User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I never bent the knee as far as a 4473 form goes.  It was bent for before I was born and I never had a say.
That’s not the case on the brace issue.  The free SBR was bait for fools to take.    
View Quote

As long as they are different in your mind, that's the important bit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Justify what you like but he was right and you’re irrelevant.
4473 has been around before I was born.  The 4473 is a lost fight from a different generation. It’s from a time where most gun owners didn’t view the government as tyrants.
  Put another way.  I never bent the knee as far as a 4473 form goes.  It was bent for before I was born and I never had a say.
That’s not the case on the brace issue.  The free SBR was bait for fools to take.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's sad to see the number of "patriots" here that bent the knee to the king. They will probably be falling over each other to turn their guns in when they finally pass the bills to outlaw firearms ownership.

I guess you showed them. I'm assuming that you've never filled out a 4473, thus your sense of superiority.

4473 has been around before I was born.  The 4473 is a lost fight from a different generation. It’s from a time where most gun owners didn’t view the government as tyrants.
  Put another way.  I never bent the knee as far as a 4473 form goes.  It was bent for before I was born and I never had a say.

I guess a lot of guys look at a form 1 background check and registration stemming from 1934 legislation; the same way you look at a form 4473 background check and registration stemming from 1968 legislation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You're correct.
The literal translation is "from inception".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it means "from the start".  But I am not a lawyer and didn't pay attention in Latin class.
You're correct.
The literal translation is "from inception".

Yeah I was thinking it sounds a lot like "initiate or initial".
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only people, that I have taken issue with were in the early days of pistols. All the dudes who said things like "those should be illegal" and "It's just side stepping the law, you will just anger the ATF and antis it will be bad for everyone..." Fuck those guys. Fudds. Because the name of the game for getting back and preserving our rights in this Republic is common use.

Some of us realized, that the more pistols were bought, and the longer it went on, it would eventually become an impossible genie for the ATF to put back into the bottle. And now it could even be the impetus of shutting down even more of the NFA. The ATF has tried and spectacularly failed to undo pistol braces.

For all my brothers who bought pistols, you have supported a long developing victory for winning back some of our rights stolen as far back as 1934. Well done. The more people buy and normalize pistols, SBRs and suppressors, the harder it is to regulate and restrict them. AR SBRs and braced pistols are the best choice for modern home defense. Now we can move forward with continuing to sell them and normalize them as such. We can ensure that no one in our government, for generations can realistically hope to end our rights to these important firearms.

Without

AR15's
30 round or greater magazines
AR pistols / SBRs
Suppressors
Night vision, body armor and lasers

We have not secured the right for the citizens to be effectively armed for the purposes of the 2A. We require at least a semblance of the same basic equipment police and military use, to resist tyranny. If we lose access to it, like the AWB... We have surrendered the 2A.
View Quote

You left out personal weaponized drones and drone countermeasures from your list.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The only people, that I have taken issue with were in the early days of pistols. All the dudes who said things like "those should be illegal" and "It's just side stepping the law, you will just anger the ATF and antis it will be bad for everyone..." Fuck those guys. Fudds. Because the name of the game for getting back and preserving our rights in this Republic is common use.

Some of us realized, that the more pistols were bought, and the longer it went on, it would eventually become an impossible genie for the ATF to put back into the bottle. And now it could even be the impetus of shutting down even more of the NFA. The ATF has tried and spectacularly failed to undo pistol braces.

For all my brothers who bought pistols, you have supported a long developing victory for winning back some of our rights stolen as far back as 1934. Well done. The more people buy and normalize pistols, SBRs and suppressors, the harder it is to regulate and restrict them. AR SBRs and braced pistols are the best choice for modern home defense. Now we can move forward with continuing to sell them and normalize them as such. We can ensure that no one in our government, for generations can realistically hope to end our rights to these important firearms.

Without

AR15's
30 round or greater magazines
AR pistols / SBRs
Suppressors
Night vision, body armor and lasers

We have not secured the right for the citizens to be effectively armed for the purposes of the 2A. We require at least a semblance of the same basic equipment police and military use, to resist tyranny. If we lose access to it, like the AWB... We have surrendered the 2A.
View Quote

Hear, hear! Well stated.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never bent the knee as far as a 4473 form goes.  It was bent for before I was born and I never had a say.

So you completely disregard the idea of a past battle lost versus a current one you can win?

Recognize things for what they were. It was a test to see how many people would comply.  Some bent the knee to it others did not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I guess a lot of guys look at a form 1 background check and registration stemming from 1934 legislation; the same way you look at a form 4473 background check and registration stemming from 1968 legislation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's sad to see the number of "patriots" here that bent the knee to the king. They will probably be falling over each other to turn their guns in when they finally pass the bills to outlaw firearms ownership.

I guess you showed them. I'm assuming that you've never filled out a 4473, thus your sense of superiority.

As I just said in my other post.  One was a current issue the others have been in place.   That doesn’t mean I don’t think we should fight for repeals.  You fight the battles you have on your doorstep first.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So you completely disregard the idea of a past battle lost versus a current one you can win?

Recognize things for what they were. It was a test to see how many people would comply.  Some bent the knee to it others did not.
View Quote

It wasn't a test.  The ATF let the genie out of the bottle with pistol braces, and SBRs as part of NFA basically went away.  This was their attempt to put the genie back in the bottle.  I hope the end result is that SBRs are removed from NFA, but who knows.  The battle isn't over yet, and if people don't vote for candidates least likely to impose further gun control on us, we'll eventually lose.  People also have to recognize we have to choose the least "bad" candidate and realize we will never get the perfect candidate.

Arguing over who bent the knee is tiresome.  The ATF doesn't care how many did or didn't "bend the knee" and neither do the courts.  Donating to entities that fight for our 2nd amendment rights, and voting for candidates least likely to attack them is what makes a difference.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Call your senators today!  Schemur is trying to pass a bump stock ban (whos to say what else from ATF loses they'll add)
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Call your senators today!  Schemur is trying to pass a bump stock ban (whos to say what else from ATF loses they'll add)
View Quote

Would never make it to the floor of the house.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn’t schumer the one grilling last weekend. Hes probably pissed they caught him trying to act like a peasant.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Dudes who did FreeBRs:

Dudes who did form 1 SBRs:

Dudes who have filled out a 4473 to buy a gun:
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holy purse swinging cunts.

We really are our own worst enemy. Percent yourselves ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Holy purse swinging cunts.

We really are our own worst enemy. Percent yourselves ??

This

Quoted:

I agree.... It is totally retarded.  

It's also retarded to berate someone who paid the stamp to SBR their rifle.

THIS is one of the better examples of gun owners eating their own(not you and your post specifically, just some of the sentiments expressed in this thread).  It's pretty laughable watching people trying to "out hardass" the other guy.

this

Quoted:

Exactly what I mean....  

Where are your unregistered NFA items?  Oh, you don't have any?

Ever fill out a 4473 or have an item shipped to your FFL for a transfer?  Oh, you did?

Laughable.

this

Quoted:

We really are our own worst enemy.

re- read this again
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I bet if they removed suppressors and SBRs off the NFA list. The same fags mad about the freeBR would be pissed about suppressors being removed. lmao
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need. T$ back to get it rammed thru again…

“Bump stocks, we are writing that out. I am writing that out, I don’t care if Congress does it or not, I’m writing it out myself.” Said T$ very proudly.

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It wasn't a test.  The ATF let the genie out of the bottle with pistol braces, and SBRs as part of NFA basically went away.  This was their attempt to put the genie back in the bottle.  I hope the end result is that SBRs are removed from NFA, but who knows.  The battle isn't over yet, and if people don't vote for candidates least likely to impose further gun control on us, we'll eventually lose.  People also have to recognize we have to choose the least "bad" candidate and realize we will never get the perfect candidate.
View Quote

I think it's going to depend on how the election goes. If Trump wins we are back to how it was before the ruling.  If the Biden fraud machine wins then ATF will just consider every brace that didn't have an approval letter to be a stock.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think it's going to depend on how the election goes. If Trump wins we are back to how it was before the ruling.  If the Biden fraud machine wins then ATF will just consider every brace that didn't have an approval letter to be a stock.
View Quote

If that happens, we no longer live in a Consitutional Republican and all bets are off anyway.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember that the rule was vacated based on non-compliance with the Administrative Procedure Act, not the Second Amendment.  If Biden gets another term, they can just have a do over and make it clean this time.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Remember that the rule was vacated based on non-compliance with the Administrative Procedure Act, not the Second Amendment.  If Biden gets another term, they can just have a do over and make it clean this time.
View Quote

Sucks donkey balls that we have to pay the attorneys on BOTH freaking sides of the issue on this shit.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As I just said in my other post.  One was a current issue the others have been in place.   That doesn’t mean I don’t think we should fight for repeals.  You fight the battles you have on your doorstep first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting a free form one is fighting the NFA, if you want an SBR and if you want SBR to be considered common use. That's part what you are missing here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Getting a free form one is fighting the NFA, if you want an SBR and if you want SBR to be considered common use. That's part what you are missing here.
View Quote

I'm missing everything that makes sense to you.

Running an SBR without stamp is fighting the NFA. Compliance is not. If you have a stamp you complied. That's all there is to it.

I say that as someone with multiple NFA stamps under multiple categories.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Running an SBR without stamp is fighting the NFA. Compliance is not. If you have a stamp you complied. That's all there is to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As far as I can tell, those are suddenly good to go again with a brace.  The letter has been tossed in its entirety.

Though I have to ask- that recoil has got to be pretty something!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So with this vacated. How does this effect firearms and 12 gauge firearms?

I know the initial injunction/etc only applied to pistols. Currently a gray area again?

As far as I can tell, those are suddenly good to go again with a brace.  The letter has been tossed in its entirety.

Though I have to ask- that recoil has got to be pretty something!

I'm thinking this is the case as well. A few people on Reddit were saying it's still illegal, which doesn't make sense since the ATF's most recent rules have been vacated.

Recoil probably won't be too bad with a SBA4 or SBA5. I wouldnt use a blade on it however.

Eagerly waiting for more stores to offer this combo again for firearms.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems to me we should be talking about this more
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Who approved the sample?

Thank you for proving my point.

Now, back to the dilemma.  Do I bow down lower to the kings men by not paying the SBR tax all while never asking permission to exercise my right to conceal carry than those who pay the tax and request permission to carry?  One could argue the opposite.

By the way, if the approval is reversed, I’ll just pay the tax the same as was done before, or go back to the brace.  The gear head tail hook actually works great as both.

God help us if the registry for machine guns opens for registering binary triggers.  ARF would melt down as we resorted to cannibalism.

View Quote

A sample without a spring was approved. It was later sold with a spring, and that was why it was disapproved. I think it is bullshit to have to resort to developing it in the first place.
Page / 160
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top