User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bought in cash, probably by drug dealers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extorris dealt with the same sort of guys in NYC, and he said that in his experience, most of them weren't actually stolen. Surprisingly.
Bought in cash, probably by drug dealers.
Quite possible.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wonder what percentage of the bikes are stolen.
View Quote
87%, at least.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wonder what percentage of the bikes are stolen.
View Quote
87%, at least.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did he ram the cop and the cop become attached or did the cop grab the handle bar?
View Quote
On the radio this am, they stated the cop was attempting to remove the driver from the ATV
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're 100% correct.

Police departments need to bring themselves into 21st century case law and understand that USSC case Mullenix v. Luna allows them shoot criminals fleeing at high speed in motor vehicles, as they present an ongoing danger to the motoring public.

Less grab on. More gunshot to back of head as they put it in drive/step on the gas.

You have no Constitutional right to flee arrest and endanger innocent people as you do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was less "drug the officer" than the cop refused to believe he couldn't stop the vehicle by holding it.

Good bust when they catch the ass hat but damn don't step in front of or grab onto moving vehicles.  Not everyone respects your authority.
You're 100% correct.

Police departments need to bring themselves into 21st century case law and understand that USSC case Mullenix v. Luna allows them shoot criminals fleeing at high speed in motor vehicles, as they present an ongoing danger to the motoring public.

Less grab on. More gunshot to back of head as they put it in drive/step on the gas.

You have no Constitutional right to flee arrest and endanger innocent people as you do so.
The average street cop would hit the suspect and four bystanders.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just like to say WaKanDa For Eva  
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You're 100% correct.

View Quote
I wouldn’t try that in a liberal city like Nashville.

They recently indicted one of their officers for shooting a suspect running from him, looking back over his shoulder, with a pistol in his hand...
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dirt bikes and atvs should be legal to ride on the streets.
View Quote
Uh, they pretty much are here, with a couple easy mods.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A different article I read said that the cop tried to grab him after he clipped a car. And that they arrested someone else at the scene.

Could RICO be applied in a case like this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he ram the cop and the cop become attached or did the cop grab the handle bar?
A different article I read said that the cop tried to grab him after he clipped a car. And that they arrested someone else at the scene.

Could RICO be applied in a case like this?
Lol RICO?  For reckless driving?????  What the fuck is wrong with you?  First, we have a guy proposing that reckless drivers be executed on sight, now you want to throw the full weight of the federal gov at them and lock them up for 20-Life?  Bwahahahahahaha

Authoritarians gonna authoritarian I reckon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You're 100% correct.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was less "drug the officer" than the cop refused to believe he couldn't stop the vehicle by holding it.

Good bust when they catch the ass hat but damn don't step in front of or grab onto moving vehicles.  Not everyone respects your authority.
You're 100% correct.

There are quite a few things wrong with this statement.

1) The opinion of the court was that the officer did no use deadly force as he was trying to force the vehicle to a stop by shooting it, not the driver.

2) The case was about whether the officer had qualified immunity, not whether he was to be held criminally liable for shooting the fleeing suspect.

3) Shooting at an ATV, a fast, agile vehicle, in dense traffic, is just asking to miss and hit a bystander.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol RICO?  For reckless driving?????  What the fuck is wrong with you?  First, we have a guy proposing that reckless drivers be executed on sight, now you want to throw the full weight of the federal gov at them and lock them up for 20-Life?  Bwahahahahahaha

Authoritarians gonna authoritarian I reckon.
View Quote
If a shithead wants to participate in something like this, and a fellow ATV rider does a hit and run, I'm ok with every shithead in the group being charged with it. Lie down with dogs, company you keep, etc.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
1). Cop is a moron. Don't jump onto a moving vehicle. You're not the star of an action movie. You're going to get hurt.

2). The idiot on the ATV does indeed need prosecution, along with all his cohorts causing trouble with their reckless behavior.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, he aimed for that cop.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're 100% correct.

View Quote
We should kill people for traffic offenses?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]
ATV rider arrested after hitting police van in downtown Nashville

One of the ATV riders was arrested today for a hit and run involving a police van. He had weed and pills on him when arrested, but didn't have a motorcycle license. And, sorry, ARFCOM, no mention of the ATV having been stolen. If it been, I'm sure they wold have mentioned it and any charges related to possession of a stolen motor vehicle.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Metro Police said they have arrested the biker who struck a police van during a massive swarm of ATV and dirt bike riders driving recklessly on Saturday.

Quintin Whitman, 32, is jailed in Metro on charges of reckless driving, two counts possession of a controlled substance and driving without a license.

According to a police affidavit, Whitman was part of the dozens of riders recklessly driving four-wheelers and dirt bikes. Riders were seen doing wheelies and driving in and out of traffic and going the wrong way along lower Broadway.

"They failed to drive with due care and had no regard for the safety of other motorists on the roadway," the police affidavit said.

As a result, police said Whitman struck a police van. Police said Whitman doesn't have a valid motorcycle license. He was also found with amphetamine pills and marijuana. the affidavit said.

Police said Whitman did not have a prescription for the amphetamine, which is a schedule II controlled substance.

Meanwhile, Metro Police are still searching for the ATV rider who dragged a police officer down Broadway.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fleeing at high speed in a vehicle has been ruled a violent crime by SCOTUS. Sykes v. United States, 2011
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL that cop is retarded. Playing in traffic like that is a good way to get paralyzed or dead.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Uh, were we watching the same video? Cop is running along side the cars, atv guy cuts between the cars and they met in the middle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#20]
GD calls cops fat and lazy.

Cop tries to police and GD calls him stupid and they all profess how the job should be done.

So many experts with so few balls to sign up and try it out in real life
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That ATV/dirt bike gang crap in urban areas looks like a prequel to a Mad Max film.

There needs to be a shoot on sight order for that bullshit.
View Quote
What he said.

Same goes for the hippies who do the "Critical Mass" bicycling things.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
GD calls cops fat and lazy.

Cop tries to police and GD calls him stupid and they all profess how the job should be done.

So many experts with so few balls to sign up and try it out in real life
View Quote
You don't have to be an expert in law enforcement tactics to know that playing in traffic is a stupid idea.

That shit was explained to most of us when we were 5.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Uh, were we watching the same video? Cop is running along side the cars, atv guy cuts between the cars and they met in the middle.
View Quote
Looks deliberate to me. ATV rider slows down and it looks like he's watching the cop before he speeds up and hits him. At the very least, the cop didn't jump on or in front of the ATV, like some idiots will try to claim.

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You don't have to be an expert in law enforcement tactics to know that playing in traffic is a stupid idea.

View Quote
What if I told you that the job often requires us to be in traffic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You're 100% correct.

View Quote
You tell em! Go get em cowboy! LOL
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks deliberate to me. ATV rider slows down and it looks like he's watching the cop before he speeds up and hits him. At the very least, the cop didn't jump on or in front of the ATV, like some idiots will try to claim.

https://i.imgur.com/Qa3WSm2.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Qa3WSm2.gif
Again, looks like they just met in the middle. The deliberate part was him trying to get away. Not excusing that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guarantee your job doesn't require you to become a human meat shield to stop a fleeing ATV.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I guarantee your job doesn't require you to become a human meat shield to stop a fleeing ATV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why you no like head and spine injuries?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Utterly embarrassing for the city... and 2 minutes from my front door.

Get those ferals under control.  Kill a few.  I don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I'm just not as committed as others at securing that dental plan.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Sometimes, it's just not worth the effort lol.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Needs Benny Hill music.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fleeing at high speed in a vehicle has been ruled a violent crime by SCOTUS. Sykes v. United States, 2011
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You all keep twisting these cases to mean something they don't.

1). It was deemed a violent felony for the purposes  of the Armed Career Criminals Act only.

2). That same definition was considered unconstitutionally vague in Johnson v US
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

1). It was deemed a violent felony for the purposes  of the Armed Career Criminals Act only.

2). That same definition was considered unconstitutionally vague in Johnson v US
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean you can't shoot a black man riding a dirt bike in the street? Damn, I thought this was America.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, Mr. Policeman.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top