Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5060 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I see the top a lot but never post.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Reports of explosions in Dnipro. Air alarms in wester half of country.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

You aren’t forgotten bud.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By Fund_GARISSON:
We get a lot of feedback from around the world that Ukraine has been forgotten.

You aren’t forgotten bud.

Yeah, most likely russian bot farms or shills if you're seeing a lot of it.

Because let's face it, if they'd forgotten you, they wouldn't have contacted you!

They're trying to break your morale. DON'T LET THEM. Keep the faith, stay strong, and kill every fucking one of them you can.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Click To View Spoiler

A new Orc trap prototype!

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like there were 2-3 hits on the missile ship "Askold" at the Kerch shipyard.

Russians report they shot down 3 storm shadows in Berdyansk. (likely the same way they shot down all the cruise missiles in Kerch)

I'm mostly just forwarding everything to the ukebros tg group as I am lazy and can barely keep up with the news today.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
Pretty sad if a Tu-141 got through the air defense they have at the site.

but if that is that case then I think those were fired to saturate and distract the Russian air defense.

View Quote

Notice the cranes, I wonder if these could be a target as well.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:38:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-GpoLvXgAAXst8?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

But but but the governor said they were all shot down.

Wait... I did that wrong... Um, yea. Here we go..... The missile ship Askold knocked 3 Ukrainian cruise missiles out of the sky..... But there is nuance.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Not really.  Avdiivka is no more important strategically than Bakhmut.  It doesn’t go anywhere.
Bakhmut was a fixing battle where each side thought they could get the better trade on attrition.  Same with Avdiivka, although there is more evidence that it is costing Russia more heavily on equipment.
If Ukraine gets pushed out eventually, meh.  Russia will again trumpet a bloodbath as the next Waterloo, and then do it again until they can’t.
View Quote

Disagree. Avdiivka is adjacent to Donetsk city, and that closeness gives Ukraine better arty access to the large rail & road distribution points around Donetsk. Avdiivka has been a strong point since 2014 that Ukraine has held fast for nine years of combat. Avdiivka has more strategic, tactical, and symbolic importance than Bakhmut.

Losing Avdiivka will prove that the seemingly large Russian numerical losses don't matter. Russia can win if they keep pushing. Ukraine's offensive went nowhere, with no strategic gains in five months. Russia's offensive is close to securing the flank of Donetsk city after nine years, and also is advancing toward Kupiansk.

I don't think Avdiivka is 'meh' at all.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

Wait... I did that wrong... Um, yea. Here we go..... The missile ship Askold knocked 3 Ukrainian cruise missiles out of the sky..... But there is nuance.
View All Quotes

lol, looking like some good hits.  2 impacts in this video, I would say these were Storm Shadows.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Four Stryker anti drone systems with radars and 50kW laser weapons getting ready to go through the paces.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-Bo98EXMAEUQp6?format=jpg&name=large

What did you think? No matter the war, so is the "miss". Fucking horror.

crests, you know that if anything happens, this creature will be released somewhere on Avdeevka, and there it will devour you.

Well, jokes aside, the girls in the DPR are good, they cook delicious borscht and don’t pump tons of silicone and geoluron into themselves. There is no need to judge the rest by one crypto. There are some freaks in the family.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/21410

View Quote

I'm in no way a prude, but if I saw that on the street at night, I'd put a stake through its heart.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Hodges IS the flip side of MacGregor.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

💥 The Armed Forces confirm a successful strike on the infrastructure of the "Zaliv" shipbuilding plant in Kerch
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#14]

lol, looking like some good hits.  2 impacts in this video, I would say these were Storm Shadows.

View All Quotes

Kind of a long distance for storm shadows isn't it?

Has Taurus entered the chat?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Not really.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]

Yellow circle is the large Kerch radar site and the orange scribble is the location of a 91N6 Big Bird battle managment radar. The remaining 3 unmodified points are Pantsir systems.  
View Quote

This is the corrected map.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#18]

I think the current administration and any other would have an interest in stopping conflicts.  Because we make more money with stability in the regions rather than instability.   The DoD makes more money not having to test it's weapons in real battles as well.  Turn your arguement around regarding the Russian and Chinese defense industries.  Are we not expected to "keep up" and have a deterrent?  Would you rather our equipment get owned in a real battle?

View Quote

Of course not. It's just my opinion that the DoD, which is the largest "corporation" in the world, needs war or at least the possibility of it. Yes, the DoD does produce some stuff that can kill lots of people in lots of different ways. But with no conflicts, no need for the shiny cool expensive weapons. Do we really make more money with stability? The US stockpiles are down because Obama, Trump and now Biden didn't give a rats ass about maintaining inventories. Lucky for the DoD, they are now the recipient of a ramping up to replace lots of depleted inventories.

Hell, I work at Walter Reed Hospital and have watched first hand the DoD at work. I have had many a conversation with stakeholders who position is, without war, how does Homeland Security, the DoD or even the branches supporting the casualties coming from the theater improve their triage, stabilization, surgery and rehabilitation care with no war?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys,

Have any of the M1-Abrams tanks hit the theater yet?

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Not really.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Not really.

General Oleshkey says it was a scalp apparently.

Still, I thought the Ukes got the neutered 250km variant.

Either way maybe soon the Kerch Bridge will soon be the Kerch smoking crater,tho it seems the Ukrainians are focusing on making Crimea untenable for the Rus navy more than anything.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

Of course not. It's just my opinion that the DoD, which is the largest "corporation" in the world, needs war or at least the possibility of it. Yes, the DoD does produce some stuff that can kill lots of people in lots of different ways. But with no conflicts, no need for the shiny cool expensive weapons. Do we really make more money with stability? The US stockpiles are down because Obama, Trump and now Biden didn't give a rats ass about maintaining inventories. Lucky for the DoD, they are now the recipient of a ramping up to replace lots of depleted inventories.

Hell, I work at Walter Reed Hospital and have watched first hand the DoD at work. I have had many a conversation with stakeholders who position is, without war, how does Homeland Security, the DoD or even the branches supporting the casualties coming from the theater improve their triage, stabilization, surgery and rehabilitation care with no war?
View Quote

There’s always a possibility of war, especially when you’re not ready for it.

I’m sympathetic to that opinion about war and medicine, even though I want to beat it to death with a physician’s desk reference. The field of medicine could advance just fine without war, but because we did such a good job of cutting through so much bullshit during OEF and OIF, people have a backwards association with the success.

“Science advances one funeral at a time” under normal conditions.
We could fix that. We could’ve figured out that tourniquets don’t make limbs fall off or that cold trauma patients don’t do well or that normal saline doesn’t replace whole blood just fine in peacetime.

But that’ll take people not letting bullshit go unchallenged.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#22]
up coming live stream

Missile Strikes Russian Navy In Crimea. Again

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

I think the current administration and any other would have an interest in stopping conflicts.  Because we make more money with stability in the regions rather than instability.   The DoD makes more money not having to test it's weapons in real battles as well.  Turn your arguement around regarding the Russian and Chinese defense industries.  Are we not expected to "keep up" and have a deterrent?  Would you rather our equipment get owned in a real battle?

Well, let us know when there are no wars and the possibility of conflict subsides so we can stop producing the tools to solve the problem that our military is requesting we supply them with.   I'm sure we'll really be ready then against an enemy that doesn't care about any rules and decides they can destroy us because we stopped making cool expensive weapons.

Yes, we make more money with stability in the form of long term contracts that cover years of production to keep the customer, that is, the U.S. military supplied with what they wanted.

Inventories are all carefully monitored regardless who the president is and stockpiles of ordinance usually gets built up over years and is maintained for future use.  It is an insurance policy of sorts.

The ramping up is because outside threats and scenarios have emerged that show we will need more ordinance.  Unfortunately, human beings tend to be reactionary instead of proactive, war tends to force situations on people to create solutions faster.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]
Originally Posted By CMOS:
Guys,

CMOS
View Quote

Reports are they have arrived September 25th.

https://twitter.com/Aviation_Intel/status/1706359322471698771

All 31 initial M1s were in theater by mid October.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#25]
lol

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like there's some hits in Rostov, and not panic over fireworks like last night.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#28]
Hitting the crimean ports and the bridge should give Ukraine a lot of leverage. Hopefully they can continually hammer both. I could see russia giving up land to keep crimea.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMOS:
Guys,

CMOS

Interesting that we have not heard or seen any action/results....

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Yea. This one is rough.

Some traitor had to have guided that one in.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Unfortunately, human beings tend to be reactionary instead of proactive, war tends to force situations on people to create solutions faster.

Ain't that the truth. The Mrs. and I are fans of the early Terminator movies. There is a line when young John Connor inquires about humans and if they are going to make it. The Terminator replies, "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves ". Wouldn't it be great is humans were not so emotional and realized that harmony, taking care of family and neighbors, laughs and health was what is important? Do I buy another gun just because someone in the neighborhood shot his neighbor? I am not the best at following the bible but do understand that humans keep making the same mistakes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Ooof.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#35]
Reports of explosions in occupied Skadovsk.

What a busy weekend. I had seen some talk about Ukraine getting some retribution for the big Shahed wave the other day. I guess they weren't kidding.

Eta:

Attachment Attached File

Reports are it was a hotel used by occupying troops.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:13:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
Unfortunately, human beings tend to be reactionary instead of proactive, war tends to force situations on people to create solutions faster.

Ain't that the truth. The Mrs. and I are fans of the early Terminator movies. There is a line when young John Connor inquires about humans and if they are going to make it. The Terminator replies, "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves ". Wouldn't it be great is humans were not so emotional and realized that harmony, taking care of family and neighbors, laughs and health was what is important? Do I buy another gun just because someone in the neighborhood shot his neighbor? I am not the best at following the bible but do understand that humans keep making the same mistakes.
View Quote

Well said,  It would be great if we all realized that harmony, family and being kind to others was the important stuff, from an individual stand point all the way up to governments understanding this.

But we aren't there yet, so we do things to protect ourselves, from an individual stand point all the way up to governments.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Reports of explosions in occupied Skadovsk.

What a busy weekend. I had seen some talk about Ukraine getting some retribution for the big Shahed wave the other day. I guess they weren't kidding.
View Quote

Expect big mad RuskieBro threads in GD.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#38]
NSFW.

View Quote

Definably  not suitable for work or polite company.

Go home Ruskies. Seek life elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#39]

I don’t think that guy made it.  
View All Quotes
NSFW.

I don’t think that guy made it.  

He bled to death in less than 2 minutes after the video ends.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Definitely planning for the next war, everything has long range and some are true hypersonic systems.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9xsa6uWQAA_nKo?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Interesting! Thanks for finding this info.  We def need to lead the world in development, but I would almost rather see quantity over quality as the Russian's are having a little bit of a problem shooting down our 30 yr old developments.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:44:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

Interesting! Thanks for finding this info.  We def need to lead the world in development, but I would almost rather see quantity over quality as the Russian's are having a little bit of a problem shooting down our 30 yr old developments.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coralreefer:
Definitely planning for the next war, everything has long range and some are true hypersonic systems.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9xsa6uWQAA_nKo?format=jpg&name=large

I think recent events have put us on that path, though those are the bleeding edge of new capabilities, the recent 6 fold production increase of Tomahawk missiles, and doubling production of stealthy LRASM and JASSM-ER missiles we've had for years shows a trend make much more of the stuff we know will work well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Hitting the crimean ports and the bridge should give Ukraine a lot of leverage. Hopefully they can continually hammer both. I could see russia giving up land to keep crimea.
View Quote

Russia absolutely believes they can get everything they want on the battlefield, if they just outlast western military aid. They have no incentive to negotiate at this point, while they have fought off the Ukrainian "offensive" and are gaining ground on their own advances. It will take a LOT more destruction to get even a thought of negotiation to come up in Moscow.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Well said,  It would be great if we all realized that harmony, family and being kind to others was the important stuff, from an individual stand point all the way up to governments understanding this.

But we aren't there yet, so we do things to protect ourselves, from an individual stand point all the way up to governments.  
View Quote

You will never get rid of the fact we are territorial predators.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Yeah, that is going to be a tough one to overcome.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Summary of today's AFU cruise missile strikes on #Kerch

1) At approximately 1730 local (1530Z), it is believed that four Ukrainian Air Force Su-24M bombers launched eight Storm Shadow/SCALP cruise missiles from positions most likely over the Dnipropetrovsk Oblast between Kryvyi Rih and Dnipro. If true, and it looks like they were used, the missiles would have to be the longer range version of the Storm Shadow/Scalp with a published range of 400km. If the AFU did not launch Storm Shadows missiles, than the weapon used is unknown.

Simultaneously, UkrAF Mig-29 and/or Su-27 aircraft fired multiple AGM-160 MALD decoy missiles and AGM-88 MARM anti-radar missiles to confuse and attack, respectively, Russian air defenses.

2) Russian sources immediately began reporting that the Crimean Bridge was being attacked but, locals instead reported explosions and smoke in the area of the Zaliv Ship Yard (45.264263, 36.421571). As a result, it is clear the Crimean bridge was never the intended target in the attack. Instead, it appears the AFU was targeting the pr. 22800 Karakurt-class corvett "Askold" and/or the shipyard itself instead. The ship, which is a Kalibr missile carrier and one of the most modern and advanced vessels in the Black Sea Fleet, was located afloat at the shipyard from which it had been launched in 2021 as is currently undergoing sea trials.

3) Video evidence from the Kerch area showed Russian air defenses engaging targets and at least one large explosion at or near the shipyard. Russian sources claim that debris from a rocket hit a storage shed or workshop at the shipyard. However, there are multiple reports that the Askold was hit and damaged during the attack but the is no objective evidence of it. Images from later in the evening showed a glowing area similar to a fire near where the Askold was moored.

Confirmation of damage to the Askold and/or Zaliv shipyard will most likely not be made until clear satellite imagery is available.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1720675116357476504
“I was wrong with the timing, but Ukraine will still liberate Crimea” - ex-commander of the US Army in Europe Ben Hodges admitted that he was mistaken regarding the timing of the liberation of Crimea occupied by the Russians

Previously, he predicted that the Ukrainian Armed Forces would liberate Crimea in the summer of 2023.

In an interview with Radio Liberty, he admitted that he had made a mistake in his calculations because he did not expect that the United States and Germany would still not provide Ukraine with the long-range weapons necessary to liberate the peninsula.

“I was confident that the US administration would understand that it was necessary to help Ukraine win. And the key to victory is the liberation of Crimea. For this you need high-precision long-range weapons,” the military man said.

Biden’s and Scholz’ foot dragging is beyond any reason except compromise.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Mechanical Radar Search Pattern VS AESA Radar Search Pattern
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Zaluzhny's Economist interview has been read and dissected in Moscow, of course. They like it, because he admits that they're stuck in static confrontation. I wish this were a longer clip to get more of the discussion, but TheKremlinYap does only short takes, and Russian Media Monitor hasn't done this show yet.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Prime:
(28Oct23), the Israeli military reported that its air defense shot down an anti-aircraft missile launched by Hezbollah at an Israeli military UAV. Now photos have appeared, allegedly from southern Lebanon, with the wreckage of a downed missile, which clearly identifies that this is the same Iranian loitering anti-aircraft missile designed to destroy low-speed targets, such as UAVs and helicopters, known by the index given to it by the Americans as the "358" anti-aircraft missile (the latter photo for comparison). The original Iranian name of this missile is still unknown, although it has already been officially shown in Iran and has been very actively used by the Yemeni Houthis under the name Saqr-1 against Saudi coalition UAVs in recent years. This missile was also visible in Iraq among the People's Militia, but from Lebanon these are the first images of it, although there was no doubt that Hezbollah had it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9iO1WOWMAIElfD?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9iO1VBXIAEABIG?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9iO1VEWoAApm60?format=jpg&name=medium
https://t.me/ImpNavigator/5988

Remnants of a Houthi cruise missile that fell or was shot down in Jordan on its way to Israel. Apparently this is Quds-4 with a stated range of up to 2000 km. Let me remind you that these are variations of the Iranian Paveh cruise missiles, which are assembled from parts transported from Iran to Yemen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F91uDeXa4AAjcyz?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://t.me/ImpNavigator/5995

View Quote

Not going to lie, that is not a bad looking missile.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l8LdM9_3PU
View Quote

lol.  Yes.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5060 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top