BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

An F250/F350 4x4 air dam is worth 1 mpg or more.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/IMG_20210216_085141_jpg-3064266.JPG

View Quote

The removed the AD on my 19 F150 (I know, much lighter truck) and my MPG didn’t change enough to be noticeable. What did change enough to be noticeable is the ride at interstate speeds, less smooth at 65+ and gets worse. Not dangerous, but it becomes more truck like.  I’m not the only one. The speculation is that it has something to do with the airflow and the tires.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The 2024 Toyota Tacoma Surprised Me on the TFL Slip Test & Off-Road!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By The_Syndicate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ6T2j8BnMs
View Quote

I watched that video this morning while I was getting ready for work. Truck did good. SR5 4x4's will have the same capability.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow! I didn't realize they were THAT ugly!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
View Quote

I think they look pretty good.

TRD Pro
Attachment Attached File

TRD OR.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#6]
It occurred to me that with the increase in size I probably won't be able to legally haul eight Tacomas on my transport like I do now.

We're allowed to run 14 feet tall and the current configuration is pretty close on a couple of positions - the second and fifth top positions occupied by the dark grey Tacos.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm not saying eight won't be hauled per load, but the loads will now be a "healthy" 14 foot.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]

It occurred to me that with the increase in size I probably won't be able to legally haul eight Tacomas on my transport like I do now.

We're allowed to run 14 feet tall and the current configuration is pretty close on a couple of positions - the second and fifth top positions occupied by the dark grey Tacos.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/PXL_20210312_191906119_2_jpg-3067244.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/2024_Toyota_Tacoma_TRD_Sport_4th_gen_vs_-3067242.JPG

I'm not saying eight won't be hauled per load, but the loads will now be a "healthy" 14 foot.

View Quote

How far east do you roll? Perhaps you will deliver my truck someday haha
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

How far east do you roll? Perhaps you will deliver my truck someday haha
View Quote

Generally, GST region for Tacos.  TX, OK, MS, LA, and AR.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/PXL_20210312_191906119_2_jpg-3067244.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/2024_Toyota_Tacoma_TRD_Sport_4th_gen_vs_-3067242.JPG

View Quote

What's a deflated tire or four to keep the height down?  
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ayada:

What's a deflated tire or four to keep the height down?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Good?

They look terrible. Like somebody gave up and couldn't draw anything but straight lines then said "let's put a bubble here and there to make it look styled". Hell, even Nissan could make a styled rig with straight lines that did look like ass back in the 80s (and since has mostly failed as well).

Most of the new vehicle designs in the past 5-10 years have been terrible.

I guess at least they got rear disk brakes a few centuries late.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:32:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#12]

Good?

They look terrible. Like somebody gave up and couldn't draw anything but straight lines then said "let's put a bubble here and there to make it look styled". Hell, even Nissan could make a styled rig with straight lines that did look like ass back in the 80s (and since has mostly failed as well).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Good?

Disagree. I like the way they look. I also like the 5th gen 4R and the 3rd gen Taco designs. Different strokes for different folks.  

Plus service life on Tacomas drums are over 100k. Are they outdated yes. There are plenty of advantages to disc but for the rear brakes on a light truck I have never had an issue with them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:

Disagree. I like the way they look. I also like the 5th gen 4R and the 3rd gen Taco designs. Didn’t strokes for different folks.  

Plus service life on Tacomas drums are over 100k. Are they outdated yes. There are plenty of advantages to disc but for the rear brakes on a light truck I have never had an issue with them.
View All Quotes

Good?

Disagree. I like the way they look. I also like the 5th gen 4R and the 3rd gen Taco designs. Didn’t strokes for different folks.  

I think they look good to me also but then, I'm more partial to the first gen round wheelwells a simple clean design. It's a truck, looks like a truck, and does it's job [within it's weight restrictions] like a truck.

It remains to be seen whether all the fru fru shit on the 4th gen will hold up well long term. But, with every manufacturer, it's always a fingers crossed thing nowadays.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

First mod on the new Tacoma:

Remove that front air dam
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's What I LOVE & HATE About The New 2024 Toyota Tacoma After Driving It For a Week!
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ayada] [#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNFjcpS0Prs
View Quote

Saw it earlier, really shows how easy the front air dam is to remove.

I'll have to sit in one to see the rear passenger space, the Colorado and Ranger certainly felt a bit better back there than the 3rd gen. Not that any of them are spacious but an inch or two really can make a difference.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Tacoma has always been the best looking mid sized truck
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Disagree. I like the way they look. I also like the 5th gen 4R and the 3rd gen Taco designs. Different strokes for different folks.  

View Quote

I rather effectiveness than service life. I got 200k out of the rear drums on my Nissan before a wheel cylinder died and I the rear brakes.

Drums suck. They suck to work on and they suck at stopping. Disks are less complicated and a much better choice. Likely lighter too for the same stopping power.

IMHO, if Yota went back to the late 70s or early 80s in styling they would look much better. Those are at least 20 years before my time so it's not like I'm being nostalgic or something. The new ones are fugly as has been the case with the tundra for some time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By hicap:
View Quote

I like that it's an evolution of the 3rd gen instead of just slapping a tinier Tundra front end on it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By hicap:
View Quote

Even if that is true the pre-tacoma Yota trucks still look way better but Nissan takes the cake for looks in the 80s and early 90s. Yotas were cheap during that time unlike their main competition.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like they are already getting discounted too and have not even hit the lots yet.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they are already getting discounted too and have not even hit the lots yet.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85934/Screenshot_2023-12-28_155943_png-3074046.JPG
View Quote

Did you see the post on Tacomaworld a week or so back? A dealer who wanted to do $5k ADM accidentally put $5k off on each of their trucks. Must have got a lot of calls on that one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Did you see the post on Tacomaworld a week or so back? A dealer who wanted to do $5k ADM accidentally put $5k off on each of their trucks. Must have got a lot of calls on that one.
View Quote

I bet they did. Wondering if they are going to not sell well. I test drove an AT4 back in May and have not seen any local to me that were not resold since. Dealer now has 3 on the lot as well as a ZR2 and other dealers have them as well.  Guess those sales are slowing. Good news for me as deals will soon be ready to be made.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 1:19:31 AM EDT
[#24]

I bet they did. Wondering if they are going to not sell well. I test drove an AT4 back in May and have not seen any local to me that were not resold since. Dealer now has 3 on the lot as well as a ZR2 and other dealers have them as well.  Guess those sales are slowing. Good news for me as deals will soon be ready to be made.
View Quote

We'll see, the initial offerings of high spec TRD Offroads with all the options ticked certainly didn't help peoples impressions. Dealers around here (of all brands) are still being stingy with any price reductions either way. The one closest to me is still trying to ask for an additional 2k on a 23 Tacoma that's been there for a few months. Michigan dealers seem to get all the deals, but that "60 miles away" search radius doesn't account for a lake in between.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Between it, the new Frontier, and Ranger, they all look like dogshit. But the entire truck lineup both mid and full sized leaves a lot to be desired at the moment. It's a shame really.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like Toyota did not grease enough palms over at the EPA.

https://tfltruck.com/2023/12/news-2024-toyota-tacoma-is-coming-later-than-expected-heres-why/
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#27]

https://tfltruck.com/2023/12/news-2024-toyota-tacoma-is-coming-later-than-expected-heres-why/
View Quote

FWIW this delayed the Colorado by months, and at that point the logistics of getting the trucks shipped became another bottleneck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

You can thank Mazda, GM, Porsche and esp VW and a few other overstatements. No idea what been going on at NVFEL but there's been dragging.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Look like the gigantic chin spoiler adds less than 1 mpg:
Does the New 2024 Toyota Tacoma's Massive Chin Spoiler Actually Do Anything? We Put It to the Test
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Good?

View Quote

I still rock my 2nd gen but the 4th gens look awesome, much better than the 3rd gens.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
Look like the gigantic chin spoiler adds less than 1 mpg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVQ_IzqIZ7Q
View Quote

There are going to be a lot of those headed to the landfill.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

at those prices they wont.

I have a 3rd gen and enjoy it, I would 100% buy another tacoma. But then toyota decided to turbo everything, so I wont be buying another as long as my only option is a turbo engine.
I'm fine with them adding a turbo as an option but leave the 3.5 V6 for those who don't want to be forced in to it.

so now since I cant get a new taco or tundra without a turbo looks like my next truck will be a lower end model F150 with the 5.0

turbo's in the new Tundra's arent working out to well.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like at least one has shipped.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like at least one has shipped.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85934/IMG_7300_jpg-3088022.JPG
View Quote

Will be interesting to see if the local dealers will finally discount the 23s that have been on their lot when the 24s start showing up, or if they'll play the "well MSRP is technically a discount for us compared to the last two years." game
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Will be interesting to see if the local dealers will finally discount the 23s that have been on their lot when the 24s start showing up, or if they'll play the "well MSRP is technically a discount for us compared to the last two years." game
View Quote

I would say you could get a couple of grand off right now.  Within 50 miles of me there are 26 new 2023's still for sale.  20 of them are white SRs.  Sounds like those dealers need to be contacting Orkin and Terminex and see if they need some new trucks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By xLucidx:

I have a 3rd gen and enjoy it, I would 100% buy another tacoma. But then toyota decided to turbo everything, so I wont be buying another as long as my only option is a turbo engine.
I'm fine with them adding a turbo as an option but leave the 3.5 V6 for those who don't want to be forced in to it.

so now since I cant get a new taco or tundra without a turbo looks like my next truck will be a lower end model F150 with the 5.0

https://i.ibb.co/vhYLH1Z/IMG-3613.png
View All Quotes

The Ford 5.0 has been junk since the Gen3 engine was introduced in 2018, and the most reliable engine under the hood of the F-150 is the little 2.7L EcoBoost. You know... the one with two turbos.

I also don't think I'd blanket the T24 I4 in the Tacoma with the V35 V6 in the Tundra. They're different engines with different backgrounds and different application/volume targets.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 4:16:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#39]

View All Quotes

Seeing how the XK50s debutted, you'd be deriding camshafts. Crazy, ill advised technology snapping like that. 3UR-FE turned out ok

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like someone made a data miner to pull allocation information from Toyota.  Also several other models that this info is on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/131kwPy9x2bwci1NVE0tetG3jG57TxdJE/edit#gid=984588552
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#41]
@phuzzyGnu

Seen any yet?  There are a bunch in freight status now with ETAs for next week.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Nope, and I'm at a BNSF railhead right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

My first one is due to drop at the VPC on 2/5/2024.  So most likely on the lot 2/8 or 2/9.

We were told that every dealer will get one at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Originally Posted By TXBO:

My first one is due to drop at the VPC on 2/5/2024.  So most likely on the lot 2/8 or 2/9.

We were told that every dealer will get one at the same time.
View Quote

I am wondering if GST and SET are not getting theirs as soon as the other distributors are.  I searched TX, LA, FL, and GA and none show shipped yet unlike all the other regions have trucks in shipped status.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#45]

I am wondering if GST and SET are not getting theirs as soon as the other distributors are.  I searched TX, LA, FL, and GA and none show shipped yet unlike all the other regions have trucks in shipped status.
View Quote

Every dealer in the country is supposed to get just one unit all on the same day.  Wheither that happens or not, who knows.  It will be the end of February before the first allocation will actually hit lots.... Or so we're told.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#46]

What is that thing? Lol
View All Quotes
Here is the mystery QR code that takes you the secret website:  https://www.toyota.com/owners/tacoma-taco-club.html

Not seeing anything for all the 3D printed stuff that they mentioned.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85934/Screenshot_2023-12-18_161744_png-3064728.JPG

What is that thing? Lol

That must be the cover for the storage compartment on the left side of the dash. I don't think it is accessible unless the door is open...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Every dealer in the country is supposed to get just one unit all on the same day.  Wheither that happens or not, who knows.  It will be the end of February before the first allocation will actually hit lots.... Or so we're told.
View All Quotes

In the meantime, Ford and GM rolls out their 2025 models.............................
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#48]
That must be a GST thing.  I just chatted with a dealer I have been working with and their first one comes in next week.  It is currently at the yard in IL.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Which trim and bed length is this?
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top