Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2018 2:55:26 PM EDT
Wonder how long before season 4 comes out.

‘Rick and Morty’ Scores 70-Episode Order at Adult Swim

Adult Swim has handed out a massive 70-episode renewal order for the hit animated series “Rick and Morty.”

The order is part of a new overall deal the network has signed with series creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon. The series follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the multi-verse. The new deal will more than double the amount of episodes the series has currently aired.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh, just a few days ago there was an article about how s4 had not been ordered.

I think they will run it into the ground at some point, although I think it's a funny show.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
ehh...they'll fuck it up
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ehh...they'll fuck it up
View Quote
It's inevitable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it's one of the better modern cartoons, but the hipster crowd over hyped it, and screwed up expectations.

To me the episodes are either a hit or miss. Few are just meh...
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]
S3 was ok. Had a few good moments.

I think Dan Harmon's going to kill himself before they ever finish 70 episodes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the show, but with the current production method, it would take like 10yrs to make 70 episodes.  I'm pretty sure they would burn out within 20.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
The last season was crap. If they keep up the same shit it will only get worse.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I've tried to get into it, but I just can't. It's got some funny moments, and is witty at times, but it's just not something I have to watch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#14]
70 episodes

Shows should be renewed yearly to prevent them from churning out shit. Make a bad season oe two and you are done!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m just ready to watch season 3 on Hulu

You grab yourself, I’ll grab myself. That seems fair, right?

Ohh, and you may not have thought this far ahead, but if we would have finished my project, this would have been us.

Youre welcome!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
View Quote
Is this another mother trucker medical condition thing?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#18]
97 more years, Morty!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Council of Ricks approves!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, I just wrote it. A few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's a copypasta, yes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#22]
IIRC one of the writers went all SJW and demanded that women be brought in to help write...to...ya know...be fair.  Episodes went down a bit after that...however Pickle Rick was the best R&M episode yet so...who knows. 
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Wub a lub a dub dub!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
IIRC one of the writers went all SJW and demanded that women be brought in to help write...to...ya know...be fair.  Episodes went down a bit after that...however Pickle Rick was the best R&M episode yet so...who knows.
View Quote
This was my favorite.
Evil morty becomes the president of the citadel HD scene
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Renewal for that many episodes will relieve the creators of a lot of pressure, not sure if that's good or bad.  Could be more creative, could get lazy.  It will also encourage a series length story arc, which is something the show already excels at, and that's probably a good thing.

Clearly Morty is going to become Rick, figuratively or literally I can't say yet.  Probably end with Morty having the choice to either become the Rickest Rick and rule the multiverse with an iron fist like Evil Morty seems to be doing or find a way to disable all the portals, rejecting multiverse jumping as being inherently corrosive to ethics.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Just saw that. Nice.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where was this cut and pasted from?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
S3 was ok. Had a few good moments.

I think Dan Harmon's going to kill himself before they ever finish 70 episodes.
View Quote
No, he'll be dead of old age first.  Wait, maybe that's Venture Bros...
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Where was this cut and pasted from?
View Quote
Its based on a comment by some douchenerd on Reddit, but I dont think the original comment was that over the top.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Can't wait until the exclusive cast of female writers runs the show into the ground.

Think it's a great show, but I feel like each season is just a bit worst than the last.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet it will take two years before another episode is ready.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Too many episodes ordered at once. The show's producers might not be able to tolerate the amount of drugs needed to make 70 episodes in one run.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#35]
So they've more or less locked in 5 more seasons.

I can't think of a comedy show, animated or otherwise, that has maintained quality over 8 seasons. It is the nature of television... premises get tired, characters get lazier to write for the more established they become, and particularly for shows that deal in the outlandish (like Rick and Morty) the ability to constantly deliver more and more outlandish premises just becomes harder and harder... even more so when you have to keep constantly one-upping yourself to please a rabid and downright toxic fanbase.

I like Rick and Morty, but season three was already showing cracks in the veneer. I bet by season 5 the show has either pulled an Archer and completely changed theme or it goes the way of the Venture Brothers and takes four years to make a season of eight episodes that have become so esoteric and self-referential than only die hard fans need watch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#36]
It will get worse and worse until it becomes shit.

It is good now (season 3 was OK), but eventually they are going to peak (if they have not already) and then it will be a rapid decline.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So they've more or less locked in 5 more seasons.

I can't think of a comedy show, animated or otherwise, that has maintained quality over 8 seasons. It is the nature of television... premises get tired, characters get lazier to write for the more established they become, and particularly for shows that deal in the outlandish (like Rick and Morty) the ability to constantly deliver more and more outlandish premises just becomes harder and harder... even more so when you have to keep constantly one-upping yourself to please a rabid and downright toxic fanbase.

I like Rick and Morty, but season three was already showing cracks in the veneer. I bet by season 5 the show has either pulled an Archer and completely changed theme or it goes the way of the Venture Brothers and takes four years to make a season of eight episodes that have become so esoteric and self-referential than only die hard fans need watch.
View Quote
You sound a lot like Gary.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Harmon's on a downward spiral, we'll never see more than another season or two.

Season 3 was meh...
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who is this "Gary" you refer to?

Are you trying to say "Jerry"?

Eta- and don't say sleepy Gary, that makes even less sense than mis-remebering a character that you overhear your grandkids talk about.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you inviting me out on a nice, sleepy catamaran trip to that place down the coast where they're filming that new Star Wars movie?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Are you inviting me out on a nice, sleepy catamaran trip to that place down the coast where they're filming that new Star Wars movie?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think more number 21
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Send me to Gary! I wanna be with Gary!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#43]
nvermnd
How'd the pitch for the new "Apples" campaign go?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#44]
The majority of the fan base is so toxic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Think more number 21
View Quote
I wasn't in Monarch mode and missed the Stanza for the prose.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol found the liberal.

Some nerd hurt your feelings?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#48]
The Council and Citadel of Ricks will be might busy.

Give me EVIL MORTY!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, I’m excited.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol found the liberal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol found the liberal.

lol

I enjoy the show. The soy boys have overhyped it significantly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top