BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 50
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So your random sampling of untrained people is more "balanced" but dont know anything about investigative processes, conducting interviews, evidence collection, case prep, etc and thats better than an outside agency that is trained to do all of those tasks?  How do you  think officers withn an agency view an outside agency that is investigating their OIS? Are they high fiving each other in the bar at night or what?
I posted my view on the shooting very early in this thread. Maybe a random pool of people can find it for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A random sampling of the population is going to be much more balanced than an investigatory board empaneled entirely by cops.

Look dude, this isn't rocket science. We are talking about a job which has a GED as the minimum hiring requirement, not putting a man on the moon. Investigating police actions is not a challenging endeavor.

So your random sampling of untrained people is more "balanced" but dont know anything about investigative processes, conducting interviews, evidence collection, case prep, etc and thats better than an outside agency that is trained to do all of those tasks?  How do you  think officers withn an agency view an outside agency that is investigating their OIS? Are they high fiving each other in the bar at night or what?
What's your honest thoughts on the shooting? Good shoot? Justified shoot? Should/Will this police officer face charges?

I posted my view on the shooting very early in this thread. Maybe a random pool of people can find it for you.
I'm a pool!

I'm pretty sure you said it was a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Once you step away from GD you'll see thats not quite the case.
View Quote

An innocent kid was killed by a police officer, in his own home, while doing nothing wrong. It was a situation entirely initiated and created by the police officer, and is being justified solely due to him wearing a uniform.

Seemingly everybody outside the LE community understands the problem with this.

The only people trying to equivocate or justify the actions, are police officers. Do you not recognize the issue with this dynamic?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

so you didn't actually have anything typed out.  /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had a big old response typed out, hit the back arrow.  Remembered that there is only us plebes, and those that want to force us to comply.

so you didn't actually have anything typed out.  /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

I did.

We all remember the Uvalde case, the Cherokee NC case (where cops threw a rc car into the camper, then shot the dude), now this.  Seems like you've drawn your line in the sand.  We've seen where you stand.  It's not with us plebes.  You can post all of the gif memes you want, we know where you stand.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

An innocent kid was killed by a police officer, in his own home, while doing nothing wrong. It was a situation entirely initiated and created by the police officer, and is being justified solely due to him wearing a uniform.

Seemingly everybody outside the LE community understands the problem with this.

The only people trying to equivocate or justify the actions, are police officers. Do you not recognize the issue with this dynamic?
View Quote

"The situation" being the shooting or the call for service?

Annnnddddddd......what does that have to do with this "significant decrease" I was responding to?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a pool!

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I did.

We all remember the Uvalde case, the Cherokee NC case (where cops threw a rc car into the camper, then shot the dude), now this.  Seems like you've drawn your line in the sand.  We've seen where you stand.  It's not with us plebes.  You can post all of the gif memes you want, we know where you stand.
View Quote

About the only person confirming where they stand is you with that giant victim card youre waving around.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe not selectively picking what video frames to base their investigation on? Hard for LE to investigate objectively if they are the only ones entitled to feel threatened.

Independent by their peers. The citizens also directly affected. Their employers.

Like poster above. Sole job investigating only these types of complaints.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Once you step away from GD you'll see thats not quite the case.
View Quote

Do you believe that the percentage of people who are not pro-le in general is insignificant a.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe not selectively picking what video frames to base their investigation on? Hard for LE to investigate objectively if they are the only ones entitled to feel threatened.

Independent by their peers. The citizens also directly affected. Their employers.

Like poster above. Sole job investigating only these types of complaints.

View Quote

Isnt an outside agency already independent of all the groups in bold?

Would there be enough work to warrant funding a new agency (at the state level) that had that single purpose? Would it also field IA complaints from agencies, small criminal matters, or what?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"The situation" being the shooting or the call for service?

Annnnddddddd......what does that have to do with this "significant decrease" I was responding to?
View Quote

The call was for a suspicious noise.  Not for a woman screaming don't shoot me.  Yet officer friendly rolled out like the alarm was going off at Fire Base Eagle.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Isnt an outside agency already independent of all the groups in bold?

Would there be enough work to warrant funding a new agency (at the state level) that had that single purpose? Would it also field IA complaints from agencies, small criminal matters, or what?
View Quote

The same culture cannot be trusted.  Independent training and funding. Agencies policing themselves is real funny after acorn 1.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The call was for a suspicious noise.  Not for a woman screaming don't shoot me.  Yep officer friendly rolled out like the alarm was going off at Fire Base Eagle.
View Quote

Pretty sure the call was for a domestic disturbance not a suspicious noise. Without going back to watch the video,  the deputy is told about a resident stating she had heard multiple domestic disturbances from the victim's apartment in the past (and had told the leasing office about them iirc) and today the disturbance seemed to be escalating which prompted the 911 call. As they walk to the elevator the person speaking to the deputy (who to me appears to work in the leasing office) states she heard a domestic, with what she thought was a slap roughly, two weeks ago but she didnt call 911 because she wasnt sure which apartment it was coming from but thought it was the same one as that day. She then gives the deputy the victim's apartment number and he goes up to the apartment.

I view the way the call was handled, up until the shooting, was pretty normal for what the deputy was told.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The same culture cannot be trusted.  Independent training and funding. Agencies policing themselves is real funny after acorn 1.
View Quote

Ok that doesnt answer the questions about what this new agency would handle.

How does FDLE not meet what you want? Because they handle other tasks?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FDLE is just another LE organization.  I read their recent press releases and it's all about how they were investigating and arresting the publc.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where is the report from the UPS incident? Been a couple years now.

One agency whose sole job only investigating all the isolated incidents seriously.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why dont you tell us?

Because cops found to have passed the “reasonable officer” standard in unequivocal bad shoots is a broken system. What’s the fix?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to this FDLE handed it over to prosecutors in 2021

One agency whose sole job only investigating all the isolated incidents seriously.

What constitutes an "isolated" incident?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why dont you tell us?

Because cops found to have passed the “reasonable officer” standard in unequivocal bad shoots is a broken system. What’s the fix?
View Quote

I see something like FDLE (in FL) and the SBI (in NC) as meeting his wants. I can see them investigating shootings and major corruption but dont see them being involved in IA complaints or similar things unless reasonably requested.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the call was for a domestic disturbance not a suspicious noise. Without going back to watch the video,  the deputy is told about a resident stating she had heard multiple domestic disturbances from the victim's apartment in the past (and had told the leasing office about them iirc) and today the disturbance seemed to be escalating which prompted the 911 call. As they walk to the elevator the person speaking to the deputy (who to me appears to work in the leasing office) states she heard a domestic, with what she thought was a slap roughly, two weeks ago but she didnt call 911 because she wasnt sure which apartment it was coming from but thought it was the same one as that day. She then gives the deputy the victim's apartment number and he goes up to the apartment.

I view the way the call was handled, up until the shooting, was pretty normal for what the deputy was told.
View Quote

As usual you leave out all the facts.  Even on the body camera it is revealed to be 4th party information.  You won't address that.  The FOIA has already revealed there were no calls to that apartment for DV it was an apartment 2 doors down.  You aren't going to address that either. You just keep obfuscating.  The deputy went on a wild goose chase on the word of 2 Karens.  He had no reason to be there. Then he hid from the peep hole to keep from being identified.  When the door open he mag dumped the airman for holding a gun.  That isn't conjuncture, he admits to it on video crump posted.  Also inconvenient for you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

According to this FDLE handed it over to prosecutors in 2021
What constitutes an "isolated" incident?
View Quote

2 years it took then for the UPS debacle. Impressive. Where is a copy to read?

2024 now so there is your definition of isolated.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As usual you leave out all the facts.  Even on the body camera it is revealed to be 4th party information.  You won't address that.  The FOIA has already revealed there were no calls to that apartment for DV it was an apartment 2 doors down.  You aren't going to address that either. You just keep obfuscating.  The deputy went on a wild goose chase on the word of 2 Karens.  He had no reason to be there. Then he hid from the peep hole to keep from being identified.  When the door open he mag dumped the airman for holding a gun.  That isn't conjuncture, he admits to it on video crump posted.  Also inconvenient for you.
View Quote

Holy crap guy....rub your pressure points and go woosaaaa for a moment.  What in my post is inaccurate according to the body cam footage? My posts states exactly what is told to the deputy.....that a woman said she had heard multiple domestic disturbances in the past from that apartment and she had heard one that day that sounded like it was escalating and called the office about it. And that the person talking to the deputy had heard one in that area 2 weeks before hand but she wasnt sure exactly which apartment it was. This info is plain to hear AND is in the subtitles. That btw makes atleast one account, 1st person info since she is saying she heard it (thats the 2 week prior incident).   The deputy then goes straight to the apartment number he is given and eventually the shooting happens after he has identified himself twice.  

NONE of that is inconvenient to me since its painfully obvious what was told to the deputy and hes working off of the information he is given at the time.

So feel free to point out the "facts" I'm leaving out or better yet learn what some of the words youre using actually mean.  Oh; and watch the video (linked below with subtitles for the potentially hearing impaired)

Okaloosa County Deputy Shoots Airman Who Opened His Apartment's Door Holding a Gun
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are these guys just functioning alcoholics or what?
View Quote

Bottom of the barrel intelligence seems to be the hiring strategy for LE these days. The dumber the better.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bottom of the barrel intelligence seems to be the hiring strategy for LE these days. The dumber the better.
View Quote

That’s a bit over the line I think.

LE is a hard job, and it’s done well by 99% of the officers in 99.9% of interactions with the public. But when hiring minimums are low, and starting pay is low, you will attract certain applicants. And then couple that with certain training practices, and you end up with situations like the one in this thread.

I simply don’t understand what is so hard about unequivocally condemning this cop’s actions, and supporting referral to a grand jury for criminal charges.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

LE is a hard job, and it’s done well by 99% of the officers in 99.9% of interactions with the public. But when hiring minimums are low, and starting pay is low, you will attract certain applicants. And then couple that with certain training practices, and you end up with situations like the one in this thread.

I simply don’t understand what is so hard about unequivocally condemning this cop’s actions, and supporting referral to a grand jury for criminal charges.
View Quote

Over the line? We essentially said the same thing I just said it more eloquently.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a pool!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphy-359.gif
Pepperidge Farms remembers
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Holy crap guy....rub your pressure points and go woosaaaa for a moment.  What in my post is inaccurate according to the body cam footage? My posts states exactly what is told to the deputy.....that a woman said she had heard multiple domestic disturbances in the past from that apartment and she had heard one that day that sounded like it was escalating and called the office about it. And that the person talking to the deputy had heard one in that area 2 weeks before hand but she wasnt sure exactly which apartment it was. This info is plain to hear AND is in the subtitles. That btw makes atleast one account, 1st person info since she is saying she heard it (thats the 2 week prior incident).   The deputy then goes straight to the apartment number he is given and eventually the shooting happens after he has identified himself twice.  

NONE of that is inconvenient to me since its painfully obvious what was told to the deputy and hes working off of the information he is given at the time.

So feel free to point out the "facts" I'm leaving out or better yet learn what some of the words youre using actually mean.  Oh; and watch the video (linked below with subtitles for the potentially hearing impaired)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYC7IQMBK5s
View Quote

Are you making up facts or lying?

The "star witness" you are hanging your hat on said "but I wasn't sure where it came from".
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't really say 99% of cops are doing the job well. Do you see fuckups like this cop being hung out to dry by his fellow officers?

No, you don't.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Over the line? We essentially said the same thing I just said it more eloquently.
View Quote

I’m nitpicking the “hiring strategy” comment.

Police departments don’t dictate their own budget.  As a result, society gets the police officers it is willing to pay for.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’m nitpicking the “hiring strategy” comment.

Police departments don’t dictate their own budget.  As a result, society gets the police officers it is willing to pay for.
View Quote

We've seen both bottom pay scale and well compensated officers make fundamental constitutional errors on video.  So I wonder (facetiously), what's the pay required to make this stop?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Taking what some 3rd party has to say as solid info is part of the problem. People are stupid and have no idea what's really going on. People lie and SWAT people they don't like.

Did I call you to my residence? Did an involved party call directly asking for help? No? Then stay the hell off my property.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We've seen both bottom pay scale and well compensated officers make fundamental constitutional errors on video.  So I wonder (facetiously), what's the pay required to make this stop?
View Quote

That’s only one part of the equation.  But starting dudes off at something better than $19/hr is going to attract applicants with the aptitude to make more than $19/hr.  That’s a step in the right direction.

Add to that a change in the training the precludes the attitude of “he had a gun, we’re good” after the cop murders a law abiding military member, and we might get somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Taking what some 3rd party has to say as solid info is part of the problem. People are stupid and have no idea what's really going on. People lie and SWAT people they don't like.

Did I call you to my residence? Did an involved party call directly asking for help? No? Then stay the hell off my property.

View Quote

3rd party information would be an improvement in this case.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Not related...but holy shit!

Records show MPD had wrong house when they broke down door over plastic doll
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

… what happens when they shoot you through the window, because you heard sounds in your back yard, and grabbed your firearm?
View Quote

You get to die.
They get sentenced to 11 years for manslaughter.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Taking what some 3rd party has to say as solid info is part of the problem.
View Quote

and knocking on the door of the residence to see if there is an issue is a reasonable response.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

and knocking on the door of the residence to see if there is an issue is a reasonable response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shooting a man who is not threatening you is an unreasonable one.

Banging on the door like an asshole isn’t something a reasonable person does.

Ordering the resident to open the door when you don’t have a legal authority to do so is an unreasonable thing to do.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, stay off my property.

Did I call you? Did the imaginary victim call you? No, go away.

But for the sake of the situation at hand, he didn't just knock on the guys door and ask if there was an issue.. he murdered him for being armed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is! That’s what cops do!

Shooting and killing the homeowner when he opens the door because he has a pistol in his hand, pointed at the ground, is not!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Shooting and killing the homeowner when he opens the door because he has a pistol in his hand, pointed at the ground, is not!
View Quote

Maybe thats the reason I said it was a bad shoot back on page 6.  You know.....31 pages ago
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

But for the sake of the situation at hand, he didn't just knock on the guys door and ask if there was an issue.. he murdered him for being armed.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Maybe thats the reason I said it was a bad shoot back on page 6.  You know.....31 pages ago
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do understand that a big part of the problem we have in these situations is even when some of you admit it was a bad shoot, you guys (arfcops) continue to support and defend the system, training, mindset, etc. that lead to bad outcomes. No?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

Not an unexpected response.

Laugh all you want but you guys will continue to push the public away from supporting you more and more until you won't like the outcome one day.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You do understand that a big part of the problem we have in these situations is even when some of you admit it was a bad shoot, you guys (arfcops) continue to support and defend the system, training, mindset, etc. that lead to bad outcomes. No?
View Quote

Just because there was a negative outcome doesnt mean training, mindset, etc is bad.  You have to look at the totality of the circumstances and see where there is an issue and what are some ways to correct it...if there even is a problem.  Some posters have NO CLUE as to what is actually taught, why it is taught, etc and of course people that are more informed are going to address those things when they come up.  Failing to address things like that leads to inaccurate ideas becoming reinforced beliefs.  Those reinforced beliefs become inappropriate anger when things dont happen the way the person thought they were supposed to.  It is something everyone does with topics they are knowledgeable about.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Laugh all you want but you guys will continue to push the public away from supporting you more and more until you won't like the outcome one day.
View Quote

It shouldnt be unexpected because your statement was laughable and completely devoid of reality.  By your standard, a person could stand in the street and watch you shoot your life partner 27 times in your front yard but since neither you or your life partner called 911 the police have no business coming on your property.  See how stupid that is
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

… what happens when they shoot you through the window, because you heard sounds in your back yard, and grabbed your firearm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looong @LawyerUp video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2H7bk4psIs

Already happened...

They shot this guy through his door, and lied about it.

Can't forget Atatania Jefferson getting shot through her window.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It shouldnt be unexpected because your statement was laughable and completely devoid of reality.  By your standard, a person could stand in the street and watch you shoot your life partner 27 times in your front yard but since neither you or your life partner called 911 the police have no business coming on your property.  See how stupid that is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And your scenario could just as easily be a "SWATing" as I mentioned. Which would have you guys rolling up with multiple units ready for a gunfight, right?

Witness info is notoriously unreliable is it not?

*Edit*

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I am always going to err on the side of liberty.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And your scenario could just as easily be a "SWATing" as I mentioned. Which would have you guys rolling up with multiple units ready for a gunfight, right?

View Quote

If guys arent ready to get into a gun fight each day they come into work then they should go back home.  

False 911 calls, while being a real thing, are extremely uncommon so yeah.....youre post is still laughable for the obvious reasons

And Im sure Blackstone would laugh at you too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If guys arent ready to get into a gun fight each day they come into work then they should go back home.  

False 911 calls, while being a real thing, are extremely uncommon so yeah.....youre post is still laughable for the obvious reasons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point was they would be showing up to an innocent persons home ready to get into a shootout. Then when the homeowner responds to the no-knock door kicking with their firearm, as they should, they would be gunned down. Oops oh well?

Not that uncommon.. the airman was murdered over a complete falsehood.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:41:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

.031 the officer clearly says "he had a gun opening the door". Pretty clear that it was the mere possession, not a threat that made him get it on.

video.mp4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is being said is that if he had tried to bring it a threatening position or if he was acting threateningly people would probably view this shooting differently.

.031 the officer clearly says "he had a gun opening the door". Pretty clear that it was the mere possession, not a threat that made him get it on.

video.mp4

That’s what I was saying I am not on the cops side in this. That cop had no business shooting that airman
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My point was they would be showing up to an innocent persons home ready to get into a shootout. Then when the homeowner responds to the no-knock door kicking with their firearm, as they should, they would be gunned down. Oops oh well?

Not that uncommon.. the airman was murdered over a complete falsehood.
View Quote

Your posts are so convoluted and full of things that dont just happen its not funny.  

The airman was shot because a deputy over-reacted when he saw a firearm. Not do to a "SWATTing" or whatever else you want to try to attribute to it.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top