BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's probably why Marcellus sent him to Butch's apartment to finish the job (screwed that up, too). You can't have a guy like that working for you in that business for very long, don't forget he's also a junkie. Then he almost OD'd Marcellus' wife. Sending him to Butch's apartment was guaranteed to get one of them killed so either way Marcellus is tying up loose ends.
View Quote

Marcellus didn't know about the OD.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's probably why Marcellus sent him to Butch's apartment to finish the job (screwed that up, too). You can't have a guy like that working for you in that business for very long, don't forget he's also a junkie. Then he almost OD'd Marcellus' wife. Sending him to Butch's apartment was guaranteed to get one of them killed so either way Marcellus is tying up loose ends.
View Quote

He sent Vincent to Butch's place to kill him for not throwing the fight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Why didn't Butch just pack up his clothes and watch and have them in the motel room a day or two before fight night? See what happens when you trust a blueberry pancake eating, non chopper riding, cunnilingus obsessed Honda owner.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:32:54 AM EDT
[#4]
-You okay?
-Naw man. I'm pretty fuckin' far from okay.

I try to use this quote as often as possible.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:33:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why didn't Butch just pack up his clothes and watch and have them in the motel room a day or two before fight night? See what happens when you trust a blueberry pancake eating, non chopper riding, cunnilingus obsessed Honda owner.

View Quote

I don't think he planned to throw the fight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

He had people betting on him to win. He says that to whoever he was talking on the pay phone to.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:43:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He had people betting on him to win. He says that to whoever he was talking on the pay phone to.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:05:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He knew he wasn't throwing the fight when Marcellus paid him.He used that money to bet on himself when the odds went through the roof. After fucking over Marcellus he had to make a run for it. My point was he should have been ready to go before the fight.

And I just wasted post 1000 on a fucking Tarantino move thread...

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:26:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Made Sam Jackson’s career…

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's all you had to say...

Vincent Vega was also the dude that shot Marvin
in the face then talked shit to Mr Wolfe as he was trying
to help them.  

He's not exactly tier 1.  That seems about the sort of
error you could count on him for.

I always thought that both Marcellus AND Vincent were staking out Butch’s apartment.  Marcellus was on the way back from getting them breakfast when Butch ran him over.  That’s probably why Vincent didn’t do anything when he must have heard Butch enter the apartment.  He assumed it was Marcellus coming back.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

His brother was a mess as well….

https://i.gifer.com/fw8.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to help them.  

This quote string needs some music.

Stuck In The Middle With You

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know but it still happened. Yet another F-up on the list.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:13:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, which was guaranteed to get at least one of them killed. So no matter who dies, Marcellus has 1 less problem. Or, a lot less problems when you look at Vincent's potential to screw up. Butch was ready to disappear forever, Vincent was bumming around and barely staying out of his own way.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:17:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I always thought that both Marcellus AND Vincent were staking out Butch’s apartment.  Marcellus was on the way back from getting them breakfast when Butch ran him over.  That’s probably why Vincent didn’t do anything when he must have heard Butch enter the apartment.  He assumed it was Marcellus coming back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

to help them.  

Nice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Right, which was guaranteed to get at least one of them killed. So no matter who dies, Marcellus has 1 less problem. Or, a lot less problems when you look at Vincent's potential to screw up. Butch was ready to disappear forever, Vincent was bumming around and barely staying out of his own way.
View Quote

I really don't think Marcellus would have any issue offing Vega and wouldn't have needed Butch's help doing it.  
A's don't hire A's.  Sometimes they hire B's but prefer C's.  Vega is pretty clearly a C to C-.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:34:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He knew he wasn't throwing the fight when Marcellus paid him.He used that money to bet on himself when the odds went through the roof. After fucking over Marcellus he had to make a run for it. My point was he should have been ready to go before the fight.

View Quote

Butch was ready to go, but his girlfriend was a screw-up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I watched that movie at the $1 theater at least 7 times. It was always fun watching the people’s reaction to it since it was shot out of order. Most were like “what the fuck is going on?”
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it makes you feel any better, no one cares about your thousandth post.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Is that what I think it is?

It's beautiful.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It's beautiful.

I always thought it was Mia's dirty panties.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Best character ever put on film.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I didn't care much for it either. Tarantino peaked with Reservoir Dogs.
View Quote

Kill Bill was peak Tarantino but all his films are rewatchable.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Man, I don't even have an opinion
View Quote
Famous last words...
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You know what his father had to go through to get that watch??
View Quote
I don't have time to go into it, but he went through a LOT.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Going a little deep here but did anyone notice in the Breaking Bad sequel movie El Camino, Vince Gilligan threw a little shout out to Tarantino when *spoiler alert* Jesse was in Meth Damon's apartment looking for the money? The two "cops" came in and Jesse was hiding in the closet, the cop was a few feet away and Jesse drew down on him and said "be cool, drop the gun and do it cool" etc.

Every single Tarantino movie has people pointing guns at each other and saying some variation of "be cool". I think there was a lot of Tarantino-esque influence in that movie.
View Quote

Walt and Jesse going out to eat at the diner in their goofy new clothes after having just survived a harrowing situation was clearly inspired by Pulp Fiction as well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A Simple Plan has some bad decisions too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife has been picking the flicks to watch lately.

I just realized that this whole movie revolves around bad decisions and the effects.

Still a cool flick.

Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies, but if you want to see a film about bad decisions, watch Adam Sandler's "Uncut Gems"

A Simple Plan has some bad decisions too.
'Go' is another good one. Some dumb-ass wild shit, plus a great scene with William Fichtner "propositioning" Jay Mohr and Scott Wolf. And it's an early role for Timothy Olyphant.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I anyways laugh at the Julia Sweeney cameo. The chick who played Pat on SNL is randomly Mr. Wolf's girlfriend.
View Quote
I never took her to be his girlfriend. I always figured he just "entertained" her to facilitate using her dad's wrecking yard. By the way, are you guys like a volleyball team or something?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's beautiful.
View Quote
But I asked for a McMuffin, not a McGuffin...
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Walt and Jesse going out to eat at the diner in their goofy new clothes after having just survived a harrowing situation was clearly inspired by Pulp Fiction as well.
View Quote
Had a moment like that day after Christmas. After a boating accident (no shit), I was the only one that still had shoes, car keys, and a wallet. I took everyone to lunch, but stopped at WalMart for footwear. I went in and bought everyone a pair of these, and they had to all wear them into the restaurant:

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why would you take a closed door shit and get balls deep reading a book whilst waiting on the guy you are supposed to kill to come home? Knowing that there is an automatic weapon sitting on the kitchen counter? Only part of the movie that I don't like. Terrible situational awareness.
View Quote

Well, he is a heroin addict.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Stupidest, worst “movie” ever made. Total fucking trash.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Great movie. I saw it in the theater on a first date with a coworker. Probably watched it 10 times since then.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

to help them.  

View Quote

This. Dude couldn't even manage basic trigger discipline. Shittiest hit man in the world.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why would you take a closed door shit and get balls deep reading a book whilst waiting on the guy you are supposed to kill to come home? Knowing that there is an automatic weapon sitting on the kitchen counter? Only part of the movie that I don't like. Terrible situational awareness.
View Quote

He was convinced Butch was long gone on his way outta the country.  He never expected him to be in town, never mind dumb enough to come home for a fucking watch.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Conversely, the film in your avatar, OUATITW; I consider the most over-rated and over-celebrated film that I can think of.

With all due respect, of course.
View Quote

The opening is great but the rest of the movie doesn’t match up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#38]
such a quotable movie.  I use the 'It's a 30 minute drive...' line all the time.

I love to paraphrase the 'Did you see a sign that says...' bit into whatever it is I'm complaining about.  ex: 'Did you see a sign on my cube that says Coffee Maker?'

Are you an Elvis man?  'She the one with all the shit in her face?' 'Then you go and spring this gormet shit on us' etc etc

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

to help them.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to help them.  

And almost got Mia Wallace killed.

He was definitely a fuckup.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

His girlfriend was too stupid to handle that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The weirdest random character was Esmeralda Villa Lobos.   She was just odd.
View Quote

I’m pretty sure I read that her role was much bigger in the original script but got pared down.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I does work out.  In the "real" time line, Butch and Vincent meet at Marcellus's bar prior to Vincent going to Lance's house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did Butch key Vincent's car?

I always assumed so, but if you look at the actual time line the car was already keyed before they met each other.

I does work out.  In the "real" time line, Butch and Vincent meet at Marcellus's bar prior to Vincent going to Lance's house.

How does Butch know that it’s Vincent’s car? Could have been Jules’ car or a random car. Butch is already in the bar when Vincent and Jules come into the bar. The only different car in the parking lot than when he went into the bar? Seems out of character for the Butch character to be keying a car that might or might not be Vincent’s car simply for Vincent calling him “punchy” or “palooka”.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cause he’s a fucking douche nozzle criminal.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Uzi or whatever it is was Marcellus's gun.  That said, VV was a dumbass and a fuckup.  Main reason being he had the perfect opportunity to bang Mia but ended up almost killing her instead.  Idiot.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He was convinced Butch was long gone on his way outta the country.  He never expected him to be in town, never mind dumb enough to come home for a fucking watch.
View Quote

Then why was he there?  With a gun?

To kill Butch.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

To kill Butch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To kill Butch.

Yeah they were staking out the apt on a long shot Butch was still around.  He no doubt had goons all over looking.  He and VV took the "easy gig".
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He was on the toilet for that duration as constipation is a side effect of opiate [heroin] use.  Consistent.  See also: poor judgement / heroin use.

Winston Wolf was in a tux because he was at a midnight poker game which ran long.

Interesting movie which has largely held entertainment value.
View Quote

vincent was also in the shitter with a book while the diner was being robbed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What I really don't get is why Butch went back to save the guy from assrape when just a few minutes before, dude was shooting at him.
I'd have left him there with zed
View Quote

Yeah, but I laughed my ass off when Butch took his sweet sweet time choosing a weapon though.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
-You okay?

View Quote

Real men reply with "I'm fine."
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
-You okay?

In that circumstance a real man would definitely be pretty far from okay though
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top