely to die. If an F5 hits here and I have a choice between my above-ground shelter or huddling in a cave, I'd take the cave.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Over time we learn when to pay attention to the weather guessers and sirens and when to just go out on the front porch and watch the storm go by.  The weather guessers tend to make a huge deal out of every storm that comes through and while the sirens might be useful under some conditions in certain areas of the county I honestly think they are all on one switch.  They can't just turn on the warning sirens in the affected areas, it's all or nothing.

If you do have to seek shelter and don't have any place better they recommend an area in the middle of your house away from doors or windows.  In a bathroom tub is good but they are frequently exposed to the wind.  An interior hallway covered with a mattress if you can do so might be good.  We have a basement and if it ever gets to that point I have one corner that is below grade on two sides and I'm headed there.  But in the 35 years we have lived here I've never seen the need to do so.  Normally our storms are just some noise and wind that is over in a few minutes but if you have power turn on the TV and put it on one of the local weather stations (2, 4, or 5 in the Nashville area).  If the storms are truly severe they will be running a continuous weather warning.  I think they get a kick out of it so if they aren't there it's probably not anything to get worried about.
View Quote

If your local EMA isn't set up for area-specific warnings, ok, maybe.

But, many EMAs have their sirens tied into the Tornado Warning polygon issued by the NWS.  There can be a tornado. In your county. On the ground. Throwing buildings and people high enough into the air that the whole world can see them on radar.  And your particular sirens won't go off unless that siren is inside the NWS polygon.  That's how dialed in, how specific these warnings are.

And, no, they don't leave the continuous warnings up.  If there is a NWS issued Warning - it is because the event is real, and it is there, not something that is merely forecast.  If it is a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, it's because radar indicates it is there, and it meets the criteria for issue.  If it is a Tornado Warning, it's because there is a tornado, not the mere possibility of one - it's either visually spotted, radar indicated rotation or radar indicated/confirmed debris in the air.  

The NWS has gone through great lengths to greatly narrow the scope and issue of Warnings over the years.  Non-conservatism puts lives at risk.  But, general complacency of the public more so.

When they issue a Warning, they mean it.

In 2019, we had a Warning that ended at county boundary, perhaps because the radar returns indicated diminishing rotation.  The Warning wasn't issued for the next county until nearly too late.  In a matter of a minute, two minute, the rotation that had diminished to the point where they were going to allow the currently issued Warning (time/area) to expire, had turned into an EF-4 and less than 4 minutes warning for people because of the confluence of a diminishing radar trend and a county line boundary.  4 minutes later, 24 people would be dead.  You couldn't see it coming - everything looked tornadic, and in every direction - the lead photograph for the newspapers was a tornado-looking-thing right over my neighborhood - because it sure did look like a tornado, but it wasn't, and NWS wasn't issuing a Warning for it - because that cell wasn't the issue.  Their warning was very specific, and for a few miles down the road.  Our sirens never went off.  We weren't in the polygon.  We weren't in the Warning area.

I'll never forget looking at that radar return.  We were were fine.  A thunderstorm.  That's it.  And I'm watching the radar return blow up with the remains of our friends' homes.  Some of their stuff was found scores of miles away in Georgia.

Four minutes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Four minutes.
View Quote

Bro, this is GD.

If the smart guys at the weather channel can't send me a map telling me exactly which houses are about to get destroyed, at least 3 hours in advance, what good are they? And don't even get me started about how magnets work.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bro, this is GD.

If the smart guys at the weather channel can't send me a map telling me exactly which houses are about to get destroyed, at least 3 hours in advance, what good are they? And don't even get me started about how magnets work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Four minutes.

Bro, this is GD.

Tots.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I just spent the last hour checking out all the provided links in this thread. Much appreciated.

Honestly the concrete offerings from Safe Shed look the most appealing to be.

However, as the great philosopher Ron White once said, "It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing."

I'm not sure any of these structures are surviving a 1 ton pickup impact at 100mph+.

Still, it's certainly better than nothing and I would never discourage anyone from getting one.

If I wasn't poor I'd have one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#23]
In "Tornado Alley", we build the storm shelter first and then build the house around it . . .

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That is awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a born and bred local that's survived two tornadoes hitting our property through my life. I never thought about getting anything. Just ride it out in the most interior windowless room w/ a helmet (most tornado deaths are from massive head trauma) and some sturdy old boots (for stepping on debris afterwards). My wife, also born and bred here, has horrendous storm anxiety. We were finally able to financially afford an above ground shelter as we are on a slab (houses in our area do not have basements).

I used Valley Storm Shelters out of Huntsville. I’m in SW Rutherford county. Great experience. Highly recommend them. We went with the 5'x8' w/ a gun safe in the rear most 2' (my wife suggested the gun safe addition). They stated Texas A&M, evidently a leading tornado research school, has rated this design for EF5+ direct hit. We had it installed in December and this has been the most chill tornado season for us, ever. When a warning pops, we just migrate to the shelter and chill w/ some water, pull down lights, and some battery powered fans.

Make sure to take a day trip down there to check out their show room of available options. They have a bunch. They are made to order so don't expect a fast process.

Please excuse the chest freezer's lid. It was a hand-me-down from my mom and we've since cleaned it up.
https://i.imgur.com/fxGhA9z.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zA6UI6o.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q3B4irb.jpg

That is awesome.

Here's the back side of the inward opening door:

Here's how my wife had it set up for the storms that rolled through last night:

Here are the bolts heads that is holding it down. The two big ones are 1" x 18" lags that they set in 24" of concrete after boring out a 4" hole in the slab and the substrate. There are four of those.  The smaller ones are 1" x 8" lags straight into the slab around the perimeter of the shelter:

Just because, gratuitous pics of the gun safe.  I want to get some sort of slat or peg board for the walls to hang some of it and free up floor space for more stuff.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/373376/IMG_6961_jpeg-3224741.JPG

That was taken in Claremore OK from this Saturdays storms. That big white box is a shelter. That’s not my house but we have one cut into the garage floor.

Thanks for posting that.

Not sure of the strength of the tornado yet and if that was a direct hit. I wouldn’t want to be in one of those during one as strong as the Moore tornadoes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#27]
To reinforce your plan - story time. Decades ago I went to help clean up debris after a tornado (F3/4?) and got dropped off between two houses about 50 yards apart.

In between was a statue of Mary, and out back was a dilapidated old fence. House to the left lost some shingles. The fence was leaning but still standing. Mary shined a smile on a bunch of clueless Boy Scouts who were useless looking at a giant debris field across the street.

The house to the right had the slab swept clean like someone had swept it with a broom except the downstairs half bath - it was the only thing still standing and is where I understand the homeowners rode out the storm. The drywall was stripped to the studs outside, but if you went in and closed the door, you could pretend everything was normal.

Until you looked up and saw the sky.

I can’t imagine how terrifying that must have been. It still gives me chills.

So that’s where we go in our house in a bad storm. A shelter would be better, but …

Did a housing project at Whiteman AFB and all of the houses got one of the garage type shelters for this reason. Good use of your tax dollars for once.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ours is above-ground.

I'm comfortable in it up to an F4 (I mean, I'd rather be 100 miles away, but if I have to be here, I'm as comfortable as can be). But let's be honest: If an F5 hits you in an above ground shelter you're still likely to die. If an F5 hits here and I have a choice between my above-ground shelter or huddling in a cave, I'd take the cave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting that.

Ours is above-ground.

A proper above-ground shelter will survive EF5.

For example:
http://www.familysafemo.com/storm-shelters/
https://www.apr.org/science-health/2014-05-08/ua-researchers-study-tornado-damage-in-oklahoma
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm new to middle TN and when I moved here late last year, there was a tornado that came through the Gallatin area in early December. The weather has also been very unsettled all spring so far.

My house has a crawl space. When I lived in PA, if there was a tornado threat, we would head to the basement.

That's obviously not an option here. A lot of houses don't have basements around here and I accepted that and bought one with a crawl space.

Now I see a lot of these "garage" storm shelters advertised.

Worth it? Recommended company? Don't worry about it, just get into tub?

What do yinz'all do in middle Tn or surrounding areas?
View Quote

We moved to middle TN six years ago from Idaho. After a few storms, we opted to get a shelter, we went with these guys  https://valleystormshelters.com.  

We don’t use it often but we’re glad we have it. Especially last December when one came that was entirely too close for comfort. My youngest son was at his friend’s house up the road that night. The tornado passed less than a quarter of a mile from him.

There was quite a bit of damage in that neighborhood. Roofs removed or damaged, boats and jet skis tossed about with some sunk in the lake. I posted pictures of some of the damage in the hometown thread when it happened.

When I picked him up  the following morning, he said he was pretty scared when it actually hit. He said he wished that he was at home so he could have gone in the shelter. As opposed to hiding under the stairs.

The investment in my family’s safety in my opinion is completely worth it. Just need to get a generator now as we were without power when it happened for just over two days.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#31]
We have some undeveloped land in Middle TN. There is a small cave on the property, and our neighbors asked if we minded if they use it for tornados. We told them to go for it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A proper above-ground shelter will survive EF5.

View Quote

If you said it *might* survive I'd agree with you.

If you said that some above-ground shelters had survived some F5 tornadoes....yeah, absolutely.

But a blanket statement? No. Unless you pile a dump truck load of dirt around three sides of it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Do try to stay away from the thinner ones at big box stores unless that’s just all you can afford. Most of them won’t have a welded steel floor in them, only wall side panels that get put together. Those are probably the least well built ones on the market.

Like I said, unless that’s all that’s in the budget. I’m sure they are better than nothing but I would be scared shitless if I were in one of those with F5s bearing down on me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Read that study I linked above.

Only 1 of 75 shelters had a breach, and that was due to improper construction.

I would have never believed you if you told me all the shelters studied after the Moore F5 held up.

But they did.

Crazy.
View Quote

I've read it. The Moore tornado was ~200MPH IIRC. There's no F6 category - an F5 can go up to, IIRC, something like 300MPH; I'm not sure where the exact physics-limited upper end is. All I'm trying to say it that an above-ground shelter does not guarantee survival in an F5. I'd say your chances were very, very high, in the typical F5, but the upper end of F5 strength gets into hypotheticals where I don't think it's wise to speak with certainty.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Atlas Survival Shelters
Owner is a great America and big time 2nd A supporter.
Will even help you build your own.
No experience, as in Florida there is nothing underground but water (about 5 foot down).
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Speaking of weather radios, what do y'all recommend?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I just bought this for my son and his family. I have two of the 300 models at my house.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks! I found the "survival" forum and they have an active thread in there on the radio topic. I went with the Reecom recommended there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks! I found the "survival" forum and they have an active thread in there on the radio topic. I went with the Reecom recommended there.
View Quote

Hell, in another 19 years you might find another subforum here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Went to Cookeville on a “work trip” right after the big one went from Nashville to Cookeville. These pictures said something to me. I took them with my phone. That was in the garage and the entire house had been shifted back off of the foundation several feet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hell, in another 19 years you might find another subforum here.
View Quote

There's lots of forums.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Went to Cookeville on a "work trip" right after the big one went from Nashville to Cookeville. These pictures said something to me. I took them with my phone. That was in the garage and the entire house had been shifted back off of the foundation several feet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/109823/IMG_4153_jpeg-3226964.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/109823/IMG_4152_jpeg-3226965.JPG
View Quote

That's incredible.

I'm likely going to go with one of those Valley shelters recommended a couple times in the thread.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
From all the reports I am reading, I would not recommend putting an above ground in you garage. The garage is usually the first thing to fail as garage doors are a major weak point.

If possible, place in an interior room or basement.
View Quote

I had to go take a picture of a house yesterday, for work, for reasons that had nothing to do with the recent tornadoes. When I got there the roof was missing and the carport had vanished. The rest of the house was still standing.

I'm assuming that once the door is compromised a garage isn't much different than a carport - both are basically empty cardboard boxes.

*However* once you're in the shelter, meh, let the garage blow off. The shelter will be fine if properly anchored to a proper slab.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Been in Middle TN for 20 years (from PA originally).

Our house was built in 1984. No basement. When we had construction done a few years ago I had an area under the central stairs reinforced for a storm shelter. I added a trap to the crawl which I excavated to 5 feet.  It's not perfect. I'd prefer a basement or proper storm shelter.

The topography in Middle TN is strange for tornados. Lots of rolling hills that make them pop up and down at seemingly random spots, not like the plains where you can see them for miles. Plus, with visibility limited, people think they are fine, until they aren't.

But I would take the threat seriously. Clarksville, Gallatin, and Nashville proper have all had twisters touch down in the city since I've lived here. If not for moderm weather tracking, we'd have far more casualties than we do.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was actually almost set on getting an in ground one but the water drowning and not being able to open it anecdotes and now you had to go putting that possibility in my head...I might just get an above ground. With only a crawlspace it has to be in the garage and its already cramped. I am anal and hate storing shit in my garage too.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top