Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5059 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghost page says "Don't Drone me Bro"
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Agreed. Maybe the UA recruiting has slots, based on limited equipment, for only so many men. But there should be huge lines and even angry demonstrations (in Itchy's naive mind) of young men demanding to be trained up and equipped to fight for their country. It's not like Ukraine is fighting some far-off war for treaty obligations, like US in Vietnam. Even if this wasn't a war for survival, the thought of some assholes like the Russians coming in telling people they own them, bombing them...fuck that noise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I saw it posted somewhere that the average Ukrainian soldier is about 41 or something.

It always jars me when I see man-on-the-street interviews in Ukraine and a young man in street clothes responds. I know they're forbidden to leave the country, but they're still there, and not all mobilized or volunteered.

Agreed. Maybe the UA recruiting has slots, based on limited equipment, for only so many men. But there should be huge lines and even angry demonstrations (in Itchy's naive mind) of young men demanding to be trained up and equipped to fight for their country. It's not like Ukraine is fighting some far-off war for treaty obligations, like US in Vietnam. Even if this wasn't a war for survival, the thought of some assholes like the Russians coming in telling people they own them, bombing them...fuck that noise.

you have to recall they have been at war since basically 2015

so a 'man on the street' who looks 24 could already have done a 3 year hitch and gotten out

they aren't enlisting men 'for life' AFAIK.   it could be -- older guys are the ones left who had yet to serve

i am not super well-versed in their enlistment protocols though
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#3]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

you have to recall they have been at war since basically 2015

so a 'man on the street' who looks 24 could already have done a 3 year hitch and gotten out

they aren't enlisting men 'for life' AFAIK.   it could be -- older guys are the ones left who had yet to serve

i am not super well-versed in their enlistment protocols though
View Quote

I have been seeing a thing on TG channels where Ukraine is considering lowering the draft age from 27 to 25.im not 100% if I'm reading everything correctly but that may have a lot to do with things.

Eta:
Secretary of the NSDC of Ukraine Danilov: "Everyone will have to fight or serve. This is an axiom and you should not be surprised by it."

Highlights from his interview:

Signing the draft law on lowering the conscription age in Ukraine from 27 to 25 years is a very sensitive issue. "It is very difficult".

“I would be disingenuous if I told you that everyone should go and fight. Killing people is a very difficult thing."

About demobilization in Ukraine: "I would really like everyone to rest. My son asks the same thing: "Dad, when will the rest be? I answer: war, son, serve."

We are already on military rails: our taxes go to the defense of the country. These are military tracks.

Danilov considers Telegram dangerous "from the point of view of national security": "I don't have a telegram. I believe that this is a very dangerous and vulnerable messenger. And I don't recognize anonymous things. If documents are submitted to us by the relevant special services regarding the banning of this messenger, which have the right to do so, believe me, they will not be late for us."

About Arestovych: "The SBU is already dealing with this. I don't know what fright caused someone from the chain to break off and start flapping his wings. The SBU must work out all this very carefully. Believe me, time will pass, we will see a lot."

About the partners: "If we had a level of trust and cooperation at the beginning of the war of 95%, today it is at the level of 70-75%. In some countries - 65%. But we do not see it falling to zero."

https://t.me/taraspovidomlyae/24559

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:43:10 AM EDT
[#7]

nice butchers bill!
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

Wonder how many were killed by drones and how many by rifle fire?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

That's how they eventually took Bakmut. If they can encircle and capture Avdivka using the same tactic, that will be a huge blow to Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
1 minute ago, another assault currently.

Insanity is doing the same thing over
and over and expecting different results.

That's how they eventually took Bakmut. If they can encircle and capture Avdivka using the same tactic, that will be a huge blow to Ukraine.

Not really.  Avdiivka is no more important strategically than Bakhmut.  It doesn’t go anywhere.
Bakhmut was a fixing battle where each side thought they could get the better trade on attrition.  Same with Avdiivka, although there is more evidence that it is costing Russia more heavily on equipment.
If Ukraine gets pushed out eventually, meh.  Russia will again trumpet a bloodbath as the next Waterloo, and then do it again until they can’t.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:05:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]
🌐 Place: #Avdiivka
🗓 Date: ~11.2023
🇺🇦 Unit: 47 OMBr
📌 Geolocation:
📂 Description: Fighters in the basements of the coke plant. Avdiivka, Donetsk region.
❗️Source?

https://t.me/WarArchive_ua/6918

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1720670833826320699

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:16:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#11]

And speaking of accuracy...on a moving target no less.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Yes, two interlinked minefields.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-BcUZEXgAApZs_?format=jpg&name=large

Then hilarity ensues.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-BcUZBXYAA9bSo?format=jpg&name=large
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

two videos in tweet, both are longer segments of videos posted in the past few days.

Full 4 minute video here:

For non-Twits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuZP_7MfmnY

At 1:14, are they driving over exposed mines? Those circle things look like a field of mines laying out in the open.

Yes, two interlinked minefields.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-BcUZEXgAApZs_?format=jpg&name=large

Then hilarity ensues.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-BcUZBXYAA9bSo?format=jpg&name=large

Interspersed in there is yet more new perspectives on the “noose” attack and the BTR slaughter.  Otherwise interesting to see how they target obvious turning points and chokepoints.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

It would be interesting to see how many S-300 interceptors are in the tubes even it’s using a 400 radar and station.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Of course but I expected them to still be using a lot more S-300s still. Cause…they poor.

It would be interesting to see how many S-300 interceptors are in the tubes even it’s using a 400 radar and station.

Maybe not that many.  They’re using up S300s as substitute SRBMs too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Less than 30% of Russians believed Putin’s version of Prigozhin’s death

Most Russians did not believe the version of the death of the head of the Wagner PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, proposed by President Vladimir Putin. Only 27% of Russians accepted the words of the head of state that Prigozhin’s plane crashed due to a grenade explosion on board. This was shown by a survey by the Russian Fields research group, the results of which are published by RTVI.

38% of respondents did not agree with Putin’s version, and another 33% found it difficult to answer. At the same time, among men the share of disagreements was 41%, and among women - 35%. In the group of respondents over 60 years old, 42% were unable to answer the question. The majority of respondents with higher education did not agree with Putin’s version (42%), but among those whose education is limited to secondary education, a third disagreed (32%).

To the open-ended question about what, in the opinion of those surveyed, was the cause of the plane crash, the most common answers were contract killing (13%), “political squabbles” (13%) and a terrorist attack or sabotage (12%). In addition, respondents named options such as “the plane was shot down from outside (air defense/missile)” (7%), “accident/pilot error” (6%), and “Prigozhin is alive/staged” (5%).

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/16778

Israel accused Russia of trying to distract attention from the war in Ukraine

Russia is using Hamas' attack on Israel "in the most perverted way" to divert the world's attention from the war in Ukraine, Israel's permanent representative to the UN, Gilad Erdan, said.

“It’s funny to hear from a Russian representative moralizing about Israel about human rights and international law. The representative of a country that was expelled from the UN Human Rights Council discusses morality. Russia is the last one who will teach us,” Erdan said (quoted by Ynet). He added that “everyone understands” how Russia would react if thousands of its citizens were killed or kidnapped by terrorists.

This is how the Israeli diplomat responded to the words of Russia's permanent representative to the UN Vasily Nebenzi, who had previously denied Israel the right to self-defense. “Israel, as an occupying power, does not have the right to self-defense, as confirmed by the advisory opinion of the International Court of Justice in 2004,” Nebenzya said yesterday during a speech at an emergency special session of the UN General Assembly on Palestine. However, the document itself, dated June 9, 2004, does not say that Israel does not have the right to self-defense, but only notes that this right does not allow the construction of a separation barrier in territory that the UN recognizes as occupied.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/16784

Novosibirsk cemeteries have run out of free places due to burials of the Wagner PMC

Space in Novosibirsk cemeteries is close to exhaustion. Kommersant was informed about this by the Department of Investment and Consumer Market of the City Hall, emphasizing that the problem has become extremely acute for the city.

The situation with the lack of space in cemeteries could be affected by the mass burial in Novosibirsk of mercenaries from the Wagner PMC. The publication “Sibir.Realii”, citing data from the municipal system of public cemeteries “Ritual”, notes that from December 2022 to July 2023, at least 368 PMC fighters were buried at the Gusinobrodskoye cemetery in the city. This is the largest Wagner burial in eastern Russia.

Due to the lack of free places in public cemeteries, the city authorities decided to expand the territories of several cemeteries, including Zaeltsovskoye, Severnoe, Inskoye and Yuzhnoye. There are also plans to build columbariums to house the ashes of the deceased. In Siberia, “Wagnerites” are also buried in Irkutsk, where 140 of their graves were recorded in September.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/16785

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#15]
NBC recently published an article titled: "U.S., European officials broach topic of peace negotiations with Ukraine, sources say."

Once again, we find ourselves discussing weak politicians who are looking for a solution by appeasing the aggressor.

If the U.S. and Europe were to pressure Ukraine into making territorial concessions (which could be highly unpopular within Ukraine, placing immense political pressure on the President), it might only strengthen Putin's belief in the West's weakness.

In 2014, the annexation of Crimea and the occupation of Donbas was met with a weak response, further encouraging Putin to the events in 2022.

Unfortunately, there seem to be no diplomatic solutions that can lead to a positive outcome. It's difficult to envision a scenario where peace can be achieved in Europe if Putin's demands are met.

Even if Russia or Putin were to provide security guarantees, their past actions, such as violating the Budapest Memorandum and "security guarantees" to Prigozhin, make these assurances meaningless.

It's uncertain how any "agreement" could ensure Ukraine's safety. Russia will spend the coming years strengthening its military, while Western support for Ukraine, already dwindling during wartime, could be even scarcer during peacetime.

This can only encourage the known pattern:

- Invade a country.
- Use the threat of nuclear escalation to pressure the West.
- Wear down the West until they concede.
- Repeat.

To prevent long-term instability in Europe, sporadic conflicts and even another large-scale war between Ukraine and Russia, the focus should start shifting from pressuring Ukraine to concede territories into providing enough support to Ukraine in order to win. This support could enable Ukraine to inflict sufficient damage on Russia, compelling them to withdraw, as seen in cases like Kherson and Kharkiv.

Anything else is a search for easy but wrong decisions, political cuckoldism and decadence.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Old demo shoot and scoot for the uninitiated.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#17]

What did you think? No matter the war, so is the "miss". Fucking horror.

crests, you know that if anything happens, this creature will be released somewhere on Avdeevka, and there it will devour you.

Well, jokes aside, the girls in the DPR are good, they cook delicious borscht and don’t pump tons of silicone and geoluron into themselves. There is no need to judge the rest by one crypto. There are some freaks in the family.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/21410

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#18]
#Summary for the morning of November 4, 2023

▪️The Russian Armed Forces launched a missile strike on enemy rear areas and reported explosions in Mirgorod (Poltava region). The likely target was once again the Ukrainian Armed Forces airfield.

▪️In the Kherson direction, the Armed Forces of Ukraine hold part of the settlement. Krynki, heavy fighting is going on. TOS "Solntsepok" was once again used against enemy positions. The enemy infantry is destroyed at the Antonovsky and railway bridges by artillery fire and the use of drones. Despite the successful defense of the Russian Armed Forces, the persistence of problems with communications, interaction, and electronic warfare is noted from the ground.

▪️On the Zaporozhye front, battles for forest plantations west of Rabotino continue; the enemy changed the direction of attacks for about a week. Some of the positions have already changed hands many times, with both sides bringing small groups of infantry into the battle with powerful artillery support.

▪️The offensive operation of the Russian Armed Forces continues in the Avdeevsky sector. On the northern ledge of the front near the settlement. Stepovoe our troops control the railway. From the southern ledge - fighting in the direction of the settlement. Northern, the Russian Army’s plan to close the pincers covering Avdeevka is visible. The southeastern flank of the front - heavy fighting near the Tsarskaya Okhota recreation center.

▪️North of Kleshcheevka there are reports that the enemy has advanced along the forest plantation and is gaining a foothold in the area with the support of artillery fire.

▪️In the Belgorod region, a village came under fire. Shebekino. In the Kursk region, the villages of Lokot, Rylsky district, and Uspenovka, Korenevsky district, were under attack by the Ukrainian Armed Forces. In Volnovakha (DPR), a girl born in 2008 was wounded as a result of shelling by the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

The summary was compiled by: Two majors

https://t.me/dva_majors/28486

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#19]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-Bo98EXMAEUQp6?format=jpg&name=large

crests, you know that if anything happens, this creature will be released somewhere on Avdeevka, and there it will devour you.

Well, jokes aside, the girls in the DPR are good, they cook delicious borscht and don’t pump tons of silicone and geoluron into themselves. There is no need to judge the rest by one crypto. There are some freaks in the family.

View Quote

Hans, get ze Flamethrower!
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Yikes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:27:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#21]

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1720675116357476504
“I was wrong with the timing, but Ukraine will still liberate Crimea” - ex-commander of the US Army in Europe Ben Hodges admitted that he was mistaken regarding the timing of the liberation of Crimea occupied by the Russians

Previously, he predicted that the Ukrainian Armed Forces would liberate Crimea in the summer of 2023.

In an interview with Radio Liberty, he admitted that he had made a mistake in his calculations because he did not expect that the United States and Germany would still not provide Ukraine with the long-range weapons necessary to liberate the peninsula.

“I was confident that the US administration would understand that it was necessary to help Ukraine win. And the key to victory is the liberation of Crimea. For this you need high-precision long-range weapons,” the military man said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:30:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]

"No one is pressuring me today": Zelenskyi commented on rumors about pressure from the USA and the EU regarding the negotiations.

▪️"I don't know where it comes from and who writes it. Everyone knows my attitude, the opinion of Ukrainian society towards this."

▪️When we do not control the sky, no one wants to just throw away, as the Russian Federation throws its people like meat. When there is air defense at the front, the military go forward, run, drive, use equipment. And there are some counter-offensive actions;

▪️If Ukraine hypothetically gives a third of the country to the Russian Federation, then the war will not end.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

Time for a little false hope again.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By yekimak:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66660/Screenshot_20231104_094039_jpg-3015250.JPG

Time for a little false hope again.
View Quote

lol, it's always good to hear about Russian fears, even better when they were confirmed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#30]
NSFW.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#31]
What is interesting is multiple heavy octocopter drones being unopposed by jamming dropping ordinance on Russians during the night.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Of course but I expected them to still be using a lot more S-300s still. Cause…they poor.

They got a LOT of S300 missiles.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Plus, back in the Reagan era, we literally ended their entire navy during two consecutive 8 hr work days.

I can personally guarantee you that if another round of this happens, the life span of their navy will be less than half of that time.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jan/15/facebook-posts/yes-president-reagan-destroyed-about-half-irans-na/
View Quote

You do understand that the current administration has no interest in stopping any military conflicts? How else will the DoD machine be funded without war and defense of it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges - Far from a Stalemate, Ukraine is Making Crimea Untenable for Russia to Defend.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Fund_GARISSON:
We get a lot of feedback from around the world that Ukraine has been forgotten.
View Quote

You're definitely not forgotten.  There is a lot going on, and the bastard russians' fingerprints are on the middle east trouble that they helped enable as a misdirection.

Locally, we had this event yesterday evening in our area:

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2023/11/02/upstate-churches-planning-fundraiser-ukraine-soldiers/

There was a good turnout despite the suddenly cold weather over the past few evenings, which should be a good indication that you're not forgotten.

This thread usually moves faster than I can keep up, and by the time I reply it has already added another page or more.  But I do try to catch up on at least reading what's happening.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

You do understand that the current administration has no interest in stopping any military conflicts? How else will the DoD machine be funded without war and defense of it?
View All Quotes

Plus, back in the Reagan era, we literally ended their entire navy during two consecutive 8 hr work days.

I can personally guarantee you that if another round of this happens, the life span of their navy will be less than half of that time.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jan/15/facebook-posts/yes-president-reagan-destroyed-about-half-irans-na/

I think the current administration and any other would have an interest in stopping conflicts.  Because we make more money with stability in the regions rather than instability.   The DoD makes more money not having to test it's weapons in real battles as well.  Turn your arguement around regarding the Russian and Chinese defense industries.  Are we not expected to "keep up" and have a deterrent?  Would you rather our equipment get owned in a real battle?

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#37]
NSFW.

View Quote

I don’t think that guy made it.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By B5Sluggo:

Yikes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B5Sluggo:

Yikes.

Oh my God.  Someone get that person some mental health assistance.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:09:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#39]

View Quote

It's like a Fallout Deathclaw with a blonde wig, fake tits,  and lip injections.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

That thing is impressive. Firing in 14 sec from stop and moving before the first of 4 rounds hits its target
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Explosions in temporarily occupied Kerch.

The Crimean bridge under a smoke screen.

https://t.me/ssternenko/22224

Looks like shots of AD going up. Governor reports all incoming shot down and debris hit a shipyard.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JColdIron:

That thing is impressive. Firing in 14 sec from stop and moving before the first of 4 rounds hits its target
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JColdIron:

Yea. That looks like it could pretty much be a HIMARS-lite in a lot of ways.

Not as much fun to watch work as the Caesars with their m777 fucked a haybailer aesthetic but still fucking cool.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Bro I have seen orcs vaporized, orcs burning to death and orcs launched into orbit but that is simply far too graphic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:29:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]

Interesting, those are armed with Kalibur or Oniks cruise missiles.

Tons of info on it's systems here: https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/karakurt-class-corvette-project-22800/
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#47]
This is how it was over Kerch

Who knows the details or took a photo/video - write to our bot (anonymously)👇
➡️ @crimeanwind_news_bot

#Керчь

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/47181

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:34:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7mmStalker] [#48]

View All Quotes

Sadly, more than ever war is being waged for economic gain. In some ways it always has been.
It would be great if the people that are in position to affect this process were not so often aligned with the current boogie men/globalists that also have power to gain by war profiteering; while simultaneously encouraging the killing of “excess” human population in their new world order.

ETA.   “at this point, what difference does it make?”

Sound familiar?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Eyewitnesses tell us that a shipyard in Kerch was attacked by a drone similar to the Tu-141 Swift - a jet roar was heard

Who knows the details or took a photo/video - write to our bot (anonymously)👇
➡️ @crimeanwind_news_bot

📷illustrative

#Керчь
https://t.me/Crimeanwind/47183
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5059 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top