User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If your going to be in the area for even overnight, might be worth the time to set this up. Quick set up, just more designed for a more permanent application.

We have them in stock, if you need some quick give me a call.
View Quote

How big of an area can these cover?

I know several in the woods line would be ideal but what could one or two of these cover? You can get an idea of the terrain in the video from the first page

If this is my move you'll definitely be my call. Love working with you man
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
OP is gonna get raped by a couple of dwarfs on a quad.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A dog.
View Quote

My GSD makes me feel LESS safe when we're camping. He hears every twig snap for miles around and is convinced bigfoot is coming to attack us. Having a dog on alert like that 24/7 gets old real quick.

NOTHING gets anywhere near my camp without me knowing about it though. That's for sure.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Easiest, cheapest way that I know is to order the pull tab “personal alarms” Amazon has them 10 for $27. Those, fishing wire, and something to attach them to trees and you’re good to go. If you can figure out a way to rig that to some IR illumination that’d be pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you even claymore, bro?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]
dogs?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I tend to be OCD.  If it was me, I'd plan on an all-nighter the first night with thermal, floodlights and an autoloading shotgun.
View Quote

It wasn't until the 2nd night they came out last time
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

These work great if you can find them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Buy a couple of These
Or more better Here
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Nods
Airsoft
Small group patrols
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
For my camp security I prefer to take the backhoe out. 7ft trench surrounding my campground. Add a Generator and some lights, maybe a small watchtower and thats the kind of relaxation I love while camping.
What its all about...

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#17]
tanglefoot....but hook it up to a fifty mile fence charger.

Make sure you have video and game cams.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Good old cheap party poppers, tie one to a tree and extend the pull string. The little ones are 2.50 for 10, plenty cheap enough. Or get the bigger ones and replace the confetti with cs powder or very fine cayenne pepper.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I might give that a look that sounds like a pretty good idea
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use the little wood mousetraps. I drill a .22 cal size hole in the end and put a .22 nail gun blank in it. then tie fishing line to the trigger mech and run it like any other tripwire.  dirt cheap and you can get all the parts at home depot.  Be warned that the smaller mouse traps sometimes do not have enough energy to set off a blank.

I might give that a look that sounds like a pretty good idea

You may have to tweak the pan if it’s windy or raining.  Some mouse traps need a hare trigger, or the pop all the time.
Because hares are bigger than mice for the GD-ers who think “spellcheck….”
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"The hill people messed with us" ?
View Quote

Video at bottom of page 1 on a bit of what they did
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Buy some of those 12 ga "Dragon's Breath," rounds or you're a faggot.

That ought to show em'.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#24]
If it goes down like it did last time you won't need a perimeter alarm as the hill folks will be 30-40 yards away from your tent shooting at God knows what.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A dog.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"The hill people messed with us" ?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like an excellent tune up event.  Do initial site surveillance recon, establish rally points, sectors of fire, enemy MLAOA, dial in the night vision and thermals, etc.

A SHTF "how we really gonna do this?" exercise.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Are claymores and land mines an option for perimeter security?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd camp somewhere else.  Doesn't sound fun looking over your shoulder all the time.
View Quote

No, this is exactly what you want esa'!  I'm serial. Belt fed and the whole nine yards. Suppressed sniping rifle too.

Show these deliverance hicks whats up with their bullshit pronto!
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If your going to be in the area for even overnight, might be worth the time to set this up. Quick set up, just more designed for a more permanent application.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MURS Alert sensors and the mobile receiver would be easiest to setup and detect methbilly's coming your way.

I know nothing about these but they sound interesting.

Link?  What’s the quick and dirty to know about these?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Ask yourself "What Would The Ewoks Do?"

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Trip wires that set off a speaker playing "The Purge" siren

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ask yourself "What Would The Ewoks Do?"

View Quote

Do y'all have any functioning Mosin Nagants laying around?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]
32 Jack Russells.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd camp somewhere else.  Doesn't sound fun looking over your shoulder all the time.
View Quote

Funny.

I grew up in New Orleans. I just finished a contract in Grant, NE.

You people in Nebraska  have no idea what the world is like. I have had my head on a swivel since I was five.

Stay there. Stay safe. It’s better there, I promise.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Solo Overnight Survival Instructor Builds Arnolds Predator Trap in The Woods
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I’ve hitchhiked, camped, backpacked all over this country and Central America.  I’ve Walmart lurked hundreds of shameful nights. Hell once while moving across country with a full van I grabbed a fartbag and slept up on a Walmart conex.  Once crashed in a Las Vegas strip hedgerow.  That sucked to be honest.  

Mainly I just made sure noone sees me creep up into my spot and if vehicle mobile park so no one can block me in.  Now that I have a family…..  well life is a bit more pedestrian.  Guns, nods, shit for brains dogs and the BLM land is my oyster.  

Looks like the key for you guys would be some decent stand-off distance - meaning that you get a signal when the interlopers are still as far off as possible.  For work, I’ve used the mil surplus trip wire light stick crackers.  Put the mechanism up in a tree where you’re able to see it from camp and your signal will be nice and quiet.  Visible from a long way off too.  If you have cell service, the spypoint cell cams are pretty cheap and have a free subscription of a hundred pics a month.  They aren’t the best but work well enough.  Good luck and don’t die.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Someone else said trip flares, that's what I'd use.

I remember that thread, and yeah, I'd watch my ass too.

Be careful man, some people are stupid and have nothing to lose, you've got a wife and kids to think about now.

I've also used those shotgun round trip wire things, they work well and the one I had was cheap to run, I just gutted cheap lead shells and used those, scared the ever loving shit out a buddy with a couple.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I use the little wood mousetraps. I drill a .22 cal size hole in the end and put a .22 nail gun blank in it. then tie fishing line to the trigger mech and run it like any other tripwire.  dirt cheap and you can get all the parts at home depot.  Be warned that the smaller mouse traps sometimes do not have enough energy to set off a blank.

View Quote

Forgot all about these, I used to make them as a kid 40+ years ago.

If I remember right, I think we used to pull the slug out of .22 rounds and stuff paper or a q-tip in them and just used those instead of blanks because they were more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Uncommon Valor (3/10) Movie CLIP - A Lesson in Explosives (1983) HD
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Tripwires, claymores and schu-mines.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Set up a dummy tent a long way from your primary camp and wait for them to go to that site then use your imagination.

Put a light and something that looks like a human inside, you'll be good to go for your hillbilly trap.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I use to put up can lines with rocks in them to ID bears coming into camp or even two legged critters.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

It can be if you let it

Used to camp along cartel routes and near a meth lab out in the desert.  Keeps you young

I have set up sensor lights and pull alarms in the past,  I found them to be annoying as hell and don't use them anymore.   Sensors picked up too much and I woke up every 5 minutes because some squirrels decided to copulate on the camp kitchen or some nonsense.  The pull alarms fix that, but then trip for stuff like deer and raccoons that will be about.

I think scaring one companion right before bed real good so they stay awake worried is probably the best option.

Ive also taken to a passive followed by an active scan of my surroundings at night.  Thermal is SUPER helpful for this.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My GSD makes me feel LESS safe when we're camping. He hears every twig snap for miles around and is convinced bigfoot is coming to attack us. Having a dog on alert like that 24/7 gets old real quick.

NOTHING gets anywhere near my camp without me knowing about it though. That's for sure.
View Quote

All my Germans are the same. Only 1/3 will actually do something about it. ???????
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I thought this was a troll thread but apparently not

I'd recommend staying at your boyfriends house and leave the camping to others.
View Quote

Spoken exactly like someone who would piss themselves the first time a coyote yelps.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Dumb me all I use is bear resistant (not bear proof) food storage when in big bear country. Other than that I guess I'll die if something doesn't wake me up first. That's for backpacking. I don't normally camp in a campground.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I have found some claymores on amazon

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top