Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5490 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Macron is going full bore on his speech. France 2.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Every intelligence agency including Ukrainian counter intelligence is aware and knows about it.

Even people I know in the TEK and Hungarian community said it was going to happen.

When pressed for solutions and what is the antidote.

I await it.

And I hope it really works.
View Quote

Be a shame if it hit a random piece of space junk.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Something has absolutely changed on the russian targeting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Main heart of the system was not destroyed, but a bad loss of life.

Something has absolutely changed on the russian targeting.

They finally figured out what the Ukrainians were doing for months with the Shark drones and Himars and set up their own shorter times for targeting using big ballistic missiles and better drones that could see further behind the frontline.

If Ukrainian forces can get those Russian drones, Russian forces would be blind again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
Originally Posted By SlipRing:
Macron is going full bore on his speech. France 2.
View Quote

Some notes from that.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
With everyone and their cousin trying to exponentially grow their military and Ukraine trying to build one of the largest modern miltiaries in the world rapidly the cost of everything defense related has sky rocketed.

A 155MM Artillery Shell before 2022 was about $1,500 and now their cost is up to around $3,000 to as high as $4,000!  

From what I understand South Korea's Hanwha was just contracted to crank out some artillery shells for Ukraine. That's good, because they are a pretty hefty manufacturer and should be able to supply a fair number.

Of the million shells promised by the EU to Ukraine for 2024 the last I read Ukraine has received about 30% of them so far.  I mean given that it's it's March I don't know if that's necessarily as bad a rate of production/transfer as people are making it out to be.  The EU, which has a collective GDP on par with or at times slightly greater than the USA is still giving Ukraine a massive amount of money and pledging a massive number of resources. I believe I read that the number of F-16s are going up from 18 to around 24, with possibly even more coming out of Europe. I imagine that the slow delivery of the F-35s to NATO nations is probably causing some delay or at least hesitation with giving Ukraine even larger numbers of F-16s.  

Another issue that could make defense procurement even more expensive is that Congo and Rwanda are basically at war with each other now.  That's a big issue, because th Congo is a source of a lot of rare earth minerals that are now vital to defense production.   A lot of the mines in the Congo have been captured and that's going to have an impact in the quarters ahead this year.  It highlights the strategic necessity for the USA and Canada to do far more mining of the minerals required to keep defense sectors humming.  

On the plus side, the continued reduction in operational capacity of Russia's Black Sea fleet should allow Ukraine's grain to be more easily exported this year if all other things remain equal.   The problem is that across the EU farmers are pissed off at the influx of cheap Ukrainian grain into their markets and that could lead to elections this year across Europe going to politicians and parties that are oppossed to Ukrainian aid and assistance.  

2024 is really the make or break year for Ukraine.  If they come through this with holding relatively what they have no territory wise, collect what they've been pledged to collect from the EU, and nothing drastic changes politically in Europe they'll be in a good position going into 2025.  I'm of the firm belief that if Ukraine can simply hold the line and improve their holdings in the rear this year so as to suggest a formbidle force capable of launching a more serious offensive in 2025 that the Russians might be willing to make a reasonable negotiated peace settlement.  

I'll say this, I read some estimates that the Russians can manufacture over 1,500 tanks a year and that's pure B.S..   The estimates I've read that they can produce 300-350 tanks are probably more accurate and frankly that would be extreme and still on the high end for them.  So, I think Russian manufacturing capacity estimates are all over the damn place and I'd be highly skeptical of them.  Especially given that China is pretty fickle when it comes to supporting the Russians and they may not be receiving as much from China in 2024 as they did this past year. Everyone makes a big deal about NATO pretty much being tapped out of surplus to turn over, but the Russians are going to have issues of their own going forward getting things out of Iran or China.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Iran was a little more hesitant to give Russia huge numbers of drones given the current instability of their region.  

View Quote

I think that 300-350 figure was posted here a few hundred pages ago with the majority of that figure being refurbed T-62s. I think it was Shoigu that blabbered the 1500/yr figure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]

The FSB became more active. If they can’t defeat us on the battlefield, they’re trying to kill our comrades online.

But we are smarter.

We remind you that the only official telegram channel of the Legion is listed on our website: https://legionliberty.army

Don't be fooled by fakes. Don't fall into the traps of the security forces of the Putin regime!
Interesting article at this news site. It seems some of the wagner boys are joining up with the free russian legion. It would be funny to see them head to moscow again.

RDK commander lauds frmr wagner
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Troops per km of territory taken is not sustainable for russia. Neither is the equipment losses.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paraflare:
I do not believe Russia loses this war unless NATO enters it proper, which I believe will happen at some point.

I appreciate the pride and resolve UKR is showing, but I believe reality is creeping up.

UKR tactics have stalled or are ineffective due to a myriad of reasons and RUS seems to be making inroads with surveillance and targeting of important assets.

Sure the shitty RUS meat assault tactic sucks, but it is clearly working. When you have (x)amount more disposable soldiers, it's just a numbers game.

Troops per km of territory taken is not sustainable for russia. Neither is the equipment losses.

They would need over two billion soldiers to get to the border of Poland if the casualty rate per square kilometer stays the same.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GInyxpeXAAAWbI9?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GInyxtlWAAABhin?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I have to wonder if production of these things is expanding at an exponential rate, how long will it be before we see "fleets" of these flying over an area dropping ordnance much like carpet bombing? Seems like combined with an artillery barrage, that would make for an interesting opening in the front lines.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

They would need over two billion soldiers to get to the border of Poland if the casualty rate per square kilometer stays the same.
View All Quotes

Things stay the same, until they change. When a change happens, there's a new state that doesn't look like the previous one.

Russia broke the defense of Avdiivka. While it was costly, they still have reserves available to throw into the fight, to pressure anew or exploit a breakthrough. With functional reserves, with better ISR & quicker targeting of high-value targets, with guided glide bombs - the advantages are all in Russia's favor at the moment. If they continue to press and break Ukraine defense more broadly, there could be a new rate of ground & casualty losses. Past results do not assure future ones.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

"Russia doesn't really want to take all Ukraine. Russia doesn't want NATO on their border." What other nonsense claims by Putin apologists get debunked daily by Russian's own statements?

Medvedev is the extremist, but IMO he is a fair representation of Russia's farthest goals. In the Kremlin's perfect world, it would be Medvedev's vision that is reality.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Every intelligence agency including Ukrainian counter intelligence is aware and knows about it.

Even people I know in the TEK and Hungarian community said it was going to happen.

When pressed for solutions and what is the antidote.

I await it.

And I hope it really works.

That stuff can tragically occur.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Things stay the same, until they change. When a change happens, there's a new state that doesn't look like the previous one.

Russia broke the defense of Avdiivka. While it was costly, they still have reserves available to throw into the fight, to pressure anew or exploit a breakthrough. With functional reserves, with better ISR & quicker targeting of high-value targets, with guided glide bombs - the advantages are all in Russia's favor at the moment. If they continue to press and break Ukraine defense more broadly, there could be a new rate of ground & casualty losses. Past results do not assure future ones.
View All Quotes

Sometimes my posts contain a little bit of sarcasm.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Sometimes my posts contain a little bit of sarcasm.  

View Quote

Fair.

But there is maybe too much of expecting things to remain the same without allowing for shifting dynamics. The trite reply in other threads along the lines of 'so when are they going to take Kyiv?' is not a serious statement or response. The answer to that question is 'nobody knows' and trying to project past results on future projections is a fool's game.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#15]

This BTR looked brand new.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#16]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Are there any serious discussions taking place at high levels to utilize Private Military Contractors in large numbers?

If the USA needed huge numbers of PMCs for its occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, I'm kind of surprised that we're not hearing about PMCs in Ukraine being used.  Either it's just not being discussed for political/propaganda reasons (ohh, those evil mecenaries, can't admit to that) or that's a really odd failing in my opinion.

View Quote

its a valid question and one i have also considered

i know previously -- the only Western 'volunteers' the UAF was advertising for were the International Legion -- basically in a light infantry role -- straight to the front after some initial training.

in the International Legion you are a member of the UAF -- 100% entitled to the 'protections' of the various conventions and laws governing treatment of POWs /EPWs if captured.

a contract worker -- if captured -- could face much worse treatment theoretically.  

have not heard of any other conduit of getting large-scale Western contracted assistance in-country.   the language barrier is real.  English is not widely spoken.  as is the alphabet.    

another factor -- HUGE money was getting spent on contractors during the GWOT.

the faucet of $$$$$ CASH is nowhere near as great in Ukraine -- its all (mostly all) going to EQUIPMENT needs ...
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I think you’re buying into the Russian narrative.
It took ten years to take Avdiivka, two years of which were all-out war.
It cost them (per Murz, who may be close on troops but is well short on visually confirmed vehicles) 16,000 men and 300 armored vehicles.  Visually confirmed vehicles losses were a lot higher than that..
Of course they have reserves, something like 8 million of them, but that is irrelevant.  Yes, they go on using up their men at this rate for years.  They can’t continue expending vehicles at this rate.  
This is a cost-benefit equation.  They (most likely Putin) decided to take Avdiivka for political reasons.  Reliable Russian sources like Girkin think that Avdiivka is irrelevant to the strategic situation.
Ukraine defended it explicitly it to extract a cost in Russian armored vehicles, which they did.
Russia invested the resources to prove they could take it at any cost.  So what?
If the Russians could press Ukraine more broadly with the intensity they did in Avdiivka, they would be.  They can’t.
Also understand that Russian efforts in the field always coincide with Russian info ops.  Sine the beginning of the war the thrust of info ops has been to to say “no level of aid will help anyway, if we have to throw ten million men at Ukraine we will.”
Combine this with demoralized quislings in the west who suddenly became committed isolationists, and you get the effect Russia is looking for.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]
Shahed drones currently.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#20]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]
It’s been like three days of this.

1918ET
🔴 01:00 Air alarm in
                Kyiv region
🔴 01:18 Air alarm in
                Donetsk region
🔴 01:26 Air alarm in
                Zhytomyr region

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81668

1924ET
✈️🚀 Tactical aviation is active again
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81669

1932ET
💥 Kyiv region - air defense is working
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81670

💥 Zhytomyr region - air defense is working
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81672

⚠️Currently recorded UAVs:
▪️Zhytomyr Region→Irpin/Kyiv.
The direction may change.
Stay in shelters 🙏

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81673

The movement of cans in a southern direction along the border of Kyiv region and Zhytomyr region.

There was already a similar route: then they attacked Starkon from the northern side, and another time they returned to Kyiv region / Kyiv / Obolon.
Let's see where pod@ry launched this time.

Kyiv cats - there is a threat of Shaheds.

https://t.me/eRadarrua/13924

Movement towards the capital through the Bucha/Irpen district.
https://t.me/eRadarrua/13925

🔴 01:55 Air alarm in
                Kharkiv region
🔴 01:56 Air alarm in
                Dnipropetrovsk
                region

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81674

⚠️🚀Ballistic threat from the East.
Pokrovsk district under ballistic fire.

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81675

Ballistic threat from the East.

Kharkivska
Dnipropetrovsk
Donetsk

https://t.me/eRadarrua/13926

✈️BPLA back→Belhorod.
They return to where they need to be🔥

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81678

💥 Kharkiv region - air defense is working
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81679

💥Vyshhorod, Kyiv region - powerful explosions
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81683

🟢 02:25 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                Kharkiv region
🟢 02:25 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                Dnipropetrovsk region

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81685

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]
‼️ Russia is at war not only with GUR, but also with common sense

👉 On the eve of "Putin's election", Kremlin propagandists, in order to please their dictator, reached the peak of the absurdity of their statements.

🔗https://gur.gov.ua/content/rosiia-vede-viinu-ne-lyshe-z-hur-ale-i-zi-zdorovym-hluzdom.html

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Skabeeva has really went downhill badly over the past two years. She was hot when the war started. She is now well into her transition into full blown babushka.
View Quote

I laughed because it's true.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Turret thrown laterally toward the camera on left side.

View All Quotes
Turret thrown laterally toward the camera on left side.

"GRIFON" UAV unit of the 501st separate battalion of the Marine Corps ZSU did not miss their chance. Beauty!  

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#30]
28 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:57:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#31]
Just in case this escaped notice

It is interesting how the Russian narrative on the RDK/LSV Special Military Operation to free Belgorod and return it to Ukraine has developed during the day.

--Initially, every Russian source in the MSM an social media was towing the Kremlin line about the invaders being killed at the border and they never touched Russian soil.

--The narrative then became that some freedom fighters had made it as far as the border "check" in an area that was not manned by defense forces.

--The narrative then became that the freedom fighters had amassed a very large force which included tanks and artillery (all under the noses of the Russians, by the way) and that the successes they are making are due to the fact that they do not care about losses.

--Now the narrative is that some in the Russian media have reported the presence of RDK/LSV forces inside Russia breaking all rules of "information warfare" (by telling the truth) which has caused the spread of panic.

Map by the communist propagandist Rybar showing, among other things, the Russians confirming that the RDK/LSV conducted a helicopter assault in Kozinka, Russia, where they now hold strong points.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Like a Aegis warhead....or a Starlink satilite
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:34:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#36]

***Sketchy quote alert

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Shouvalov

There should be no “private air defense”; such calls should be put to the wall. “Private air defense” is like creating an unmanned zone over Russia at Russia’s expense. You can’t gather such a team from supermarket security guards (and if you do, you won’t be able to assemble the factory that they supposedly are covering). The exchange of secret data between incomprehensible private individuals and the Ministry of Defense is not provided for in principle, and if it is “provided for,” then let’s publish data with limited access on the Internet with the obligatory signature “outsiders are prohibited from reading.”

Air defense can only be centralized on the basis of existing armed forces. If you try to challenge it, you’ll shoot him in the head and write it off as not a heart attack. A working model, by the way.
The problem is not the “lack of air defense at the factories,” but the fact that you can’t really fight and play at peaceful life at the same time. You can, as a rule, only pick your nose and have sex at the same time in one case: if they put you in doggy style and they fuck you while you are busy with your nose picking. I don’t know how to explain it any more clearly.

Our enemy is not Ukraine, but NATO. But NATO is not as dangerous as our idiots, and among our idiots the most seasoned are idiots with initiative and completely confident in their rightness.

They wanted private air defense. Asshole

https://t.me/shouvalov/195

Girkin

Friends, let’s talk about why many humanitarian workers (including me) are forced to refuse to accept small packages and cargo without documents to people who want to help the front. Sometimes they are asked to give small parcels to the fighters, for example, with sweets or gingerbread, and sometimes with homemade preparations. I am also very sad to refuse these requests. Don’t be offended, we don’t undertake to convey this often.

Just yesterday in St. Petersburg, the special services prevented a terrible, but so logical from the enemy’s point of view, crime: the SBU handed over a strong poison to recruited traitors so that they would add it to food intended for humanitarian aid. Poisoned food could get to our soldiers, to civilians in the liberated territories, even to children. Thank God this didn't happen.

But we must not forget for one minute about caution - literally the lives of our people are at stake. I make all large purchases of food products at food stores or hypermarkets, where I always get a quality certificate.

For the same reason, I am forced to refuse strangers who want to help on trips, although help would certainly not hurt. I know that there are a lot of good people, but my task, in addition to simple purchasing and delivery, is to always be on alert and eliminate all possible risks for people.

Believe me, there are much more useful and, what is especially important now, safe ways to help our guys. Humanitarians find out the real needs of units or people in need of help, and based on this knowledge, they raise funds.

It just so happens that society is now largely responsible for providing for the army. And in two years we have learned to do this wisely, so that not a single ruble invested by ordinary people goes to waste. But together, you and I cope well with the most difficult tasks.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/1000

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

That could escalate things a lot.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

View Quote

That is an alleged quote from a private meeting, not from the speech today.
But it's a spicy meatball.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Capta:
It cost them (per Murz, who may be close on troops but is well short on visually confirmed vehicles) 16,000 men and 300 armored vehicles.  Visually confirmed vehicles losses were a lot higher than that..
Of course they have reserves, something like 8 million of them, but that is irrelevant.  Yes, they go on using up their men at this rate for years.  They can’t continue expending vehicles at this rate.  
This is a cost-benefit equation.  They (most likely Putin) decided to take Avdiivka for political reasons.  Reliable Russian sources like Girkin think that Avdiivka is irrelevant to the strategic situation.
Ukraine defended it explicitly it to extract a cost in Russian armored vehicles, which they did.
Russia invested the resources to prove they could take it at any cost.  So what?
If the Russians could press Ukraine more broadly with the intensity they did in Avdiivka, they would be.  They can’t.
Also understand that Russian efforts in the field always coincide with Russian info ops.  Sine the beginning of the war the thrust of info ops has been to to say “no level of aid will help anyway, if we have to throw ten million men at Ukraine we will.”
Combine this with demoralized quislings in the west who suddenly became committed isolationists, and you get the effect Russia is looking for.
View Quote

It is possible for everything you said to be correct, and also for Ukraine to be unable to beat Russia and for Russia to continue making incremental and costly territorial gains for the near term. How long that situation lasts, who knows?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#41]
I've got to say, I'm pretty surprised (in a good way) with the recent change in rhetoric from Macron. In addition to his recent statements, Ukraine is getting all of France's Caesar production this year, which amounts to around 75 guns. I suppose that since the next French election isn't for a few years, and since Macron won't be serving another term, that means he can ignore domestic concerns for a bit and focus on Ukraine. Since Scholtz won't take the lead, Macron has stepped in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Is that a real quote?

France is a nuclear power on their own. And this kinda rebuts Stoltenberg who was saying no NATO country can deploy troops without NATO agreeing.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Interesting, the average age is still about 40, but you see a lot of young guys at Azov units.

1) They have a great reputation.
2) They do their own recruiting.

?? ???????? ?????: ?????? ??????, ??????????????? ?? ??????? ? ????? ????????? (?1)

??????? ????? ? ??????????? ?? ????????: ???? «???????» ? ????????? (?2)
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#45]

Is that a real quote?

France is a nuclear power on their own. And this kinda rebuts Stoltenberg who was saying no NATO country can deploy troops without NATO agreeing.

View Quote

Honestly, probably not.

Here's the article covering an interview from today.

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/france/article/2024/03/14/macron-says-russian-ukraine-victory-would-reduce-europe-s-credibility-to-zero_6619721_7.html

There are also a few posts claiming that the above was said in late February in a closed door meeting.
If it happened it will probably not be owned by Macron.

📢 MEA CULPA: We would like to sincerely apologize for a recent error in one of our tweets. An unverified and conspiratorial source was inadvertently cited. This does not reflect our journalistic standards. We are committed to correcting this error and strengthening our verification procedures. Thank you for your understanding.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Honestly, probably not.

Here's the article covering an interview from today.

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/france/article/2024/03/14/macron-says-russian-ukraine-victory-would-reduce-europe-s-credibility-to-zero_6619721_7.html

There are also a few posts claiming that the above was said in late February in a closed door meeting.
If it happened it will probably not be owned by Macron.
View Quote

That's better and more credible context. I almost wonder if the tweet was Russian disinfo: "we're fighting against NATO for our very existence! they want to destroy us!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I sure hope so. I am really starting to like Macron here lately.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
I've got to say, I'm pretty surprised (in a good way) with the recent change in rhetoric from Macron. In addition to his recent statements, Ukraine is getting all of France's Caesar production this year, which amounts to around 75 guns. I suppose that since the next French election isn't for a few years, and since Macron won't be serving another term, that means he can ignore domestic concerns for a bit and focus on Ukraine. Since Scholtz won't take the lead, Macron has stepped in.
View Quote

May the Lord bless and keep him safe.

At last a president with some balls.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#49]

It is possible for everything you said to be correct, and also for Ukraine to be unable to beat Russia and for Russia to continue making incremental and costly territorial gains for the near term. How long that situation lasts, who knows?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Russian (and Ukrainian) manpower will not run out in the short to medium term.  But if Russia wants to take Ukraine one Avdiivka at a time, I’m all for it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5490 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top