Site Notices
Page / 201
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:
Damn. Perez’s ride is absolutely toast.
View Quote

Yeah, I have to think he needs an entirely new car.  I doubt the even the steering wheel survived that.

Haas blew the entire year's budget.  

Haas also killed my points for the weekend.  Having 1/3 and other points plus Ferrari as a my primary manufacturer got killed by Hulk and both Haas cars getting dinged with -points.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Roland-G23:

Too bad Sebring isn't up to F1 standards. I would rather watch them in Sebring than Monaco. Or go to Turkey or Portimao instead. Monaco is boring unless it rains or drivers fuck up (outside of the 1st lap) bringing out a virtual or physical safety car.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Yet, they will never be able to get rid of it because of "tradition".

Too bad Sebring isn't up to F1 standards. I would rather watch them in Sebring than Monaco. Or go to Turkey or Portimao instead. Monaco is boring unless it rains or drivers fuck up (outside of the 1st lap) bringing out a virtual or physical safety car.

They'd have to repave Sebring(nevermind the safety standards), which would pretty much kill the track.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:23:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Esterhase] [#3]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

They'd have to repave Sebring(nevermind the safety standards), which would pretty much kill the track.
View Quote
t

Sebring has absolutely none of the history or television appeal of Monaco. Monaco is about being one of the oldest street circuits in the world, the home of most of the grid, and absolutely soaked in money. It is the place to be seen. Yes it's a shit race but it's always been a shit race. It's just one weekend; it's not much to live with on a >20 race calendar. It is never going to go away.

Sebring is sportscars and glorious roughness. They're both their own thing. I don't think I'd want to see Sebring go to FIA grade I. It's slabby rough nature is part of its charm.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
t

Sebring has absolutely none of the history or television appeal of Monaco. Monaco is about being one of the oldest street circuits in the world, the home of most of the grid, and absolutely soaked in money. It is the place to be seen. Yes it's a shit race but it's always been a shit race. It's just one weekend; it's not much to live with on a >20 race calendar. It is never going to go away.

Sebring is sportscars and glorious roughness. They're both their own thing. I don't think I'd want to see Sebring go to FIA grade I. It's slabby rough nature is part of its charm.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

t

Agreed
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

F1 cars wouldn't survive that shit show of a track at this point with its overall condition.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
t

View Quote

I love Sebring but it absolutely is the wrong place for today’s F1. The town can barely support the influx of fans during IMSA race weekends, much less the internal circus that is F1.

Have you ever been to the 12 Hours before?  It’s a blast.

Also, Sebring hosted F1 once before in 1959 so there is a BIT of history there bunch not much beyond that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Watching Indy right now.  Their tires are narrow compared to F1.  Even F2 has wider rubber than Indy.  

Of course the name of the game is speed at Indy and wider tires would not make them faster.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Its sad when a Indy Car Oval Race has better racing than F1.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By poison123:
View Quote

Indy car ALWAYS has better racing. I don’t think that’s debatable. F1 is F1, though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

You never complained about the lack of racing when max won with 30sec gaps though
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy Fucking shit, Newgarden won it.....and thats back to back.  He collects the big purse......and thats 22 years worth of build up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Shung:

You never complained about the lack of racing when max won with 30sec gaps though
View Quote

Bro, I've had you ignored but I'll respond now.  Fuck off.

DJ, do something about this fucking fool who can't take the fucking hint.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:55:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#14]

Deleted.
View Quote

Wait. Anyone (you included, even though you were supposedly ignoring me) can comment on what I post, but I somehow can’t make a comment about what you just said regarding racing (or lack thereof) ?
I haven’t insulted nor attacked you either.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Wait. Anyone (you included) can comment on what I post, but I somehow can’t make a comment about what you just said regarding racing ?

I haven’t insulted nor attacked you either.
View Quote

You are literally fucking trolling Shung.  How do you not realize that.  I wish there was a way to perma block you from even seeing my post.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:00:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#16]

You are literally fucking trolling Shung.  How do you not realize that.  I wish there was a way to perma block you from even seeing my post.
View Quote

I swear to god that I was not ‘trolling’. I just thought ironical that you now complained about the lack of racing ( in Monaco)  when we just had a championship with a team winning all races but a single one, but that was somehow less boring.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#17]

I swear to god that I was not trolling. I just thought ironical that you now complained about the lack of racing ( in Monaco)  when we just had a championship with a team winning all races but a single one, but that was somehow less boring.
View Quote

Last time I ever replying to you.

If you can't realize the difference between the idiocy of Monaco vs the previous seasons, you are a fool.  Have a good life, don't waste your time replying to me anymore I won't ever respond again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:04:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#18]
Whatever you prefer.

Please edit your insults. I don’t want you banned from this thread because of them. I don’t want anyone banned.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Really happy for LEC.

Race was boring.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Yes but he is OUR F1 TROLL. Think about how enjoyable this thread would be without him? Who wants that?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#23]
As  boring as Monaco was/is/willbe, its still better than watching those fat assed Indy cars drive on an oval for 500 miles.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Whatever you prefer.

Please edit your insults. I don’t want you banned from this thread because of them. I don’t want anyone banned.
View Quote

Most of your posts these days have been trying to start shit with people and you have been real quick to complain about insults, etc. when it works.

It’s getting old.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

It depends on the circuit.  

Indy is a spec series so the cars are pretty even on the big speedways.  Indy races clean so, yes the speedway racing is entertaining.  They don't have enough road courses, the street races are just like Monaco at times because it is hard to pass.  The more complicated pit stops with fewer members across the wall make the pits crucial and full of errors.  

F1 is a weekend spectacle while qualifying is boring in Indy as are the practice days.  The trappings and constant upgrades and tweaks to the cars make for constant entertainment in F1.  

The F1 drivers are often better but as most know, just because you win in F1 doesn't mean you will win in an Indy car.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

My man, it’s your day…..can you not just enjoy it?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Yes but he is OUR F1 TROLL. Think about how enjoyable this thread would be without him? Who wants that?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Taboot:
Really happy for LEC.

Race was boring.
View Quote

Monaco is well known for that.  The race is on Saturday, Q3.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#29]

I think Leclerc won that competition as well.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187062/win_png-3224376.JPG
View Quote

No, Carlos wins that race.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg
View Quote

Holy shit lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:
Originally Posted By Caboose314:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187062/win_png-3224376.JPG

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:
Ahhhh... Monaco... the most boring race of the season. The only race is qualifying and then they parade around the track for 78 laps.... ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Something, rum, sodomy and the lash something...
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

He can find a seat where they are going to respect him. An RB spot where they're going to tune him down doesn't seem like his thing based on his past.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Then he isn't going to have a ride.  its that simple.

He can find a seat where they are going to respect him. An RB spot where they're going to tune him down doesn't seem like his thing based on his past.

If he comes in and is faster than Max, RB won't care.  They will just have a new #1 driver.  I don't think that will happen but either way, the problem sorts itself out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fike:

Most of your posts these days have been trying to start shit with people and you have been real quick to complain about insults, etc. when it works.

It’s getting old.
View Quote

That click button is awesome lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I sometimes mention that I unsub between races, not because of any particular person, but just to avoid drama. See you next race.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#41]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By D_J:

I have given serious thought to locking the thread between Sunday evening and the next FP1.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#43]
YNWA

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:30:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#44]
Originally Posted By fike:

It’s getting old.
View Quote

Nvm. DJ adressed it and I didn’t see it before I answered you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

View Quote

We could give it a three or four month sample run.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#46]
New interview of Leclerc that is quite interesting

F1 Driver Charles Leclerc Unveils The Real Behind The Scenes of Formula 1 Racing
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Is that Virgil Van Dijk ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I really like Indycar, I have since being introduced to it more fully (not easy to watch in UK at the time) via Nigel Mansell's weekly show. Ever since then I followed it. It's very different, basically a spec series (apart from dampers which is quite a big performance area...) but still has plenty going on. It is also not easy at all. Most of all I like that F2 has become an unofficial feeder for it, because so many guys are coming over and making a good go of it, locked out of F1 because F1 will not get rid of the dead wood.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Missed the race yesterday. Watching F1 TV race in 30.  Even that is so boring I shut it off at lap 14.  Monaco needs to build a new track.  Lord knows they have the money.  There needs to be at least 1 place to pass.  Vegas did it quite well, Monaco could too.  Indy was 10x more interesting yesterday.  That says it all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#50]
Originally Posted By D_J:

I’ve talked to Shung about dialing down repetitive posts, but you guys can’t keep lobbing offhand comments (indirectly, to avoid personal attacks) that insult him without expecting some jabs in return.

Either everyone can make some good natured pokes at each other or no one can make the slightest push in any direction. I’m not going to split hairs or try and parse intent - anyone directly attacking or insulting others will be shown the door - but there’s a lot of “give it but can’t take it” from both sides in this thread.
View Quote

I disagree with 87% of what Shung says.  But I would not muzzle him.  I do not want this thread to become an Echo chamber.  You do have a tough job. keeping this thread under control.
Page / 201
Top Top